Paulding.com

Paulding citizens embarrassed again

I still find it hard to believe Paulette has the supporters she does. After watching Will Avery's replies at the Chamber function last week it is obvious he is light years ahead of his opponent in grasping the realities and challenges facing state government.

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't feel this is "Mud" flying around.   Seems to me Paulette's Pandora's Box in her closet full of skeletons has been opened. She should spend more time over at East Paulding High.....at the Bo

So you have a different standard about local officials verses national officials. I see. I see the double standard. Thanks.   Ever noticed how drama seems to follow you everywhere you go, no matter

Assuming all "insiders" were in the know, isn't the onus on your local GOP insiders to dissuade Ms. Braddock from running? Not sure why you'd be looking to the local democrat org (oh, there isn't one

I still find it hard to believe Paulette has the supporters she does. After watching Will Avery's replies at the Chamber function last week it is obvious he is light years ahead of his opponent in grasping the realities and challenges facing state government.

I agree. We have had an intelligent person in this office, we just haven't had an honest person.

I'm not including Daniel Stout. I think Daniel would have made a great rep had it not been for the skeleton. I do think Stout was honest and sincere about serving. His predecessor was not.

Paulette, on the other hand, is neither.

I agree. We have had an intelligent person in this office, we just haven't had an honest person.

I'm not including Daniel Stout. I think Daniel would have made a great rep had it not been for the skeleton. I do think Stout was honest and sincere about serving. His predecessor was not.

Paulette, on the other hand, is neither.

I have met Daniel on many occasions, but though he may have had different views on a number of issues than I do, he's one helluva guy. Sincere, passionate, and his heart is in the right place. I even discount the skeleton in his closet-- it was personal, and he fessed up to it, and frankly I don't think that who you "have relations with" makes a rip of a difference when it comes to governing.

If there is no increase then where does the 1 billion come from?

The idea is to have localities collect the sales tax and send the state's portion to them instead of the way it works now. The $1 Billion figure was derived from the experiences of Alabama, whose revenue commission claims to have increased collections by that much in the first year of full implementation. This was presumably due to the fact that local tax collectors were actually familiar with the businesses and more likely to find cheats. In reality, Alabama's enforcement problems were systemic, and led to far more delinquencies than we have here in Georgia. The Georgia estimates range from $300 million to $500 million in potentially collectible delinquencies.

I have a problem with the law in that it increases responsibility and cost to many small towns and counties ill equipped to handle the load, and offers them only a small percentage for their trouble. It also allows localities to hire private firms to collect the taxes, a process that inevitably leads to abuse, and that has been outlawed in many other states. Look no further than Atlanta's traffic ticket fiasco for proof that this type of privatization is a disaster.

The idea in itself is not bad, but the particulars of the proposed law need to be massaged. It really isn't a tax increase.

I have met Daniel on many occasions, but though he may have had different views on a number of issues than I do, he's one helluva guy. Sincere, passionate, and his heart is in the right place. I even discount the skeleton in his closet-- it was personal, and he fessed up to it, and frankly I don't think that who you "have relations with" makes a rip of a difference when it comes to governing.

I agree. But it did provide that chink in his armor that his opposition needed. And he was a little too heavy on the right to life, which is more government. But I do think he would make a good, honest and sincere rep.