Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Spunkywman

migraines

i take prescription fioricet and phenergran as soon as my vision starts going wonky.

and go to bed with a cool rag on my head in a dark quiet room.

Thank you both!! I am gonna go lay down before I puke with a cold cloth on my head!

Be Blessed and have a wonderful night!!

If you keep getting them have your blood sugar checked. Low blood sugar can cause them.

I use the shots Imtrex and laying down in a quite dark room is great advice. caffeine and chocolate can trigger these monsters.

had them all my life, but since I've been taking magnesium and Vitamin D-3, I haven't had one (in a year!!)...research magnesium. Good luck.

Migraines are the debil. Don't have as many now that I take propranolol every day. When I do get them, a dark, quiet room, a heating pad on the back of my neck, Excedrin for Migraines, and about 3 hours to sleep it off are the only things that work.

Sometimes I can head one off with caffeine. I have found that things with sulfates will trigger mine, like wine. I also can't drink Gatorade or Powerade (not sure why, but they're guaranteed migraine producers in my world)

I have started having them more since my back surgery. Start at the back of my head and blinding by the time it builds up to the front. Dr sent me for a head CT to be safe and everything looked fine. Thanks for all the responses.

HUGS