Paulding.com

Let's make a deal

LTD:

I do think you may be on to something. Maybe it is that DRD4 Gene has something to do with the olfactory system of the body ... you know the liberal gene (DRD4 a7 with 19.5% incidence) and the majority gene (DRD4 a4 with a 65% incidence).

The theory is that those with the DRD4 a4 gene, when confronted with the character "D" instantly smells dung and when seeing the character "R" instantly smells Roses. This is of course a subliminal autonomic reaction that completely blocks reality making those with the DRD4 r4 or majority gene incapable of discerning any other odor other than the smell imprinted in the brain.

We can try that experiment here:

EXHIBIT A:

post-2-0-37421500-1288812241_thumb.jpg D

EXHIBIT B:

post-2-0-10861900-1288812250_thumb.jpg R

Of course this experiment does nothing for me as I'm pretty sure I'm a DRD4 r7 carrier. But if you are in the majority I would ask if you experience any olfactory sensations when viewing either image.

If the theory inspired by LTD is correct, your first reaction viewin the rose is unpleasant because of the presence of the D after the image while, when viewing the second image, that sensation becomes truly pleasant.

pubby

A rose by any other name...........would smell as sweet. Some things just can't pretend to be anything other than what they really are.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like you vote for the person who has the D beside their name?

The next election they will continue to vote for the person with a R beside their name and claim that they dont like it but its the lesser of two evils....

Hey Girl, I shared one tonight. And, if I do say so myself, my briskett was "to kill for". At $0.99 a pound, such a deal!!!   Probably about $0.75 a serving for spinach and garden salad, briskett, a

Posted Images

Looks like a few aren't living up to their end of the deal. ;)

Never, NEVER made a deal I didn't hold up my end of. Sorry, but I had a ton of business that was put on hold until after the election and now I'm playing catch up.

Here's the deal. In the Avery vs. Braddock race, Paulette won. The silent campaign paid off. Congratulations to Paulette.

In life, WE WON. In the last three months I have made more friends than I can count. Apparently about 6,000. Most of those friendships will last a lifetime.

Now it's time for all of you Paulette supporters to step up to the plate and make YOUR candidate work for you. She has two years to prove herself to be the best candidate and not just someone that happened to be in the right place at the right time. I wish her the best.

To my buddy Fox, I guess I had more respect for you BEFORE you said that I was able to influence your vote. Not that your vote would have made one damn bit of difference. But if you think that makes you look like some sort of hero, by all means, go for it.

News Junky. You have proven to be a woman I admire. I have thoroughly enjoyed the sparring. We have so many mutual friends that I am sure we will meet before long.

To the rest of you, get your gloating on. I am a big boy with thick skin. 35 years in commercial construction does that to you. There is nothing any of you can say that hasn't been screamed at me by an iron worker before. :lol:

It has been a blast. Can't wait until 2012.

Never, NEVER made a deal I didn't hold up my end of. Sorry, but I had a ton of business that was put on hold until after the election and now I'm playing catch up.

Here's the deal. In the Avery vs. Braddock race, Paulette won. The silent campaign paid off. Congratulations to Paulette.

In life, WE WON. In the last three months I have made more friends than I can count. Apparently about 6,000. Most of those friendships will last a lifetime.

Now it's time for all of you Paulette supporters to step up to the plate and make YOUR candidate work for you. She has two years to prove herself to be the best candidate and not just someone that happened to be in the right place at the right time. I wish her the best.

To my buddy Fox, I guess I had more respect for you BEFORE you said that I was able to influence your vote. Not that your vote would have made one damn bit of difference. But if you think that makes you look like some sort of hero, by all means, go for it.

News Junky. You have proven to be a woman I admire. I have thoroughly enjoyed the sparring. We have so many mutual friends that I am sure we will meet before long.

To the rest of you, get your gloating on. I am a big boy with thick skin. 35 years in commercial construction does that to you. There is nothing any of you can say that hasn't been screamed at me by an iron worker before. :lol:

:blush: I enjoy the political debate and thanks for the kind words. I have worried about keeping my friends though this election because I am so out spoken. I expect Paulette to be a great Repesentative because Paulding needs one so badly. I know that right now she is answering the phone when her constitutents call and she is listening. I hope that continues. This is the "people's seat" and I expect them to have the voice that guides her actions in the House.

First of all, we can most assuredly come to an agreement we are not buddies. Second of all, the intent of my comment about changing my vote because of the bad conduct of Avery supporters was not to make myself out to be a "hero." It was to demonstrate that if the poor conduct by many of Avery's supporters (not just you) made me change my vote, it could have changed the minds of others as well. Think about it. Your candidate might have stood a better chance if many of his supporters on this site had shown more civility to others.

Politics seems to go more into the gutter each election with people who are willing to "do whatever it takes to make the other candidate lose." Even you stated that was necessary to do.

Edited by Foxmeister

First of all, we can most assuredly come to an agreement we are not buddies. Second of all, the intent of my comment about changing my vote because of the bad conduct of Avery supporters was not to make myself out to be a "hero." It was to demonstrate that if the poor conduct by many of Avery's supporters (not just you) made me change my vote, it could have changed the minds of others as well. Think about it. Your candidate might have stood a better chance if many of his supporters on this site had shown more civility to others.

Politics seems to go more into the gutter each election with people who are willing to "do whatever it takes to make the other candidate lose." Even you stated that was necessary to do.

Geez Fox. You are really starting to sound like a whining liberal. Grow yourself a set and stop trying to blame others for your inefficiencies. You want to hammer me, hammer away. We lost, you won. Learn how to win.

We lost two to one. Had nothing to do with anything we could control. It was all about Washington. If every person on p.com for the last 3 months had voted for Will twice it would not have put us over the top.

Geez Fox. You are really starting to sound like a whining liberal. Grow yourself a set and stop trying to blame others for your inefficiencies. You want to hammer me, hammer away. We lost, you won. Learn how to win.

We lost two to one. Had nothing to do with anything we could control. It was all about Washington. If every person on p.com for the last 3 months had voted for Will twice it would not have put us over the top.

Paulette won because of the R. Most voters blindly punched the R and didn't know jack sheeze about either candidate. You should be proud. Got us a real winner for a representative. Thanks HERO! :wacko

At least you're not a "cold war veteran" like that little panty waist Ithy.

There you go calling names again.dry.gif Paulette is your Representative and you might need her help one day. Not a good idea to call her names.

There you go calling names again.dry.gif Paulette is your Representative and you might need her help one day. Not a good idea to call her names.

Didn't call her a name did I? I just can't think of a thing that I would ever need or use her advice for. I'll accept defeat, but I am not accepting her as my representative. I'll continue to do without.

Didn't call her a name did I? I just can't think of a thing that I would ever need or use her advice for. I'll accept defeat, but I am not accepting her as my representative. I'll continue to do without.

So, it's ok with you if others feel the same about Barack Obama...not accepting him as our President?

Paulette won because of the R. Most voters blindly punched the R and didn't know jack sheeze about either candidate. You should be proud. Got us a real winner for a representative. Thanks HERO! :wacko

At least you're not a "cold war veteran" like that little panty waist Ithy.

Talk about whining.

:wacko: Now what if Will had won and people had stated that? You would be jumping all over them. :closedeyes:

He's not my president. Why should I care?

Do you live outside the country? Believe me, really, I do not like our current sitting pres., but he is what I have until the next election. Do I like it, no, but I have to live with it.

Your statement of people blindly hitting R is demeaning. Many people made informed choices, knew what she had and had not done, and still decided she was the best candidate at this time. Others, as Fox stated, choose to push R after listen to the D supporters and their lack of civility towards all.

Feelip I really had you on a higher pedestal. I knew you would be unhappy, but such sour grapes?

:wacko: Now what if Will had won and people had stated that? You would be jumping all over them. :closedeyes:

Do you live outside the country? Believe me, really, I do not like our current sitting pres., but he is what I have until the next election. Do I like it, no, but I have to live with it.

What? I'm not living with it?

Your statement of people blindly hitting R is demeaning. Many people made informed choices, knew what she had and had not done, and still decided she was the best candidate at this time. Others, as Fox stated, choose to push R after listen to the D supporters and their lack of civility towards all.

If people based their votes on anything other than the ability of the candidate they are foolish. I take my vote a lot more seriously than that.

Feelip I really had you on a higher pedestal. I knew you would be unhappy, but such sour grapes?

I am just crushed that I didn't live up to your standards. 8)

If you are saying that you are moving, I wish you good luck with the sale of your current home in this economy. Maybe if you hold on a little longer the real estate market may pick up again.

Didn't say anything about selling. Just making our vacation home our permanent home. Sucks huh?