Paulding.com

TAX INCREASES BEING PROPOSED!

Pubby,

How about posting the email addresses for:

Rep Braddock [damn that is difficult for me to type]

Rep Maxwell

Sen Heath

Sen Hamrick

And everyone that does indeed send them a message, why don't you plan to post what, if any, replies you receive ?

Well, we can all sit here and debate the point until we are blue in the face and nothing changes. But, there is a bill proposed....NOW...

We can go to the capital and have another TEA Party with our friends from all over the state and fight this tax increase OR

We can begin calling, e-mailing, faxing our Representatives and let them know how WE...the TAXPAYERS feel about this proposed increase and OPPOSE its passage.....

After all....we hired 'em and we can fire 'em.....eventually!!

The Tea party folks I know will not even post against this Tax increase much less demonstrate.

post-2-0-66019600-1299613665_thumb.png

TAXES

Since the topic is about Taxes going up can somebody please fill me in on just how probate & estate taxes are assesed? My grandmother is very worried about what will happen if we can't afford to pay when she passes & she shouldnt have to worry about things like that!! She has 24 acres & is considering selling at least one acre or more to put some $ back incase it's outrageous. This has always been our families land & I would never want to loose it. It upsets me to no ends to see her struggle like she does at her age & worry. She just turned 83 & these were suposed to be her golden years but instead she has to struggle to pay higher & higher taxes & godawful powerbill's oh & maybe if she has any $ left she gets some groceries! Options & advise please

Thank you Pubby for this Public Service, And for providing the e-mail addresses of the Paulding County Representives.

I just finished e-mailing all of the representatives asking for them to oppose and speak out on the floor of the House and the Senate, And to vote against HB 385.

They may choose not to answer my e-mail, Or oppose the measure on the House or Senate floor, If so,I will consider silence as consent.

BRADDOCK, MAXWELL, HEATH, HAMRICK Are you listening and reading?

Since the topic is about Taxes going up can somebody please fill me in on just how probate & estate taxes are assesed? My grandmother is very worried about what will happen if we can't afford to pay when she passes & she shouldnt have to worry about things like that!! She has 24 acres & is considering selling at least one acre or more to put some $ back incase it's outrageous. This has always been our families land & I would never want to loose it. It upsets me to no ends to see her struggle like she does at her age & worry. She just turned 83 & these were suposed to be her golden years but instead she has to struggle to pay higher & higher taxes & godawful powerbill's oh & maybe if she has any $ left she gets some groceries! Options & advise please

You may want to discuss this matter with Mr. Watson at the tax office office he is a very helpful public servant, There are several exemptions available for senior citizens on property taxes, and citizens who own over 10 acres of land.

Not sure about the rest but I am aware that a few years back if a person is on medicaid (state) and is in a nursing home, that the property can be sold to pay for some of cost of providing that care if the property is in her name at the time of death.

Thanks for the info :) Me & her were able to get most of her land put into a conservation covenant which helped allot but there are 2 separate acres which she desperately needs to get rid of. One is a little over a acre on hwy 61 & it's been zoned commercial for some time. We have contacted several realties but from what they have expressed to us nothing is selling at this point. If she could sell those 2 pieces of land then the tax burden would not be so hard on her. I am thankful that we were able to get into a covenant though. Just bothers me to see her struggle & worry but I guess thats everybody these days! I think me & her will probably go see her lawyer to find out what the best thing to do is at this point. At least that way she can have some piece of mind over things. I sure hope the tax increase dont go through because I cant see how people are going to make it with everything else on the rise as well :(