Paulding.com

PROUD of Rep. Elect BRADDOCK FOR TAKING HIGH ROAD

Bit my tongue during this last campaign for House Dist. 19 and did not engage the partisan hucksters,to defend my friend, Rep.Elect,Paulette Rakestraw Braddock. Paulette along with her family, friends and supporters endured a barrage of negative, hateful and ridiculous attacks during this mean season of campaigning. Many of them were allowed to be posted without merit, right here on this cyber-rag excuse for media, Pubby calls paulding.com. However, to her credit, she encouraged us all not to get in the mud with the rest of you, and for her sake, we refrained from comment and defense. However, the election is over now and thankfully, common sense prevailed,and she is going to be not only an historical Rep. for Paulding, (as the first woman to hold this seat), but a true leader who will fight for her constituents and bring conservative ideals to the House. Those who know her persoanlly, know a bright, funny, engaging lady who while not perfect, is simply...nice! It has been said that "into each life, a little rain must fall" and Paulette like us all, has had her share. However, most of us have not had our darkest hours plastered all over two-bit media sources, for the community to manipulate with half truths and to apply tortured analysis to. Yes, there has been rain but with Paulette's election, the sun will shine once more for Paulding. Thank you to those who endured the long lines to vote for my friend and for your future. :yahoo:

• Like 7

Paulette only won because she is a Republican.

This is the year for Republicans.

I can only hope that when she does arrive at the Dome, it's on time and she stays and does her job.

Otherwise, she will be gone just like the rest of them.

And we'll see who's really pulling the strings.

Good for you for being above the fray. I'm not. I work too hard for this county and state and country to piss my money away while they all party like it's 1999.

Welcome to 2010.

• Like 7

I don't usually get into this, but I don't think she "stayed above it all" because she wanted to but because she knew she didn't have to (with the R after her name, most people voted based on that) and she really couldn't deny what was said about her. Plus, she knew that if she did engage Avery, he would have cleaned her clock, intellectually speaking, because she just doesn't have a grip of the issues.

We all know she won because she ran as a Republican and it had nothing to do with anything else.

• Like 9

Paulette only won because she is a Republican.

This is the year for Republicans.

I can only hope that when she does arrive at the Dome, it's on time and she stays and does her job.

Otherwise, she will be gone just like the rest of them.

And we'll see who's really pulling the strings.

Good for you for being above the fray. I'm not. I work too hard for this county and state and country to piss my money away while they all party like it's 1999.

Welcome to 2010.

• Like 1

I don't usually get into this, but I don't think she "stayed above it all" because she wanted to but because she knew she didn't have to (with the R after her name, most people voted based on that) and she really couldn't deny what was said about her. Plus, she knew that if she did engage Avery, he would have cleaned her clock, intellectually speaking, because she just doesn't have a grip of the issues.We all know she won because she ran as a Republican and it had nothing to do with anything else.

:good:

I hope she figures out how to attend the meetings... and is not perpetually late. The records of her school board years seem to indicate she is time challenged.

I also hope she learns to speak without saying "you know."

I, too, think she will just be an embarrassment to Paulding since she seems to have no real grasp of any of the issues. Luckily it is only a two year term.

• Like 2

We ALL work hard if we are fortunate enough to still have a job. Everyone elected last night is on a trial run. I suspect they all know that they better deliver or be kicked out. If conservatives stick to their principles, things will improve, of that I am certain.

We ALL work hard if we are fortunate enough to still have a job. Everyone elected last night is on a trial run. I suspect they all know that they better deliver or be kicked out. If conservatives stick to their principles, things will improve, of that I am certain.

:good: :drinks:

:good:

I hope she figures out how to attend the meetings... and is not perpetually late. The records of her school board years seem to indicate she is time challenged.

I also hope she learns to speak without saying "you know."

I, too, think she will just be an embarrassment to Paulding since she seems to have no real grasp of any of the issues. Luckily it is only a two year term.

Intellect is often a matter of opinion. Someone with a degree in archaeology like Will, does not rate higher on the food chain than one with a degree in communications like Paulette, to me. Nor does someone who has worked briefly for for a survey company or as a volunteer "historian", like Will,rank higher on the genius scale to me than an entreprenuer who has employed people, since she was 21, as Paulette has done. At least her education and experience is focused on the future and not on the past. As far as her grasp of the issues, you folks forget the 3 debates she engaged in previously, when Will and the other 2 also participated. They are posted online and as I recall, any clock cleaning done, was by her. Thankfully, she is also efficient with a mop to clean up any messes liberals leave behind on the House floor!

• Like 3

Is the high road not talking to the voters...well evidently you think so....she was told to just put the name and the Big R and you will be elected. Had Steve Golden won the primary...he would be at the Gold Dome after yesterday...just plain and simple...no one would have won with the D. I can promise this...she will be looked at very closely...hopefully she can vote....and be there...this will be fun to see what she introduces to help this district...

Is the high road not talking to the voters...well evidently you think so....she was told to just put the name and the Big R and you will be elected. Had Steve Golden won the primary...he would be at the Gold Dome after yesterday...just plain and simple...no one would have won with the D. I can promise this...she will be looked at very closely...hopefully she can vote....and be there...this will be fun to see what she introduces to help this district...

Perhaps will needs to get an R after his name and maybe people will believe him.

Perhaps will needs to get an R after his name and maybe people will believe him.

Oh, yes. And we know how so many of those with the R after their name proven themselves to be soooo truthful to their constituents of Paulding County. Voting for the R means the voter is getting used.

Edited by zoocrew

Sorry but I know her "personally" as well and she is not "nice" nor does she have a true grasp of the issues. She is a total embarrassment to Paulding, but hey what else is new.

Of course GA is the laughing stock of the US right now with who we elected as Governor...hmmm....one choice ethics issues and the other had already been kicked to the curb previously. We were going to be an embarrassment no matter which one was elected.

• Like 5

Intellect is often a matter of opinion. Someone with a degree in archaeology like Will, does not rate higher on the food chain than one with a degree in communications like Paulette, to me. Nor does someone who has worked briefly for for a survey company or as a volunteer "historian", like Will,rank higher on the genius scale to me than an entreprenuer who has employed people, since she was 21, as Paulette has done. At least her education and experience is focused on the future and not on the past. As far as her grasp of the issues, you folks forget the 3 debates she engaged in previously, when Will and the other 2 also participated. They are posted online and as I recall, any clock cleaning done, was by her. Thankfully, she is also efficient with a mop to clean up any messes liberals leave behind on the House floor!

She spews rhetoric from her buddies in the Paulding Co. GOP........

Have you heard her communication skills in a board meeting????

• Like 1

WOW! :blink: The ugliness continues.

And it probably will until she proves herself as a solid, viable candiate for the seat she has taken in the House of Representatives.

I just anxiously await to see how long it takes for the old Republican guard from Paulding County to rear it's/their ugly head(s).

• Like 1

And it probably will until she proves herself as a solid, viable candiate for the seat she has taken in the House of Representatives.

I just anxiously await to see how long it takes for the old Republican guard from Paulding County to rear it's/their ugly head(s).

I just don't get spewing more ugliness.(She is not nice, her communications skills, etc.) It is not doing anyone any good. She won let's see what she does. If she does not do as we want then we vote her out in two years. I would have no problem with that.

I just don't get spewing more ugliness.(She is not nice, her communications skills, etc.) It is not doing anyone any good. She won let's see what she does. If she does not do as we want then we vote her out in two years. I would have no problem with that.

I agree that it does no good, however, knowing that many voters voted for her because of the R by her name truly is hard to get past. The voters need to educate themselves and investigate candidates thoroughly. I know firsthand of her inabilities, however, I will pray that she steps up in her new role.

And lets not forget that she went from millionaire to her business going Bankrupt. I know of very few business people that file Bankruptcy for their business and still stand on their feet. They are usually in just as bad financial shape personally--but obviously she took enough funds out of the business to keep herself going strong. Just sounds fishy to me. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I agree that it does no good, however, knowing that many voters voted for her because of the R by her name truly is hard to get past. The voters need to educate themselves and investigate candidates thoroughly. I know firsthand of her inabilities, however, I will pray that she steps up in her new role.

I voted for her not because of the R by her name but the D by her oppontents name. I just could not trust him since he refused to ever put his party affiliation on his web site.

• Like 1

I'm very conservative, and I voted for Will. And while I will not attack Ms. Braddock personally, I do think she won because she ran as a Republican. I also think she kept quiet because she knew she had NOTHING to gain from making appearances, answering questions, defending herself, and otherwise speaking out. It could only hurt her. If I'd been her campaign manager (which I wouldn't have been, but if I had), I'd have advised her to do just as she did. I don't think pointing this out makes anybody look like they're attacking her personally, and I don't think it necessarily does her any good to have her fans paint her as some sort of paragon of virtue, either.

I hope she makes me a fan, I truly do. It's happened before when I didn't vote for a person but they changed my mind (Zell in the first Senate partial term comes to mind). I hope she does well...for her sake, and especially for our sakes.

• Like 1

BTW - I'm quite sure I don't agree with Pubby on many/most issues. But he does a heck of a job keeping this site going, and in the absence of any traditional real news organ in this county, he has done us a tremendous service by putting pcom into place. I think the slurs against him vis a vis Paulette are rather juvenile...all he has done is give people a forum to air their opinions, and that is what American politics is all about.

• Like 5

Bit my tongue during this last campaign for House Dist. 19 and did not engage the partisan hucksters,to defend my friend, Rep.Elect,Paulette Rakestraw Braddock. Paulette along with her family, friends and supporters endured a barrage of negative, hateful and ridiculous attacks during this mean season of campaigning. Many of them were allowed to be posted without merit, right here on this cyber-rag excuse for media, Pubby calls paulding.com. However, to her credit, she encouraged us all not to get in the mud with the rest of you, and for her sake, we refrained from comment and defense. However, the election is over now and thankfully, common sense prevailed,and she is going to be not only an historical Rep. for Paulding, (as the first woman to hold this seat), but a true leader who will fight for her constituents and bring conservative ideals to the House. Those who know her persoanlly, know a bright, funny, engaging lady who while not perfect, is simply...nice! It has been said that "into each life, a little rain must fall" and Paulette like us all, has had her share. However, most of us have not had our darkest hours plastered all over two-bit media sources, for the community to manipulate with half truths and to apply tortured analysis to. Yes, there has been rain but with Paulette's election, the sun will shine once more for Paulding. Thank you to those who endured the long lines to vote for my friend and for your future. :yahoo:

And yet, here YOU are.

• Like 3

I was going to say "hello Ms. Braddock" but then I deduced that you couldn't possibly be her considering your ability to write a sentence...I suppose this means that you aren't the friend who edited her website either?

Tell your "nice" friend that being "nice" won't get this county anywhere. She better go after that Dome and dollars like they're her ex-husband.

mrnn

Edited by mrnn

You're needed in the political forum to defend the president.

You're needed in the political forum to defend the president.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What defense could I even come up with? The man has had time...look what he has done.

Paulette has won. She knows she will have to prove herself. She either steps up to the plate and shows the naysayers wrong or we vote her out in two years. The problem I have with the mud slinging against her, and this includes all the local politicians, is that their families and friends are here. It is not fair to continue this ugliness. Now if Obama moves in to Paulding (:blink:) I would have to defend him too. (again... :blink:) Just common decency to those that live among us. :pardon:

Where's that puking emoticon?

• Like 2

Come on y'all and just drop the whole dang thing....The election is over. She does have kids and a family, enough with all this crap. Personally, I think all the crap being "advertised" on Paulette was wrong...She has kids and family in the community. As far as her ex, hell they are better friends now than ever! So just shut up about all the thing of her past.

Sorry but I know her "personally" as well and she is not "nice" nor does she have a true grasp of the issues. She is a total embarrassment to Paulding, but hey what else is new.

Of course GA is the laughing stock of the US right now with who we elected as Governor...hmmm....one choice ethics issues and the other had already been kicked to the curb previously. We were going to be an embarrassment no matter which one was elected.

Amen sista! She will be the new Cynthia McKinney!

I find it hard to say this but I will,I like Will and got to know him. I got to know the people in his camp,there were just awesome. But it's over for now,let's come together and give her support. The people have spoken,they made there choice. Now in 18 months to 2 years from now,that is a different story.

I will continue my fight for good government and responsible leaders. I will be helping to form a group to be a watch dog for canidates now and into the future. Don't get made get even,get active in your community. Join the local GOP,voice your concern I will see you there.B)

I find it hard to say this but I will,I like Will and got to know him. I got to know the people in his camp,there were just awesome. But it's over for now,let's come together and give her support. The people have spoken,they made there choice. Now in 18 months to 2 years from now,that is a different story.

I will continue my fight for good government and responsible leaders. I will be helping to form a group to be a watch dog for canidates now and into the future. Don't get made get even,get active in your community. Join the local GOP,voice your concern I will see you there.B)

Thank you Animal for choosing to be part of the solution. I may just join you.

There *was* a third choice. I don't know if we'll see it in my lifetime, but I wish more people would be willing to give a third-party candidate a serious look - and a chance to serve.