4 replies to this topic

#1 C_Watkins

C_Watkins

Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

I know of a couple places I can go "tomorrow" but if you are an experienced PDR tech (or you know of one) interested in a Sunday afternoon job, PM me.
Here's a couple pics:
Posted Image

And one more.
It's on the roof, a few inches behind the A-pillar. ~2.75" x 2" oblong (The picture below is just about actual size, on my monitor, at least)Posted Image

#2 Gracie'sdaddy

Gracie'sdaddy

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

not sure if it will work on yours...but I used a rubber plunger on my dent and it pulled straight out. I was shocked...but glad it worked.

#3 C_Watkins

C_Watkins

Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

not sure if it will work on yours...but I used a rubber plunger on my dent and it pulled straight out. I was shocked...but glad it worked.

Hey, I've actually done that myself, back when I was a teenager :D
It sometimes works surprisingly well, on large dents that would also just 'pop' out if you could get access to the inside. Therre's just not a plunger this small ;)
I've also seen the method where you heat the panel and then apply either dry ice, liquid co2 or other refrigerant to the center, and honestly, it's about the same there, too.
Even when those methods do work, they're usually not 100%, and you still end up with low points, eyebrows, high points, etc.

These things usually require a bit more finesse... along with the tools, skill, and patience required to get things right.

I've seen a couple skilled techs working their magic before, and it's an art form, as far as I'm concerned.
I'll be better off just paying, than taking a chance on screwing it up even worse :D

#4 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

Ooo.....if you find someone, let me know. I collapsed the back corner of my bumper and I would love for it to be popped out.
Posted Image

#5 C_Watkins

C_Watkins

Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Ooo.....if you find someone, let me know. I collapsed the back corner of my bumper and I would love for it to be popped out.

Update: After some checking around, I called Hayes Freeman at Dings Paintless Dent Repair (http://www.atlantadings.com)
He rolled up at my workplace, this morning around 9am, and was gone by 10am.
The dent in those pictures above, along with two smaller 'dings' behind that, and a ding on the hood? Completely gone. :good:
It's as if they never existed. $180 (well, I also tipped him, for an awesome job, and for working out in the cold... but yeah)

Hope I'm not overstepping with this glowing recommendation, but if I am, mods please edit to say to PM me for the info.
(But if there are any PDR folks here on Pcom, I never heard from any)

Asked him about bumpers, and collapsed corners are possible, yes.
I'm sure final results and costs vary, based on severity, whether your paint is damaged, or the surface is cracked, etc... but he does give free estimates.
Worth a call, in my opinion :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics