4 replies to this topic

#1 zoocrew

zoocrew

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

Jeff Sharlet wrote C Street and says the sex scandals of politicians like Mark Sanford and Mark Ensign are just the tip of the hypocritical iceberg among the Fundamentalists that are trying to take over American politics. He says they are using the military and the political process to implement the Fundamentalist view of God and the Bible into the laws of the nation.

Amazon Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVrQkunIZXo

#2 RhondaW

RhondaW

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

Jeff Sharlet wrote C Street and says the sex scandals of politicians like Mark Sanford and Mark Ensign are just the tip of the hypocritical iceberg among the Fundamentalists that are trying to take over American politics. He says they are using the military and the political process to implement the Fundamentalist view of God and the Bible into the laws of the nation.

Amazon Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVrQkunIZXo

Yep, I know about these guys. They are the ones who hold 'The National Prayer Breakfast'. They also support that idiot president in Uganda...the one who wants to execute homosexuals.

Why more people don't scream from the rooftops about this is frustrating, and very scary.
The Fellowship and links to Uganda
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.  ~~~~~  "A room without a book, is like a body without a soul"  ~Cicero ~~~~~~ I dream of  a world...where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.<br />"Life is short. Don't be an asshole"~Jenilyn

#3 zoocrew

zoocrew

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

Yep, I know about these guys. They are the ones who hold 'The National Prayer Breakfast'. They also support that idiot president in Uganda...the one who wants to execute homosexuals.

Why more people don't scream from the rooftops about this is frustrating, and very scary.
The Fellowship and links to Uganda

Willful ignorance. Fundamentalists don't want to believe they are being co opted by these figures to gain political power.

But they are being fooled.

The book is starting to turn some heads because it is showing the systematic and dangerous ground we are playing with.

Here is Peter Boyer's article on the book, Frat House for Jesus.

Edited by zoocrew, 24 October 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#4 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

I think this is what I heard a radio interview about and it was compared to the Trilateral Commission.

#5 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Never heard of it. Read the New Yorker article at the link, which didn't remotely remind me of anything like the Trilateral Commission. (Reading New Yorker and Vanity Fair and NY Observer articles are like having a root canal to me...ok, not quite as bad, but DANG, they are long and essay-y.)

I'm sure they're a close-knit group (sort of), but I don't sense any nefarious connections, or at least any more than any other politically-allied group in DC. (And no, I do not think homosexuals should be executed.)

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics