Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
tranquility

Stupid Stinking Yellow Jackets !

I was in the backyard with the dogs and saw yellow jackets hovering low over the grass.

First I moved away and had the dogs go onto the deck then walked away slowly as I realized I was right over an abandoned mole hole that they had made their home in, before another thought could come to mind they had sent out their Special Forces to attack.

There were two of the kamikazies, one went for my neck and the other one went low. I swatted the one off my neck before it stung me but the #@&!% that went low stung me right above my knee toward the inside of my leg. They just kept coming back, buzzing so loud and I imagined the cartoon where the bee is coming at you butt first with a nasty look on it's face.

Oh have mercy, it was a barb of pure fire.

The red and fire was rapidly spreading as I stripped off my shorts and shirt to make sure there weren't more.

I pulled out the stinger, popped a Benadryl and went to Google a

fix.

I read several things and went with "Make a paste of salt and water to draw out the venom".

It was fire on fire for about a minute then the pain just started to go away. You need to have the extra paste and a wet wash cloth to wash off an reapply until the red and swelling goes down. This took about two hours but this morning the redness and smoldering

fire is so much better.

After dark I went (slowly and in absolute fear) back out there to spray wasp, hornet and yellow jacket killer spray into the hole and covered it with a rock.

Now I have a question: Anyone have a stick or two of dynamite laying around they don't need ?

How can something so little "bee" so mean and full of fire ?

First of all let me start out by saying GO DAWGS!!!

Second, Epson salts and hot water are great for drawing out the venom. Table salt works too in a pinch, so good call there. :good:

Third, did you find their rear exit? They almost always have one, watch the general area today just in case they're slightly still pissed off and swarming around it as you don't want your dogs getting into them if any are still around.

Being a manly man I still operate under the rule the only thing for the nests are pouring undiluted gasoline in both front and back entrances, but at these gas prices.. :ninja:

Good thing you spotted them before you stepped into the nest, could have been a lot worse. ;)

They are terible. I have a hive in my wall under my front porch. I went on vacation and when i came back they have another opening to go in and out. The bug man came yesterday to spray them. Hopefully they will be gone today. If not i don't know what i'm going to do. I had at least 100 of them in the house.

They are terible. I have a hive in my wall under my front porch. I went on vacation and when i came back they have another opening to go in and out. The bug man came yesterday to spray them. Hopefully they will be gone today. If not i don't know what i'm going to do. I had at least 100 of them in the house.

Now I heard.. don't know how good this works.. but if they're in an exterior wall, find the entrances.. go out at night with plastic sheeting, old shower curtain, or even cutup and taped together garbage bags, and seal the plastic over the area all the way to the ground, including both entrances, but leave an airspace. Then set off the entire 3pack of bug foggers under the plastic sheeting to "smoke" them out. Think the deep penetrating dry foggers for like $10 a box does the trick.

I have had my issues with red wasp this year.. I was pulling the water hose off of the hose roller and stuck my hand in a wasp nest.. and those dang things will chase you...

First of all let me start out by saying GO DAWGS!!!

Second, Epson salts and hot water are great for drawing out the venom. Table salt works too in a pinch, so good call there. :good:

Third, did you find their rear exit? They almost always have one, watch the general area today just in case they're slightly still pissed off and swarming around it as you don't want your dogs getting into them if any are still around.

Being a manly man I still operate under the rule the only thing for the nests are pouring undiluted gasoline in both front and back entrances, but at these gas prices.. :ninja:

Good thing you spotted them before you stepped into the nest, could have been a lot worse. ;)

I'm thinking they have noticed the Ga shirts I wear and took revenge.

After looking over the yard this morning I noticed several mole holes so I sprayed down inside them also.

Now I can't cut the backyard today because I am not moving the rocks until tomorrow morning. I went those little @#!* to be good and dead before a rock is coming off.

Hopefully the spray and heat of the day will take care of at least some of them.

I told my husband to buy concrete, I want to mix it up and fill the holes as deep as I can then put dirt on the top few inches to seal them.

He's highly allergic to them so I'm dealing with them, and now they must die !!

Do you know if they will make new holes to escape or are they that smart ?

I know they are plenty mean but not sure how smart they are..

Edited by tranquility

I told my husband to buy concrete, I want to mix it up and fill the holes as deep as I can then put dirt on the top few inches to seal them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd just watch the general area today to see if there are any live ones.

You probably got them good with the wasp killer stuff, but better to be safe then stung.

And if there are bunches of them left, yeah, they can sometimes dig out a new entrance.

I had someone cleaning out my gutters and on my roof a couple of weeks ago and believe it or not, they had made a nest in a pile of leaves on the ROOF!! (I have nothing but trees in my yard) He got stung about 40 times and had to go to the hospital. Thank GOD he did not fall off the roof!

I was in the backyard with the dogs and saw yellow jackets hovering low over the grass.

First I moved away and had the dogs go onto the deck then walked away slowly as I realized I was right over an abandoned mole hole that they had made their home in, before another thought could come to mind they had sent out their Special Forces to attack.

There were two of the kamikazies, one went for my neck and the other one went low. I swatted the one off my neck before it stung me but the #@&!% that went low stung me right above my knee toward the inside of my leg. They just kept coming back, buzzing so loud and I imagined the cartoon where the bee is coming at you butt first with a nasty look on it's face.

Oh have mercy, it was a barb of pure fire.

The red and fire was rapidly spreading as I stripped off my shorts and shirt to make sure there weren't more.

I pulled out the stinger, popped a Benadryl and went to Google a

fix.

I read several things and went with "Make a paste of salt and water to draw out the venom".

It was fire on fire for about a minute then the pain just started to go away. You need to have the extra paste and a wet wash cloth to wash off an reapply until the red and swelling goes down. This took about two hours but this morning the redness and smoldering

fire is so much better.

After dark I went (slowly and in absolute fear) back out there to spray wasp, hornet and yellow jacket killer spray into the hole and covered it with a rock.

Now I have a question: Anyone have a stick or two of dynamite laying around they don't need ?

How can something so little "bee" so mean and full of fire ?

hmm I would do this pour some gasoline in the hole light it and run but if you have some gun powder pour it into the with the gasloine then light it up it will go BOOM

Now I heard.. don't know how good this works.. but if they're in an exterior wall, find the entrances.. go out at night with plastic sheeting, old shower curtain, or even cutup and taped together garbage bags, and seal the plastic over the area all the way to the ground, including both entrances, but leave an airspace. Then set off the entire 3pack of bug foggers under the plastic sheeting to "smoke" them out. Think the deep penetrating dry foggers for like $10 a box does the trick.

The bug man coming must of taken care of them. I haven't seen any today. Thanks for the info.