Paulding.com

MILL POINTE SUB DIVISION!

My neighbor was broken into today around 1:30PM. They got in thru the back kitchen window - they took guns, jewerly and only a few tools..he/she, they didn't take any electronics.

One of the neighbors got a description of the low life thief - Red Truck - blonde hair. The neighbor did not call the sheriff, b/c he thought the other neighbor was home and just had a visitor.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!

This is the 3rd or 4th break in in this neighborhood within 2 weeks!!! All happening during the day time hours.

I am asking the people of Mill Pointe to get to know your neighbors. If you see something that just doesn't seem right, call or ask. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I would like to some how start a Neighborhood Watch. Let's get to know everyone. Spread the word about the break in's. Let's look out for each other. Most of us have kids we need to keep them safe. This low life seems like he is getting bolder.

Neighbors of Mill Pointe, give the sheriff's office a call, it only takes a minute and ask for stepped up patrols in the neighborhood. If people call and get the word out, we may have a chance to catch these low life piece of crap, before someone gets hurt.

Mill Pointe is a good neighborhood. Let's try to get it back.

Thank you.

Edited by moorechick
  • Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My neighbor was broken into today around 1:30PM. They got in thru the back kitchen window - they took guns, jewerly and only a few tools..he/she, they didn't take any electronics.   One of the neigh

I have a REAL Comcast Truck and I will gladly ride thru your subdivision looking for that FAKE one.. They like to steal our equipment too... So.. Don't shoot me in my bucket truck.. I'm just cruisin

We live in Mill Pointe and would love to be part of a neighborhood watch. We are making a point of driving the neighborhood each time we come home and leave. I walk every day so I pretty much know who "belongs" and who doesn't. We bought our new gun yesterday and are going for target practice this morning. I will be ready!

I've been driving the neighborhood every time I go in and out. I actually drove by that house twice yesterday and didn't see the red truck. So - they must not have been there right before 11am or at 3pm.

I consider that the back of the neighborhood. And, that part isn't as close as the front part. These individuals are going to run into some real trouble in the front part of the neighborhood. There's alot of former military folks, police officers, marshals, Federal agents, detectives, 911 operators, etc. in the front. And, their schedules are varied and you never know when they're home or not.

These guys aren't going to get away with this much longer.

Well, one thing we can hope for is that a lot of times, theives brag about what they have done...so let's hope someone is listening when it happens.

Keep spreading the word.

I will call the SO on Monday to see about a Neighborhood watch.

I've been driving the neighborhood every time I go in and out. I actually drove by that house twice yesterday and didn't see the red truck. So - they must not have been there right before 11am or at 3pm.

I consider that the back of the neighborhood. And, that part isn't as close as the front part. These individuals are going to run into some real trouble in the front part of the neighborhood. There's alot of former military folks, police officers, marshals, Federal agents, detectives, 911 operators, etc. in the front. And, their schedules are varied and you never know when they're home or not.

These guys aren't going to get away with this much longer.

You've got that right! My hubby's a former Marine and based on his shots at the range today, he hasn't lost his touch one little bit. He's thinking of putting his target from today at the edge of our driveway with a sign that says "I wouldn't if I were you!"

You've got that right! My hubby's a former Marine and based on his shots at the range today, he hasn't lost his touch one little bit. He's thinking of putting his target from today at the edge of our driveway with a sign that says "I wouldn't if I were you!"

Piece of advice for you and not one single intent of disrespect to your husband.

I know Marine's are trained to kill and they are trained to do so very well.

However, being a Marine and even being in combat is COMPLETELY different than being in

your house and having someone come in on you.

The Marine's don't train for home invasion and home defense.

While I have no doubt that he is capable to helping you get accustomed to a gun and shooting straight,

there is so much more to it than that... When a Marine goes in to combat or has to fight someone,

he knows what he's going in to and is already ramped up and ready to kill.

A home invasion doesn't afford you that opportunity.

There are things that you likely have never thought of that occur and are correct to do

in a home invasion/robbery situation.

Please, take a suggestion and go take an NRA home and home defense course with a

certified NRA instructor. It can show you protect yourself and your property

in a manner that is safe for both you and your family.

Edited by Nitro

Gees.. this is 4 in the last 3 weeks. :angry2: Which road was this one on? The last 3 have been on Mill Pointe Cove and Mill Pointe Trail. (the lower end of Mill Point Trail)

Up in Amy Lane CulDeSac

Just found out, another house was hit....on Mill Pointe trail.

Please keep your eyes out!!! Ask questions!!

The only thing I have found out - is that there has been a "Comcast" van driving threw the neighborhood and the culdesacs.....alot of us DO NOT have Comcast.

If you're talking about the situation before the break in on Mill Pointe Cove - it's probably not related. Kids were messing with a car during the middle of the night and they were discovered when someone went outside. Not at all the same situation.

But still - our nice calm quiet neighborhood isn't anymore.

Just found out, another house was hit....on Mill Pointe trail.

Please keep your eyes out!!! Ask questions!!

The only thing I have found out - is that there has been a "Comcast" van driving threw the neighborhood and the culdesacs.....alot of us DO NOT have Comcast.

Do you have details on this one? Date, general time of day?

Here's what I know:

1) One break-in attempt about 2 weeks ago (I don't want to post names/addresses here)

2) One break-in at my neighbor's house on Mill Pointe Trail last week (some kind of pick-up truck, man in hoodie)

3) One break-in at a friend's house one block up on Mill Pointe Trail late last week

4) Break-in on Amy Lane Friday or Saturday? (pick-up truck?)

My wife noticed one of those "cable company" trucks in our end of the subdivision late evening Thursday.

Are there others?

Mikey -

This is good information.

There are two common elements here.

Cable Company truck

and Man in truck with hoodie.

The Man in truck in Hoodie - has been seen TWICE!

My annoyance now comes with the PCSO - I have been since Friday....and have not seen ONE SO patrol this neighborhood!!!!

This is horrible.

The break - in on Amy Lane happened between the hours of 12:30pm and 3:30pm on Friday. Truck with White Male. However, we think this guy tried to get in earlier as she was in the house. She heard something on the back deck moving around. We think she spooked him and he came back.

The others, I am not sure about.

However, my daughter was sent home early from school on Tues and called me at work freaked out b/c there was the Comcast Truck in our CulDeSac and he was just sitting in front of the house and writing. She said when he saw her, he moved to the house next door and sat there for awhile and then moved on. If I had known, I would have called someone at the SO office's or Cable Company.

I plan on printing out some flyers at work on Monday, making copies and giving them to everyone in the neighborhood. Just to make them aware of everything going on.

Mikey - any thoughts?

Mikey -

This is good information.

There are two common elements here.

Cable Company truck

and Man in truck with hoodie.

The Man in truck in Hoodie - has been seen TWICE!

My annoyance now comes with the PCSO - I have been since Friday....and have not seen ONE SO patrol this neighborhood!!!!

This is horrible.

The break - in on Amy Lane happened between the hours of 12:30pm and 3:30pm on Friday. Truck with White Male. However, we think this guy tried to get in earlier as she was in the house. She heard something on the back deck moving around. We think she spooked him and he came back.

The others, I am not sure about.

However, my daughter was sent home early from school on Tues and called me at work freaked out b/c there was the Comcast Truck in our CulDeSac and he was just sitting in front of the house and writing. She said when he saw her, he moved to the house next door and sat there for awhile and then moved on. If I had known, I would have called someone at the SO office's or Cable Company.

I plan on printing out some flyers at work on Monday, making copies and giving them to everyone in the neighborhood. Just to make them aware of everything going on.

Mikey - any thoughts?

I haven't seen the any patrol cars at all.

Piece of advice for you and not one single intent of disrespect to your husband.

I know Marine's are trained to kill and they are trained to do so very well.

However, being a Marine and even being in combat is COMPLETELY different than being in

your house and having someone come in on you.

The Marine's don't train for home invasion and home defense.

While I have no doubt that he is capable to helping you get accustomed to a gun and shooting straight,

there is so much more to it than that... When a Marine goes in to combat or has to fight someone,

he knows what he's going in to and is already ramped up and ready to kill.

A home invasion doesn't afford you that opportunity.

There are things that you likely have never thought of that occur and are correct to do

in a home invasion/robbery situation.

Please, take a suggestion and go take an NRA home and home defense course with a

certified NRA instructor. It can show you protect yourself and your property

in a manner that is safe for both you and your family.

Thank you for your concern but because of my husband's MOS when he was a Marine, he had to go through more personal protective training and target training than Federal Law Enforcement Officers. His MOS wasn't all combat. He can totally handle a weapon in any situation that could come up in our home. As for me, I'm learning and trust him with all my heart to teach me well and protect our family as he has done so well for the past 16 years.

Very upsetting, not only because my home was broken into on Tuesday during the day, but because I haven't seen any of "our finest" patroling our neighborhood. If they were patrolling maybe there wouldn't have been any breakins on Friday or today.

It is not pleasant to see the mess left behind, the feeling of violation and anger that someone stole what you've worked hard to attain. I do not want anyone else to go what I've gone through. I am now dealing with cleaning up, repairs and insurance. Yes, to a watch, a call to the media and complaints to our sheriffs dept.

PR1

Very upsetting, not only because my home was broken into on Tuesday during the day, but because I haven't seen any of "our finest" patroling our neighborhood. If they were patrolling maybe there wouldn't have been any breakins on Friday or today.

It is not pleasant to see the mess left behind, the feeling of violation and anger that someone stole what you've worked hard to attain. I do not want anyone else to go what I've gone through. I am now dealing with cleaning up, repairs and insurance. Yes, to a watch, a call to the media and complaints to our sheriffs dept.

PR1

Can you PM me your phone number, so I can have the reporter call you from the station?

My neighbor called our finest and was told that we would be "charged" to have someone patrol our neighborhood!

This is just horrible!

Can you PM me your phone number, so I can have the reporter call you from the station?

My neighbor called our finest and was told that we would be "charged" to have someone patrol our neighborhood!

This is just horrible!

Who said that to your neighbor? Names? Because we have a contractors tractor in our yard and someone last week tried to steal it out of our yard and we called the police and they patroled our subdivision throughout the night. How I know, is because anyone that turns around in the cul-de-sac, their lights shine right in my room and I wake up and TWICE I saw a rack or blue lights on top of the car. So I find it very hard to believe that the sheriff office would tell your neighbor they will be charged if officers have to patrol the area.

Who said that to your neighbor? Names? Because we have a contractors tractor in our yard and someone last week tried to steal it out of our yard and we called the police and they patroled our subdivision throughout the night. How I know, is because anyone that turns around in the cul-de-sac, their lights shine right in my room and I wake up and TWICE I saw a rack or blue lights on top of the car. So I find it very hard to believe that the sheriff office would tell your neighbor they will be charged if officers have to patrol the area.

I will find out.

I have been home for the past several days, and have not seen ONE patrol car come thru. I live in a cul de sac also.

Especially since this is happening during the day, they need to come thru more.

Sorry that happened to you.

I would like to start a neighborhood watch in here. Seems like we need it.

Edited by moorechick

I will find out.

I have been home for the past several days, and have not seen ONE patrol car come thru. I live in a cul de sac also.

Especially since this is happening during the day, they need to come thru more.

Sorry that happened to you.

I would like to start a neighborhood watch in here. Seems like we need it.

Oh no, don't apologize, no need for it. I completely understand the frustration. I also would think they would patrol more in that area when there could be a possibility of someone getting hurt during these robberies. Daytime or night time.

Breathing is more important than something steel, so I don't understand the lack of patroling. They are suppose to protect and serve. Now if the people are going to get charged for it, (and I can be wrong) I forsee people taking situations and taking care of it themselves.

I wouldn't jump on the PCSO for not having a more obvious patrol routine nor will I believe someone was told they would be charged for patrols. That is total BS!!

Ya think maybe law enforcement IS checking out the area, JUST not in marked vehicles or attire????

I wouldn't jump on the PCSO for not having a more obvious patrol routine nor will I believe someone was told they would be charged for patrols. That is total BS!!

Ya think maybe law enforcement IS checking out the area, JUST not in marked vehicles or attire????

:good:

Thank you for your concern but because of my husband's MOS when he was a Marine, he had to go through more personal protective training and target training than Federal Law Enforcement Officers. His MOS wasn't all combat. He can totally handle a weapon in any situation that could come up in our home. As for me, I'm learning and trust him with all my heart to teach me well and protect our family as he has done so well for the past 16 years.

Just a note... ALL Marine MOS's are combat. :)

A Marine is a rifleman, first and foremost, over any other job they have. :pardon:

But that's good that he is 'urban combat' trained.

As an NRA instructor, I've seen a LOT of military people who think they know how to protect their home.

And while some do, many have never thought of some of the scenarios that I've taught them or brought to their attention,

because, I as said previous, war combat and home protection are two completely different things.

Just practice with your gun... when it all comes down to the time, it has to be instinct.

I love to see ladies standing up and ready to protect themselves from thugs!

Nothing makes me happier to read in the NRA magazines an article called "the armed citizen."

Every month, there are about 10 short stories about ladies and senior citizen's stopping an attacker/home invader

using their firearms. I love to hear the stories when the good honest citizens win and the thugs end up taking a dirt nap!

Good luck, shoot straight, and keep it in the 10 ring!! :drinks: Semper Fi

Edited by Nitro

Not to mention, just because someone doesn't see them patrol, doesn't mean they aren't.

Is everyone looking out their windows and doors ALL the time? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no.

Charging for patrols? I'm with you... BS!

I think folks need to remember that all the county budgets have taken quite a hit since 2008 ... including the SO budget.

They've never been staffed to the degree they can do much more than chase calls. There are moments, obviously they are 'out' on patrol but usually when you see them they are going from one place to another, often taking reports.

That is one of the reasons they are strong in their support for neighborhood watch programs. They need all the support they can get.

pubby

First, those who have been burgled - I am so sorry!!! That is BEYOND frustrating and creepy!!! Second, SO charging to patrol? I think not. I think I'd hammer whoever told you that for specifics.

Third, I don't live anywhere near y'all, but GO FOR IT on the Neighborhood Watch thing!!! I just spearheaded the start of one for my neighborhood, and it can only HELP. If you start the watch (more about that in a minute), Cpl. Gurley of the SO will give you a customized - for Paulding County - sign to put up at the entrance to your neighborhood and window decals for homes who wish to put them up. You have to install the sign yourself, and it has to be to DOT specs or they'll take it down (SO will give you the nec. information). I called the Paulding DOT dude in charge of such things to ask about one of those stop sign-type posts, and he said you can also put it on a 4x4 or 6x6. So I went to Homey Depot and got a 4x4, stained it with stain I already had (which can be applied to new wood), and put it up myself. It looks fabu, if I do say so myself. :)

Here is some good info to get started on the Neighborhood Watch for your neighborhood:

http://paulding.gov/index.aspx?nid=487

http://www.usaonwatch.org/

http://www.ncpc.org/topics/home-and-neighborhood-safety/neighborhood-watch

You'll find some PDF docs to download, and Cpl. Gurley was very helpful in pointing me in the right direction. He will send you a big packet of information for free if you ask.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help in any way. I hate mean people! :angry2:

My wife is pretty spooked by all this, we wondered what the police were doing out there Friday evening. TBH that's the only time I've seen police in the neighborhood is when they get called out for something, never just driving through on patrol.

I'm a little spooked - but I'm more pissed than anything. We do have a Marshal patrolling the neighborhood. And, we have several of the stay at home moms driving through the neighborhood when we come and go. I've driven more miles in our neighborhood in the last two weeks than in the last 15 years.

The fact is that what's going to catch these guys is a neighbor realizing something is wrong. A sheriff's patrol isn't going to help because they don't know when a vehicle isn't in the right place, etc.

We'll get them. I have no doubt.

Thanks for the great info! I will call today about a NHW - and let you all know.

Thanks also for patrolling the neighborhood!!

I called the news station today....they may be coming out tonight if anyone is interested in talking to them, PM me your phone number. The reporter will want to talk to you about it!

Well, I hope all works out for everyone involved that lives in that subdivision. I am being sincere! On the other hand, I wish you would give the sheriff department a chance before you called the news station to come out and handle it. But, then again, that might be a good thing so the theives know you guys mean business and taking back your subdivision.

I told you they had this on the news last week concerning the fake comcast trucks.

I swear people that live outside of Paulding must think we are a bunch of idiots and that we can't fend for ourselves and come out here to TRY and harm, rob, or what not...Well, they are sadly mistaken. If there is one thing I've learned living in this county is how everyone rallies together to protect their own. Meaning Paulding is YOURs/OURs......

Yes, I have mixed emotions about the news.....