Paulding.com

Pcom Police Scanner and webcam now in operation

Hey glad to see it up and running!! :)

It's a slow night but listen carefully as our finest officers, fire, and EMS are working hard to keep our County safe. Every available frequency is loaded and being listened too.

Thank you Pubby for allowing me to be involved in bringing back the police scanner to Paulding.com. I know a lot people will tune into the scanner to keep informed.

Enjoy folks! :)

Well folks I'll be making a visit to the sick computer as soon as Pubby will let me in the office.. :)

The computer is a custom built computer apparently with replacement parts and recently a new motherboard. There have been a few hardware failures recently in the office and I think this computer will be added to the list.

It may also be the broadcast software is not permitting a constant live stream or the IP address of the computer is being reset which may kick/reset the broadcast software. Things to consider. :)

The scanner will be back up as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding. :)

Computer Rescue of West Georgia

Well folks I'll be making a visit to the sick computer as soon as Pubby will let me in the office.. :)

The computer is a custom built computer apparently with replacement parts and recently a new motherboard. There have been a few hardware failures recently in the office and I think this computer will be added to the list.

It may also be the broadcast software is not permitting a constant live stream or the IP address of the computer is being reset which may kick/reset the broadcast software. Things to consider. :)

The scanner will be back up as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding. :)

Steven:

I don't think the PC was at the root of last nights' failure; rather I suspect there was a hiccup in the data connection somewhere (possibly Comcast doing something in the wee hours or maybe a maintenance thing with livestream) Indeed, the stream was constant at least until midnight.

When I came into the office the PC was up and running and it was in the livestream studio setup with the scanner feed that far and running. However, the connection between the PC and livestream had been broken.

I think one of the things we need to do is set this PC up a remote connection so we can do things like restart the service remotely.

But the news is good, the PC was not the fault of the interruption.

pubby

Sorry everyone for that temporary shutdown of the scanner earlier I had to adjust user settings and a BIOS error pertaining to one of the cooling fans to the broadcast computer.

In any case, the scanner should now be up and running on a more permanent basis with the occasional shutdowns due to power outages or even cable repairs.

If the scanner does go down please send me a PM and I will get it back up and running ASAP. :) I will be making checks on the scanner and computer regularly to ensure a smooth operation.

Enjoy everyone!

Steven

Sorry everyone for that temporary shutdown of the scanner earlier I had to adjust user settings and a BIOS error pertaining to one of the cooling fans to the broadcast computer.

In any case, the scanner should now be up and running on a more permanent basis with the occasional shutdowns due to power outages or even cable repairs.

If the scanner does go down please send me a PM and I will get it back up and running ASAP. :) I will be making checks on the scanner and computer regularly to ensure a smooth operation.

Enjoy everyone!

Steven

Thank you Steven for keeping this up and running.

How is the fireplace mantel coming?

Looks like we had our first 24 hours of uninterrupted scanning.

I'm not real happy with the way the ads run and I'm considering offering animated non-verbal ads to defray the cost.

I'll probably ditch this particular topic and start a new one with the scanner with a poll, as well.

pubby

Looks like we had our first 24 hours of uninterrupted scanning.

I'm not real happy with the way the ads run and I'm considering offering animated non-verbal ads to defray the cost.

I'll probably ditch this particular topic and start a new one with the scanner with a poll, as well.

pubby

Just an FYI...that's what keeps me from listening here as opposed to scanpaulding. :)

As of now only the base and mobile frequencies for Paulding Sheriff, Dallas Police, and Clarke EMS. Not all frequencies are being used regularly which means that we could lock out some irregular/unused frequencies and input frequencies that p.commer's would like to hear or suggest.

As for the ads your right. I believe the idea is to work out the "kinks" in the system then upgrade the broadcast. How and when is still undetermined.

:)

Sorry folks just checked the scanner and not sure was has happened. I am unable to connect remotely at this time and cannot access the office. The scanner will be down until I can connect remotely or get into the office.

Steven

Have you been able to reach Pubby yet?

Here is something cool. You can bring this topic up in your droid or iphone and it will give you the scanner feed while you're on the go :) I tried it and it works. Oh, and if you get an incoming call, it will interrupt your browsing as well.

pubby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...