Paulding.com

Sunday Sales Passes

PUBBY HERE. DIDN'T NOTICE THE POLL UNTIL TOO LATE. SORRY I HAD TO KILL IT BUT YOU USED THE 'PUBLIC POLL OPTION' WHICH DISCLOSES THE CHOICES THAT FOLKS MADE WITHOUT PROPER NOTIFICATION. I WILL SAY THAT THE VOTE WAS OVERWHELMINGLY IN FAVOR OF SUNDAY SALES - ABOUT 39 TO 2 - BUT HAVING ACCESS TO THE MEMBER NAMES OF SUPPORTERS WAS TO ME AN INVASION OF PRIVACY. SORRY, BUT I FROWN ON PUBLIC POLLS AND HAVE DONE THIS KIND OF MODERATION IN THE PAST.

Its official. At 1:15pm today the Georgia senate voted down all ammendments to the Sunday Sales bill and passed the clean bill 32-22.

Of note is that Bill Heath, Senator of North Paulding, opposed the bill on all counts, cried profusely at the podium about now we are going to see a huge increase in gay marriages and women being abused if this bill passes.

Please remember this when he comes back up for re-election.

Edited by PUBBY
TO REMOVE THE PUBLIC POLL WITH ID OF VOTERS

Did he mention women consuming too much alcohol on Sundays at home and then going out to find a piercing parlor so they could have their genitals pierced whilst intoxicated ?

He tried to attach an "Anti-Women's [only] Genital Piercing Bill" several years ago. He attached it as an amendment to a good bill which would have made it a crime for parents [generally of certain African Ethnic Groups] to mutilate the genitals of young girls.

Because of Heath's absurd amendment, the primary bill did not pass, and it is still legal in Georgia for a father or mother to surgically remove their daughter's clitoris.

Did he mention women consuming too much alcohol on Sundays at home and then going out to find a piercing parlor so they could have their genitals pierced whilst intoxicated ?

He tried to attach an "Anti-Women's [only] Genital Piercing Bill" several years ago. He attached it as an amendment to a good bill which would have made it a crime for parents [generally of certain African Ethnic Groups] to mutilate the genitals of young girls.

Because of Heath's absurd amendment, the primary bill did not pass, and it is still legal in Georgia for a father or mother to surgically remove their daughter's clitoris.

I was in a room with 70 other people, and Bill Heath was the subject of sooo many jokes.

Who votes these yahoos into office anyhow? And the likes of Bobby Franklin?

I voted yes. I drink very rarely but if I want to buy on Sunday I should be able to.

How does buying on Sunday cause gays to get married or women to be beat?

He cried? :wacko:

This is awesome news! So what happens now? When do we vote? I feel so liberated.

Now it will go to the House where it is already slated for approval, then to Nathan Deal for signing into law (which he has vowed to do). After that it will become law. Then it is up to our local municipalities to create a ballot referendum to be voted on in the next election (or in a special election just for it if they want to). Then it will take effect whenever the referendum states it will become legal. We just have to make sure our local government knows that we want to vote on this, as well as making sure the supporters go to the poles for it. Generally the Church group of citizens make up a majority of voters, this as a whole does not bode well for the law, but if everyone that wants sunday sales votes, it will surely pass. And no worries, if it doesnt, I assure you Cobb County will be legal on sunday and we can give them the tax dollars if Paulding doesnt want it.

If any moderators are reading this, can you please change this to a non public poll. I didnt realize it was where you could see everyone and how they voted. I would rather it be private in that matter.

If any moderators are reading this, can you please change this to a non public poll. I didnt realize it was where you could see everyone and how they voted. I would rather it be private in that matter.

LOL - leave it as it is. If you support something - or don't - you shouldn't be afraid to have your opinion on the matter out there.

*However*, I will not be voting in your poll because your 'options' are so obviously slanted in favor of Sunday sales. They may be cute as a button, but they don't necessarily reflect the reasons why someone would vote yea or nay.

Its official. At 1:15pm today the Georgia senate voted down all ammendments to the Sunday Sales bill and passed the clean bill 32-22.

Of note is that Bill Heath, Senator of North Paulding, opposed the bill on all counts, cried profusely at the podium about now we are going to see a huge increase in gay marriages and women being abused if this bill passes.

How on earth is being able to buy beer on Sunday at Publix going to increase gay marriage? Are people, especially our ELECTED officials, REALLY THAT STUPID?

He cried for real or did he just whine a lot?

Our wonderful Senator Bill Heath voted against it, claiming that the people of his district were totally against it. He also claimed in a passionate speech that allowing Sunday sales would drastically increase the number of children from broken homes and the number of women who are beaten by alcoholic husbands. What hot air!!!

Who votes these yahoos into office anyhow? And the likes of Bobby Franklin?

I voted yes. I drink very rarely but if I want to buy on Sunday I should be able to.

How does buying on Sunday cause gays to get married or women to be beat?

Same here!

WOOT!! :yahoo:

P.S...OP, the "No, I love Jesus" option is absolutely hilarious :p .

OMG, I know!!! I laughed out loud at that one!!!!

Yes there are mystical powers that can only be access on Sundays and through the copious consumption of alcohol that causes gays to get married, and women to get their genitals pierced.

Be forewarned that purchasing your alcohol in advance of the ritual will not work. All parts of the ritual from purchase to piercing must be performed ON Sunday.

Isn't today cross-over day? That was close.

Is this why Bill Heath is crying? :ninja: He has said that that $3 million in additional sales tax revenue is of no real consequence to him. I am constantly amazed by some so called fiscal conservative who put forcing their religious beliefs (or those of whom they suppose to be the majority of their core voting block) above the overall good of the public. It will not likely increase the number of children in broken homes or the number of beaten wives, because the true drunks in the state already know to buy beer on Saturday night and to buy their wife-beater t-shirts at Walmart.

It will not statistically increase the number of DUI's over and above the increase in overall automobile traffic due to the increased number of stores being open. They could be McDonalds instead of liquor stores for that matter. Sonny's New Mexico study has long since been debunked as flawed.

I was there today too. Can't say I am surprised. The Paulding County Republican Party had a Resolution last Saturday that called for the passage of this bill. Amazing that a dead Bill can show so much life!!:lol:

Our wonderful Senator Bill Heath voted against it, claiming that the people of his district were totally against it. He also claimed in a passionate speech that allowing Sunday sales would drastically increase the number of children from broken homes and the number of women who are beaten by alcoholic husbands. What hot air!!!

Beaten? I like mine stirred.

I was there today too. Can't say I am surprised. The Paulding County Republican Party had a Resolution last Saturday that called for the passage of this bill. Amazing that a dead Bill can show so much life!!:lol:

The local GOP is endorsing Sunday sales in Paulding? If so, I'm impressed!

mrnn

How on earth is being able to buy beer on Sunday at Publix going to increase gay marriage? Are people, especially our ELECTED officials, REALLY THAT STUPID?

He cried for real or did he just whine a lot?

If our elected officials are that stupid, what does it say about the ones that elected them into office?

Nah, I think if we want the choice to purchase on a Sunday something that is legal all the other days of the week, we are not afraid to have people know we support the chance to vote on it. :lol:

I hope someone runs against Heath... better yet term limits need to be put in place so someone will run! It's tough to unseat incumbents when the money train to back them is bought and paid for in votes!

Best resolution for getting rid of Heath would be to give Paulding its own State Senator based on our population now, and redraw Heath's district towards the west, and Hamricks to the North, and let Paulding have everything in the middle.

However, I have been told our Local GOP wants everything to stay the way it is so they don't have to fight for a new candidate in a previous GOP stronghold, meaning we get to keep Heath and Hamrick, neither who live in Paulding or share in Paulding's problems and challenges.

I wish the local GOP would stop and consider what is best for the citizens of Paulding instead of what is best for their control of the situation.

Heath is beatable, but as we learned last November, Jesus Christ running as a Democrat in Paulding County could not get elected opposite Lucifer himself. So we got to find an honest Republican to run. Oxymoron ?

heath was up there literally crying like an idiot when he was speaking about all of the homeless children and beaten women that would come of this. it's absolutely embarrassing.

Maybe he was hitting the sauce prior to his speach... sad drunk? :drinks:

It often seems the one that wants to limit others - has the probem themselves! I'm just saying. :pardon:

I voted and then deleted my vote. I realized it was specific to Paulding. But rest assured if we get it on the ballot for Polk I'm definitely voting yes and I don't care who knows it. I simply can't wait. I'm going to swing by the liquor store the Sunday that I get married to Jimmy.

1. I voted and then deleted my vote. I realized it was specific to Paulding. But rest assured if we get it on the ballot for Polk I'm definitely voting yes and I don't care who knows it. I simply can't wait. I'm going to swing by the liquor store the Sunday that I get married to Jimmy.

Hey, hey I thought you didn't want to get married!! :shok: You're gonna break a lot of hearts if you do that!! :wub:

BRB, I'm going to get another beer and it's Wednesday!! Oh my!!

1. [*]

Hey, hey I thought you didn't want to get married!! :shok: You're gonna break a lot of hearts if you do that!! :wub:

BRB, I'm going to get another beer and it's Wednesday!! Oh my!!

Well we don't want to get married. But Heath says if I buy beer on Sunday I'll want to. So following his logic...

oy vey .... and this is real!?!?!???

seriously folks, did this rep actually cry and go on about gay marriage and piercings and beatings and ???

Really????@!??!?!?!?!?

I didn't vote for this .... um ... er ... individual, but this all concerns me about those who live around me .....

this is just pure &*(*&(*.

how does one go about instigating an impeachment for fraud?

I definitely will!!! What insanity! Who knew domestic abuse and gay marriages were the result of Sunday alcohol sales?! :rofl:

Yes there are mystical powers that can only be access on Sundays and through the copious consumption of alcohol that causes gays to get married, and women to get their genitals pierced.

Be forewarned that purchasing your alcohol in advance of the ritual will not work. All parts of the ritual from purchase to piercing must be performed ON Sunday.

I agree.... he sure does have high expectations for sunday only..

why does he not care what happens to these women, kids, the other 6 days a week..

**dork**

I agree.... he sure does have high expectations for sunday only..

why does he not care what happens to these women, kids, the other 6 days a week..

**dork**

ahahahahaha! This totally made me LOL! :lol: