Paulding.com

How were the crowds at your voting site?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:   Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in or

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that all

Yep. I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.   I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why i

I'm in the line at Russom now. I've been here since 3:00. Lines wind up and down all the halls. Optimistically, I'll be glad if I get out of here before 6:00.

If you voted at Russom already, do they have all the booths open? I've been here before when they've had 30-40 booths but only using 10-12.

I'm in the line at Russom now. I've been here since 3:00. Lines wind up and down all the halls. Optimistically, I'll be glad if I get out of here before 6:00.

If you voted at Russom already, do they have all the booths open? I've been here before when they've had 30-40 booths but only using 10-12.

There was 10 booths, when I walked up to my booth there was only 1 open, 5 minutes later when I left all but one were open. There was 2 people doing the last step of checking and they had 2 problems, one person showed as already having voted and the other person 'didn't exist'. So both were tied up and nobody else could get checked in.

Driven by Russom three times today -- over 1.5 hour wait each time -- what are they doing??? Seems like they have doubled up some polling stations from the sound of it!! Pisses me off because I really want to vote! Will give it another try in a bit!!

Driven by Russom three times today -- over 1.5 hour wait each time -- what are they doing??? Seems like they have doubled up some polling stations from the sound of it!! Pisses me off because I really want to vote! Will give it another try in a bit!!

I doubt the line will get any shorter. It barely changed the entire time I was there.

I am so glad I voted early..

My wife did, I was "Too Busy" Ha, talk about stupid on my part

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:

Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in order to make it possible for us to vote.

1-votes-women.jpg

Yep.

I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.

I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why it's especially important for us to get out & do it... So she told every woman she saw in Hellmart afterwards that they needed to vote because women died for that right.

So whine about the cold, whine about the long wait, whine because you have the right to... and get your asses out there and vote.

• Like 2

How many machines are at each location? I can't imagine everyone has to read through all the referendums word for word and all are experiencing long wait times, so it seems like a lack of machines to get people in and out could be the problem. Does anyone know how the number of machines at a polling location is decided?

1-votes-women.jpg

Yep.

I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.

I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why it's especially important for us to get out & do it... So she told every woman she saw in Hellmart afterwards that they needed to vote because women died for that right.

So whine about the cold, whine about the long wait, whine because you have the right to... and get your asses out there and vote.

YES!!!

I am so glad I voted early..

I'm glad I went last Thursday to Mt. Tabor and voted and it only took a few minutes. I couldn't have stood in a line for very long. My regular voting place would have been Watson Complex and it doesn't sound like the lines are as long there, but I'm still glad I did it early.

How many machines are at each location? I can't imagine everyone has to read through all the referendums word for word and all are experiencing long wait times, so it seems like a lack of machines to get people in and out could be the problem. Does anyone know how the number of machines at a polling location is decided?

Anyone? Hellloooo out there....I know you see me..... :p

Ten machines at Watson Complex.

Got to Paulding high at 5:56 pm. Back in the car and leaving at 6:53 pm.

So a little under an hour for the whole process.

10 machines open.

Sign on door said 830 people had voted in this precinct as of 5pm.

I asked the lady how many registered voters were in the precinct.

She said around 2500. So what's that?? Like 30% turn out so far?? (at that location anyway)

Sign on door said 830 people had voted in this precinct as of 5pm.

I asked the lady how many registered voters were in the precinct.

She said around 2500. So what's that?? Like 30% turn out so far?? (at that location anyway)

830 since 5 pm...that's this evening,and that's a whole lot of folks in a short time

Just left McClure......After waiting an hour an a half, I started not feeling well, so I had to leave....I am so disappointed. I knew I had atleast another 45 minutes to wait.

Line was much longer and people still pouring in. I figure about a 3 hour wait now.

I've never seen it like this in Paulding.....Wow!

I did go back up to McClure and spent 1:45hrs in line. Got lucky and ran into a friend so I did not have to read a book that I had brought.

The staff did run out the paper confirmation things that you had to fill out and I did not see at one time all the voting boxes being full. The bottleneck was at the check in stations.

I did go back up to McClure and spent 1:45hrs in line. Got lucky and ran into a friend so I did not have to read a book that I had brought.

The staff did run out the paper confirmation things that you had to fill out and I did not see at one time all the voting boxes being full. The bottleneck was at the check in stations.

Good for you FB. It's a shame y'all are having such a wait. I saw on the news where folks in Roswell are threatening to call the Secretary of State over a 30 minute wait. They must be spoiled up there in Roswell. :rolleyes:

I know it's easy for me to say sitting at my laptop, but thank you all soooo much for sacrificing your time to wait this extra time to vote!

I heard on one of the local stations that they are predicting voter turnout may be as high as 40-45%. That is incredible!

I'm so glad to see so many people getting involved in these important races, and allowing their voices to be heard!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Like 1

I feel the same way. In the good old days, before I got sick, I would've waited in the line I saw at Taylor Farm a little while ago. I just didn't think I could do it today. :(

And if it makes you feel any better, MiniVanMomma, you couldn't possibly hate me more than I hate myself right now.

You are sick? :(

Do you need anything?

I was in line about 45 minutes this "late" afternoon ... DH was quick to tell me that at 9:30 am he did it in about 10 min :o

but when I left the line was curving in other directions so I'm sure they are in a longer wait than I was.

Went to Moses around 3:15 and it took me 20 minutes At that time they had a sign saying 633 people had voted as of 3:00 pm.

I too am excited about the turnout. While we were driving there I was telling my son I didn't think there would be more than a 30% turnout. It will be nice if I am wrong.

And posted this at 6:17 P.M. How'd you do that - time machine? :unsure:

OOHH!!!

Good catch! I'm blonde, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

It was 4:56 pm to 5:53 pm!

Though a time machine would be cool!

Just curious, anybody else seen signs up with how many folks had voted as of a certain time?

I'd never seen that before and found it interesting.

Ahhh, she is the time traveler in that 1928 movie...........I knew it was someone from Pcom. :D

Busted.

And might I add those were perfectly sensible shoes. :ninja: