#1 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

Ha! No, I'm not going to ask what night. :lol:

How young is too young to take your little one out? I want to dress BabyB up and take him out, really just becuase I think he's the cutest baby ever, and want to show him off, lol. MrB says he's too young.

What do y'all think? He'll be about 5 1/2 months by then.

#2 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

I dressed mine at 9 months. We went to about 5 houses we knew and spent the rest of the night on the porch. Everyone loved her.
Posted Image

#3 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

Awe! I don't think there is a too young! People will probably give you more baby friendly candies like lollipops. Thats what I do when little babies show up, I also keep some little baby friendly toys in a bucket (halloween rubber ducks etc) just for them.

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#4 MsGaStorm

MsGaStorm

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

I am not a mom, but I say that just because he won't remember it doesn't mean that you won't. Besides, there will be pictures to show him one day! LOL Have fun. :D

Ohhh...if his grandparents and other family members are local then take him by their homes. They will love seeing him dressed up. :wub:

Edited by MsGaStorm, 22 September 2011 - 08:58 AM.

• primus likes this

"Either fate IS funny or God has a FANTASTIC sense of humor!!" - Me

"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

#5 petshopboys

petshopboys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

You shouldn't go trick or treating. You should sit in front of your house and have people come to you. My son was 5 months old his first Halloween and we dressed him up and handed out candy in the driveway so everyone could see him. I would think it was kinda weird if someone came to my door with a baby that can't even eat candy. Of course, if you know the people you are planning on visiting then it is fine. Just not strangers.
  • Riograce likes this

#6 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

My sister dressed up nephew as a biker with a Harley shirt, sunglasses, do-rag, etc., when he was about six months old...CUTEST PICS EVER. We had a ball. Heck, yeah, I'd dress him up and take him around, esp. to places where you know people. They will love it.

I WANT HIM. Just sayin'. :ninja:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#7 stbarts

stbarts

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

I remember dressing my son up as a pea pod when he was a baby .
And my daughter as a sunflower.
So cute ! And cute pictures !
Lasting memories .

#8 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Awe I don't have a problem who comes to the door as long as they are dressed up :lol: I don't care if an adult shows up trick or treating with their kid. It's all about the fun of Halloween.

I've had minivan loads of kids with a few parents show up without any costumes of any type or some saying they are collecting for a sick brother/sister/nephew. I save the now & laters and laffy taffy for those ones. :lol:

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#9 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

I think it's ok. plus, free candy! I think I will take mine to a few houses, because I feel like it would be a waste of money to buy him costume and not take him to at least one house. I'm still deciding what he should be. The daugher suggested a baby zombie. :D
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#10 PcsCharli

PcsCharli

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

Have fun, take a lot of pictures, make memories. Wether you go around or stay at home is up to you. Dress up or not-enjoy the day!
PS-I took my 1st out just 2 weeks after she was born. We didn't have the money for a costume, but she had a pumpkin colored dress, and although those pictures were lost in a move, i still remember them, and her. We met our neighbors, and got some candy for ourselves, and had fun. Life is meant to be lived-go out and do that
  • MsGaStorm likes this

#11 ~S~

~S~

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

My little guy is due Oct 30th. I am thinking they are going to schedule a c-section sooner (we go on the 10th to get weight of baby again) because it seems I am giving birth to a toddler instead of a newborn. I am totally buying him a costume and dressing him up! No trick or treating but will have family come by to ooh and ahh over him :blush: !

Edited by ~S~, 22 September 2011 - 10:47 AM.

"It's your ability to inspire and uplift other people that matters, not your ability to outdo them." ~author unknown

#12 matthewspiglet

matthewspiglet

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

I took all of mine.

my oldest was 9m
then my 2nd to the oldest was 11m
then my 3rd to the oldest was a month
my last was a month

#13 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

I think I will dress him up and take him just to a couple of houses where we know the people. I LOVE Halloween!!! I don't know what to dress him as yet. I will prolly take him to a couple of houses, then spend the rest of the evening on the porch. Our families all live in TN, so I won't be able to take him there.

I'm just so excited! LOL I *love* this time of year.
  • MsGaStorm likes this

#14 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,443 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

I think I will dress him up and take him just to a couple of houses where we know the people. I LOVE Halloween!!! I don't know what to dress him as yet. I will prolly take him to a couple of houses, then spend the rest of the evening on the porch. Our families all live in TN, so I won't be able to take him there.

I'm just so excited! LOL I *love* this time of year.

DO IT!
and post pictures here of what he looks like in his little costume!!
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#15 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

DO IT!
and post pictures here of what he looks like in his little costume!!

I will! LOL

#16 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

BTW, Trick or treating is going to be on Saturday, October 29 this year.

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

#17 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

I hope you are kidding.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#18 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,620 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

I just dressed mine up and took pics. Unless you have family to go with- I would Not bother . You would be bored and may look a tad strange with knocking on the door and it's just you and a baby who can't even eat candy lol

Edited by CarolineElizabeth, 22 September 2011 - 06:48 PM.

#19 Devon927

Devon927

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Of course you can take your baby! Baby costumes are so cute. My son was a skunk for his first Halloween and everyone loved it! :D
ETA: I would go with friends and their kids, though. I guess it would be a little weird if it was just you, husband and baby LOL. Make it a group thing and all will be fine.

Edited by Devon927, 22 September 2011 - 07:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics