Paulding.com

Why I am voting for Will Avery

I am new to Paulding.com but not new to the traditions of a good old southern up-bringing. My mama and daddy taught me to tell the truth no matter what, to be respectful (especially of my elders), to help those that are in need (not with handouts but hand ups), and to always do my best. That's how I have lived my life.

When it comes to political candidates those very principles are the ones that should be apparent in our candidates. Candidates must be held to the highest standard of honesty, fair play and intelligence. They must have a handle on the needs and pulse of the community that they want to represent.

I have researched each candidate thoroughly and have watched interviews and presentations. I see a clear cut choice in Mr. Avery. Each time I have spoken with him and asked my questions his answers have been clear and concise. He is young, but he is a hard worker with a proper and clear understanding of what it will take to make Paulding County a strong, viable community.

I am a long time republican but this year I have decided to look past the "R" and the "D" and vote for the "C" (character). That "C" belongs to Will Avery.

• Like 4
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am new to Paulding.com but not new to the traditions of a good old southern up-bringing. My mama and daddy taught me to tell the truth no matter what, to be respectful (especially of my elders), to

Thanks for all of your comments. As people here likely know, I too know Will, and everything you have said about him is true. He very much cares in Paulding County, and as a father with a family, he

FreeBird, you asked me to define "proper and clear" understanding in regards to my post from last evening.   It is my thought that Mr. Avery has an appropriate and respectable understanding of Pau

FreeBird, you asked me to define "proper and clear" understanding in regards to my post from last evening.

It is my thought that Mr. Avery has an appropriate and respectable understanding of Paulding County needs which comes from researching the issues and being accessible to talk to business owners, community leaders, blue collar workers, the unemployed, senior citizens, etc. I believe that his responses have been easily understood and without ambiguity. I also believe that his passion for making Paulding County a more appealing community will be an asset under the Dome.

• Like 1

FreeBird, you asked me to define "proper and clear" understanding in regards to my post from last evening.

It is my thought that Mr. Avery has an appropriate and respectable understanding of Paulding County needs which comes from researching the issues and being accessible to talk to business owners, community leaders, blue collar workers, the unemployed, senior citizens, etc. I believe that his responses have been easily understood and without ambiguity. I also believe that his passion for making Paulding County a more appealing community will be an asset under the Dome.

In your research what did you find that makes him qualified?? Are there any specifics you would like to share in support of Mr. Avery??

BTW, welcome to pcom. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for all of your comments. As people here likely know, I too know Will, and everything you have said about him is true. He very much cares in Paulding County, and as a father with a family, he has a personal investment in the community. He wants what you want-- the best, most sustainable Paulding County we can have rolleyes.gif

• Like 3

Ok now go shopping,for the future. It seems we have found a likely canidate for this position and for this November. Look at your friends,neighbors and business owners for the future. One of the missions of the republican party was to find qualified canidates. Well there standards have taken a dive and they seem to have lost there standards.

Skip the letter next to there name and go for the person,on a local and state level this will work. We the peopole have a great chance to mend the wrongs. Send the message that we the people of paulding county select quality not party.

We did it for the post#2 commissioner race,and got a good business leader in office. Now march on and remember November.

Vote pro personclapping.gif

Are you Really just Will Avery.

• Like 1

1. Mr. Avery presents himself as a confident person who is unafraid to stand on his principles.

2. It appears that he is bringing no excess baggage to the table.

3. As a former land surveyor he sees that there are certain needs in order to draw new industry and grow older industry in the community.

4. He has chosen to live and raise his family in Paulding County when there are other counties that might be more appealing to a young family.

5 Mr. Avery's concern about the price education has paid in these troubling times gives me hope that he has ideas in restoring the importance of education. I like the idea of once again offering a vocational diploma in high schools. Not everyone is inclined to follow a college preparatory curriculum. I, for one, held my breath through all my chemistry and algebra classes because it was so difficult for me. On the other hand I breezed through bookkeeping and typing. The future job market has a place for college trained individuals but also for individuals who have started their vocational training coming out of the gate.

I'm just an old woman who has seen a lot and lived through a lot: black and white tv, transistor radios, vinyl records, John Kennedy assassination, Donna Reed, segregation, integration, party lines, sleeping with the windows open and the door unlocked, rotary dial phones, make love not war, give peace a chance, Vietnam, Desert Storm, the age of technology (I'm surprised I can turn this darn computer on), etc. There is much work to be done in Atlanta and Washington. I think it would be a good thing to start with fresh ideas and energy.

Now, i'm off to watch "The Price is Right". That Drew Carywub.gif is looking good since he lost all that weight.

You would think, when someone has managed to get themselves elected to the legislature, that they would have a good solid foundation in what it takes to run a business, and what it takes to attract industry. During the past 10 years of being active with the politicians in Paulding, the Chamber, the IBA, etc., I found the opposite.

Many times I had discussions with prvious commission and IBA and Chamber directors and I learned they did not have a clue, nor could they really care. Hence, little to no effort was put forward to set goals and work to accomplish them.

During my conversations with Will Avery, I have found that he is very much in touch with what it will take to attract industry and businesses to Paulding. He has a thorough understanding of the tier system [which makes economic development much easier to accomplish] and what changes are required to allow Paulding to get a rating which will help us obtain grants and other aid to attract industry.

He has some good and valid ideas on changes we need in the tax exemptions for various industries which should be dropped. As well as modifying how sales taxes are collected. This would provide greater revenue for the state without raising or creating new taxes.

And will is not beholding to the RBMDs as so many other of our politicians have been. I believe he will be able to do a good job under the gold dome and make Paulding proud for once of who is representing us downtown.

I'm just an old woman who has seen a lot and lived through a lot: black and white tv, transistor radios, vinyl records, John Kennedy assassination, Donna Reed, segregation, integration, party lines, sleeping with the windows open and the door unlocked, rotary dial phones, make love not war, give peace a chance, Vietnam, Desert Storm, the age of technology (I'm surprised I can turn this darn computer on), etc. There is much work to be done in Atlanta and Washington. I think it would be a good thing to start with fresh ideas and energy.

Welcome to P.com. I, for one, am impressed with the forum you got this one in.

Ok, I am not new....I have talked to Governors, Senators, State Reps and BOE and BOC....and to be truthful they did not listen, or really care once they went into office. So, with that being said Will seems to want to listen and discuss concerns. How he handles this when elected we will see. I could name countless politicians that forgot....so I am willing to let him have a stab at this elected position. So I am not new, and will vote for the person that I feel is best capable.

I have a friend that has been a state rep for many years. I recall his learning the system down at the capitol and sharing his run ins with the tyrant that was house leader for many years. I honestly don't believe "one man of honor with principles and no baggage" will make a difference which is sad. Just look at the hope and change that we have had for the last two years. Didn't get us any where but further down a hole.

You have to run the lot out and start fresh.

The person with the majority of votes cast will win the seat. I just hope they are ready for the road blocks that are ahead.

True but sad that it is hard to get a lot of good done under the Gold Dome.

But, that said, it will not take that much effort to modify the qualifications on the tier system rating to allow Paulding a better rating instead of penalizing us because we abut Cobb and have over 100,000 citizens. All that would be required is an additioanl qualification that if you abutted a county like Cobb, had over 100,000 people AND had an industrial tax base of less than 25% you could get the top tier rating making economic development grants available.

Some of Will's other ideas have some support in the House and Senate as it is.

I would much prefer someone TRYING to get legislation passed that could help us out in Paulding, over someone who is just going to do what the leadership wants.

the game is that in order to get your stuff noticed you have to vote they way they want to. If Avery wins I'm sure he'll learn the system quickly and be just another good ole boy before long.

I know it's hard to understand after hanging with your buddy JS, but there are people of integrity still around.

the game is that in order to get your stuff noticed you have to vote they way they want to. If Avery wins I'm sure he'll learn the system quickly and be just another good ole boy before long.

I know a lot of folks in this thread don't believe this. I agree with you on this one Freebird. The biggest problem I have is the democratic philosophy of bigger government and more entitlements, spending if you will. I was told all democrats do not adhere to one agenda, there are things they agree with and things they don't. :lol:

I know a lot of folks in this thread don't believe this. I agree with you on this one Freebird. The biggest problem I have is the democratic philosophy of bigger government and more entitlements, spending if you will. I was told all democrats do not adhere to one agenda, there are things they agree with and things they don't. :lol:

Funny, four years ago Paulding County had the worst case of tax and spend commissioners that have ever been gathered. They were all REPUBLICANS. :blink:

Wow. Am I the only one who sees between the lines here?

Nope. :)

Funny, four years ago Paulding County had the worst case of tax and spend commissioners that have ever been gathered. They were all REPUBLICANS. :blink:

And their taxing and spending got voted out didn't it?? BTW I did not vote for Shearin in the last election. ;)

And their taxing and spending got voted out didn't it?? BTW I did not vote for Shearin in the last election. ;)

You and 71% of the voters did not vote for Shearin.

Paulette and her 8 years of BOE tax increases is from THAT same group of JS Republican politicians.

Yep. And Paulette was voted out also.

I think you have unfairly painted Will Avery as a tax and spend Democrat from the start. You don't have a vote in this election and you haven't spent the time to talk to the man, but you have no problem spewing ignorant statements about him.

On the other hand you continue to try to excuse Paulette for her inability to live within the law. Yeah, I read between the lines.

• Like 2

Two thoughts on this topic

1. will avery is a better person of the two

2. At least Will doesnt have a PROVEN RAP SHEET and MUG SHOT already on Record for INSURANCE FRAUD....

Im a Republican by beliefs and habbits of voting but i can NOT and WILL NOT vote for a PROVEN FRAUD!!!!! If you can in good concious vote for a FRAUD with a RAP SHEET then you should really think about taking a detour to vote... just skip it and go play in the "eutopian playground" that is "PARTY LINES"...

WILL Avery will be the very FIRST Democrat that I will have ever voted for, but you bet your sweet Arse that until i see his mug shot...HE has ONE VOTE HERE... I will not voluntarily put the WOLF in my Sheeps field.

Edited by halo 2

Are you Paulette's Mom ?

I was not being mean, nor was I speaking to you or quoting you. I have never even come close in praise of Paulette to what this woman wrote about Will. I have come to threads giving alternate thoughts on different candidates that you and your crew slam constantly and are down right mean about.

• Like 1

I was not being mean, nor was I speaking to you or quoting you. I have never even come close in praise of Paulette to what this woman wrote about Will. I have come to threads giving alternate thoughts on different candidates that you and your crew slam constantly and are down right mean about.

Almost makes you want to vote against their chosen candidate. Meanness is not a quality you look for in a supporter. ;)

Almost makes you want to vote against their chosen candidate. Meanness is not a quality you look for in a supporter. wink.gif

Pleaseeeeee give me a break,meanness of a supporter is a reason. How about the fact that Paulette has a rap sheet. How mean was she to her husband with her knife attack? Or her insurance fraud and your worried about a mean supporter get a grip!blink.gif

Pleaseeeeee give me a break,meanness of a supporter is a reason. How about the fact that Paulette has a rap sheet. How mean was she to her husband with her knife attack? Or her insurance fraud and your worried about a mean supporter get a grip!blink.gif

Come on Animal, facts are facts...........Paulette screwed up. No need to make it seem like she's the debil. I'm just worried we're gonna get another campaigner like we have in the White House. I want Mr. Avery to prove me wrong, but I'm a little nervous about his friend's affiliation with Students for Barack Obama. ;)

Come on Animal, facts are facts...........Paulette screwed up. No need to make it seem like she's the debil. I'm just worried we're gonna get another campaigner like we have in the White House. I want Mr. Avery to prove me wrong, but I'm a little nervous about his friend's affiliation with Students for Barack Obama. ;)

heck I am more concerned with some of Paulette's supporters such as Ithey or GOP rules etc. :D