5 replies to this topic

#1 Computer Rescue

Computer Rescue

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a "poke" here and remind you to back up your important files. Especially, those all important and non-replaceable family pictures.

There are some VERY nasty viruses going around that are causing some SERIOUS issues with good peoples computers. It pains me to get a computer that is so infected that there is little I can do with it.

Though I summon all of my skills and talents each and every time to rid these computers of their infection I must admit I sometimes lose the fight against the outnumbering viruses.

Take time soon to burn your files onto a CD/DVD or back them up onto a USB flash drive. Anything to at least give you a chance of having a back-up copy.

Oh...and don't make the mistake of thinking your computer is protected because you have a "purchased" or "free" Anti-virus program. NO Anti-virus program exists (at least available to you and me) can protect you 100%.

And if I can get away with saying this...

"Be safe...use a flash drive!"

Have a good one! :D

Posted Image

Proud to be a Paulding Based Company

Posted Image

http://cpu-rescue.com
Service Hours: Monday-Saturday 8:00AM - 7:00PM
All Major Credit & Debit Cards Accepted

#2 mysterious

mysterious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

Nice reminder.
I am computer dumb and would not know how to back these up the correct way.
I use a redneck way to back things up. Everything I need to keep I email to myself. That way I can access it from any computer in the world.
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

#3 Computer Rescue

Computer Rescue

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Very creative. :) It works! :D

What you are doing is similar to using an online back-up service like Mozy or Carbonite. A lot of people use these types of services.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 QOTSA

QOTSA

Are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,347 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

I was thinking of getting an external hard drive to back up. But I also have a lot of songs on iTunes.
You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...

#5 Computer Rescue

Computer Rescue

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

Good idea! :D

You can back those songs up onto your external hard drive easily. Also I believe iTunes (finally) gives you the option of reviewing all of your previous downloads and then gives you the options of re-downloading them...I think without charging you?? This would give you a safety blanket.. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Thoughts

Thoughts

Demon begone!!!

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

A bit of advise I give all my customers about their computers is to back up their files on a regular basis, have a recovery disk (easy to make) and never keep anything important on your main hard drive. Always keep it on flash drives or external hard drives and don't keep those devices always connected, only hook them up when you need them. A well known, or not so well known, fact about the major anti-virus/spyware companies is that they are paid by other companies to let their spyware thru. Also most service providers also download spyware regularly to your computer to tailor advertising to your personal surfing habits. These programs can be exploited by hackers so even with a good anti-virus/spyware program, stuff still gets thru...
Posted Image Posted Image

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Religion in Government is like Gang Rape. 5 out of the 6 participants thinks it's great, done by popular concensus and morally justified because the Bible and "god" said they could. Publicly the 5 condem it but have no problems privately supporting it or participating in it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics