#1 delete

delete

Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

[attachment=9859:attachment]

Edited by PauldingBiz, 11 August 2005 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

(((((Mo)))))

That is a beautiful picture of your mom. You look just like her.

With Matt's g'ma passing Saturday we feel the same way this Mother's Day. Hubby and I will treasure our mom's so much this Mother's Day, but there will be a sadness. Matt's g'ma was a mom to all that knew her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and please know you are not alone.

Erin

#3 WineShopatHome

WineShopatHome

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (PauldingBiz @ May 4 2005, 02:59 PM)
This Sunday is Motherís Day.
I just wanted to share a few thoughts.

In August of this year it will be two years since my Mom passed away. This Motherís Day I am missing her more than I did last year, maybe because more time has passed for me not to be able to see and talk to her.

My Dad died back in 1968 when I was still a kid and my Mom never remarried. She spent all the following years raising six kids on her own with very little help from anyone. I think back on those years and remember the shabby and out-of style clothes she wore to work and the endless struggle to stretch the dollars she had to take care of us all and it makes me very sad. And she not only took care of us kids, she took care of her elderly Father who lived with us for a time.

When we are young we sometimes fail to realize what sacrifices our parents make for us. We take things for granted and our immaturity makes us unable to understand why we cannot have what our friends have. I hated the hand-me-down clothes from my older cousins and not having enough money for the toys and games my friends had. I used to resent having to come home from school and having to wash kitchen floors, do laundry and vacuum because my Mother didnít have time to do it like other kidís Moms.

As I grew older, my Mom and I were never very close. I left home at a pretty early age for a girl and started working and attempting to finish my education. Those were some pretty rough years and even though we were not close, I knew that my Mom would always be there for me if needed. I made a lot of mistakes but I learned to be self sufficient. I used to think it was because I had done it all on my own but now I realize that it was because of the example that my Mom set for me that I was able to do so.

I just was not smart enough to know it then.

This Motherís Day I miss her really bad. She wonít get to see her great-grandson grow up and I wonít get to tell her half the things I should have when she was alive.

But then againÖsomehow I think she knows. She always did know what was on my mind even when I did not or would not tell her. Itís a Motherís Gift.

So..Happy Motherís Day Mom.
AndÖ.I didnít forget.
This is a picture of my Mom on her wedding dayÖitís the nicest picture I have of her.

Your Mother may not be here physically but she is the angel on your shoulder. She is the voice in your head guiding you in the right direction. She is the one who tells you that everything will be okay...don't give up. She is the one sitting next to God when you say your prayers.

#4 delete

delete

Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

Erin...(((hugs))) right back to you!

Thank you and I was sorry to hear about Matt's grandmother.
I will keep the both of you in my thoughts this Sunday also.

You remind me of my daughter, she is only a few years older than you. smile.gif

And Pinkcaddy those were such wonderful words! Thank you very much!

I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts today.
I only hope that someone who has not called their Mother in a long time will think to do so. And not just on Mother's Day... smile.gif

#5 delete

delete

Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:13 AM

No one else wants to post a tribute to their Mom on Mother's Day?

I thought this would be full up by now!

You all know...Mom's make the world go 'round...

Happy Mother's Day all you Mom's out there!

And Happy Mother's Day to my daughter...you always made my world go 'round! wink.gif

Edited by PauldingBiz, 08 May 2005 - 05:14 AM.

#6 Armymom

Armymom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 06:27 AM

PBiz,
Thank you for that wonderful tribute to your mom.
(I agree with Erin, you look just like her!)
My mom had 5 daughters (I always felt SO bad for my dad smile.gif
Some of the things that I always hated when I was little :
Having ALL my clothes made for me. My mom was a wiz on the sewing machine and she made everything we had from our dresses (couldn't wear pants to school back then) to our slips and pajamas. As far as I knew, we were the ONLY kids in the entire world who never had store bought clothes!
Working in the garden. Oh how I hated this! Imagine, getting out there in all that heat and having to hoe and weed and THEN when everything was ripe, having to pick it. I always hated the bees that flew aroung the Okra and green beans more than the heat.
We would cry and were convinced we were the ONLY kids in the entire world who had to work in the garden!
Then there was getting all those vegatables ready for canning and freezing. Shucking that corn and shelling those peas etc, etc, ETC!
It seemed like all there was was work, work, work!!
But what I never realized (or was just possibly too selfish to think about) was that my mom worked ten times harder than us girls could possibly work!
Long after we went to bed, she would be hard at work at that sewing machine, adding the finishing touches to that dress she had made so that we would have something "new" to wear the next morning.
Long after we were allowed to "finally" go and play, she was still out in that garden picking, or on the porch shelling those peas etc, etc, ETC!
Our clothes may not have been store bought. But they were made by loving hands with little extra touches that no manufacturer could ever match.
Our food may have been "home grown" and not store bought, but it was planted, harvested and prepared by loving hands and there was always an abundance in the pantry.
I wish I had of been thankful when I was little.
I will never be able to tell my mom enough how much I appreciate all she did for us.
Happy Mother's Day MAMA!!!!

Armymom
"May God Bless And Keep Our Sons And Daughters of The Military Safe And In His Care 'Til They Come Home"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

#7 mrsjones

mrsjones

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:10 AM

Paulding Biz,

Happy mother's day to both you and your mom. She sounds like a wonderful mom and I know how you feel about not understanding things when you were a child. I have no idea how it feels to lose a mom as I am fortunate enough to still have mine.

From what I get out of your post, both you and your mom did a wonderful job in raising and creating a very thoughtful, interesting and intelligent individual. Congratulations to both you and your mom for helping you to be that! I'm sure your mom is very proud.

Hope today is not too hard for you.

Happy mother's day!

me smile.gif
George Hughes

#8 drosser

drosser

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!

My God bless and keep every one of you safe. Mom's are a precious part of our lives. Treasure yours if she's still with you. If she's with the Lord, know that she is safe and happy and that she will always watch over you and your family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics