Paulding.com

Homes burning - Across from Paulding High School

Just heard this on the news.

No details just that Channel 2 had a helicopter on the way to the scene.

My sister lives in a subdivision off 61 across from PCHS. My nephew says they are all fine, but he thinks it might be a couple of roads over from them.

Anybody heard anything on the scanner?

Or have other info?

I'm Blondie's sister. The house is just around the corner from me. One house is completely gone. Another is destroyed but still recognizable as a house. House on the other side has all the siding and windows melted on the side that was closest to the fire. One person is unaccounted for, and unfortunately we passed the coroner while walking down the street and overheard someone mention time of death. :(

WSBTV just reported 2 houses, both should be considered a complete loss. 1 person they can't find. Looked from the pictures that PCFD is on top of the situation to prevent any further spreading of the situation .... no information on any cause.

((((THOUGHTS)))) to everyone involved/impacted.

I'm Blondie's sister. The house is just around the corner from me. One house is completely gone. Another is destroyed but still recognizable as a house. House on the other side has all the siding and windows melted on the side that was closest to the fire. One person is unaccounted for, and unfortunately we passed the coroner while walking down the street and overheard someone mention time of death. :(

So thankful y'all are ok.

So sad someone may have died.

Praying for the familys.

From AJC.com

One person has died in a massive fire in Paulding County.

Paulding and Douglas county crews are battling the multi-home blaze, near Paulding County High School in Dallas.

Several people were accounted for around 5 p.m., a spokesman for Douglas County told AM 750 and now 95.5FM News/Talk WSB.

The homes involved are off Ga. 61, near U.S. 278.

Return to ajc.com for updates.

Nothing else... I hope they change it :(

Does anyone know the name of the street that the fire is on in this subdivision? Is it on Ivy Trace Lane or one of the other streets? My brother lives on Ivy Crest in this neighborhood and I can't reach him.

I believe the reporter on the wsb helicopter said Ivy Crest. I hope everything is okay at your brother's house.

Yes, Ivy Crest. I'm not sure of the house numbers.

The neighbor to the right wasn't home, their house is the one that is burned out but still has a standing structure. The neighbor to the left was home, but is ok. The elderly woman lived in the house that burned completely down. :(

Does anyone know the name of the street that the fire is on in this subdivision? Is it on Ivy Trace Lane or one of the other streets? My brother lives on Ivy Crest in this neighborhood and I can't reach him.

It is on Ivey Crest, I just left the subdivision. Praying for you to get a good call soon.

My son and I went over there, it is heartbreaking. My prayers for all involved.