Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mom3k

Beware of Clark Amublance

I think if all of you who owe this company money whether you are insured or not should make an honest effort to pay your bills. Just a few dollars a month from several people can go along way in resolving some of these problems.I know we have a freedom of speech but,lordy give it a break.

well heres the proof in the pudding of someone breaking the law..in order to drive an ambulance you have to be an emt, not the just the owner..and he had no right to have any one clear the way..ga law does not permit that..so i understand you son needed help, but braking the law is not right...

Well Galifesaver now that we have established that you are a complete IDIOT why don't you just go over there and sit in the corner with MOM3K.

well heres the proof in the pudding of someone breaking the law..in order to drive an ambulance you have to be an emt, not the just the owner..and he had no right to have any one clear the way..ga law does not permit that..so i understand you son needed help, but braking the law is not right...

You know what? This is the most idiotic post I have seen in a while! If anyone in my family was needing medical attention very quickly I wouldn't give a rip if someone broke the law to get them to it! Get a grip!! :wacko: :angry:

You know I wish I could call you what I really want to. You are about as low as you can get.

I am assuming MOM3K and Galifesaver are connected.

You forget Sam has been serving the people of this community many years.

Sam has been the EMT on duty for many years. Sam also took my daughter to Atlanta years ago.

Our family respects, honors and love Sam Clark.

While most of us on P.com have harsh feelings for you bashing our friend, the fact is Sam would serve you the same way he has served our families if a terrible thing happened in your family like it has in many of our families.

Sam is a better man than me. I would leave you laying on the side of the road.

• Like 1

Looks like another hit and run.

Just like MOM3K you post and then run and hide.

Sam was probably a EMT before you were born, and I bet he could put circles around you you when

it comes to being an EMT. He probably knows more than you will ever know. But I bet he would

save your life in a minute and not think a thing about it. He is that kind of a man, are you?

I don't think so the way you come on here and run your mouth. I hope you never get in a bad

situation and have to ask for help, because it may not be there the way you act.

• Like 3

Circle the wagons Sam fans!

If you play hard-ball with people how do you expect to get their business for the funerals of their family members? And get them to vote for you for Coroner? Hence, Sam is a great guy.

Maybe, the ambulance business is run off of whatever they collect from insurance, voluntary payments and tax-payer subsidy. Hypothetically, it would make a good feeder for your funeral home, provided the ambulance business can stay afloat on the revenue model in use. Just like being a coroner and using your ambulances for transport and your funeral home for a morgue would also be a good feeder for your funeral home- hypothetically speaking. Too bad the county has never owned up, faced the issue and and actually bought/built an actual morgue that the coroner had to use.

Anyway, let's hypothetically say your ambulance business is loosing money, jeopardizing part of your feeder supply into your funeral home. You can tighten up on your collections (pissing off potential funeral home customers and voters), scrub your insurance billing (that takes a lot of work, software and billing code savvy) or go to the government for more "free" money. After a few years of getting more and more free money from the tax-payers maybe the patient is just too sick to save without even more subsidy. The ambulance company would either have to figure out how to squeeze more money out of the public coffers (shouldn't bee too hard- it has worked so far and I believe that Sam is a big supporter of at least one important BOC member), change their revenue model to include more aggressive collections (don't want to have to do that) or just give up being the zoned emergency ambulance provider and do non-emergency transports and inter-hospital transports. But then, who would do the emergency ambulance service??? Surely, Puckett or Metro or Ambucare would have absolutely no interest in Paulding County??? They must be having the same problems in Cobb and Haralson... probably about to go under any day now, I'll bet. I wonder if they would come in and if they would get the same subsidy that that Clark is getting???

Maybe the county should have more concern for our tax dollars, audit Clark Ambulance's books with a third-party CPA using GAAP as benchmarks and assess its business practices with an unbiased, unaffiliated EMS consulting service and require Clark to become accredited before another subsidy dollar goes to him. After that then maybe they can talk about any subsidy possibilities. Heck, who am I kidding... let's just give Clark a million dollars, pat him on the back and tell him what a great guy he is and call it a day. Take the emotions out of your thoughts and arguments and look at this as a business model- with your tax dollars subsidizing it. Just do the math and ask yourself some common-sense questions. Then ask why your elected officials are not doing the same.

• Like 3

you know with people like you that slams a Great Service, I wonder what you would do if you were in need of a ambulance, and Clark told you "sorry we can't take your call,because no one is here that can drive the ambulance" I wonder if you would give a rats Butt then? I for one am greatful we have a service we can depend on.

Luvscats, a rescue unit would arrive at the scene. Former directory of public safety Joe Griffin established years ago that each rescue could, in fact, transport if it came down to it.

Clark would have to notify the state before it got to that point of no one being there to take a call. We are all concerned that we will have a service that we can depend on in the future. See Hee Haw's post above. The county had a duty to us, the taxpayer. A full audit is due before one more tax dollar is thrown that way without strings attached.

• Like 1

Luvscats, a rescue unit would arrive at the scene. Former directory of public safety Joe Griffin established years ago that each rescue could, in fact, transport if it came down to it.

Clark would have to notify the state before it got to that point of no one being there to take a call. We are all concerned that we will have a service that we can depend on in the future. See Hee Haw's post above. The county had a duty to us, the taxpayer. A full audit is due before one more tax dollar is thrown that way without strings attached.

Is your name Tommie Graham?

Most certainly not - remember that guy wanted to know how three fire trucks were going to fit in a 2 bay firehouse when station 11 was being approved....

Can you get Tommie to help me figure out how to get three cars into a two-car garage? :lol:

Speaking of Tommie, maybe he'll be in character and not sitting in silence like the rest of them when the topic of Clark's subsidy comes up again. Since Clark Ambulance gets a subsidy and not a payment for any services under terms of a contract then it would appear that they are simply the recipient of public money and should have to account for how every dollar of that money is spent. At least that might help justify the subsidy, as well as explain why the BOC is giving it to Clark while at the same time cutting back so many other services, laying off and furloughing employees.

Can you get Tommie to help me figure out how to get three cars into a two-car garage? :lol:

Speaking of Tommie, maybe he'll be in character and not sitting in silence like the rest of them when the topic of Clark's subsidy comes up again. Since Clark Ambulance gets a subsidy and not a payment for any services under terms of a contract then it would appear that they are simply the recipient of public money and should have to account for how every dollar of that money is spent. At least that might help justify the subsidy, as well as explain why the BOC is giving it to Clark while at the same time cutting back so many other services, laying off and furloughing employees.

If $300K for the Silver Comet Trail is more important than emergency services--I sure hope that none of them need it anytime soon.

Yes--Silver Comet Trail might be important to the community, but if they aren't going to patrol more with law enforcement--what's the use. More and more crime happening on the trail. Not a family place like it was several years ago.

And I don't think Sam has a problem with anybody going thru his books at all. I sure hope they go to the books and find the truth about the money and exactly what is owed to him. Might be a huge eye opener for the county bigshots. Would not be surprised if half their families don't owe Clark's money.

I've got an idea. A few days ago I posted a GA dept. of revenue deadbeat taxpayer 's list.

Why don't you guys do the same. If there is a legitimate debt that you have exauhsted all means to recover, then "name names" for the Sienfeld fans.)

Edited by FreeBird

Here are some facts. Based on the DHS records I could find as well as the latest report recieved today:

1/1/04-6/30/10 average response time: 9.5 min

1/1/05-8/30/05 average response time: 10.38 min

1/1/10-11/30/10: 10:06

So, from the starting time of the subsidy, response times have decreased by 32 seconds, which is good. To me, 10+ minutes is still bad.

Here are some facts. Based on the DHS records I could find as well as the latest report recieved today:

So, from the starting time of the subsidy, response times have decreased by 32 seconds, which is good. To me, 10+ minutes is still bad.

Considering the size of the county in area it would help to know average miles per call along with response times.

Have you considered how the traffic in Paulding County has increased these years since this started?

I think this would probably have something to do with the difference, don't you.

YOU CAN'T LET THIS REST, CAN YOU?

traffic, road conditions are items that affect response times. If you want to decrease response, then you bring the unit (add more???) closer to where the need might be. Get it?

Once you request EMS for a "child with difficulty breathing" and the unit takes 40 minutes to arrive at you home then response times will mean something to you.

Then call again and it takes 25 minutes. Add units where the need is and response times will decrease.

So, tax payers of Paulding, you are pouring close to a half a million dollars in to a provider and you get 10 minute average response times.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

• Like 2

traffic, road conditions are items that affect response times. If you want to decrease response, then you bring the unit (add more???) closer to where the need might be. Get it?

Once you request EMS for a "child with difficulty breathing" and the unit takes 40 minutes to arrive at you home then response times will mean something to you.

Then call again and it takes 25 minutes. Add units where the need is and response times will decrease.

So, tax payers of Paulding, you are pouring close to a half a million dollars in to a provider and you get 10 minute average response times.

Well, they can't put a truck on every street.

10 minutes to get anywhere in Paulding is pretty good. Heck--I live 3 miles from the McDonalds on 61 and it takes me almost 5 minutes to get there between the 4 way and the redlight???? You have to consider time of day and the make of the road (sharp curves, etc) in travel time. Even consider the idiots that won't stop for a siren--you know you see it everyday. Being that my DIL drives one of those trucks several days a week---I certainly commend them. I wouldn't want to do it.

He has done pretty good to get trucks all thru the county over the years.

10 minutes is a very good response time considering the size of the county.

Thats what I was thinking. It takes me at least 3 minutes to get out of my subdivision. :pardon:

I am inclined to agree. The nearest fire station to me is about 4 miles away...maybe 4 1/2. It takes me a GOOD 3-4 minutes to get out of the subdivision...that's a mile and a half (25 mph, MANY hills and sharp curves). Then to go another three miles...that'd be 3 more minutes at best, I'd think, given traffic, time of day, etc. So we're up to 6-7 minutes for me, being pretty close to one.

I don't know what the industry standards are, and I don't know the particulars of Clark's operation. I'm not opposed to any auditing that needs to be done...in fact, I think that would probably be a very good thing.

Edited to add that I'm just happy to see this thread is still alive and kicking. :rolleyes:

Edited by mei lan

He has six trucks out there, the county or state, I don't know which only requires him to have four.

You must have an investment in the folks that want to replace him???????????????????

He has six trucks out there, the county or state, I don't know which only requires him to have four.

You must have an investment in the folks that want to replace him???????????????????

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I have seen two different Life Force trucks driving around town in the last two days.Looks like they have some really old trucks..

According to wiki answers (with no source given) ... The national average response time for a BLS ambulance is 10 min. Paramedics are 12-15 min.

10 minutes is a very good response time considering the size of the county.

• Like 1

With the county only having 5 or 6 major roads that lead anywhere and the rest of the roads ending in subdivisions, it is not surprising that it does take them that long to get from one place to another. If you add in the fact that 7 out of 10 motorist don't pull over or try to beat the ambulance through an intersection, I am surprised it is even that low of a time! People here pull over faster for a funeral than they do for an ambulance!

I should add that the times I figured were for a fire rescue unit to reach my house...I don't know where the nearest ambulance is stationed, but I'm almost positive it's not closer than the fire station.

In our case, the BLS unit (the rescue toned out from the PC fire station serving your area) would most likely beat the Clark (providing ALS) unit.

In our case, the BLS unit (the rescue toned out from the PC fire station serving your area) would most likely beat the Clark (providing ALS) unit.

That is typical. Most Fire /EMS units will beat the ambulance to the scene a vast majority of the time. The only exceptions that I have seen on a regular basis was when I worked at Cobb # 7 (Hicks and Hurt rd). Just a couple of miles from Cobb Hospital. There are always ambulances going in service from there and are generally close to that territory. Pucket and GA EMS in Powder Springs and Kennesaw respectively, usually have units in those areas and tend to be right on top of the Fire apparatus when they arrive.

The fire stations are always called first. That might have something to do with this.

The fire station and the Clark dispatcher are each toned at the same time. They each are told the address at the same time.

The main difference is that the 911 dispatcher has already determined which station will be toned out based on who is in service that serves the caller's address. The Clark dispatcher has to determine which of their units they will have respond. I don't know how long this may take them, but if this is not an automated system, that might be a good area to help increase response times.

The fire department has better coverage (11 stations) and therefore better response in many cases. I rarely hear the clark unit beat the rescue to an EMS call unless it is something local to Hiram or Dallas or just around the corner from the clark unit's quarters.

Edited by FreeBird

So are all of the county's rescue trucks staffed with EMTs? Or are they first responder certified?

The web site says they are EMT and or Paramedic. I know that some departments will run with a level of First Responder but that is apparently not the case here. It did not say if the EMTs were Basic or Intermediate though. Cobb is EMT-I or better. It would not surprise me if Paulding had the same standard for EMTs.

Where do you live, that it would take 40 minutes to get there. The only thing I can think of is

if all Sam's trucks were busy, and they had to call Puckett or Metro. This happens very often.

You got to remember, people call for anything (headaches, stomach ache, need assistance, fell

out of chair,check my blood pressure) and I could go on and on. They HAVE TO GO.