Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
bored

Fire?

I am behind PCHS and woke up a few minutes ago to a smoke smell.

Searched my whole house and we are fine.

Opened the doors and we are in a very heavy smoke cloud.

It is very thick and we are choking. We see no flames and have heard no sirens. Does anyone know of a fire in the area?

Between 9-9:30 pm I experienced the same thing along the Hiram stretch of 278. I could see or drove through at least 2 miles of smoke hanging around the parking lots and roads. I really wish people would realize that we have an outdoor burn ban until October 1st that was implemented by the state. From what I have seen online it looks as if we will have a burn ban from May-October every year. I have a slight case of asthma that the smoke causes to flare up and it can develop into bronchitis. There are others in Paulding with much more serious breathing problems like COPD and emphesema. I really feel for those people. We are also so dry right now that we are in a mild drought and we could easily end up in a situation like Texas is experiencing. Do they really want to accidentally burn down theirs or their neighbors' homes?

http://www.paulding.gov/FAQ.aspx?QID=71

It is still very strong over here. I thankfully have no breathing problems but did not sleep due to the odor. I feel sorry for those who suffer from breathing issues, this is rough stuff.

Has anyone called the fire dept. to see what is going on? If it's all over the county then someone must have been burning off fields.

Has anyone called the fire dept. to see what is going on? If it's all over the county then someone must have been burning off fields.

I have not, but that is a good idea.