Paulding.com

How were the crowds at your voting site?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:   Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in or

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that all

Yep. I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.   I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why i

My Hubby has already taken me to task because I convinced him to vote for a candidate and when he saw the candidate in a debate he yelped! Learned my lesson, let those guys find out for themselves!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: Mine gave me a hyserical tutorial on the dist. 19 candidates last night, using only the cards that came in the mail. OMG it was so funny. The mug shots and the crazy hair and wild accusations. LOL THey didn't sway our votes, though.

I left to vote since we are slow. I got in line at 11:08 and walked out at 12:34. The line was really long, but I didn't mind it one bit.

VOTING ETIQUETTE: If you are tall and have a short person in front of you, please don't stand so close that you breathe into his/her hair. Your nasal air is gross and stomach turning. And people need their space. Also, close your mouth when you chew anything, gum or food. We are not cows. It is also gross and stomach turning. Phew. I feel better :drinks:

Just got back from voting at Nebo Elementary. Stood in line maybe 30 minutes...inside about 10 and was out. It really did help being able to read about the amendments before I went. I knew exactly how to vote when I got up to the machine. Took about 3 min. Good sign with lines being long, glad people are getting out to vote

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that allowed me to have the opportunity....

You are joking! Aren't you?

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that allowed me to have the opportunity....

:unsure:

No - I am not joking. The poll worker said it had been like that all day.

It was not even that bad during the presidential election two years ago.

I believe there have been some combination of polling places so maybe there are more people using that area.

I believe there have been some combination of polling places so maybe there are more people using that area.

I was told we used to have 28, we now have only 14............that could be the reason. Not sure when it got changed. :unsure:

Freebird, don't give up.............go back about 3 and see if it's any better. Now where's that begging smiley???

Well I made sure my vote got counted. I am wondering why so many for this election. I hope the folks who are voting against MY candidates are not getting out their vote.:o

You don't know how pissed off I am. Why didn't I vote early!!! How about Internet voting!!!

I even had to cancel my scout meeting!

And I am out of Bourbon!

Soooo, are you going to go and vote? :unknw:

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:

Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in order to make it possible for us to vote.

Girl, don't be scared :lol:

It's the truth! :good:

You don't know how pissed off I am. Why didn't I vote early!!! How about Internet voting!!!

I even had to cancel my scout meeting!

And I am out of Bourbon!

I feel the same way. In the good old days, before I got sick, I would've waited in the line I saw at Taylor Farm a little while ago. I just didn't think I could do it today. :(

And if it makes you feel any better, MiniVanMomma, you couldn't possibly hate me more than I hate myself right now.

Just got back from McClure 1.5 hour wait when I got in line.Now it's more like 2 hours.

Why is it against the law to use a cell phone while inside a polling site?...I can see why at the booth,but if you are in line over an hour you should be able to at least text.

And what would they do if all the folks said "NO we are gonna use our phones"

I feel the same way. In the good old days, before I got sick, I would've waited in the line I saw at Taylor Farm a little while ago. I just didn't think I could do it today. :(

And if it makes you feel any better, MiniVanMomma, you couldn't possibly hate me more than I hate myself right now.

If you are not well enough to stand in line tell the election officials and they will put you on through.

I don't believe the turnout is any larger than it was two years ago and there was pretty good amount of early voting.

The issue, I think in this election, are the number of constitutional amendments on the ballot - i.e. ballot length.

Add to that the judicial elections - these are non-partisan races and have been almost totally ignored in the popular press. Heck, there is not even a party preference to help guide voters. I mean ene mene miny mo, takes time :)

I voted at the courthouse complex just after noon and that exercise took about a half-hour.

The good news (or bad) is that although the polls may close at 7 p.m. ... all those in line at 7 p.m. will be allowed to vote. This may make it a longer night for the local candidates.

pubby

Just came from Hiram High with about a 30 minute wait. Not bad except the entire line must wait outside. A little cool outside if you ask me. Some should turn mother natures heat up! :)

You know I half expected people to be in bad moods or be ready to fight but everyone seemed to be in the nicest mood. Something about watching and listening to people so calmly and respectfully carry on conversations at the polls somehow dials down the negativity spewing from the media. For a brief moment it looked like a world without negativity.

Well back to reality.. :)

Have a good one!!

Gem man 86

Just think if they kicked you out -- then we would have disenfranchised voters worthy of a visit from Jesse Jackson

Just got back from McClure 1.5 hour wait when I got in line.Now it's more like 2 hours.

Why is it against the law to use a cell phone while inside a polling site?...I can see why at the booth,but if you are in line over an hour you should be able to at least text.

And what would they do if all the folks said "NO we are gonna use our phones"

It doesn't make you any better it just makes you a person who can't physically stand in line for a long period. Everyone should have their chance to vote.

I agree with NJ. While I was in line I saw two elderly women gor straight up and vote. There was a gentleman in a wheelchair that went ahead of the man in front of me. They were going to get a man out of line that had obviously just had some skin grafts done to pull him up to the front of the line.

Please go vote. You have no excuse not to.

FB, there is no good reason why you have to wait so long, but maybe go back and try again later? Your vote might be the one that decides a race.

Again I'm sorry folks in your precinct are having such a problem.

If you are not well enough to stand in line tell the election officials and they will put you on through.

yes that is true..I saw a sign on the door from 930 to 430 any disabled person can be moved to the front of the line if you ask a poll worker to move you. They did it to a couple of people in line when I was waiting to vote. I think that's a good thing.

It doesn't make you any better it just makes you a person who can't physically stand in line for a long period. Everyone should have their chance to vote.

Thanks for the encouraging words - I just feel bad about going in front of people. Next time I'll probably do the absentee thing.

Thanks for the encouraging words - I just feel bad about going in front of people. Next time I'll probably do the absentee thing.

don't feel bad..its really ok..no one will think any less of you. Just go up to a poll worker, explain to them you can't stand for long periods of time and they will quietly move you right on in. No one will be the wiser and if they are, they won't say anything =)

Anyone voted at Paulding County? Just wondered how bad it was.

I voted at Nebo Elementary at 10:00 a.m., and it took me 30 minutes.

I have done the early voting in the past, and had a longer wait, but each election is so different. Good luck to all! :good:

Edited by sungoddess

Is Russom voting in the media center or the cafeteria? I'm just trying to figure out if I'll be waiting in line inside or outside.

I just got back from there, was in the library, line was wrapped all around inside, took me an hour and twenty minutes.