Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
trueheart

New Hobby/Craft store?

I sent an email to the Real Estate Department of Hobby Lobby requesting them to consider bringing a store to the Dallas/Hiram area. I have read some of your comments in the past and noticed that many of you feel as I do about wishing we had one nearby. This is the response I received. Thought that if more of us sent them similar requests, they might actually consider building one here. I got the email address from the "contact us" section of their website.

Message body

Thank you for your interest in Hobby Lobby. Our requirements to locate a new store in any given area are: 30,000 people in a town or city with 150,000 in a reasonable trade area. Your email has been forwarded to the Real Estate Representative for Georgia.

Our plans for 2011 are to open 30 - 40 additional stores within our operating area. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, please try our online catalog at http://www.hobbylobby.com. We have an extensive selection of our basic hobby and craft items that can be ordered through our website and delivered by mail.

Carla Crowell

Secretary to Scott Nelson, Asst. Vice President

Hobby Lobby Real Estate

7707 S.W. 44th Street

Oklahoma City, OK 73179

Phone 405-745-1792

Fax 405-745-1635

Hobby Lobby is my favorite store. I would be in BIG trouble if one opened in Paulding!! The other ones are far enough away that I can't go everyday:)

Edited by melnsid
  • Like 3

I sent an email to the Real Estate Department of Hobby Lobby requesting them to consider bringing a store to the Dallas/Hiram area. I have read some of your comments in the past and noticed that many of you feel as I do about wishing we had one nearby. This is the response I received. Thought that if more of us sent them similar requests, they might actually consider building one here. I got the email address from the "contact us" section of their website.

Message body

Thank you for your interest in Hobby Lobby. Our requirements to locate a new store in any given area are: 30,000 people in a town or city with 150,000 in a reasonable trade area. Your email has been forwarded to the Real Estate Representative for Georgia.

Our plans for 2011 are to open 30 - 40 additional stores within our operating area. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, please try our online catalog at http://www.hobbylobby.com. We have an extensive selection of our basic hobby and craft items that can be ordered through our website and delivered by mail.

Carla Crowell

Secretary to Scott Nelson, Asst. Vice President

Hobby Lobby Real Estate

7707 S.W. 44th Street

Oklahoma City, OK 73179

Phone 405-745-1792

Fax 405-745-1635

Hobby Lobby is my favorite store. I would be in BIG trouble if one opened in Paulding!! The other ones are far enough away that I can't go everyday:)

Thanks for sharing.

I started an email group for Georgia Crafters with the idea of sharing ideas, and possibly having some local get togethers:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeorgiaCrafters

I'd like to hear about the kinds of crafts you both like.

Thanks for sharing! I adore that store but hate having to go all the way out to D'ville, Austell or Kennesaw. YUCK!

What email address do we send the email to?

Thanks for sharing.

I started an email group for Georgia Crafters with the idea of sharing ideas, and possibly having some local get togethers:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GeorgiaCrafters

I'd like to hear about the kinds of crafts you both like.

Cool I will check it out. I love to sew. I mainly make purses, baskets/storage bins and drawstring backpacks. Here is the one I made last night.

post-9729-0-17425100-1312738431_thumb.jpg

post-9729-0-30679500-1312738464_thumb.jpg

Edited by melnsid

Cool I will check it out. I love to sew. I mainly make purses, baskets/storage bins and drawstring backpacks. Here is the one I made last night.

That looks great! Do you do childrens outfits?

It's funny that you posted this because just this afternoon I drove all the way out to Cartersville just to go to Hobby Lobby, only to find out that they are CLOSED on Sundays! Hmph! When I worked in Cartersville a few years ago, I used to go there all the time on my lunch breaks. Love that place!

I would also love to have a Hobby Lobby out here- I like it so much better than the other craft store in Hiram. What email address did you send that to?

I agree. I'm not a fan of Micheals, really. I would just love a place with a large selection of fabric and notions. JoAnn is my fav! But the HobLob would do. And I don't do WalMart.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing! I adore that store but hate having to go all the way out to D'ville, Austell or Kennesaw. YUCK!

What email address do we send the email to?

I would also love to have a Hobby Lobby out here- I like it so much better than the other craft store in Hiram. What email address did you send that to?

Here is a link to the email page for Hobby Lobby.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/customer_service/contact_us_form.cfm?company=1&addr=4&dept=6

If that doesn't work, I went to www.hobbylobby.com, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on "customer service". On the next page I clicked "view contact information". Then on the next page I clicked on "Real Estate Department".

I also like shopping at JoAnns. Maybe we could do the same thing and email them. Hopefully one of the two would find a way to build out this way.