Paulding.com

This will be interesting to follow. I don't care if the Mayor made this call during the course of his duties. I just care that he made it at all. How childish. I sure wish I lived in Dallas, but then again I don't.

Yes, this is so childish. I would have never thought he would do such a thing. Shame

on you, Mr. Austin, I know your Mother and Father taught you better.

• Like 2

I live in Dallas and am proud to say I voted for Mr. Tingler!! We need some new leadership in this town, and by someone who isn't stooping to childish accusations to try to smear his opponent's name in the mud. Mr. Austin has to realize it is only making him look less and less desirable to the community he is trying to win over.

• Like 2

And we know that Mr. Austin himself made this alleged phone call, HOW? Because somebody alleges that they talked to him on the phone?

How do we know that Mr. Tingler's supervisor ( or somebody posing as such) isn't aiding and assisting his campaign by a little dirty tricks maneuver?

And we know that Mr. Austin himself made this alleged phone call, HOW? Because somebody alleges that they talked to him on the phone?

How do we know that Mr. Tingler's supervisor ( or somebody posing as such) isn't aiding and assisting his campaign by a little dirty tricks maneuver?

Using your best judgement, and the analytical skills learned over your lifetime while weighing the relative character and motivation of these men, which do you believe to be the most likely to be truthful? Which course of action would lead the most directly to a presumed benefit for the actor? Do you really think that the long time head of an engineering department at Georgia Tech would risk his reputation to assist an employee in becoming the mayor of a podunk town in Paulding County?

I have no doubt that Mr. Austin has been made aware of this accusation as well as the written statement from Mr. Tingler's supervisor, and were it not true, one would imagine that a falsely accused man would have made a statement to that effect by now.

Can anyone "prove" who made the call? Not totally, but there are some conclusions that are far more likely than others.

• Like 1

I suppose that could be true, however grossly implausible.

I suppose that could be true, however grossly implausible.

Well, I mean there IS a birth certificate that magically appeared in Hawaii. Forgeries and false accusations seem to abound these days.

I don't know if Mr Austin made the call, or if one of his supporters made it. Or if the call was made at all.

What puzzles me is that the supervisor took time to make an issue of it, thereby lending his indirect support to his employee's campaign. I don't know what the truth is, nor do I care. Only pointing out that not everything you read on the internet is true, unless authored by yours truly.:rolleyes:

Well, I mean there IS a birth certificate that magically appeared in Hawaii. Forgeries and false accusations seem to abound these days.

I don't know if Mr Austin made the call, or if one of his supporters made it. Or if the call was made at all.

What puzzles me is that the supervisor took time to make an issue of it, thereby lending his indirect support to his employee's campaign. I don't know what the truth is, nor do I care. Only pointing out that not everything you read on the internet is true, unless authored by yours truly.:rolleyes:

I never said he made the call. I said this would be interesting to watch. There must be something to it. But then again there might be nothing. I do care what the truth is and there are voters in Dallas that would care as well. I just thought that if it was true, it was childish.

Paulding politics in action, is about all I can say about this whole incident including its presentation on the Paulding pundit site which, I might add, is about as anti-Austin (regardless of the brother or position) as you'll find.

Beyond that, I find it a bit funny in that the anti-Dallas crowd - which is the group that that used to be the 'ins' from about 1996-2008 - have adopted Marvin Tingler in this race.

The most important thing to remember is that those folks won't be voting in the Dallas elections because they don't live there.

pubby

GOOD GRIEF!?!?!?!?!?!? Surely you do not believe that fiasco put out there by the Republican party???

I've heard from some in town that the Mayor was openly bragging about making the call. Another curious thing that someone bought up was that the mayor might have been involved in toting Jay Smith from Powder Springs to Dallas in order to cast his vote for the Mayor. Jay Smith is the Autistic gentleman who had been a fixture around Dallas since I was a kid. I heard he had moved to Powder Springs after his mother died. This is just hearsay, of course...

Would the "anti-Austin" crowd be "pro-Shearin" or former Shearin cronies?

Yes. Wait until the congressional race gets going and you will see. I'm no Boyd Austin fan, but I know this bunch and they don't need to hold any political power in Paulding, Georgia and damn sure not in Washington.

And Ithy is back. Does this mean I can get p.com membership at regular price?

• Like 1

Yes. Wait until the congressional race gets going and you will see. I'm no Boyd Austin fan, but I know this bunch and they don't need to hold any political power in Paulding, Georgia and damn sure not in Washington.

And Ithy is back. Does this mean I can get p.com membership at regular price?

So just so I can catch up, you're saying the Shearin crowd is backing Tingler so they can get back at the Austin brothers?

So just so I can catch up, you're saying the Shearin crowd is backing Tingler so they can get back at the Austin brothers?

What you have to bear in mind Mark is the old core group, including the Americans for Prosperity group is of the staunch lockstep mentality of "If you are not with me.....then you are against me". So anyone not part of their inner circle is the enemy if opposing them.

What you have to bear in mind Mark is the old core group, including the Americans for Prosperity group is of the staunch lockstep mentality of "If you are not with me.....then you are against me". So anyone not part of their inner circle is the enemy if opposing them.

I have no clue what you just said. Did The Postman hijack your account. :ph34r: :wacko:

Actually, it appears that if anyone speaks out or runs against an Austin, then they must automatically be part of the "Shearin crowd". So I guess we're stuck with these two brothers running the county for the next 20 years because no one can run for office without you, feelup, and others automatically smearing them as part of the boogie-man conspiracy. Like myself who moved here in 2007, can't even remember who I voted for between Austin and Shearin, and never met Shearin until 2009 after he was already out of office. Oh by the way, I would probably support Tom Graves if Shearin ran against him for Congress. <_<

I've met Marvin Tingler. I speak to him regularly. He really doesn't possess enough practical knowledge of the political history of Dallas to know what you guys are even talking about. He's not aligned with anyone. He is a well educated, professional, citizen of Dallas that is seeking election to the office of Mayor on the platform that he will encourage and promote the establishment and growth of small business. I can't find any harm in that. If I were a citizen of Dallas I would vote for him.

• Like 6

I've met Marvin Tingler. I speak to him regularly. He really doesn't possess enough practical knowledge of the political history of Dallas to know what you guys are even talking about. He's not aligned with anyone. He is a well educated, professional, citizen of Dallas that is seeking election to the office of Mayor on the platform that he will encourage and promote the establishment and growth of small business. I can't find any harm in that. If I were a citizen of Dallas I would vote for him.

I have met Marvin as well and I concurr that he would be a good mayor. And Boykin been there 16 years.

My only concern is when the Paulding Pundit and company back someone, I tend to automatically go the other way.

They took a drubbing in the past 2 local elections, losing everything except for Paulette's seat in the state house. If indeed, they are for him, it gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

And I also think its a bit absurd for Boyd to be tattling on Marvin to his boss.

• Like 1

But Mark, a well educated, rational person such as Marvin Tingler who wants what is best for his City and all its residents poses a serious threat to TPTB that only exist to serve and promote the interests of a select few. Without that knowledge, he is dangerous, very dangerous to that group even working against them without knowing it, which will be a very good thing.

I'm personally tired of the Paulding County dynasty. Vote them out of office and God forbid block them for running for higher offices which I have strong suspicion at least one of them may persue in the very near future.

• Like 4

But Mark, a well educated, rational person such as Marvin Tingler who wants what is best for his City and all its residents poses a serious threat to TPTB that only exist to serve and promote the interests of a select few. Without that knowledge, he is dangerous, very dangerous to that group even working against them without knowing it, which will be a very good thing.

I'm personally tired of the Paulding County dynasty. Vote them out of office and God forbid block them for running for higher offices which I have strong suspicion at least one of them may persue in the very near future.

Yeah, somebody has their eye on a State Representative position, you can pretty much count on that. As for Tingler, I haven't met him. As for Boyd, I have met him and I am not overly impressed. Not in the least. I find the story here entirely plausible. But I don't live in Dallas, so my opinion of him is neither here nor there.

I have met Marvin as well and I concurr that he would be a good mayor. And Boykin been there 16 years.

My only concern is when the Paulding Pundit and company back someone, I tend to automatically go the other way.

They took a drubbing in the past 2 local elections, losing everything except for Paulette's seat in the state house. If indeed, they are for him, it gets the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

And I also think its a bit absurd for Boyd to be tattling on Marvin to his boss.

Look at it this way, Marvin is a registered Republican. Most in the Party are probably going to support him. I have no clue whether Boyd is a member of any Party. You could be reading far too much into it.:ninja:

Look at it this way, Marvin is a registered Republican. Most in the Party are probably going to support him. I have no clue whether Boyd is a member of any Party. You could be reading far too much into it.:ninja:

Granted, and I have no dog in the fight.

And based on the current status of our lawsuits, with the Georgia Appelate Court I am not a very big fan of our sitting Board of Commissioners, including David Austin. In our various attempted negotiations with them we were told "When the Judge issues his ruling we will sit down and see about working out a settlement". Well, the Judge ruled, and they voted to spent another $100,000 on top of the $1+MILLION they have already spent, and here we are 4 months later with no end to the madness in sight.

They lied to us, plain and simple.

Boykin has been mayor for a long, long time. In all, I think what he has done with the old square [even though King Jerry and company then went and built the Taj Mahal outside of the downtown district] as well as fixing up main street, the theater, the civic center, fountain across from the 1st Baptist Church, the Silver Comet Spur, etc. have all been commendable projects accomplished with grants and some SPLOST money.

But at the same time, 16 years is a long time.

Like I said, I met Marvin and he seems qualified.

I just shy away from any thing that "Group" at the local GOP gets behind. I don't imagine Marvin has any idea of the past history of 12 years of financial rape and pillage by those involved. And that includes their semi-official spokesperson with the Paulding Pundit.

I am about 100 yards outside of Dallas so I can't vote anyway.

I do know and think very highly of young Mr Ragsdale who is running for the city council. He would be an asset.

I normally would not weigh in on this topic but..................The people of the city of Dallas need to WAKE-UP. NO i do not live in the city limits, but I have been around the Dallas community in several different ways. I have worked in Dallas, attended City Council meetings, and have attended a very LARGE number of functions in downtown Dallas over the past 16 years.

Could one Boyd Austin supporter tell me what he has ACTUALLY done for Dallas? The is the county seat is it not? Should the downtown area not be supported???

Based on the debate the other night downtown Dallas has NOTHING anyone one; so let's not support the merchants and businesses!!! REALLY? I have shopped these business' for the past 16 years, they must have something someone wants!

And who was the commentator that asked the questions at the debate, to me he seems slanted towards Mr. Austin. Was he suppose to be non-bias???

It seems to me that ONLY since someone had the BALLS to run again Mr. Austin had anything gotten done! Amazing after so many years, Sal's got a license to sell beer? How come this year? And not in the previous 15 years!! The previous Mexican restaurant was told He-- would freeze over before beer was sold in Dallas, seems really warm to me?

Anyone else want or need anything? Now is the time to ask for it!!!

No, I have not meet the other person running, but yes I have only many occasions spoken with Mr. Austin. Impressed?-NOT ON YOUR LIFE~!!!!

After 16 years, Isn't it time for a change???

Wake up Dallas, or quit complaining!

• Like 2