Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
ITMFA

Corporal Punishment or Abuse

I'm now more astounded - people on this board are defending the guy after you clearly saw him swing that belt with full force and repeatedly hit that girl and the mother allowed it to happen. If you get hit enough, you learn how to internalize your emotions, that doesn't make the physical pain any less.

If what she did was so wrong, as a judge, why didn't he set a better example and call the sheriff and have her arrested - that would have sent a very strong message. If you want to discipline your child with a spanking, that's fine - I spank my child. BUT, when you get to the point where you are aggressively beating your child with a belt at full force and out of sheer anger - that is abuse, NOT DISCIPLINE.

Seriously, how many of you that see this guy's point would take a belt and beat your child like that? Anyone?????? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Being a child of abuse, I can absolutely agree with you. He swung that belt full force 17 times! Not to mention his words, I have spanked my kids but with my hand (never anything other than my hand) and never anywhere other than thier butt. Knowing that my father was like that to me and my brother, I know that I have his temper and I NEVER discipline my children when I am angry. This man is a POS in my eyes!!

He was hitting out of anger. I could tell that much off the bat. He just kept hitting and hitting. He was hitting her on the side and on her arms. That is not discipline that's ABUSE. And who the heck whips a 16 year old with a belt seriously?!? I didnt get spankings after like 10 years old. Taking away the computer for a few weeks or a month is a more suitable punishment that what this guy did. I wonder what the statue of limitations is for this, because he certainly committed a crime.

EDIT

Nevermind I googled it and he will NOT be charged.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-11-04/texas-beating-video/51067340/1

Edited by Jaydensmommy

I think what got me more than anything was when he came back into the room and said "I didn't get my lick in" REALLY?! What do you call the other gazillion licks you got in? SMH!