Paulding.com

Sunday Sales Passes

I voted yes. I cannot wait for Gay Marriage to become legal, too!

If we are able to buy on Sunday, does it mean I may want to Marry a girl and beat her and her kids???:rofl:

Remember people. If a man beats his wife, he is drunk and it is Sunday. He also did it because he is gay and wants to marry a man instead of his wife.

Another argument presented today against the bill was that more kids would become alcoholics and dies in car accidents. Another even said that we have a moral obligation to keep Sunday sacred for God. I have never in my life heard so many passages from the bible quoted in a legislative hearing and have absolutely none of them address the topic at hand. Can someone point me in the direction of what bible verse says no booze on Sunday?

Another argument presented today against the bill was that more kids would become alcoholics and dies in car accidents. Another even said that we have a moral obligation to keep Sunday sacred for God. I have never in my life heard so many passages from the bible quoted in a legislative hearing and have absolutely none of them address the topic at hand. Can someone point me in the direction of what bible verse says no booze on Sunday?

They can't have it both ways. Separation of church and state should be carried all the way through.

Sunday is a day of the week just like Wednesday is. I would never ask a Baptist to buy a drink on Sunday. But that same Baptist shouldn't try to prohibit me from buying one based on HIS religious beliefs.

It's an antiquated law, and it needs to be gone.

They can't have it both ways. Separation of church and state should be carried all the way through.

Sunday is a day of the week just like Wednesday is. I would never ask a Baptist to buy a drink on Sunday. But that same Baptist shouldn't try to prohibit me from buying one based on HIS religious beliefs.

:drinks:

I don't know if I can place enough of these ----------------------->drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif in this post.

Remember people. If a man beats his wife, he is drunk and it is Sunday. He also did it because he is gay and wants to marry a man instead of his wife.

He probably did it because of those piercings she got when she was drunk on Sunday. :blink:

Who votes these yahoos into office anyhow? And the likes of Bobby Franklin?

I voted yes. I drink very rarely but if I want to buy on Sunday I should be able to.

How does buying on Sunday cause gays to get married or women to be beat?

Really? You actually have to ask that question?

It most certainly does cause these things!

It works on the same principle that my gun will just get up out of my closet,

load itself, and walk out on the street and murder someone!

Ya know, us law abiding citizens need to have EVERYTHING restricted and monitored for us.

It's the criminals that obtain things illegally that you don't have to worry about. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink: :blink: :pardon: :pardon:

I think it's the one where Jesus sat down to supper with his 12 apostles and had WINE and bread...

Oh wait... :unsure: :unsure:

:rofl:

You're right... BUT, there's no such thing as separation of church and state.

It was a concept written about. It's not in the Constitution.

What IS in the Constitution is that the government will not create a law respecting a specific religon or

prohibit someone from exercising their right to free worship.

I'd be willing to bet they were very careful in the way the law was worded to not tread on the first amendment.

It would probably never be official admitted that the reason was for religious beliefs, even though it was...

It's the same old government story of them trying to protect us from ourselves and forcing ones beliefs on others.

That is not true. He bought the water on Saturday, but he turned it to wine on Sunday.

I just hate it when people misrepresent Biblical facts.

:rofl:

Wonder if he got a permit to manufacture alcohol?

You're right... BUT, there's no such thing as separation of church and state.

It was a concept written about. It's not in the Constitution.

What IS in the Constitution is that the government will not create a law respecting a specific religon or

prohibit someone from exercising their right to free worship.

I'd be willing to bet they were very careful in the way the law was worded to not tread on the first amendment.

It would probably never be official admitted that the reason was for religious beliefs, even though it was...

It's the same old government story of them trying to protect us from ourselves and forcing ones beliefs on others.

Perhaps. But ask any religious zealot upon which principle they stand when they ask for tax exemption for their religious organization.

There is no bible verse that says that, so it can't be found. About the closest you could find would be something about the sabbath, and since that has always been from sundown friday until sundown saturday i don't see how it could apply

Bout dayum time! This is the only state I've lived in where you couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday...and I'll tell you what, It's a PITA when you run out late Saturday night (after midnight) and can't send someone for more cuz the stores don't sell it. Talk about a party buzz kill LOL

I VOTE YES YES YES! I agree with Tabbycat, Separation of church and state NEED to be completely followed!

Did he mention women consuming too much alcohol on Sundays at home and then going out to find a piercing parlor so they could have their genitals pierced whilst intoxicated ?

He tried to attach an "Anti-Women's [only] Genital Piercing Bill" several years ago. He attached it as an amendment to a good bill which would have made it a crime for parents [generally of certain African Ethnic Groups] to mutilate the genitals of young girls.

Because of Heath's absurd amendment, the primary bill did not pass, and it is still legal in Georgia for a father or mother to surgically remove their daughter's clitoris.

Damn man!!! :lol: I spewed beer all over my computer office area, fell out of my chair (which has a 5 year "form" to my ass)...what else can I say??? That's the funniest dang thing I've heard (or read) all day.....all week, in fact! :lol:

I was in a room with 70 other people, and Bill Heath was the subject of sooo many jokes.

I don't know this "Bill Heath" guy...but from what I am reading, it's skeers the shiznit outa me that such narrow minded people are actually in the high positions they are. And I mean SKEERY....but yall remember!! YOU are the voters. When you hear about such crazy talk, make a mental note of it (in my case, I need to use post-it's!) but either way.....there's always another election coming up. ;)

Bout dayum time! This is the only state I've lived in where you couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday...and I'll tell you what, It's a PITA when you run out late Saturday night (after midnight) and can't send someone for more cuz the stores don't sell it. Talk about a party buzz kill LOL

I VOTE YES YES YES! I agree with Tabbycat, Separation of church and state NEED to be completely followed!

I am a Home-Boy....never go far away. But one time I did...me, dad, my brother, and a good friend all went out to see the country. Well...we hit The Gateway in St, Louis, then trekked across a state they call Missouri, which reminded me of a sort of I-285...there was a "town" stop for almost 6 hours!!! Finally, the next state 9sharing the same town name, although this was not the capital, ;) "Topeka"....get my drift?

Anyhoo....not only was beer sold on Sunday, but everyone from here to Yellow Stone Park, then through the Rockies in Colorado, all seemed to ask us the same question....."you folks are from GA, aren't you?" I'm not lying!! In fact, this is one of the main reasons I have not ventured any further than Mayretta in a number of years. (North Ga. & P.C., FL are the only "regular" places I venture into....for vacation purposes, and I don't even know why I still do that!! :pardon:

Anyhoo...there was a point to all of this. I lost it somewhere along the line, so feel free to clue me in.....

on my own thoughts!! :lol:

Dang...that's pretty bad!!! (But I can fix a mower and play the piano)....mama says that keeps me just barely one step above being "questionable". :lol:

j/k....sort of.

There is no bible verse that says that, so it can't be found. About the closest you could find would be something about the sabbath, and since that has always been from sundown friday until sundown saturday i don't see how it could apply

Are you sure sunday is the sabbath?

Did he mention women consuming too much alcohol on Sundays at home and then going out to find a piercing parlor so they could have their genitals pierced whilst intoxicated ?

He tried to attach an "Anti-Women's [only] Genital Piercing Bill" several years ago. He attached it as an amendment to a good bill which would have made it a crime for parents [generally of certain African Ethnic Groups] to mutilate the genitals of young girls.

Because of Heath's absurd amendment, the primary bill did not pass, and it is still legal in Georgia for a father or mother to surgically remove their daughter's clitoris.

He also used it in an attack against Mason Roundtree,when the election was hot and heavy. That was a bloody campagn,I was on Masons campagn and we worked real hard but still came up short.:angry2:

You know, I don't mind the 7th Day Adventists and others coming to the door to tell me about their savior. I can be polite and say "no thank you" and go about my business as I see fit, while they have done what they see as their duty to their God. It's a win-win. What I absolutely can not abide is some holier than thou, indignantly self righteous politician using the legislative power of his office to forcefully restrict my individual rights in an effort to buy votes.

I can tell you, if my soul ever needed "saved" I don't believe that Mr. Heath would be my first stop.

• Like 2

Well we don't want to get married. But Heath says if I buy beer on Sunday I'll want to. So following his logic...

Just do not forget to abuse a woman as well. :lol:

It will be interesting to see if the cities or counties that decline to allow sales see an exodus of liquor stores to the other side of the jurisdictional line.