• Stay the same
    • Drop

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, they have to get the money from somewhere to keep paying Holland & Knight to litigate against us. H&K's MILLION, plus another couple of hundred thousand to Talley, Richardson and Cable to

Best be talkin' to your insurance agent. The amount insured should be the amount it would cost to REPLACE IT, not what it originally cost or what it is worth at the moment.

They said on the news yeaterday that home values will continue to drop .   But I still like being a homeowner . I was raised in Chicago and never lived in a house. We always lived in apartments .

Don't have mine yet .

But I got an income tax return , and I went to the court house to see if I could pay towards my house taxes. I had atleast half .

I was told I couldn't . I have to wait until November .

I'm so worried I'll spend that money before then

Got our assessment today, value remained the same.

Curious to see what the assessment of the rest of the county did.

SG

I'm in Cobb. Mine has been the same since I bought the house in 2004. I should have appealed earlier and this year I did. I requested that they lower my assessment by about 12% which is the median value that houses in our neighborhood have dropped. I included comparable houese and their assessed values plus current listings and sales. I am optimistic that they will approve my appeal.

Mine dropped over 10% in value, which is great for property tax. The problem I see is that if the house burned down, I can't rebuild it for the insurance amount.

Best be talkin' to your insurance agent. The amount insured should be the amount it would cost to REPLACE IT, not what it originally cost or what it is worth at the moment.

• Like 4

remember that the property does not need to be rebuilt in the event of a fire - so the price you paid and replacement value will be two different numbers

Correct...broken out into land and house, if you will. The replacement value would be for the house and contents. But say you buy a house for $200,000. Then you do $100,000 improvements. If you don't up your insurance by $100,000, they're only going to pay the $200,000. Also, when the coming inflation hits, if you keep your insurance at what the value is or what you paid for it, the replacement/rebuilding costs will eat you alive.

Correct...broken out into land and house, if you will. The replacement value would be for the house and contents. But say you buy a house for $200,000. Then you do $100,000 improvements. If you don't up your insurance by $100,000, they're only going to pay the $200,000. Also, when the coming inflation hits, if you keep your insurance at what the value is or what you paid for it, the replacement/rebuilding costs will eat you alive.

And if you have highly expensive items such as jewlery, furs, etc, these need to be covered in your policy.

Some carriers require a "Rider" policy for these items.

And if you have highly expensive items such as jewlery, furs, etc, these need to be covered in your policy.

Some carriers require a "Rider" policy for these items.

True dat. But for some reason, my carrier wasn't interested in my Wal-Mart bling. :D

Don't have mine yet .

But I got an income tax return , and I went to the court house to see if I could pay towards my house taxes. I had atleast half .

I was told I couldn't . I have to wait until November .

I'm so worried I'll spend that money before then

put it in a 6 month certificate at your bank or credit union.

• Like 1

Ours went down $18,000.00 :(

But it looks like the estimated tax will remain the same as last year :(

Must be nice to be in power

Pipe down, peon. Your betters know better than you.

Hrmph.

/s off

at this point, My house is worth what you might pay for a brand new fully loaded Lexus SUV. :wacko: About half of what we paid for it. It went down $9000

I so understand!!!

We bought ours as a starter home. Think we paid $95,000 for it, This was back in early 2004. Now the paper says the FMV is $55,900 (last time it said $75,800 - we still had hopes of selling the house then :lol: ) Well now we figure we'll never be able to sell and renting is a hassle so we're just going to live here and enjoy a cheap payment. Houses in my moms hood are selling for in the 70's and these are huge homes. Just gotta remember they come with huge utility bills too :lol:

I'm wondering if next year the house will be FMV $25,000 :lol:

Pretty sure the homes in Flint, MI are worth more than the ones out here.

Ours went down about $12,000.

Gotcha beat! Mine went down $19,900

Maybe it helps to not mow the lawn around the time they assess :ninja:

Ours went down $18,000.00 :(

But it looks like the estimated tax will remain the same as last year :(

Must be nice to be in power

oh not in our case, our tax value dropped 7,960

wonder if my mortgage/escrow etc will go down any again

The estimated taxes for this year come to $1522.00. I will have to go check, but I am certain my taxes were less than that last year. How exactly can the value be less from last year, yet what I will owe will be more?

Our home has lost so much value over the last three years, I feel like a yard sale ought to be literal to sell the yard.

It is beyond depressing.

Our home's assessed value has declined more than $56,000 in three years.

All of my equity is GONE.

All of it.

For the first time ever since this declining market, I find myself upside-down in my loan.

There is a HUGE part of me that sees walking away as a viable option.

I LOVE my home. I DETEST what's happening to its value.

I'm unhappy about this, AND I VOTE.

• Like 1

Our previous years value and the current years value stayed the same, on our personal house. On the rental property the FMV was down $9,900 and the 40% AV was down $9,960. When does the discount kick in for turning 65??? 8)

Id' rather be over Insured than under Insured!!!!!