Paulding.com

Homes burning - Across from Paulding High School

Anyone close by? Do us a favor and capture some pictures and email them to publisher@paulding.com.

If they're good, you'll get mayberries and possibly more.

pubby

Yes, Ivy Crest. I'm not sure of the house numbers.

The neighbor to the right wasn't home, their house is the one that is burned out but still has a standing structure. The neighbor to the left was home, but is ok. The elderly woman lived in the house that burned completely down. :(

Mayhap Squireldoo could go take some pics.

I looked it up - there *is* an Ivy Trace Lane in Dallas. Maybe both names exist in that subdivision.

It's on Ivy Crest Dr.

Ivy Trace subdivision.

Monkey tail posted a google maps link to the location.

And yes, there is an Ive Trace Lane in that subdivision so I can see how the news may have made a mistake in announcing the wrong road.

I noticed they were saying Ivy Trace and the next time Ivy Crest and then they said Ivy Trace again.

I kept hearing 2 houses on hwy 61, across the street from PCHS, was on fire. It was more like up the road and around the corner. Why can't they air the correct info, or just say "in the vicinity of" so and so.

Half of the time they don't know what the heck there talking about!!!! :pardon:

I know they just read what they're given to read but, c'mon...... Carrollton County or Lewis Grizzerd (this is the way the reporter pronounced it, NOT Griz zard) We catchg mistakes like this maybe 3 or 4 times a week.

The address is 413 Ivy Crest Drive, according to the SO and confirmed by the FD (at least they didn't correct me when I asked about that address.) There is a photo on the fastread page.

I'll be following up with the Fire Dept's Public Information Officer on this story tomorrow for the Pcom news.

pubby

Anyone close by? Do us a favor and capture some pictures and email them to publisher@paulding.com.

pubby

REALLY????? How tacky to say with a situation like this...typical news chaser. :angry2:

• Like 4

I read on AJC that the woman that died, was 42 years old, but they had been reporting it was an elderly woman. Since when is 42 considered elderly?

They may have Assumed she was elderly because she was disabled (blind). Just my logic.

REALLY????? How tacky to say with a situation like this...typical news chaser. :angry2:

You know Paulding.com does not have a helicopter.

The community has always helped us with stories.

So the helicopter pictures of fires are tacky.

Showing appreciation to someone taking time to send us a picture is not tacky either.

He didn't ask for pictures of suffering victims, just the extent of the damage.

• Like 4

You know Paulding.com does not have a helicopter.

The community has always helped us with stories.

So the helicopter pictures of fires are tacky.

Showing appreciation to someone taking time to send us a picture is not tacky either.

He didn't ask for pictures of suffering victims, just the extent of the damage.

For real. And this is a news site first and foremost. For pete's sake people lighten up. Pubby could be passing out $100 bills on the street and you'd still bitch that it wasn't $1,000 bills. Grow the hell up and stop being such whiny babies.

• Like 3

I saw Pubby's request for coverage assistance yesterday. I did not read it as tacky. I saw it as an innovative method use to getting the news out. No one is whining about the copter from Atlanta flying over.

Thank you Pubby. Paulding.com is my prime source of local news.

• Like 1

What's tacky about asking for photos of the house fires from anyone nearby? Just to point out, the request was made before any casualties were reported. This is a news website and Pubby often quests photos if possible for breaking news.

This just blew my mind when I saw it.....are we talking homes on in the back behind Aiken Grading Co.???

A couple of things:

First, the early reports were that the woman was believed to be elderly. I think the reason for that belief is that usually able-bodied folks with good ambulatory skills can exit a burning building. Usually those caught in daytime/waking hour fires are either very young children who 'hide' or the elderly who just can't make their break.

The information regarding the identity of the victim in this fire came from the state Fire Marshals office late in this afternoon and obviously clarified the situation.

As far as asking for photos, know that I when you see breaking news, I would like a photo. With the proliferation of cameras in most locations, including camera phones, most things are photographed and folks do want to see.

I can say that those who seem to be most critical of news are folks like Iranian President Ahmadinejad. Seems those like him are in abject fear those things they don't control. Of course maybe we need to do a story on strange phobias. (Here is a list of the top ten 'understandable' phobias - news is not on the list.)

pubby

Ummm....sorry but there is nothing winey at all about me, thank you very much.....if you will look at my post I highlighted his comment "If they're good, you'll get mayberries and possibly more."

I am talking about that comment, not the picture one. Got it? ;)

For real. And this is a news site first and foremost. For pete's sake people lighten up. Pubby could be passing out $100 bills on the street and you'd still bitch that it wasn't $1,000 bills. Grow the hell up and stop being such whiny babies.

Bite me..... 8)

What's tacky about asking for photos of the house fires from anyone nearby? Just to point out, the request was made before any casualties were reported. This is a news website and Pubby often quests photos if possible for breaking news.

Wrong, he posted at 5:41 about it. See the comment below at 5:31. Just pointing it out. No big deal now...... :drinks:

Monkeytail, on 14 February 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

I'm Blondie's sister. The house is just around the corner from me. One house is completely gone. Another is destroyed but still recognizable as a house. House on the other side has all the siding and windows melted on the side that was closest to the fire. One person is unaccounted for, and unfortunately we passed the coroner while walking down the street and overheard someone mention time of death

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

pubby

Wrong, he posted at 5:41 about it. See the comment below at 5:31. Just pointing it out. No big deal now...... :drinks:

Monkeytail, on 14 February 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

I'm Blondie's sister. The house is just around the corner from me. One house is completely gone. Another is destroyed but still recognizable as a house. House on the other side has all the siding and windows melted on the side that was closest to the fire. One person is unaccounted for, and unfortunately we passed the coroner while walking down the street and overheard someone mention time of death

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

pubby

Dang. Common sense is alive and well in some areas. It was the second half of the comment that got me too.

Pretty typical though.