Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

College books cheap; heck they'll buy yours and some ...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,848 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

... and some of the cash stays in Paulding.

I know how expensive college textbooks are and we've got three colleges operating here.

Anyway, out of an understanding that this is something not immediately available online from PCOM and there are really no college bookstores here (or likely to advertise here anyway), I signed on as an affiliate of ecampus which is an online bookstore where students can buy and sell textbooks.

And while this is an affiliate link - i.e. pcom earns a commission on transactions - because they are not a paid member nor are they local, members here are free to comment on the quality of service they've received. For instance, it really wouldn't hurt my feelings if folks who have dealt with them and felt they weren't treated fairly, made their complaints known.

Indeed, that kind of rule applies to any of the affiliates that I might expose the PCOM community to.

Still, as my presumption is these folks are successful, do provide lower cost access to things like used books and even discounts on new textbooks, if it can save students here money ... it will benefit the remainder of the community in that there is more money left to circulate locally.

That, frankly, is the primary reason for this (and to earn a 6% commission on sales.)

pubby
pubby

#2 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Too. many. words.

So to sum it up, you/pcom signed up with some website, pcom earns money if we use the link...and you don't care if we express our dislike for said website?

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#3 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,848 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Too. many. words.

So to sum it up, you/pcom signed up with some website, pcom earns money if we use the link...and you don't care if we express our dislike for said website?

I'd say it this way, myself:

Pcom signed up with a website that I think may save folks here money; if it, and you use the link, we'll make some money ... so use it and tell us what you really think.

pubby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics