Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Emily Erwin

Halloween "Trick" Notes

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem in their subdivision. I have an elderly neighbor who is in poor health who lives across the street from me. She tried to give out some candy, but because she has had heart problems recently, she had to stop, turn off her lights and go to bed. The next morning, she found a note on her porch that read "F U". She has been very upset over this. A couple of other people who were out of town and had their lights turned off came home and found the same note, one had a pumpkin smashed over her mailbox. Another woman had a pretty ceramic pumpkin given to her by her mother that was stolen. It really makes you not want to do anything for these people....but sit outside and guard your property instead.....:(

Emily

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem in their subdivision. I have an elderly neighbor who is in poor health who lives across the street from me. She tried to give out some candy, but because she has had heart problems recently, she had to stop, turn off her lights and go to bed. The next morning, she found a note on her porch that read "F U". She has been very upset over this. A couple of other people who were out of town and had their lights turned off came home and found the same note, one had a pumpkin smashed over her mailbox. Another woman had a pretty ceramic pumpkin given to her by her mother that was stolen. It really makes you not want to do anything for these people....but sit outside and guard your property instead.....:(

Emily

Good grief! What subdivision do you live in????

We weren't home that night, but nothing seemed to be wrong with anything. I was a little worried, though, to be honest!

Emily

This is obviously from some teenagers that were too OLD to trick or treat anyway. Sorry that it has upset & worried her. This kind of thing just makes me furious!

We have had our house egged one year that we weren't home to give out candy... so nice of them :angry2: Actually- we didnt' find it for a little while because they did the side of our house!