Paulding.com

One of Rep. Braddocks ideas ... What do you think?

No, I am not going in that gutter with you. I will not.

I personally don't "hang out in the gutter" and anyone who KNOWS me, knows that.

Now on a different note, I KNOW News Junky personally and I KNOW she takes the time to educate herself about not only issues affecting the education of our precious children, she also takes the time to be a civic-minded, community oriented, contributing citizen to our community. I know she attends school board meetings frequently to stay informed on what is going on in our school system as well as many other commumity oriented events.

I don't know you but can you say the same? Or are you just another who loves to sit back and play "armchair quarterback" and loves to disagree with others and resort to "name calling" simly because others simply don't agree with your OPINIONS.

I personally don't "hang out in the gutter" and anyone who KNOWS me, knows that.

Now on a different note, I KNOW News Junky personally and I KNOW she takes the time to educate herself about not only issues affecting the education of our precious children, she also takes the time to be a civic-minded, community oriented, contributing citizen to our community. I know she attends school board meetings frequently to stay informed on what is going on in our school system as well as many other commumity oriented events.

I don't know you but can you say the same? Or are you just another who loves to sit back and play "armchair quarterback" and loves to disagree with others and resort to "name calling" simly because others simply don't agree with your OPINIONS.

You said different note and then proceeded to stay in the same gutter about making it personal. I. Won't. Go. There.

Vouchers are not good for the children, the schools or our society.

Edited by zoocrew

Thank you BB. I think highly of you too. I am not even sure you agree with the voucher system but I do know you respect the right of those who do to have their opinion. Elitist is a word that best describes those in political power in Washington right now. It seems to me that they took away a program that was helping kids to learn and have a chance to get out of terrible schools. Why? It was a voucher system, and it was putting those poor kids at the same expensive private school that the Obama kids attend. Now who is the elitist?dry.gif

You said different note and then proceeded to stay in the same gutter about making it personal. I. Won't. Go. There.

Vouchers are not good for the children, the schools or our society.

Are you going to answer my questions? Do you frequently attend school board meetings like News Junky does to stay informed?

Just because it is YOUR opinion that vouchers are not good for our children DOES NOT make it so.

Will you not go there because there might be a possibility that you can (gasp) be wrong?

Thank you BB. I think highly of you too. I am not even sure you agree with the voucher system but I do know you respect the right of those who do to have their opinion. Elitist is a word that best describes those in political power in Washington right now. It seems to me that they took away a program that was helping kids to learn and have a chance to get out of terrible schools. Why? It was a voucher system, and it was putting those poor kids at the same expensive private school that the Obama kids attend. Now who is the elitist?dry.gif

EXACTLY! :clapping: :clapping:

Are you going to answer my questions? Do you frequently attend school board meetings like News Junky does to stay informed?

Just because it is YOUR opinion that vouchers are not good for our children DOES NOT make it so.

Will you not go there because there might be a possibility that you can (gasp) be wrong?

Not. Going. Into. The. Gutter. With. You. And. Personal. Attacks.

Not. Going. Into. The. Gutter. With. You. And. Personal. Attacks.

Good try former member. I am not the one continually calling others "ELITISTS" simply because they don't agree with my point of view. As my wonderful Mother says "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Good try former member. I am not the one continually calling others "ELITISTS" simply because they don't agree with my point of view. As my wonderful Mother says "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Still trying the personal insults. Not going there.

Still trying the personal insults. Not going there.

TOO LATE....you've already gone the "personal insults" route way too many times with too many people here. You might want to try to approach of analyzing your own actions before you are so critical of others.

TOO LATE....you've already gone the "personal insults" route way too many times with too many people here. You might want to try to approach of analyzing your own actions before you are so critical of others.

Your'e still trying to make this a personal attack. Not going there.

There is a voucher topic to talk about.

Your'e still trying to make this a personal attack. Not going there.

There is a voucher topic to talk about.

So answer my question. Do you regularly attend our School District meetings as News Junky does?

And please, don't go there about the "personal attacks." I am simply asking you to prove your opinion is superior to that of News Junky's opinion (who happens to be a very well informed citizen of this community). Can you do that or can you not? It is simply a question.

So answer my question. Do you regularly attend our School District meetings as News Junky does?

And please, don't go there about the "personal attacks." I am simply asking you to prove your opinion is superior to that of News Junky's opinion (who happens to be a very well informed citizen of this community). Can you do that or can you not? It is simply a question.

I don't have to answer your questions and engage in making this personal. There is a voucher topic to talk about.

I don't have to answer your questions and engage in making this personal. There is a voucher topic to talk about.

Why in the world would you not answer my questions as they are very relevant to the topic at hand? What makes your opinions about vouchers superior to News Junky's opinons about vouchers? It is a very innocent question that you are refusing to answer.

After all, you are the one who called her the "elitist." Not by any stretch of the imagination the first time you have called anyone here the same thing simply because they don't agree with your opinion. :rolleyes:

Why in the world would you not answer my questions as they are very relevant to the topic at hand? What makes your opinions about vouchers superior to News Junky's opinons about vouchers? It is a very innocent question that you are refusing to answer.

After all, you are the one who called her the "elitist." Not by any stretch of the imagination the first time you have called anyone here the same thing simply because they don't agree with your opinion. :rolleyes:

Didn't call her an elitist. I said the voucher system was elitism and an elitist system.

My Gosh....I can't believe I am engaging in this silly conversation but if YOU don't like MY posts, then simply ignore them - it is a very simple concept.

There is a voucher system to discuss.

It is exactly what the voucher system does.

But you're never wrong.

Elitism.

Let me have the pleasure of referring you to YOUR above post former member. As you will note, you said and I quote "But you're never wrong". "Elitism." Obviously with the word "you're" and being that you are replying to News Junky's post, most people would have the common sense to realize you are referring to News Junky.

Try as you may to "sugar coat it", "spin it" or whatever. Please don't try to insult the intelligence of anyone that might by chance be reading this thread.

Edited by Beach Bum

Let me have the pleasure of referring you to YOUR above post former member. As you will note, you said and I quote "But you're never wrong". "Elitism." Obviously with the word "you're" and being that you are replying to News Junky's post, most people would have the common sense to realize you are referring to News Junky.

Please don't try to insult the intelligence of anyone that might by chance be reading this thread.

"Elitism" refers to the voucher system, not a person. An "ism" is not a person. If I were referring to News Junky, I would have said Elitist and put it in the same paragraph as the sentence that said "But you're never wrong."

Please don't try to insult the intelligence of anyone that might by chance be reading this thread.

There is a voucher topic to discuss but you're still bent on making it personal.

Edited by zoocrew

"Elitism" refers to the voucher system, not a person. An "ism" is not a person.

There is a voucher topic to discuss but you're still bent on making it personal.

Once again, try to spin it - whatever makes you feel better.

You still haven't answered my question - do you frequently attend school board meetings here and are you active in the betterment of our community (and yes, News Junky is) as to helping to achieve the best results possible for our students and citizens?

Try as you may to "sugar coat it", "spin it" or whatever. Please don't try to insult the intelligence of anyone that might by chance be reading this thread.

Hey BB, I think it is time for us to leave the voucher question and what Paulette is up to to former member. I am going to read a good book.:)

Once again, try to spin it - whatever makes you feel better.

You still haven't answered my question - do you frequently attend school board meetings here and are you active in the betterment of our community (and yes, News Junky is) as to helping to achieve the best results possible for our students and citizens?

This topic is not about me but about vouchers, and stopping vouchers is helping to achieve the best results possible for our students and citizens.

This topic is not about me but about vouchers, and stopping vouchers is helping to achieve the best results possible for our students and citizens.

I'm asking. How can you prove that stopping vouchers can help in achieving the best results possible for our students and children? And how can you justify calling people here an "elitisit" simply because they don't agree with your opinion.

Hey BB, I think iit is time for us to leave the voucher question and what Paulette is up to to former member. I am going to read a good book.:)

I agree. A friend of mine gave me several books earlier in the week that are very inviting and I think I might move on to those for more stimulating entertainment.

Hope you have a great night News Junky and thank you for all you do for our community.

Their are a lot of parents that can not afford to pay the $5000 of tuition up front to take advantage of this tax credit, so basically what it boils down to is this is a break for the rich parents and the poor parents have to send their kids to the underfunded public schools.

People do have a choice about where their kids go to school, you simply have to pay for the choice that you make.

When you choose to take money from the public school system we all suffer.

You may have to work 2 jobs to send your child to private school.

My issue with Christian schools is that there is no consistency in what christian is, it varies from not only denomination, but church to church.

Do you want children attending a school regularly where daily during chapel there is snake handling?

Now our Gov. has the door open to dictate what is and isn't an acceptable religion. And to fund those it approves of and not fund those it deems unacceptable.

You know life is not fair. many people can not afford to send their kids to private school.

On the flip side the rich don't get a tax break because they can.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I support school choice. :)

This is only a choice for the wealthy. There is no school choices for many (I would say the majority) of us.

former member you have your view and that is fine,your ideas are right down the line with the democrats. That's fine your with the that party,but be a little more foregiving. It isn't wrong to disagree,and by no means is it personal. On here you have to have tough skin,everyone sooner or later ends up on the receiving end.:ninja:

Let the money follow the child.

All for that one - no children, no school tax.

Never understood why we all have to pay for those who choose to reproduce anyway, but that's one form of subsidization I notice parents of all political persuasions gladly receive.