rescue 9 enroute, not conscious/breathing, 23month old male - starting CPR

CM 3 enroute

SO 159 enroute

SO 167 following rescue, and enroute

SO 177 picking up for 159

commander asking for CID to be enroute

res 9 on scene

Edited by FreeBird

My son and I were sitting in a doctor's office by Scottish Rite this afternoon and I was looking out of the window as the Life Flight landed. My son said did you know that the Life Flight costs thousands of dollars. I said yes but if it saves a child's life it's worth it. I wonder if this baby was on that flight. My thoughts and prayers are with this baby and family.

Being without O2 can be a whole different animal - this call was pretty sad to listen to - the rescue was there very quickly and the dispatcher were giving instructions to start CPR.

I did not have a good feeling on the call, but at least there was enough hope to send the boy to the hospital.

Please people put high locks on doors, door chimes when doors are opened and invest in an alarm for your pool if you EVER have kids around a pool.

You are right Solo. I kept my grandkid and he was a smart cookie. It did not take him long to find that he could pull up a chair and turn the deadbolt lock we had installed high up on the door. We had to install the alarm that chimed when the door opened. Well worth the extra effort!

You are right Solo. I kept my grandkid and he was a smart cookie. It did not take him long to find that he could pull up a chair and turn the deadbolt lock we had installed high up on the door. We had to install the alarm that chimed when the door opened. Well worth the extra effort!

It scares me to death to know so many do not do these simple things. My family is one that suffered through this years ago before alarms were around.

We don't really know the facts in this case, but should there be some form of negligence assigned to someone that does not protect such a hazard from a child?

What about a child wondering too close to a viscous dog?

Protecting a pool seems like a good county ordinance or very high home owner's rates for someone that decides to not protect the property from unwanted guests.

We don't really know the facts in this case, but should there be some form of negligence assigned to someone that does not protect such a hazard from a child?

Protecting a pool seems like a good county ordinance or very high home owner's rates for someone that decides to not protect the property from unwanted guests.

I think it is strange that you have to have a fence to protect neighbor kids fron your pool but nothing to protect you own kids or others who are visiting a home with a pool.

I think it is strange that you have to have a fence to protect neighbor kids fron your pool but nothing to protect you own kids or others who are visiting a home with a pool.

Boy is this not the truth; however, WE, as parents, must have our children in seat belts, BUT the country can put our kids on busses with NO seat belts! And, from what I hear, some have to "squeeze" into seats meant for 2!

PRAYERS AND MORE PRAYERS FOR THIS BABY AND HIS FAMILY!

Edited by sungoddess

I have an above ground pool. I don't have a fence. I don't have kids. I don't have neighbors with kids. (a the moment) But we usually take the ladder out of the pool. Heck, I forgot and left it in the last time I was in. :pardon:

Praying for this child and his family

Edited by GeorgiaTornado

I don't know the situation at this particular house, and I'm not speculating, but a pool needs to be protected.

Paulding is one of the few jurisdictions that does not require a fence around an above ground pool. If a pool has a 5 ft fence and locked gates, a child is far less likely to end up in this situation. A swimming pool is like candy to a two year old.