Paulding.com

1999 Felony Insurance Fraud arrest surfaces in Braddock's background

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you run for office you will have to be on the Democratic ticket. You couldn't qualify on the Republican ticket.

The district 19 seat is and has been full of embarassement for Paulding for years.   Richardson's escapades had long been in the media, and even with the continual denials it was and still is an emb

Raise your hand if it was for a form of tax fraud and you now want people to trust you with their tax dollars.     Forgiveness is not the same as forgetfullness and not looking at the past is what

First, I do NOT know what the law read in 1999 (or 1998) but I don't know why anyone would expect me to know it since I am not the one that used it as a source of information. Second, my point is simply that information should be accurate and verified when posted by anyone who is attempting to sway another's opinion about a third party.

I took the Cobb County police record that was posted by Pubby as face value, I logged onto the Cobb County DA's web site, and took that information as face value.

Paulette, according to the information posted was indicted, And a trial date was set. Through her attorney she got a pre trial diversion case closed you decide why Paulette did this, I personally think she was guilty as charged =@

I took the Cobb County police record that was posted by Pubby as face value, I logged onto the Cobb County DA's web site, and took that information as face value.

Paulette, according to the information posted was indicted, And a trial date was set. Through her attorney she got a pre trial diversion case closed you decide why Paulette did this, I personally think she was guilty as charged =@

I have not had a chance to read everything yet, I just got a chance to get on here, but someone could take a pre trial diversion to also avoid the toll a trial would take on their family. Since it would not be a felony conviction I could see someone doing that for the sake of their families. Also a trail would cost someone a lot more out of pocket that they might not have so that could also be a valid reason.

Is this the first time this has been brought to light? No other time she was running was it brought up? (asking...I have no clue!)

• Like 1

I have not had a chance to read everything yet, I just got a chance to get on here, but someone could take a pre trial diversion to also avoid the toll a trial would take on their family. Since it would not be a felony conviction I could see someone doing that for the sake of their families. Also a trail would cost someone a lot more out of pocket that they might not have so that could also be a valid reason.

Is this the first time this has been brought to light? No other time she was running was it brought up? (asking...I have no clue!)

If she believed in her innocence, then she should have gone through with a trial. However, and this is the big one, in order to participate in a diversion program, one must enter a GUILTY plea. There's really no way around this one.

If you run for office you will have to be on the Democratic ticket. You couldn't qualify on the Republican ticket. :D

i just got home and saw it so I didn't hit the minus... I will hit q plusw for ya to help ya out;.

but I could not ever go democrat...that would be the death of my daddy...lol

Come on now, is that the best you can do ?

If she could not afford a lawyer to defend her, the court would appoint one for a felony charge. "NOLO" pleas are generally for a first offense where you are guilty as hell, but the court lets you take the NOLO plead in a first offense. DUIs are often pleaded out with a NOLO.

Sorry, but this is another case of not properly vetting the candidate.

Bottom line is the local GOP felt all they had to do was win the primary, and walk away with the seat as they have done for the previous 12 years.

Mr Avery has shown himself to be tenacious and a hard worker pounding on doors, and in the process people have been coming out of the woodwork with various tidbits of information on Braddock. All of this past events in Braddocks career should have been known by the voters in July just as they should have known about Stout's indiscretions ahead of time.

My biggest issue with Braddock is her false "Tea Party Conservative" rhetoric. She voted for 8 consecutive annual tax increases for the BOE, 2 ESPLOSTs, and 2 Bond referendums. How in the hell can she call herself a conservative. From my time spent with Will Avery to date, he is a true conservative running as a Dem, just like ALL our politicians did in Georgia until 2000.

after hearing Will Avery and speaking with him today... i will be voting for my FIRST DEm.. ummm DEMO... ERRRR... DEMOCRAT EVER!!!!!! GULP... Seriously though.. he won my respect and was a great person to listen too. Plus i couldnt honestly vote for Paulette for anything.

It'll be ok...I voted for a Democrat one time, and I didn't fall over dead. :D (Actually, I think I've voted for two or three, but the last one I remember was our beloved Sen. Zell Miller. What a great guy.)

In the past election it did come to light and was discussed around various meetings,Not sure if it was ever posted on p.com.

There are other reasons for a pre trial diversion plea. Insurance Fraud is a felony carrying a maxium sentence of 5 years in prison,along with a sizeable fine,Plus it would be on her record for the rest of her life,And she would lose a lot of rights that a non felon enjoys.

Insurance Fraud IS a felony.

It'll be ok...I voted for a Democrat one time, and I didn't fall over dead. :D (Actually, I think I've voted for two or three, but the last one I remember was our beloved Sen. Zell Miller. What a great guy.)

Sam Nunn was a keeper as well, as were many of our Dixiecrats. What alot of today's Republicans don't know or realize is there were no Democrats to speak of in State or Local politics until the past 10 years.

Thurmond, Richard Russell, the Bakers from Tennessee, Connelly and Johnson from Texas and many more on the national scene who were not liberal lefty Dems.

What we are seeing here, and elsewhere in this election cycle with those who truly believe in the the Tea Party movement is a rejection of what have become false Republicans or RINOS.

And from where I sit, Paulette is indeed a RINO. Her voting record outs her.

I am grateful Will Avery chose to run so there is another choice come November and after spending time speaking with him on many occaisions now I know he is far more conservative than Paulette, and many other RINOS.

• Like 1

Good grief people. I still have not had a chance to read everything, but let me try to reply to those that quoted me.

If she believed in her innocence, then she should have gone through with a trial. However, and this is the big one, in order to participate in a diversion program, one must enter a GUILTY plea. There's really no way around this one.

Many people do avoid a trail and the stress financially and emotionally and plead out. :pardon: Happens all the time Mr. Politics.

Come on now, is that the best you can do ?

If she could not afford a lawyer to defend her, the court would appoint one for a felony charge. "NOLO" pleas are generally for a first offense where you are guilty as hell, but the court lets you take the NOLO plead in a first offense. DUIs are often pleaded out with a NOLO.

Sorry, but this is another case of not properly vetting the candidate.

Bottom line is the local GOP felt all they had to do was win the primary, and walk away with the seat as they have done for the previous 12 years.

Mr Avery has shown himself to be tenacious and a hard worker pounding on doors, and in the process people have been coming out of the woodwork with various tidbits of information on Braddock. All of this past events in Braddocks career should have been known by the voters in July just as they should have known about Stout's indiscretions ahead of time.

My biggest issue with Braddock is her false "Tea Party Conservative" rhetoric. She voted for 8 consecutive annual tax increases for the BOE, 2 ESPLOSTs, and 2 Bond referendums. How in the hell can she call herself a conservative. From my time spent with Will Avery to date, he is a true conservative running as a Dem, just like ALL our politicians did in Georgia until 2000.

First look first benefit of the doubt given. Don't be such a jerk to me. It really is unbecoming of an older gentleman.

In the past election it did come to light and was discussed around various meetings,Not sure if it was ever posted on p.com.

There are other reasons for a pre trial diversion plea. Insurance Fraud is a felony carrying a maxium sentence of 5 years in prison,along with a sizeable fine,Plus it would be on her record for the rest of her life,And she would lose a lot of rights that a non felon enjoys.

Hmm, so it was okay back then? Why would it not bother any one enough to bring it out into the open the?

Your theory is also a valid possibility. That you for answering my questions Whitey.

Insurance Fraud IS a felony.

Feelip but she does not HAVE a felony conviction, does she?

Edited by bellaprincess

I do not want to play in this sandbox (thread) no more... you people need some chill pills , midol and maybe even a drink to loosen up

the answer here is simple... if you like her then vote for her. If you don't like her then vote for some else. If you do not vote or she isn't in your district then hush

I guess we will find out the answer in less than a month!!!

Good grief people. I still have not had a chance to read everything, but let me try to reply to those that quoted me.

Feelip but she does not HAVE a felony conviction, does she?

I said Insurance Fraud is a felony. By going the trial diviersion route she was able to admit guilt and keep the felony charge off of her record. Doesn't mean she didn't COMMIT a felony AND plead guilty to it. It just means that the court gave her a break.

It is still proof positive that she is not someone that I want representing me. She IS NOT a conservative in any twisted definition of the word. She isn't even trustworthy and she is dumb as hell to boot.

Actually, part of the deal in pre-trial diversion is that you don't have to formally enter a guilty plea; you just have to agree and admit your guilt, pay whatever fine, fees and punishment (community service) specified in the deal.

Here are the formal guidelines:

Acceptance into the Diversion Program will generally be based upon the following eligibility criteria:

1) The Victim's response to the Defendant's petition for Diversion.

2) Only offenders with no other criminal record will be eligible for program participation.

3) Offenders must be at least 17 years of age and voluntarily petition the District Attorney

requesting consideration for participation in the Diversion Program.

4) Unless unusual circumstances prevail, offenders must be residents of Cobb County. Some exceptions would be, the offender is returning home to family, a job out of state, or going away to school.

5) The case against the offender must be prosecutable.

6) As a rule, offenders must be gainfully employed or a full-time student. (An exception to this would be a homemaker who would not be required to obtain full-time employment.)

7) Offenders must be of a stable mind and have a stable place of residence.

8) Offenders must agree to sign forms waiving their right to:

a) Grand Jury indictment;

B) certain Constitutional rights including the right to a speedy trial;

c) maintain confidential information such as juvenile records (such records are needed for the purpose of eligibility investigation)

and the Offender must admit guilt.

9) Offenders must agree to perform specified hours of community service (not to exceed 200 hours) be supervised for reasonable periods of time which will be determined by the nature of their crimes and an evaluation of their program participation. (Offenders will be required to enter into a contractual agreement outlining the conditions of their participation in order for their petition to receive consideration.)

pubby

Actually, part of the deal in pre-trial diversion is that you don't have to formally enter a guilty plea; you just have to agree and admit your guilt, pay whatever fine, fees and punishment (community service) specified in the deal.

Here are the formal guidelines:

pubby

No contention, but I just want to point out that emoticons popped up randomly. I think I know why, but it makes looking at laws MUUUUCH more interesting.

Funny how in both of her crimes, she received special treatment. Kinda like the Paris Hilton (rich people) justice system. She must be above the law and doesn't have to face the same legal system that we would have to endure if we did the same crime.

I don't know, I just think it's horrible that someone would reach so far to try and discredit someone. I think taking up for her is just my way of saying low blows are disgusting. I want to see a candidate win on his/her merits not how much worse their opponent is. mellow.gif

Remember a lot of the people voted for Stout, who didn't bother to let any one know about his indiscretions before he was sent to finish out Richardson's term. Many of these people that are trying to destroy Paulette actually supported Stout. Funny these few think they get to pick and choose who's the worst. wink.gif

Honesty is the best policy, Paulette really needs to come out and tell us the entire truth about this stuff BEFORE the election. Skeletons have a way of rattling their bones even when they've been in the closet a long time.

I'd like to hear her side of this. wink.gif

Wasn't there something about her and a high school kid asked to pose naked behind a guitar?anyone remember that?

But you are only a felon if convicted of a felony. There is no conviction in this case, just "white collar" justice and a promise to do better next time.

She admitted guilt to a felony charge in order to get a pretrial diversion. Split all the hairs you would like to split but there is no making caviar out of this pile of cow sheeze.

I just want to know why it's necessary to paint a candidate as a criminal. Is that the only way Will can expect to win?? Why can't he win on his merits?? On his promises?? On his character?? Why do his supporters continue to bash his opponent instead of touting his accomplishments?? Or is it because those accomplishments might be a little limited??

Remember when the last candidate with little experience was elected, all the while bashing his opponent?? He now has a history and he's tanking. Change ia good, but good change is better. ;)

• Like 2

I just want to know why it's necessary to paint a candidate as a criminal. Is that the only way Will can expect to win?? Why can't he win on his merits?? On his promises?? On his character?? Why do his supporters continue to bash his opponent instead of touting his accomplishments?? Or is it because those accomplishments might be a little limited??

Remember when the last candidate with little experience was elected, all the while bashing his opponent?? He now has a history and he's tanking. Change ia good, but good change is better. ;)

NG, it is pitiful to try to blame others for her crime. This was no mistake. The court records said that dates were altered on receipts. That no mistake, that is down right stealing.

You want her, you vote for her. Oh that's right, you can't vote for her can you?

Where's your two comrades? Even they don't want to try to explain this one away.

By the way, I'm hearing Will knocked a home run at the "debate" today. He is working for the seat while Paulette is cruising. Is that the kind of employees you have working for your company? I know I can't afford it.

NG, it is pitiful to try to blame others for her crime. This was no mistake. The court records said that dates were altered on receipts. That no mistake, that is down right stealing.

You want her, you vote for her. Oh that's right, you can't vote for her can you?

Where's your two comrades? Even they don't want to try to explain this one away.

By the way, I'm hearing Will knocked a home run at the "debate" today. He is working for the seat while Paulette is cruising. Is that the kind of employees you have working for your company? I know I can't afford it.

No I can't vote in that district but since I live in Paulding it will have a big impact on what does or doesn't get done here. OK so Will is a nice guy, what experience does he bring to the table to represent District 19??

All I can say is thank goodness for Bill Heath, he's had my vote from day one!! ;)

No I can't vote in that district but since I live in Paulding it will have a big impact on what does or doesn't get done here. OK so Will is a nice guy, what experience does he bring to the table to represent District 19??

All I can say is thank goodness for Bill Heath, he's had my vote from day one!! ;)

Funny you should mention Mr. Heath because I'm hearing that he was out-classed at the COC today. Why don't you ask Mr. Heath about Will's abilities.

No experience with the ability to do what is right and good for your constituents is preferable to someone that can't be trusted. And if Paulette could be trusted, just what could she bring? Ditzy just isn't impressive.

• Like 1

The district 19 seat is and has been full of embarassement for Paulding for years.

Richardson's escapades had long been in the media, and even with the continual denials it was and still is an embarassment for us in the county. It took Dale Russell with Fox5 and Richarson's ex wife to finally push him out even though it was common knowledge under the Gold Dome as to what was going on.

So we replace him in a special election with Daniel Stout. A bit far to the right for me, and like Feelip said, don't put beer in my cheerios, and leave religion out of politics. None the less, another embarassement for his constituents.

And now we have Paulette:

Again, the religion on the sleeve and pro this and that. Political grandstanding to the Nth degree.

Insurance Fraud indicted as a felony: Plea bargained to a "Nolo" with 100 hours of community service and fines. Had she not plea bargained she would not be eligible to run. Convicted felons cannot run for office.

Domestic violence and the police reports state she cut her now ex on the head with scissors. And scratched up his arm. Somehow the laceration on the head got lost in the conversations.

Bankruptcy of her business in 2007. To the tunes of hundreds of thousands. How many of the local creditors got burned on this ?

Xerox refused their settlement in the bankruptcy and have pending litigation in the Federal Civil courts for $700,000+. Yet Paulette is using her "entreprenurial experience" as a basis to be elected to the seat. Say What ?

She served 8 years on the BoE. Missed 40+ meetings and 250+ votes during her tenure. Yet chastised Stout for missing votes in his half term in the legislature. Pot calling kettle black ? I believe if you check the records for the past 2 years you will see Kim Cobb her replacement on the BOE has missed ZERO meetings and votes. Enough said there.

During those 8 years she voted to approve 8 out of 8 tax increases for the homeowners, along with 2 EPLOST votes and 2 Bond referendum approvals. Yet she is running as a Tea Party Conservative ? Excuse me but this is taking the RINO, Republican in Name Only a bit to the extreme. Paulette has demonstrated by her votes her lack of conservative values. Hard to argue with her voting record on the BOE when she bothered to show up to vote.

Ethics violations left and right. And I still have a hard time with her 4th of July weekend fund raiser selling smoked pork at 120 & 92, yet she sold NONE ? Her ads say all proceeds going to her campaign, yet her disclosures state ZERO money donated from July 1 to August 17, and nothing much to speak of after that. By her disclosures I have to assume they just gave the BBQ away for free ? Come on now, what is the deal here.

Thousands of dollars of mailers sent out by her marketing company during July and August, but nothing discosed on the campaign disclosure forms. Just who did pay for those mailers and why are they not disclosed as in kind contributions from her company, which if they were disclosed are far over the allowable ceilings?

Again, is this not just ignoring the ethics laws concerning those running for elected office ?

Paulette is making Deal look like a saint, just with smaller numbers.

Vote for Paulette [and Jerry Shearin, Virginia Galloway and the rest of the old local GOP handlers] if that is your choice. But do so knowing exactly WHAT you are voting for. Paulette is indeed a RINO in Red, but in name only. She is NOT a Conservative by any means and will bring more RINO tax and spend politics for Paulding and the State.

Will Avery is an ultra moderate conservative compared to RINO Braddock and will bring a new era to Paulding Politics much overdue. Time to send the last of the old crowd packing and sending Will Avery downtown instead of Paulette will be a great first step.

I just have a really hard time understanding the ultra-Partisan rhetoric of elect the "R" just because they are an "R". Richardson, Sonny and company have been running the show in Georgia the past 8 years and what do they have to show for it other than their partisan BS. What have they done for us, the voter/taxpayers ?

Forget the party, and support the candidate best suited for the job. Will Avery has shown himself to be that candidate over and over again.

• Like 6

Funny you should mention Mr. Heath because I'm hearing that he was out-classed at the COC today. Why don't you ask Mr. Heath about Will's abilities.

No experience with the ability to do what is right and good for your constituents is preferable to someone that can't be trusted. And if Paulette could be trusted, just what could she bring? Ditzy just isn't impressive.

I will ask Mr, Heath about that. Why do you continue to spew gossip?? "You heard"???? Besides I never said anything about class but now that you bring it up. :lol:

Sorry, when you have to choose between two devils, I'll take the devil I know. ;)

• Like 1

I will ask Mr, Heath about that. Why do you continue to spew gossip?? "You heard"???? Besides I never said anything about class but now that you bring it up. :lol:

Sorry, when you have to choose between two devils, I'll take the devil I know. ;)

No worry about 'you heard' ... you'll hear. Pcom will be posting the debate sometime tomorrow.

pubby

PS: I thought Will did quite good showing a more intimate grasp of the local issues than did either Heath or Heath's challenger. I did overhear a chamber member talking in the parking lot and criticizing Sen. Heath's responses saying he never answered the questions.

I just wonder what a politician has to do to lose support of their party and their voters? Do they have to murder their entire family for people to actually realize and admit that their candidate isn't worthy of their vote or of the privilege and responsibility that they are given to make decisions for the whole?

I don't care if you are a Democrat or a Republican, so many people are blinded by party lines, that they don't see the candidate that is actually running, they only see the party and vote that way, do or die. I will never get it.

• Like 1

I just wonder what a politician has to do to lose support of their party and their voters? Do they have to murder their entire family for people to actually realize and admit that their candidate isn't worthy of their vote or of the privilege and responsibility that they are given to make decisions for the whole?

I don't care if you are a Democrat or a Republican, so many people are blinded by party lines, that they don't see the candidate that is actually running, they only see the party and vote that way, do or die. I will never get it.

Don't pay there dues$$$

Remember when the last candidate with little experience was elected, all the while bashing his opponent?? He now has a history and he's tanking. Change ia good, but good change is better. wink.gif

Were you Jerry's secretary?blush.gif

Since you mentioned it, where are your buddies? :lol:

Mo3, I cannot bring myself to vote for anyone that is affiliated with the Welfare Party. I have never voted a straight ticket, I won't this time. If I do not believe in the Republican candidate, I will vote for a third party or not vote in that race at all.

I cannot bring myself to vote for anyone that has a D next to their name, not right now, not during these horrible economic times.

So if that is considered being blinded by party lines, so be it. ;)

To those who claim to be waiting to hear from me:

What do you want to hear? That I've had an epiphany and will now vote for Will Avery? No, that didn't happen. I still don't trust him and his democrat-caucus and liberal-funded campaign. So, Fabulous Five, it's a good thing y'all have Dustin to do your dirty work because your complete lack of knowledge of how our legal system works should shame you. Pubby may have been served well to utilize Dustin's services. His lack of knowledge was showing too. And his downright lies are shameful as well. He knows she's not out of town, he called her earlier this week for a comment on the prior "story". Mr. Politics, you may believe that you have kept Will's hands clean, but you haven't. His offer of a clean campaign is pure smoke and mirrors, as well as his obvious absence from paulding.com.

And, no, I didn't know.

• Like 2

My dad has been a die-hard Republican, with one exception... he used to vote each election in the Democratic Primary if Larry McDonald had an opponent just so he could vote him in the general election for years until the Russians shot down the airliner that Larry was in.

Larry was a super conservative Democrat if there ever was one.

During his tenure in office, Congressman McDonald always scored a solid 100 percent in “The Conservative Index,” then published in The Review Of The News (the predecessor to The New American). McDonald also scored a 100 percent rating from Americans for Conservative Action and 100 percent “rating from the National Conservative Political Action Committee’s (NCPAC) “Conservative Index.”

When voting on an issue he always asked himself the following three questions:

(1) Is it Constitutional?

(2) Do we need it?

(3) Can we afford it?

Given these strict standards, it should come as no surprise that he voted “No” a great many times. At the 50th Anniversary celebration of The John Birch Society, Congressman Ron Paul stated that there have been two “Dr. No’s” in the House, referring to himself and to his dear friend Larry McDonald. Both Dr. McDonald and Dr. Paul, cast the only "No" votes for the Swine Flu Vaccination Program of 1976, signed by President Gerald Ford. It was later revealed that the vaccinations resulted in 500 cases of Guillain–Barré syndrome and 25 deaths.

Source

My dad has been a die-hard Republican, with one exception... he used to vote each election in the Democratic Primary if Larry McDonald had an opponent just so he could vote him in the general election for years until the Russians shot down the airliner that Larry was in.

Larry was a super conservative Democrat if there ever was one.

I knew I was forgetting somebody! Larry McDonald was an awesome man...that was a travesty that went unanswered. One of the few things I massively disagreed with President Reagan about.

Larry McDonald had a tremendous political future in front of him and his death was a loss to the citizens of Georgia and the country.

He was a bit to right side of everything when it came to conservative values as were many of our old Dixiecrats.