Paulding.com

Paulding citizens embarrassed again

The Atlanta newspaper has picked up on the political race in House District 19, and have exposed Paulette Braddock arrest record, Among other things in today’s paper

Political insider Jim Galloway asked some very pointed questions of Paulette, And, here is the response

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2010/10/08/your-morning-jolt-gop-claimant-to-glenn-richardsons-house-seat-has-a-two-arrest-past/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't feel this is "Mud" flying around.   Seems to me Paulette's Pandora's Box in her closet full of skeletons has been opened. She should spend more time over at East Paulding High.....at the Bo

So you have a different standard about local officials verses national officials. I see. I see the double standard. Thanks.   Ever noticed how drama seems to follow you everywhere you go, no matter

Assuming all "insiders" were in the know, isn't the onus on your local GOP insiders to dissuade Ms. Braddock from running? Not sure why you'd be looking to the local democrat org (oh, there isn't one

I thought I would repost in this topic::

Galloway over at the AJC interviewed Paulette about it, and I think she made this even worse on herself (http://blogs.ajc.com...wo-arrest-past/)

“We had lightning damage to our home,” Braddock said Thursday. “The company didn’t want to pay the claim. They contended the receipts weren’t valid. Basically, it was a trumped-up charge.”

Which begs the question, why, then did Ms. Braddock forge the receipts? As awful as it was for her home to be subjected to lightning damage, that should not necessitate committing a felony!

But Braddock said she lacked the cash to fight it in court. “It was easier to just go through the program and not fight it, because it would have cost me a bunch of money to fight it. So I didn’t,” she said.

Was this not around the same time that she was called a "Millionaire Next Door?" If she truly believed in her innocence, in my opinion, should she not have fought it? I mean, it's not a very complex case, really.

Then these two doozies of quotes directly from her:

"All of this is just typical mudslinging. I’m a tea party conservative and want to bring jobs to Georgia and solve some of the problems we have. And I think it’s typical of what happens when people can’t stand on the issues. They decide to do character assassination."

--I'd hardly call this "typical." It's not "typical" for a political candidate to have been twice arrested. And yet, she keeps on with the "issues" thing, while proposing zero solutions. Paulette, please let us all know when you will debate Will, so we can hear these oft-discussed but never mentioned solutions.

"I told them about the bankruptcy. I had forgotten about the other issues – because they were dismissed as if they never happened. I could have had it expunged from my record, but I had forgotten about it.”

--FORGOTTEN?? Wow, that's even worse than I thought! She can't even be honest about her past. She was in her thirties when these things happened, and she should have known better. And, really, they were nowhere near "dismissed as if they never happened."

The Atlanta newspaper has picked up on the political race in House District 19, and have exposed Paulette Braddock arrest record, Among other things in today’s paper

Political insider Jim Galloway asked some very pointed questions of Paulette, And, here is the response

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2010/10/08/your-morning-jolt-gop-claimant-to-glenn-richardsons-house-seat-has-a-two-arrest-past/

Easy for us to sit back comfortably in our own little worlds and condemn others isn't it? You nor I or anyone else in this world is perfect and we all make mistakes - might want to check out your thread title.

• Like 3

Whitey - you might want to check that title once again. rolleyes.gif

@BB- I do think you are right, that people make mistakes. But, IMO, there are some mistakes that are more important to look at than others.

Like I said in another thread, the real issue here is what she said in her response, as to why she has not been honest, because she "forgot." Taking that response at face value, once you forget about what you have done in the past, you cannot make yourself have a better future. If she "forgot" what she had done, how can she make sure she would never do it again?

It's either that, or she lied. I'm not sure which is worse.

Hey Whitey, do you know that your Avery buddy is all for generating new taxes, er, revenue streams?

I found this Q&A of him by the League of Women Voters:

Q: The 2010 General Assembly has received significant criticism for failing to resolve critical financial issues of the state. If elected, what will you do to ensure better success in 2011 and future legislative sessions?

Will Avery: The most striking problem I have seen with the General Assembly is a failure to open up all non-income tax revenue streams. A levy on the purchase of cigarettes would yield an estimated $600 million in revenue increases per year, and a point-of-sale bill would collect over $1 billion. We need to ensure fiscal solvency, and we need to do so without raising your taxes. If elected, I pledge to find those revenue streams, and ensure that all of Georgia's programs remain properly funded.

Hey Whitey, do you know that your Avery buddy is all for generating new taxes, er, revenue streams?

I found this Q&A of him by the League of Women Voters:

Q: The 2010 General Assembly has received significant criticism for failing to resolve critical financial issues of the state. If elected, what will you do to ensure better success in 2011 and future legislative sessions?

Will Avery: The most striking problem I have seen with the General Assembly is a failure to open up all non-income tax revenue streams. A levy on the purchase of cigarettes would yield an estimated $600 million in revenue increases per year, and a point-of-sale bill would collect over $1 billion. We need to ensure fiscal solvency, and we need to do so without raising your taxes. If elected, I pledge to find those revenue streams, and ensure that all of Georgia's programs remain properly funded.

You need to read more carefully. I have bolded a few words for you. A point of sale bill raises taxes exactly $0.00. What it does is creates a more efficient system by which already-owed state sales taxes can reach the coffers. It worked in Alabama to the rune of $1 billion per year. It has nothing to do with raising taxes a dime. Will has said that he wants to find new revenue streams many times over. It's not a secret because it's not raising taxes- period.

EDIT::

But seriously, though, I love your diversionary tactic. Throw out a fallacious argument to cover the fact that your candidate...well, you know.

Edited by Mr. Politics
Guest Hi~ho Silver

You need to read more carefully. I have bolded a few words for you. A point of sale bill raises taxes exactly $0.00. What it does is creates a more efficient system by which already-owed state sales taxes can reach the coffers. It worked in Alabama to the rune of $1 billion per year. It has nothing to do with raising taxes a dime. Will has said that he wants to find new revenue streams many times over. It's not a secret because it's not raising taxes- period.

Now that I think about it, there isn't a single thing the State of Georgia does for me except take my money.

• Like 1

If I purchase something there is a mysterious 1B generated? How? Does he mean that he will drop taxes 1B for all and then generate 1B via another "revenue stream?"

Not my candidate. I am in a different district.

Whitey has along history of hating taxes - but he can live with an additional "revenue stream."

@BB- I do think you are right, that people make mistakes. But, IMO, there are some mistakes that are more important to look at than others.

Like I said in another thread, the real issue here is what she said in her response, as to why she has not been honest, because she "forgot." Taking that response at face value, once you forget about what you have done in the past, you cannot make yourself have a better future. If she "forgot" what she had done, how can she make sure she would never do it again?

It's either that, or she lied. I'm not sure which is worse.

I understand what you are saying but what I don't understand is how people here (not you - I don't know you) can get on here and blast others for similar things that they themselves are guilty of.

I barely know Paulette nor do I know Will. I do know though that throughout many of these political threads that there has been tons of hypocrisy. I know that I personally have my faults and I also know that others here do also. I know you are going to say that "we are not the ones running for political office" and I understand that. Why do you think there are not more people that will risk things like this coming out by putting themselves in the spotlight and running for public office? Think they might have something to hide?

I do have sense enough to realize that Paulette obviously has had some "less than desirable" things surface during this campaign; however, Will is much younger than she is - who is to say that after a while he won't also have issues. I certainly hope not and have no reason to believe that he will other than "life happens". Obviously as we get older, these types of things can happen as we experience obstacles in our lives. I also have to question Will being affilated with the party that is currently in power in the United States and I think we all have to agree to things are just simply not going well with this administration.

At this point, I believe I will just abstain from voting in this race.

• Like 1

Easy for us to sit back comfortably in our own little worlds and condemn others isn't it? You nor I or anyone else in this world is perfect and we all make mistakes - might want to check out your thread title.

you and I aren't running for public office are we?

not sure about you but I don't have a single arrest record, let alone TWO for very delibrate and calculated actions.

you and I aren't running for public office are we?

not sure about you but I don't have a single arrest record, let alone TWO for very delibrate and calculated actions.

I really don't care about your arrest record or lack thereof. I personally have never been arrested or been in any kind of trouble.

As for the comment on "you and I aren't running for public office are we"? Please take the time if you wish to read my prior post as that issue is addressed. :rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying but what I don't understand is how people here (not you - I don't know you) can get on here and blast others for similar things that they themselves are guilty of.

I barely know Paulette nor do I know Will. I do know though that throughout many of these political threads that there has been tons of hypocrisy. I know that I personally have my faults and I also know that others here do also. I know you are going to say that "we are not the ones running for political office" and I understand that. Why do you think there are not more people that will risk things like this coming out by putting themselves in the spotlight and running for public office? Think they might have something to hide?

I do have sense enough to realize that Paulette obviously has had some "less than desirable" things surface during this campaign; however, Will is much younger than she is - who is to say that after a while he won't also have issues. I certainly hope not and have no reason to believe that he will other than "life happens". Obviously as we get older, these types of things can happen as we experience obstacles in our lives. I also have to question Will being affilated with the party that is currently in power in the United States and I think we all have to agree to things are just simply not going well with this administration.

At this point, I believe I will just abstain from voting in this race.

I understand, but with respect, I know Will well, and he's not one to get into this sort of trouble, nor one to lie about it. The difference in hypocracy here is who is saying it. WHITEY can say whatever he wants, but I know Whitey is not Will, however Paulette is Paulette.

I really don't care about your arrest record or lack thereof. I personally have never been arrested or been in any kind of trouble.

As for the comment on "you and I aren't running for public office are we"? Please take the time if you wish to read my prior post as that issue is addressed. :rolleyes:

...but i would hope you care about the arrest record of the folks you want to represent you in gov't. especially when that record involves fraud. fraud is not an accident or mistake, it is a delibrate act that takes thought and planning. she can say what she wants but she for all intesive purposes plead guilty to that charge.

as for the prior post I was typing my response so I didn't see it, but i must disagree. if we the voting public should not base part of our vote on ones "less than desirable" past actions what should we base it on? there are some very intelligent serial killers in our prison system that i have no doubt could put together a campaign of great ideas - but I wouldn't vote for them.

• Like 1

I understand, but with respect, I know Will well, and he's not one to get into this sort of trouble, nor one to lie about it. The difference in hypocracy here is who is saying it. WHITEY can say whatever he wants, but I know Whitey is not Will, however Paulette is Paulette.

How dare you talk about hypocrisy on behalf of Will "I'll keep this campaign clean" Avery. I know who you are. He's kept his hands clean because he has you and the other Baker Boys feeding the information. I feel quite certain he knows exactly what's going on. What he hasn't been smart enough to figure out is that he is a pawn in the locals game.

According to his financial disclosures, he has almost no financial support from District 19 (primarily Whitey, Feelip and Pubby, with just a very few others thrown in). What interest do all of these folks from outside of Paulding have in this race? Will wants to claim he's conservative, but yet accepts all of his financial contributions from liberal PACs and groups attached the the AFL-CIO. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing conservative about that.

And to those who would compare him to Larry McDonald, I am aghast! There is no way in hell he's a Larry McDonald.

• Like 1

How dare you talk about hypocrisy on behalf of Will "I'll keep this campaign clean" Avery. I know who you are. He's kept his hands clean because he has you and the other Baker Boys feeding the information. I feel quite certain he knows exactly what's going on. What he hasn't been smart enough to figure out is that he is a pawn in the locals game.

I'm sure he knows whats going on, but I've said it before that there's a difference between "clean" and "truthful." Unclean would be going around saying that Paulette Braddock is something that she is not, or claiming things about her that are not true. Would you say that her history-- two arrests, etc., should not be disclosed to the public? I believe they deserve to know, and if you do not, then IMO your priorities are out of line.

According to his financial disclosures, he has almost no financial support from District 19 (primarily Whitey, Feelip and Pubby, with just a very few others thrown in). What interest do all of these folks from outside of Paulding have in this race? Will wants to claim he's conservative, but yet accepts all of his financial contributions from liberal PACs and groups attached the the AFL-CIO. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing conservative about that.

I am not sure as to the exact nature of his funding. I do know that contributions under $101.00 do not have to be disclosed, so maybe people are giving that way, I have no idea. To answer what people outside of Paulding have at stake, let me ask this. Why would David Ralston come to Paulding? It's obvious, on both sides-- people want to see the best candidates statewide. To top that off, I would figure that he gets money from friends that may not live in the district.

But, can I also note, that you have yet to comment on the newest issues at hand?

May I also note that I speak for nobody but myself? You seem to insinuate that I am some sort of spokesmouth for Will. A friend, sure, but if he has something to say, I trust he will say it himself.

Edited by Mr. Politics

100 hours of mandatory community service. I could see how you would want to "forget" that.

Go ahead, vote her in. I am sure that she will do us all "proud". :rolleyes:

By the way, my donations have been small and in cash. I can't afford much, but I will support the better candidate in this race.

Edited by chainshaw1

I'm sure he knows whats going on, but I've said it before that there's a difference between "clean" and "truthful." Unclean would be going around saying that Paulette Braddock is something that she is not, or claiming things about her that are not true. Would you say that her history-- two arrests, etc., should not be disclosed to the public? I believe they deserve to know, and if you do not, then IMO your priorities are out of line.

I am not sure as to the exact nature of his funding. I do know that contributions under $101.00 do not have to be disclosed, so maybe people are giving that way, I have no idea. To answer what people outside of Paulding have at stake, let me ask this. Why would David Ralston come to Paulding? It's obvious, on both sides-- people want to see the best candidates statewide. To top that off, I would figure that he gets money from friends that may not live in the district.

But, can I also note, that you have yet to comment on the newest issues at hand?

May I also note that I speak for nobody but myself? You seem to insinuate that I am some sort of spokesmouth for Will. A friend, sure, but if he has something to say, I trust he will say it himself.

David Ralston is the Speaker of the House and a republican. I'm sorry you don't understand the connection. So, no, you didn't answer. I don't know how that relates to AFL-CIO making contributions.

I've commented.

David Ralston is the Speaker of the House and a republican. I'm sorry you don't understand the connection. So, no, you didn't answer. I don't know how that relates to AFL-CIO making contributions.

I've commented.

As it relates to non-district monies, it is not surprising that state leaders on both sides would give money to their chosen candidate. I quite understand the connection.

As it relates to non-district monies, it is not surprising that state leaders on both sides would give money to their chosen candidate. I quite understand the connection.

The plain fact of the matter is that this house district race is one that is targeted race by both parties. Ralston's presence here is evidence of the state Republican's interest and we understand that the Democrats, impressed by Avery's leadership, hard work and potential to win, have targeted this race as well.

I did look up the contribution list of both candidates filed on Sept. 30th.

Ms. Braddock had one local contribution (Bolded)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ragsdale Heating & Air

418 Butler Industrial Drive

Dallas, GA 30132

David Ralston Committee, Inc.

PO Box 1196

Blue Ridge, GA 30513 David Ralston Committee, Inc.

Assoc. Builders & Contractors of Georgia, Inc.

8975 Roswell Road

Atlanta, GA 30350

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Avery's contributions: (I count seven local contributors)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason Carter Campaign Committee

562 Clifton Rd

Atlanta, GA 30307

Charles P Bradley

829 Angham Rd

Hiram, GA 30141

Sean Phillips

963 Fern Ave

Atlanta, GA 30315

Student

student 08/04/2010

Monetary

General

RJ Hadley

PO Box 83411

Conyers, GA 30013

DRIVE Committee

25 Louisiana Ave NW

Washington, DC 20001

SAMPAC (Surveyors - upon recommendation of local surveyor)

4875 Riverside Dr.

Macon, GA 31210

Abney Austin Real Estate

PO Box 947

Dallas, GA 30132

Georgia Optometric Association (through recommendation of local optometrist)

1000 Corporate Center Dr.

Morrow, GA 30260

Ken Byrd (Retired local firefighter)

PO Box 2201

Santa Rosa , FL 32459

Reynolds Public Affairs (Personal friend)

1251 Brickton Dr. NW

Atlanta, GA 30318

Emory Gordy (

PO Box 624

Dallas, GA 30132

Composer

Judy Bagby

6714 Nebo Rd

Hiram, GA 30141

UFCW Local 1996 Active ballot club

3302 McGinnis Ferry Road ste 201

Suwanne, GA 30024

IBEW Educational Committee

900 seventh Street NW

Washington, DC 20001

Georgia State AFL-CIO PAA

501 Pulliam St. SW suite 549

Atlanta, GA 30312

GILA - Consumer Credit People for Responsible Government

PO Box 802

Macon, GA 31202

Daniel Jeter

36 Cherokke Rd

Moultrie, GA 31768

Vice President

Standard Discount Corporation 09/22/2010

Rick Bentley

637 Elliott Rd

Temple, GA 30179

land surveyor

self 08/27/2010

In-Kind

Tommy Bagby

best effort

dallas, GA 30132

land scaping

self 09/09/2010

In-Kind

pubby - won contest on ganews.com for contribution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

pubby

Edited by PUBBY
edited because formatting was odd

According to the title I am supposed to be embarrassed because out of the 100K+ residents of the county someone maybe done something unethical,immoral or illegal. Why should it embarrass me?

Well for starters, Glenn Richardson, former Speaker of the House, and the person who held this seat the previous 11 years had to step down in disgrace last November after his ex-wife went public and confimed him having an affair with an Atlanta Gas Light Lobbyist for who Richardson had sponsored a bill to build AGL a new gas pipeline.

And his replacement, Daniel Stout, had to admit just after his election to replace Richardson, that he had had an affair with his ex-mother in law while his wife was pregant with their child.

And now we come to Paulette.

If you are not somewhat embarassed at the thought of Braddock representing Paulding under the Gold Dome, you should be, or at least be ashamed.

I was waiting for you to comment,I knew you would chime in sooner than later, Have you forgot how you lamblasted and critized Joey Seabolt last election on a drummed up charge that was instigated by the Republican Party, And was later dismissed after the election,You really need to walk like you talk, You aided the tax and spend adminstration when Paulette was on the school board voting for all those Bonds and tax increases

I was waiting for you to comment,I knew you would chime in sooner than later, Have you forgot how you lamblasted and critized Joey Seabolt last election on a drummed up charge that was instigated by the Republican Party, And was later dismissed after the election,You really need to walk like you talk, You aided the tax and spend adminstration when Paulette was on the school board voting for all those Bonds and tax increases

Mr. Seabolt chose paulding.com as a major campaign venue and invited questions from paulding.com members. I ask very direct questions of Mr. Seabolt which he never, by the way, answered. I have a right just as you do to ask questions. There is a HUGE difference here Whitey - Mr. Seabolt, Mr. Avery, et al chose to campaign on paulding.com, thus subjecting themselves to voter questions and inquiries.

As for comparisons Whitey - I will admit that I did ask questions and pointed out investigations against Mr. Seabolt as he was choosing to campaign on paulding.com. That is simply one instance in local races but you and a few others here continually bash MULTIPLE candidates and do this on a very regular basis.

Go back and look Whitey and what some of the Avery, et al supporters here have called other candidates - lying b......, Robber Mega Baron Developers (or whatever the heck it is that surepip calls our builder / developers in the area all the time). I could go on and on and on at the CLASSLESS remarks made by Avery supporters.

And you know what embarrasses me Whitey? It is when "some" here on paulding.com continue to lash out at others and condemn them for mistakes they have made when "some" have their own issues they need to tend to. The hypocrisy is just laughable.

Edited by Beach Bum

Go back and look Whitey and what some of the Avery, et al supporters here have called other candidates - lying b......, Robber Mega Baron Developers (or whatever the heck it is that surepip calls our builder / developers in the area all the time). I could go on and on and on at the CLASSLESS remarks made by Avery supporters.

And you know what embarrasses me Whitey? It is when "some" here on paulding.com continue to lash out at others and condemn them for mistakes they have made when "some" have their own issues they need to tend to. The hypocrisy is just laughable.

I would agree that people on BOTH SIDES have made some classless remarks. If I was one of them, I apologize, because I only mean well. That being said, let's not do some pot and kettle action here.

Mr. Seabolt chose paulding.com as a major campaign venue and invited questions from paulding.com members. I ask very direct questions of Mr. Seabolt which he never, by the way, answered. I have a right just as you do to ask questions. There is a HUGE difference here Whitey - Mr. Seabolt, Mr. Avery, et al have choseto campaign on paulding.com, thus subjecting themselves to voter questions and inquiries.

As for comparisons Whitey - I will admit that I did ask questions and pointed out investigations against Mr. Seabolt as he was choosing to campaign on paulding.com. That is simply one instance in local races but you and a few others here continually bash MULTIPLE candidates and do this on a very regular basis.

Yep, doing your usual bait and switch,You should know by now I do not fall for that crap.

This thread is about Paulette and her arrest record and bankruptcy as reported by the AJC, Has/Had nothing to do with me, I am quite embarassed that she would bring more shame on district 19 citizens. I am not running for office Paulette is, The Republican Party of Paulding County should ask her to withdraw from the race. The Tea Party of Paulding County should withdraw their support,She is no conservative, Going to a rally and having your picture taken with Sarah Palin, And using that photo to imply support from Sarah is another issue that she should be ashamed of

I would agree that people on BOTH SIDES have made some classless remarks. If I was one of them, I apologize, because I only mean well. That being said, let's not do some pot and kettle action here.

I agree; however, as a person who has chosen not to vote for anyone in this particular race, I have been very objective in reading the posts of both sides. I think it is very, very fair to say that the Avery supporters have exhibited FAR less class (not talking about you personally Mr. Politics). I mean really, go back and just look at some of the remarks.........

Yep, doing your usual bait and switch,You should know by now I do not fall for that crap.

This thread is about Paulette and her arrest record and bankruptcy as reported by the AJC, Has/Had nothing to do with me, I am quite embarassed that she would bring more shame on district 19 citizens. I am not running for office Paulette is, The Republican Party of Paulding County should ask her to withdraw from the race. The Tea Party of Paulding County should withdraw their support,She is no conservative, Going to a rally and having your picture taken with Sarah Palin, And using that photo to imply support from Sarah is another issue that she should be ashamed of

Keep on with the attacks Whitey. Why not just use substance in your posts? Why not tell us why we should vote for Avery instead of just constantly attacking his opponent?

Mistake? Changing the dates on receipts in order to attempt to make an insurance company pay a denied charge is a CRIME, not a mistake.

Give it up BeachBum.

According to the title I am supposed to be embarrassed because out of the 100K+ residents of the county someone maybe done something unethical,immoral or illegal. Why should it embarrass me?

Because it might make all of us in Dist. 19 look like a bunch of buffoons if she's elected and then goes on to do more stupid things???

I have learned two things that will disarm someone who's attacking you: 1) say "I forgot" and 2) say "I'm sorry". I haven't heard # 2 coming from anywhere regarding stupid things she did when she was younger. I'm sure that she is a very likeable person. She didn't come a-knockin' on my door asking for votes, so I'd still like to see the debate happen before the next 3 weeks. But since I already voted, I can't change my mind ---- but hubby can!!! (at the risk of a broken arm :D )

I agree; however, as a person who has chosen not to vote for anyone in this particular race, I have been very objective in reading the posts of both sides. I think it is very, very fair to say that the Avery supporters have exhibited FAR less class (not talking about you personally Mr. Politics). I mean really, go back and just look at some of the remarks.........

Beach, the ONLY thing that anyone can say against Will is that he is a Democrat. And believe me, it has been said time after time.

Paulette has not been forthright. Paulette has actually been extremely sneaky, extremely arrogant and has tried to back into this seat by counting on a bunch of dumbed down voters to put her in her rightful (in her opinion) position.

Are you suggesting that people should NOT mention that she was indicted on a felony charges?

If I purchase something there is a mysterious 1B generated? How? Does he mean that he will drop taxes 1B for all and then generate 1B via another "revenue stream?"

Not my candidate. I am in a different district.

Whitey has along history of hating taxes - but he can live with an additional "revenue stream."

I'm thinking you're not understanding the issue here. The "revenue stream" is already there because the state sales tax already exists.This is a different way of collecting those taxes so the money actually makes it to the state instead of in the business' off-the-books bank account.

Keep on with the attacks Whitey. Why not just use substance in your posts? Why not tell us why we should vote for Avery instead of just constantly attacking his opponent?

Why vote for Avery? Well, he has not been arrested even once. He has not had a felony problem. He has real solutions to collect more taxes that are currently being skimmed of the top by businesses (as Alabama already proved was being done). He has fresh ideas, not platitudes that he is a "tea party conservative." He knows about history. He can discuss various topics intellectually.

None of those things Paulette can do.

• Like 1

What attacks? Everything posted is a fact that this joke of a "public offical" has admitted to. That isn't an attack.

Not a chance! :lol:

Hey! Good to see you back. There wre rumors that you might have followed some of the Republicans that decided to walk the p.com plank.

Hope you and yours are well.

Okay, back to the fight. :D

Edited to fix the redneck phrasing. :blink:

Why vote for Avery? Well, he has not been arrested even once. He has not had a felony problem. He has real solutions to collect more taxes that are currently being skimmed of the top by businesses (as Alabama already proved was being done). He has fresh ideas, not platitudes that he is a "tea party conservative." He knows about history. He can discuss various topics intellectually.

None of those things Paulette can do.

And he can keep his shoes on his feet while at the Capitol qualifying to run for the district 19 seat. Something Paulette had a problem doing last April.

And to those who would compare him to Larry McDonald, I am aghast! There is no way in hell he's a Larry McDonald.

Who compared him to Larry McDonald? The Sound Guy and I were discussing voting for McDonald as a Democrat in that other thread, but I don't believe either of us compared Avery to McDonald. I don't know enough about Avery to make a call like that, and he obviously doesn't have a record to track yet. I am voting for him because of the two candidates, my opinion is that he has a better grasp of what's going on and what we need. I may feel differently in two years (if he wins this one), and if I do, I'll vote for his opponent.

Emory Gordy (

PO Box 624

Dallas, GA 30132

Composer

Sorry to hijack, but Emory Gordy lives here? Isn't he married to Patty Loveless (I love her)?

I think that the interest in the teat party has all kinds of yahoos jumping on the bandwagon. Many of them are opportunists looking to bilk the system however they can. There's a bunch of scoundrels in the mix - more than usual this time, it seems.

One reality looms large: There is no Teat Party! It's just Republicans Rebranding.

No doubt that a woman who would assault her husband with scissors has a screw or two loose. She filed a false claim. She'll fit in perfectly with the Republican Scoundrels that have plagued our nation. The foundation of our nation is crumbling while neoknotheads keep voting for yahoos. Governments aren't meant to last forever, I guess. The shameful array of "candidates" that the Republicans casually throw out there will hasten the day of reckoning.

How long? Not long!