• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

you know, like good substitutions, easy recipes that will "wow" dinner guests or just tips you've learned the hard way(smoke detector followed by a phonecall to pizza hut ^_^ ). Tell us your favorites!
"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#2 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

freeze an onion for a few minutes before you cut it...no tears!

I know I have more, I have to think about it.

Edited by jenilyn, 07 December 2010 - 07:11 PM.

No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#3 zoocrew

zoocrew

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hire someone to come in, cook, and then leave before any guest arrives.

#4 GipperGirlGotsMoxie

GipperGirlGotsMoxie

Wicked smart

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 11,339 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

freeze an onion for a few minutes before you cut it...no tears!

I know I have more, I have to think about it.

Good one, Zoo! :clapping: I've always heard to light a candle next to the onion where you're cutting it, too. Also, you can get a burn/singe mark out of a linen or tablecloth but rubbing it with salt, an onion then a lemon. Wash it and it's gone. Really works!

Hire someone to come in, cook, and then leave before any guest arrives.

:rofl:
"Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."- Churchill

#5 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

microwave a cup of water in your microwave before cleaning it. Makes it easier to wipe off dried on stuff.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#6 Mariposa

Mariposa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

Read the directions carefully so that you don't do things like put in 1/4 cup of salt instead of 1/4 teaspoon. (learned at age 11)

#7 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Don't alter a tried and true recipe thinking you'll make it better, causing your picky husband to obnoxiously throw the whole plate of food in the garbage.

#8 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

Make reservations!! Or, marry a man who cooks! I did! :yahoo:
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!"

Colleen Ann Deloughery 6/4/60-9/11/01

#9 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,007 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

Measure twice, cut once...

Oh, wait.

:unsure:

Buy this cookbook and use it regularly. It has answers to all those pesky cooking questions like substitutions and such AND has some great, classic recipes.

:good:

#10 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

Measure twice, cut once...

Oh, wait.

:unsure:

Buy this cookbook and use it regularly. It has answers to all those pesky cooking questions like substitutions and such AND has some great, classic recipes.

Yep, I have two of those and a Betty Crocker cookbook.

#11 2013HOG

2013HOG

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

Never, ever, fry bacon naked!

Love defenseless animals,especially in a good gravy.

Ted Kennedys car has killed more people than my gun.
(The above statement does not include any service issued weapons)

#12 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

Don't alter a tried and true recipe thinking you'll make it better, causing your picky husband to obnoxiously throw the whole plate of food in the garbage.

Hmmm. Said husband might have found a whole plate of food dug from the garbage and slapped right up side his uncivilized, mannerless, rude and obnoxious head if he'd done it to me. I wouldn't have cared if he didn't like it, but there's no excuse for sorry behavior.

My mother says that anyone who can read can cook...she's the best cook EVER. I'm good, but she's GREAT. She's the type who can make up recipes based on something she's tasted or something she thinks will sound good. She has the BHG cookbook, and has several dogeared and stained old cookbooks from when the extension service used to put them out.

Edited by mei lan, 07 December 2010 - 10:30 PM.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#13 onlythelonely

onlythelonely

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

This "recipe" wows everyone, but I can't take credit for it. I had a co-worker pass it along to me about 15 yrs ago. I'm required to make this for every family get-together, even by my nephews who eat no veggies whatsoever other than this! I don't really measure anything ever, but here is my closest guess at measurements. (there's no real way to mess it up)

Arkansas Green Beans

Green beans (frozen or canned) I use 2 bags of frozen green beans (1 lb each)if we are having 6-8 ppl for dinner. (I completely thaw them first)
2-3 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic (more if you like)
about 6-8 slices thick cut peppered bacon (or any bacon) cooked and crumbled. I use Wrights.
4 TBS melted butter
4-5 TBS good quality soy sauce or Tamari
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
Fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped, sauteed onion, optional (I use Vidalia)

Cook bacon about halfway through (in microwave or on stove) and then cut it with a knife into small pieces. (I use scissors) Preheat oven to 350. Put green beans into a casserole dish. Add bacon pieces and sauteed onions (if adding) (I also add a tiny bit of the bacon grease) In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, butter, pepper and brown sugar. Pour over the green beans and bake in the oven for about 45 mins. If you are using canned green beans it will take less time. I use whole frozen green and yellow beans (Birdseye) because they look pretty, but you can use canned. (or even fresh, if you partially cook them first.) Probably not the healthiest vegetable recipe ever, but its the perfect combination of savory and sweet, and oh so addictive! :-) I never have leftovers, no matter how much I make.

#14 Goodbye

Goodbye

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

I buy big packs of chicken breasts and separate them when I get home...1 breast per ziplock bag. When I do this, I always add something in the baggie as a marinade. Then when I pull out the baggies to thaw, they marinade during the thawing process. Huge time saver for me!

#15 gemini52272

gemini52272

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

A dessert called Zebra Cake, although it not even a cake?

Ingredients:
Cool Whip tub (not ready whip)
Famous Chocolate Wafers

Layer these ingredients starting with enough coolwhip to cover the bottom of bowl and ending with coolwhip. reserve 1 cookie to crush (or the crumbs remaining in box) to garnish top. MUST sit overnight to enable cookies to soften.

That's it! It tastes just like ice cream sandwich and everyone loves it. The amount of cool whip & boxes of cookies only depends on how big of a bowl you'll make. Usually 2 large tubs & 2 boxes of cookies make a decent size for a get together. I've even tried the sugar-free cool whip & it worked just fine! Just remember to keep left overs in fridge.

Note: These speciality cookies can only be found in the section where the ice cream cones, toppings are found. NOT in the cookie aisle. They are sold in one long box, yellow with red writing. They are the same taste/texture as the cookie part of Oreos. I can always find them at Publix & most Walmart stores. Not sure about Kroger, but I'm sure they would have them too.

#16 gemini52272

gemini52272

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Use low sodium chicken broth instead of water when moistening/reheating leftovers. Also use when making instant mashed potatoes instead of water, or at least 1/2 water & 1/2 broth. YUM!

#17 Brew-tiful Coffee

Brew-tiful Coffee

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

I spend more time with my family now that I've started selling Tastefully Simple. The recipes are beyond easy and the food is excellent.

#18 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

This was a tip that was a lifesaver for me when I first got married:

When you boil water, remember to turn on the stove.

Definitely made my life easier!! :pardon:
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#19 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

When you make your husband a grilled cheese sandwich, be sure to take the plastic wrapper of the cheese before you cook it - can burn really bad if you don't. :blush:

#20 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

When you make your husband a grilled cheese sandwich, be sure to take the plastic wrapper of the cheese before you cook it - can burn really bad if you don't. :blush:

I love this one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#21 raclay

raclay

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

NEVER under any circumstances use a fire extinguisher on food you have been cooking in the oven. Just because the apple cake rises over the top of the pan and catches the oven on fire still don't do it, just turn off the oven. :ninja:

So you're not from the South, that's okay, you got here as fast as you could.

#22 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

When making brownies from scratch, be sure you grab the vanilla and not peppermint flavoring...:bad:

Posted Image

~~Just so you know, GNAT is spelled with a G and not a K~~

Disclaimer: I look nothing like my avatar...

#23 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

If this were MrB he'd be eating garbage for dinner then. It would also be the last time I cooked for him for a looooong time. I would be several shades of p*ssed off. :angry: Lord knows I've done that then screwed something up but he'd eat it, unless it were terrible then we'd laugh about it.

Tip: To get the onion smell off your hands or dishrag, run it over stainless steel like your sink and the smell will go away.

Tip: Drop a pc. of lemon in your garbage disposal to clean it and keep it smelling fresh.

My favorite tip my Daddy taught me: To keep brown sugar loose (i.e. not clumped into hard peices of rock), drop part of a peice of bread in with the sugar. It will stay fresh and the bread will NOT rot or mold.

#24 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

If this were MrB he'd be eating garbage for dinner then. It would also be the last time I cooked for him for a looooong time. I would be several shades of p*ssed off. :angry: Lord knows I've done that then screwed something up but he'd eat it, unless it were terrible then we'd laugh about it.

Tip: To get the onion smell off your hands or dishrag, run it over stainless steel like your sink and the smell will go away.

Tip: Drop a pc. of lemon in your garbage disposal to clean it and keep it smelling fresh.

My favorite tip my Daddy taught me: To keep brown sugar loose (i.e. not clumped into hard peices of rock), drop part of a peice of bread in with the sugar. It will stay fresh and the bread will NOT rot or mold.

um yea, Mr.Jenilyn :lol: Would be eating it off the floor. I'm sorry he did that sugail :(

Thanks for the brown sugar tip Mrs.B! Thats a good one. :good:

#25 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

When feeding a family of 4+ on a "budget", you can cut up chicken into smaller pieces and cook to make it go farther.

Example: Cut 2-3 chicken breast up into strips and fry up chicken tenders instead of frying the whole breast.

Example 2: Cut up 1-2 chicken breast into bite size pieces and use in a recipe that might normally call for whole breast.

This was a S.O.P. for me when my kids were small and I was poorer than I am now.
I'm still poor, I was just POORER then! :lol:

And EMBRACE the leftovers!
I can turn leftover fried chicken into chicken salad, leftover meatloaf into spaghetti, leftover just about ANYTHING can become a casserole if you add cream o' mushroom soup and cheese! :lol:
I KNOW how to feed a family on a small income!

Edited by Blondiega1, 08 December 2010 - 02:24 PM.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#26 dumbestgirlintheworld

dumbestgirlintheworld

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

I don't have time to cook, but if I did, these would be great tips!

#27 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

um yea, Mr.Jenilyn :lol: Would be eating it off the floor. I'm sorry he did that sugail :(

Thanks for the brown sugar tip Mrs.B! Thats a good one. :good:

You're welcome!

And, Sugail, I meant to say I am sorry, too, in my post but didn't. :( So, I am sorry.

#28 ChocoMare

ChocoMare

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

--When making a recipe for the first time, follow it as written. Then next time you can "alter" to taste

--When baking, ALWAYS follow the amounts exactly. Remember: Baking is a Formula, not a suggestion

--NEVER be without a Crock Pot (aka slow cooker). GOD BLESS the person who invented it because it's easy, virtually idiot proof and dinner is only 5 mins away from being on the table when you get home from a long day. I have three of them for a reason.

--Clearly mark your dry goods containers (a P-Touch labeler is your friend), lest you use salt instead of sugar, Self-Rising flour instead of all purpose(or bread/high-gluten flour instead of all purpose). Ask me how I know! ;)

--Add instant potato flakes to your flour/salt/pepper mix for fried chicken. Comes out EXTRA crispy!
"Without God, not one step. With Him....anywhere!" Dr. David Livingstone

#29 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

When using a recipe with numerous ingredients, do the prep work and measure out everything called for into ramekins or small bowls, and group according to when they are used. A quick review of your remaining bowls of ingredients will let you know if you have left something out.

Baking recipes and custards are scientific based formulas and should indeed be followed closely if you want the cake to rise or the custard to set.

Get rid of the margarine and skimmed milks. The taste differences with whole milk and butter are significant [and a tablespoon of margarine has just as many calories and grams of fat as the butter]. Same goes for the corn oils, etc. Use good olive oil or peanut oils.

Dry age nice cuts of beef or lamb on a rack, liberally dusted with kosher salt, uncovered for several days before roasting. If it is a large roast, I let it sit for a week or more.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#30 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

When using a recipe with numerous ingredients, do the prep work and measure out everything called for into ramekins or small bowls, and group according to when they are used. A quick review of your remaining bowls of ingredients will let you know if you have left something out.

Baking recipes and custards are scientific based formulas and should indeed be followed closely if you want the cake to rise or the custard to set.

Get rid of the margarine and skimmed milks. The taste differences with whole milk and butter are significant [and a tablespoon of margarine has just as many calories and grams of fat as the butter]. Same goes for the corn oils, etc. Use good olive oil or peanut oils.

Dry age nice cuts of beef or lamb on a rack, liberally dusted with kosher salt, uncovered for several days before roasting. If it is a large roast, I let it sit for a week or more.

I was waiting on you to chime in. Great tips, and I could not agree more on the butter/milk/oil part.

And, Sugail, I meant to say I am sorry, too, in my post but didn't. :( So, I am sorry.

Ditto me on that as well. :(

#31 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the moral support!!

#32 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

I have one of those from the early 40's. It's awesome. And the pictures are really cool. No one makes Jell-O molds anymore. LOL

And BeachBum really, the plastic just adds to the texture. (and I hope I didn't hit you with the candy I tossed your way Saturday. Just trying to get your attention to say hi. Love your hair btw. :) )

Surepip...I definitely lay out all of my ingredients in ramekins before hand. It's so much easier. I learned that when I was a wee kid watching The Frugal Gourmet on PBS before cooking shows were all the rage. And the only reason margarine ever comes in this house is because it's the one thing Jimmy won't give up. Although I've gotten him hooked on butter. We've had a tub of margarine in the fridge for many months. I only use real, unsalted butter, heavy whipping cream (so good in eggs and to make biscuits with) and peanut and olive oil. Peanut oil leaves the original flavor of food intact and it always fries so clean and pretty.

Sugail...if that ever happened in my house, that person would never receive another home cooked meal from me and would have been asked to leave. I'm sorry that happened to you. It's beyond rude.

#33 onlythelonely

onlythelonely

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

I have one of those from the early 40's. It's awesome. And the pictures are really cool. No one makes Jell-O molds anymore. LOL

And BeachBum really, the plastic just adds to the texture. (and I hope I didn't hit you with the candy I tossed your way Saturday. Just trying to get your attention to say hi. Love your hair btw. :) )

Surepip...I definitely lay out all of my ingredients in ramekins before hand. It's so much easier. I learned that when I was a wee kid watching The Frugal Gourmet on PBS before cooking shows were all the rage. And the only reason margarine ever comes in this house is because it's the one thing Jimmy won't give up. Although I've gotten him hooked on butter. We've had a tub of margarine in the fridge for many months. I only use real, unsalted butter, heavy whipping cream (so good in eggs and to make biscuits with) and peanut and olive oil. Peanut oil leaves the original flavor of food intact and it always fries so clean and pretty.

Sugail...if that ever happened in my house, that person would never receive another home cooked meal from me and would have been asked to leave. I'm sorry that happened to you. It's beyond rude.

I used to love watching The Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith) on PBS! (long before there was a Food Network) I remember his wife's name was Patti and she didn't cook at all he said. :D He made a hamburger spanish rice recipe once that looked so good that I knew I had to try it. It was fantastic! :)
Sugail, I'm so sorry that happened to you! My dh did that once too with a pan of stuffed bell peppers that were leftover from the night before. All because he didn't want leftovers! :o After what happened next, he never did it again though. (that was 18 yrs ago) ;)

#34 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

Sugail, I'm so sorry that happened to you! My dh did that once too with a pan of stuffed bell peppers that were leftover from the night before. All because he didn't want leftovers! :o After what happened next, he never did it again though. (that was 18 yrs ago) ;)

Well, spill the beans, girl! What happened?

BTW - the Frugal Gourmet isn't on there, but several of the older cooking shows are on the new(ish) Cooking Channel (Channel 232 on DirecTV) - Julia Child, Galloping Gourmet (the British dude), and the Two Fat Ladies (I love them!...I think one of them has died in the last few years). I like this new channel much better than Food Network, which has gotten way too glitzy and entertainment-y for me. I want to see COOKING.

#35 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

What was the guy from Louisiana, was it Justin Wilson? He was fun to watch.

#36 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

What was the guy from Louisiana, was it Justin Wilson? He was fun to watch.

Yes! I was about to post that! I used to watch him and Jeff Smith with my mom. I loooooved Justin Wilson when I was a little girl. I just loved the way he talked, lol.

#37 C Mark Palm

C Mark Palm

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

Well, spill the beans, girl! What happened?

BTW - the Frugal Gourmet isn't on there, but several of the older cooking shows are on the new(ish) Cooking Channel (Channel 232 on DirecTV) - Julia Child, Galloping Gourmet (the British dude), and the Two Fat Ladies (I love them!...I think one of them has died in the last few years). I like this new channel much better than Food Network, which has gotten way too glitzy and entertainment-y for me. I want to see COOKING.

Agreed. The new Cooking Channel is awesome because they are running lots of the older shows. Two Fat Ladies make me very happy. Jennifer Patterson (the one with the big glasses and black hair)died in 1999 before a fourth season could begin. It's one of the best cooking shows I've ever seen. I really missed the show. I'm so glad it's back on.

#38 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

Thanks Mark! The candy was great and you can take pride in the fact that you were the only one in the entire parade that was able to throw the candy far enough to make it to the grandstand. :)

#39 Clio

Clio

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

if you put pecans in the pot when you cook collard greens, they won't stink up your house (actually got that one from Paula Deen)

when you're warming up stuff in the microwave, put a bunch of damp papertowels on top of whatever you are heating to keep it from drying out. works best if you use one of those splatter covers on top of the food.

the "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" books are a wise investment and much cheaper than eating out, and you can tweak the recipes to your liking without worrying about the waitress writing it down wrong (or the cook ignoring your request).
It is never too late to be what you might have been---George Eliot

Some people dream of having a big swimming pool. With me, it's closets---Audrey Hepburn

The world breaks everyone, and afterward many are strong in the broken places---Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

26+6=1

#40 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

if you put pecans in the pot when you cook collard greens, they won't stink up your house (actually got that one from Paula Deen)

Unshelled???

Posted Image

~~Just so you know, GNAT is spelled with a G and not a K~~

Disclaimer: I look nothing like my avatar...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics