Paulding.com

Students for Barack Obama

I will go ahead and answer this for myself. In 2008, I was a land surveying project manager for the Bentley-Craton Group. I was not a student and not involved with Students for Obama. At the time, I had not met my campaign manager (who is not Mr. Politics BTW). We can keep going around with these question that have little bearing on who the most qualified candidate for the District 19 House seat. As I promised on here from the beginning of this campaign, I will try to answer all questions presented to me on this board.

• Like 3

I will go ahead and answer this for myself. In 2008, I was a land surveying project manager for the Bentley-Craton Group. I was not a student and not involved with Students for Obama. At the time, I had not met my campaign manager (who is not Mr. Politics BTW). We can keep going around with these question that have little bearing on who the most qualified candidate for the District 19 House seat. As I promised on here from the beginning of this campaign, I will try to answer all questions presented to me on this board.

So you are saying you have never been involved in this organization?? And you might want to tell Mr.Politics he's not your campaign manager, he seems to think he is. Would you like the link to his declaration??

• Like 3

I was never a member or involved. You can ask again if you would like though.

Thank you, a simple yes or no on the first response would have worked. You danced around it saying you were not a student in 2008. I am of the understanding the group Sudents for Barack Obama is still active.

Thank you, a simple yes or no on the first response would have worked. You danced around it saying you were not a student in 2008. I am of the understanding the group Sudents for Barack Obama is still active.

WHERE do you see dancing in this reply?

"I will go ahead and answer this for myself. In 2008, I was a land surveying project manager for the Bentley-Craton Group. I was not a student and not involved with Students for Obama...."

• Like 3

WHERE do you see dancing in this reply?

"I will go ahead and answer this for myself. In 2008, I was a land surveying project manager for the Bentley-Craton Group. I was not a student and not involved with Students for Obama...."

The "In 2008" led me to believe he was not involved then, but failed to indicate any involvement after that. This is still an active group.

Are you under the impression he is a student now :unsure:

I was under the impression he was until he began this campaign. ;) Perhaps it was this that led me to believe that.

For those of you that I have not had the pleasure to meet, my name is Will Avery, and I am running to represent YOU in Atlanta. My wife, Laurien, and I have chosen East Paulding County to be the place where we will raise our family, which is currently made up of myself and Laurien, our daughter Norah, our two dogs, Marley and Matilda, and our two cats, Ella and Kaipo. Since graduating (with honors) from the University of Georgia, I have spent my time in West Cobb and East Paulding as an archaeologist and a land surveyor, while Laurien has been teaching at North Paulding High School. I currently am working on my Master’s degree at the University of West Georgia, where I also am working as a teacher and researcher in the university’s history department.

Look, I don't know why Will and his supporters get bent out of shape for me asking these questions. We have been screwed many times from this District 19 arena. I find it hard to support anyone that isn't forthcoming and has skeletons in their closets. I just want to make sure there is nothing we don't know. Yes, I'm skeptical, yes I'm asking questions, yes I'm looking for answers. I think everyone should be.

If Mr. Avery cannot take questions that he may find unnerving, how's he going to handle representing District 19?? Is he going to get angry with someone that doesn't see it his way or questions his reasoning?? I think he is getting a little frustrated with me, but this is a piece of cake compared to what he is asking us to elect him to do. I don't think everything under the Gold Dome is all peanut butter and jelly.

So if you will please indulge me a little more, perhaps you can sway my support. So far I have seen anger, distrust, disgust, frustration and condescension from him and his supporters.

I think we should be asking all candidates questions about core values, beliefs and associations. But I guess I'm just an old cranky lady that should take what everyone says at face value. :drinks:

• Like 2

NG,

Sounds like you are the one getting upset.

You asked a question. Will answered it, twice.

In 2008, I was a land surveying project manager for the Bentley-Craton Group. I was not a student and not involved with Students for Obama.

I presume his intro sentance where he states he was working as a surveyor confused you ?

So he replied again:

I was never a member or involved. You can ask again if you would like though

And yet you still keep kicking the dead horse.

Will has come onto p.com, best I can tell, and answered every question asked of him. Move on to a new topic why don't 'ya ?

Paulette has avoided all speaking engagements and offers of debate, AND any known presence on p.com. We know nothing of her stance on anything other than "I am a Tea Party Conservative".

Which says just exactly what ?

I am still confused with her Tea Party rhetoric when you look at 8 out of 8 BOE tax increases she approves, as well as 2 SPLOSTs and 2 Bond referndum.

I admit I am still somewhat ignorant of what the "Tea Party" members do indeed stand for, but I do know Paulette cannot use her BOE voting record as evidence she is a conservative. Far from it.

You attempted to tie Avery to a Student group supporting Obama. He replied to your direct question with a direct answer. He was not a student in 2008 and was not a member of Students for Obama.

• Like 1

Surepip, this is not about Paulette or the Tea Party, this is about Will. Perhaps you think he answered the question satisfactorily but I didn't, why am I wrong to ask the questions for which I seek answers?? He is a student now is he not???

How did he not satisfactorily reply ?

Last I heard, Will completed the summer semester still working on his Masters, but is not currently a "student", nor has he been one since the summer semester finished.

He took a sabbatical from teaching, and taking classes in order to politic full time instead. I believe he has 1 semester remaining before he completes his Master's Program which I believe he plans to complete summer or fall of 2011.

For what it is worth though, I believe Paulette is currently enrolled and taking class[es ?] at KSU.

So to reply to your question:

"No, Will is not currently a student."

But Paulette is.

How did he not satisfactorily reply ?

Last I heard, Will completed the summer semester still working on his Masters, but is not currently a "student", nor has he been one since the summer semester finished.

He took a sabbatical from teaching, and taking classes in order to politic full time instead. I believe he has 1 semester remaining before he completes his Master's Program which I believe he plans to complete summer or fall of 2011.

For what it is worth though, I believe Paulette is currently enrolled and taking class[es ?] at KSU.

So to reply to your question:

"No, Will is not currently a student."

But Paulette is.

Surepip, you don't understand. I am not and have not supported Paulette. I'm trying very hard to convince myself Will is going to be good for Paulding County. So far it seems everyone wants to knock me down because I want questions answered. So his page about him is a little misleading. It says he is working toward his masters at UWG, how do I know if I don't ask?? That page leads me to believe he is a student.

ETA - It's no secret I have absolutely no use for Barack Obama and his progressive agenda. I certainly don't want someone with that same agenda representing my company at the Gold Dome. ;)

Surepip, you don't understand. I am not and have not supported Paulette. I'm trying very hard to convince myself Will is going to be good for Paulding County. So far it seems everyone wants to knock me down because I want questions answered. So his page about him is a little misleading. It says he is working toward his masters at UWG, how do I know if I don't ask?? That page leads me to believe he is a student.

When he registered for this race, he registered his occupation as a "student". Nothing else, just student. When asked about that he responded that he didn't know that information would be public. I believe he later changed that.

And I don't think the question was far-fetched. Very close friends often join the same groups.

When he registered for this race, he registered his occupation as a "student". Nothing else, just student. When asked about that he responded that he didn't know that information would be public. I believe he later changed that.

And I don't think the question was far-fetched. Very close friends often join the same groups.

The page I looked at has not changed. Thus the questions about student associations.

Here is a link to the Avery for Georgia web site. It clearly states he is working toward his Masters. click here

ETA - It's no secret I have absolutely no use for Barack Obama and his progressive agenda. I certainly don't want someone with that same agenda representing my company at the Gold Dome. ;)

I may we wrong, but I believe Will has stated on p.com before that he was not attending Fall Semester in order to politic.

He was a student, and was teaching courses when he qualified the end of April. He finished the Spring and Summer Semesters, and is on Sabbatical from teaching and finishing up his Masters.

He answered your question twice. JohnnyJ reiterated his first reply, and I have reposted both his replied in this thread.

I suggest startiing a new topic or go back and modify your topic title unless you are intend on continuing to kick a dead horse.

Will has replied to specific questions in other threads of numerous Obama programs he is against. There is no blind party allegiance to Obama or to the Democratic Party in general.

As Pubby posted, if elected as a Democrat, an elected official is not bound by any means to support any Democrat agenda. Instead they are encouraged to represent their constituents and to vote how their constinuents want.

Unlike the Republicans, who are indeed basically bound by their party oath to vote for what the party wants regardless of what their constituents want.

And I have been told to my face by past, and current Republican legislators from Paulding when I asked "Why did you vote for that bill?".....and they replied "Because that is what the leadership wanted me to do".

And the citizens of Paulding took it on the chin instead.

I may we wrong, but I believe Will has stated on p.com before that he was not attending Fall Semester in order to politic.

He was a student, and was teaching courses when he qualified the end of April. He finished the Spring and Summer Semesters, and is on Sabbatical from teaching and finishing up his Masters.

He answered your question twice. JohnnyJ reiterated his first reply, and I have reposted both his replied in this thread.

I suggest startiing a new topic or go back and modify your topic title unless you are intend on continuing to kick a dead horse.

Will has replied to specific questions in other threads of numerous Obama programs he is against. There is no blind party allegiance to Obama or to the Democratic Party in general.

As Pubby posted, if elected as a Democrat, an elected official is not bound by any means to support any Democrat agenda. Instead they are encouraged to represent their constituents and to vote how their constinuents want.

Unlike the Republicans, who are indeed basically bound by their party oath to vote for what the party wants regardless of what their constituents want.

And I have been told to my face by past, and current Republican legislators from Paulding when I asked "Why did you vote for that bill?".....and they replied "Because that is what the leadership wanted me to do".

:lol: I find no party lines a joke surepip. How many bills were passed with only democratic support?? How many democrats jumped ship because they thought 0bama's plan might not be good for their constituents? They are no better than the republicans. They are all there for themselves, not the people. I wasn't born yesterday. :drinks:

No I will not edit my post and I will continue to ask questions. Thank you for speaking on his behalf but I prefer to get the answers from him. ;)

If the Avery for Georgia web site is incorrect, it should be fixed. Don't you agree??

NG,

He answered you direct, twice.

Yet you continue on with the same question ?

I will suggest to Mr Avery that he update his bio on his website.

He has not "quit" school, nor has he given up teaching. He has taken a sabbatical from both for the election cycle, and for the Spring Semester so he will be available to work as our Representative full time.

Do you possibly have a different question now ?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the same question again. In a county where the majority are conservative, I think her questions are legitimate. Particularly in light of the fact that most in this state wanted Obama's healthcare plan challenged because we simply can't afford that monstrosity.

• Like 1

Dang !! Now I'm confused, I thought Mr. Politics was the campaign Manager.....

There appears to be some confusion there as well. Dang, why is it so hard to get a straight answer?? Is Mr. Politics his campaign manager or just a friend???

I have met Steven Golden, who I believe is the campaign manager, along with several other bright young folks who are part of what I guess you could call Will's "Brain Trust", but I don't know who, if any of them might be MrPolitics. Whitey, myself, and several other "older" folks have also been involved with Will's campaign efforts.

I was in touch with Will earlier and obtained the information I posted above direct from him. He was not near a computer.

I was under the impression he was until he began this campaign. ;) Perhaps it was this that led me to believe that.

Look, I don't know why Will and his supporters get bent out of shape for me asking these questions. We have been screwed many times from this District 19 arena. I find it hard to support anyone that isn't forthcoming and has skeletons in their closets. I just want to make sure there is nothing we don't know. Yes, I'm skeptical, yes I'm asking questions, yes I'm looking for answers. I think everyone should be.

If Mr. Avery cannot take questions that he may find unnerving, how's he going to handle representing District 19?? Is he going to get angry with someone that doesn't see it his way or questions his reasoning?? I think he is getting a little frustrated with me, but this is a piece of cake compared to what he is asking us to elect him to do. I don't think everything under the Gold Dome is all peanut butter and jelly.

So if you will please indulge me a little more, perhaps you can sway my support. So far I have seen anger, distrust, disgust, frustration and condescension from him and his supporters.

I think we should be asking all candidates questions about core values, beliefs and associations. But I guess I'm just an old cranky lady that should take what everyone says at face value. :drinks:

Please! The only reason you asked the question is to make every effort to link people's dislike of Obama with Will. News flash: Obama is not running the GA House seat. This has been the same tactic the GOP has been using across the nation and you are just parroting the same.

Obvious. Everybody sees it.

Just admit your asking the question to link Obama with Will and trying to discredit Will as any other political hack would do.

If you don't want to admit it, at least grow up and don't try the childish "I'm just asking a question." I would say "Man up" but in this case it is, "Grow Up."

Please. We all see it.

Edited by zoocrew

When I read NATuregirl's posts to Will it reminds me of some punk reporter all up in some unsuspecting person's face, on camera, trying their damndest to get a poor reaction caught on camera. Grow up.

mrnn

Exactly what I said earlier, go on and bash me for asking questions and getting the answers I want instead of the canned variety. A simple yes or no is sometimes the best answer. Perhaps you need to look at your own posts. ;)

Please! The only reason you asked the question is to make every effort to link people's dislike of Obama with Will. News flash: Obama is not running the GA House seat. This has been the same tactic the GOP has been using across the nation and you are just parroting the same.

Obvious. Everybody sees it.

Just admit your asking the question to link Obama with Will and trying to discredit Will as any other political hack would do.

If you don't want to admit it, at least grow up and don't try the childish "I'm just asking a question." I would say "Man up" but in this case it is, "Grow Up."

Please. We all see it.

Exactly as I said. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I want answers, I'm not willing to sit by and let your or your group stop me from getting them. If Will Avery is the person you claim he is he will have no problem answering this old lady's questions. ;)

Edited by Boss Hogg

Exactly what I said earlier, go on and bash me for asking questions and getting the answers I want instead of the canned variety. A simple yes or no is sometimes the best answer. Perhaps you need to look at your own posts. ;)

I want answers, I'm not willing to sit by and let your or your group stop me from getting them. If Will Avery is the person you claim he is he will have no problem answering this old lady's questions. ;)

So why didn't you just admit in the first post that you were trying to link Obama with Will for purely political purposes, even though Obama is not running for the GA House and Will would have nothing to do with anything Obama does in DC while in the GA House?

When I read NATuregirl's posts to Will it reminds me of some punk reporter all up in some unsuspecting person's face, on camera, trying their damndest to get a poor reaction caught on camera. Grow up.

mrnn

Let me get this straight, so you are sayingm that the TV reporters for 60 minutes and 20 20 are punk reporters? That is the way those and other reporters operate.

Edited by Boss Hogg

So why didn't you just admit in the first post that you were trying to link Obama with Will for purely political purposes, even though Obama is not running for the GA House and Will would have nothing to do with anything Obama does in DC while in the GA House?

Did it ever occur to any of you I'm trying to distance Will from 0bama?? I cannot and will not support anyone that has the same liberal progressive agenda as 0bama. Perhaps I need to know if he is sincere in his support for the people of Georgia and not utilizing this forum as past political candiates have.

You are all so up each others butts you won't even let your candidate prove he is who you say he is. :wacko:

Let me get this straight, so you are sayingm that the TV reporters for 60 minutes and 20 20 are punk reporters? That is the way those and other reporters operate.

:lol: :good:

NG

What question has he not answered ? Or are you just enjoying kicking the dead horse ?

NG

What question has he not answered ? Or are you just enjoying kicking the dead horse ?

I would really like to know whether Mr.Politics is his campaign manager or not. If that horse is dead, go ahead and get your shovel because I have good reason to believe otherwise.

I think you're mistaken....the reporters from 60 Minutes and 20/20 are professionals who do not chase innocent people into corners and badger them like freaking gnats. Besides, they don't show 60 Minutes or 20/20 on Fox News, how the hell would you know what they do on those shows?

mrnn

I would really like to know whether Mr.Politics is his campaign manager or not. If that horse is dead, go ahead and get your shovel because I have good reason to believe otherwise.

He answered that as well.

mrnn

• Like 1

I think you're mistaken....the reporters from 60 Minutes and 20/20 are professionals who do not chase innocent people into corners and badger them like freaking gnats. Besides, they don't show 60 Minutes or 20/20 on Fox News, how the hell would you know what they do on those shows?

mrnn

You know mrnn, I have never called you a name or insinuated you were anything other than who you say you are. I think you are the one that needs to grow up. Go ahead and call me a gnat again. I know you think it's hilarious. That's twice.

You know mrnn, I have never called you a name or insinuated you were anything other than who you say you are. I think you are the one that needs to grow up.

I am honestly sickened by the tactics used to try to smear a squeaky clean candidate in one post and defend his felon opponent in another. It's irresponsible partisanship which I have ABSOLUTELY no respect for. In other words, it's your tactics that are earning my ire, not you.

mrnn

I am honestly sickened by the tactics used to try to smear a squeaky clean candidate in one post and defend his felon opponent in another. It's irresponsible partisanship which I have ABSOLUTELY no respect for. In other words, it's your tactics that are earning my ire, not you.

mrnn

Wanting to know there are no skeletons in the closet is irresponsible partisanship??? We've been fooled one too many times in this district. I have a hard time believing he's not a liberal progressive and I am looking for proof.

Surepip knows I am not beyond being convinced. In fact I was totally against SPLOST (not ESPLOST) until the thread in which he convinced me it was for the good of the county. I voted yes based on what I learned. I've been around the block a few times and have become a little harder to convince, especially when it comes to politics.

BTW proving someone is worse than you doesn't automatically make you a good candidate. ;)

I think you're mistaken....the reporters from 60 Minutes and 20/20 are professionals who do not chase innocent people into corners and badger them like freaking gnats. Besides, they don't show 60 Minutes or 20/20 on Fox News, how the hell would you know what they do on those shows

mrnn

I used to watch those two shows years ago, when they were not completely products of the democtat socilist propaganda machine as they are now. The reporters on those two shows invented the in your face reporting that you are complaining about. Yes, I am proud to say, that I do watch Fox News now.

Wanting to know there are no skeletons in the closet is irresponsible partisanship??? We've been fooled one too many times in this district. I have a hard time believing he's not a liberal progressive and I am looking for proof.

Surepip knows I am not beyond being convinced. In fact I was totally against SPLOST (not ESPLOST) until the thread in which he convinced me it was for the good of the county. I voted yes based on what I learned. I've been around the block a few times and have become a little harder to convince, especially when it comes to politics.

I could believe that those are your genuine motives with these questions if it weren't for your blatant disregard for "skeletons", hell, a whole crypt of bones, in Will's opponent's closet. You can't defend 2 arrests (one on a felony count), a false claim of conservatism, illegal campaign funding, and a business bankruptcy in one post and then get in another post and pretend that an affiliation with a student group supporting a presidential candidate is a deal breaker for your vote. I mean really? Can you not see how disingenuous you are coming across?

You're an informed, smart woman....I'd just expect better of you. I mean if your boy Ithy read this thread you'd have him blushing.

mrnn