Paulding.com

Why I am voting for Will Avery

LTD:

This from the article behind the Glenn Beck article going on elsewhere. Posted to illustrate how in the GOP, if step out of line, the man comes and takes you away :)

From top to bottom there is simply a level of party discipline being exerted, typically by the extremes of the GOP, that make it difficult for any Republican office holder to be out there publicly saying anything different.

We see this on the local level as well and I'm quite aware that not all Republicans are a part of or supportive of this regimentation. Still, those who reject this trend for their party are in a fight for leadership.

pubby

pubby

Well if NPR says it.....and it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.... Glenn Beck? Really? :blink:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am new to Paulding.com but not new to the traditions of a good old southern up-bringing. My mama and daddy taught me to tell the truth no matter what, to be respectful (especially of my elders), to

Thanks for all of your comments. As people here likely know, I too know Will, and everything you have said about him is true. He very much cares in Paulding County, and as a father with a family, he

FreeBird, you asked me to define "proper and clear" understanding in regards to my post from last evening.   It is my thought that Mr. Avery has an appropriate and respectable understanding of Pau

What ever you say surepip. I will repeat again, I have never been or am a supporter of Paulette. When someone throws crap at the fan, it's always good to sort it out.

Now you expect me to really believe Will didn't know who Mr.Politics was?? Give me a break!!!! :wacko: You also can't expect me to believe he had no knowledge of his campaign manager's association with Students for Barack Obama. It's the mis-truths I'm having a problem with. Why didn't they just own up to it. This 19th District race is a fiasco!!

Paulette is toast, you can continue to bash her all you want but it's only making you look bad.

Paulette isn't smart enough to give up. She might have enough stupid people to put her in office. I saw some fool leaving church this moring with a Paulette sign on their car. Didn't anyone metion anything about "Thou Shall Not Steal" today?

1. Mr. Avery presents himself as a confident person who is unafraid to stand on his principles.

2. It appears that he is bringing no excess baggage to the table.

3. As a former land surveyor he sees that there are certain needs in order to draw new industry and grow older industry in the community.

4. He has chosen to live and raise his family in Paulding County when there are other counties that might be more appealing to a young family.

5 Mr. Avery's concern about the price education has paid in these troubling times gives me hope that he has ideas in restoring the importance of education. I like the idea of once again offering a vocational diploma in high schools. Not everyone is inclined to follow a college preparatory curriculum. I, for one, held my breath through all my chemistry and algebra classes because it was so difficult for me. On the other hand I breezed through bookkeeping and typing. The future job market has a place for college trained individuals but also for individuals who have started their vocational training coming out of the gate.

I'm just an old woman who has seen a lot and lived through a lot: black and white tv, transistor radios, vinyl records, John Kennedy assassination, Donna Reed, segregation, integration, party lines, sleeping with the windows open and the door unlocked, rotary dial phones, make love not war, give peace a chance, Vietnam, Desert Storm, the age of technology (I'm surprised I can turn this darn computer on), etc. There is much work to be done in Atlanta and Washington. I think it would be a good thing to start with fresh ideas and energy.

Now, i'm off to watch "The Price is Right". That Drew Carywub.gif is looking good since he lost all that weight.

And don't forget, he's the one without the criminal record.