Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
kittycat

I need my power supply on HP

Checked......

No power going into my hard drive....Is there someone who can check to see if my power box is out?

Thanks

Cedarcrest PC is a commerce member. I've never heard of power not going to the "hard drive" only. Did you have "ANY" power going to the computer???

Cedarcrest PC is a commerce member. I've never heard of power not going to the "hard drive" only. Did you have "ANY" power going to the computer???

I pushed the off button and turned it off.....then when I went to push the button to turn it back on ....it didn't turn back on.....

Try Steven Redmond at Computer Rescue. 678/848-7079. He is local. Someone handed him a laptop that had been sitting in a cooler of water and he had it up and running in 2 short days! If he can't fix it then it probably can't be fixed!:clapping:

I pushed the off button and turned it off.....then when I went to push the button to turn it back on ....it didn't turn back on.....

Sounds like your power supply/fan is acting up. I just had mine replaced because it would shut down just like that. That's a system (MB) problem though. It shouldn't affect your hard drive.

Sounds like your power supply/fan is acting up. I just had mine replaced because it would shut down just like that. That's a system (MB) problem though. It shouldn't affect your hard drive.

Chevy took it to cedarcrest and he put in a new power out box....and still it didn;t come on....so I think its a gonner............... :wacko:

I'm the one that shut it down...then it wouldn't turn back on...

kathy i just replaced my power supply not to long ago i might be able to tak a look at it if you want me too

Thanks for the offer....He is thinking the mother board went out....

Possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. PM me if you need to.

Possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. PM me if you need to.

He said it was the mother board so I just brought it back home.....I don;t know nothing else to do with it.........You can take a look if you want too....

I thought my power supply had gone out a few months ago and it was really the motherboard. They are pricey, too, so be prepared for that. Or get a new computer. Laptop or desktop?

And I second the recommendation for Steven at Computer Rescue.

I thought my power supply had gone out a few months ago and it was really the motherboard. They are pricey, too, so be prepared for that. Or get a new computer. Laptop or desktop?

And I second the recommendation for Steven at Computer Rescue.

Thank you......I can't afford pricey right now.........LOL.....it will just have to sit and wait a bit.....LOL

PM sent.

If I hadn't had a 13 month old top-of-the-line laptop, I would have opted for a new computer over the new motherboard. I didn't want to lose my laptop, so I went with the motherboard. I think it was around $150, plus or minus. That included labor. I wish I had talked to Steven before I had it done.

Thank you......I can't afford pricey right now.........LOL.....it will just have to sit and wait a bit.....LOL

When you are ready I will be happy to give you an accurate diagnosis of your computer problem. Yes, it is true that the motherboard could be the issue but I would need to know the back history of the computer and the events leading up to.

Give me a call anytime and I will help you out. :)

Thanks, Steven

P.S. Thank you everyone for recommending me! I really do try to help folks and make computer problems as painless as possible. :)

When you are ready I will be happy to give you an accurate diagnosis of your computer problem. Yes, it is true that the motherboard could be the issue but I would need to know the back history of the computer and the events leading up to.

Give me a call anytime and I will help you out. :)

Thanks, Steven

P.S. Thank you everyone for recommending me! I really do try to help folks and make computer problems as painless as possible. :)

Thank you.....Got your number....

Subby, I loved what you did for my mower deck but what you are referring to is old computer technology. The power supplies at one time were all self contained, once we went to systems where the OS could shut down power that had to change, what was a relay on the power supply is now a chip on the main board.

I don't know Cedar crest but this is a simple one to trouble shoot.