Paulding.com

1999 Felony Insurance Fraud arrest surfaces in Braddock's background

Larry McDonald had a tremendous political future in front of him and his death was a loss to the citizens of Georgia and the country.

He was a bit to right side of everything when it came to conservative values as were many of our old Dixiecrats.

Surepip I agree the old Dixiecrats were OK once they got through the Civil Rights movement. But they are no longer involved, Nathan Dean and Tom Murphy were the last of them in Georgia. Dixiecrats no longer exist, they aren't even close to this group of Progressive Dems that want to control our every move. We're too stoopid to know what is good for us, they know best. ;)

• Like 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you run for office you will have to be on the Democratic ticket. You couldn't qualify on the Republican ticket.

The district 19 seat is and has been full of embarassement for Paulding for years.   Richardson's escapades had long been in the media, and even with the continual denials it was and still is an emb

Raise your hand if it was for a form of tax fraud and you now want people to trust you with their tax dollars.     Forgiveness is not the same as forgetfullness and not looking at the past is what

Surepip I agree the old Dixiecrats were OK once they got through the Civil Rights movement. But they are no longer involved, Nathan Dean and Tom Murphy were the last of them in Georgia. Dixiecrats no longer exist, they aren't even close to this group of Progressive Dems that want to control our every move. We're too stoopid to know what is good for us, they know best. ;)

I disagree, and Will Avery is a good example of new blood with fresh ideas coming from the Democratic Party. Hopefully if enough of those who are indeed conservative come up from the Democrats they can bring the party back to a more moderate position nationwide. Carol Porter as well as Dubose Porter also push a more conservative agenda.

The Tea Party movement proves there is a desire nationwide for conservative leaning politicians to step forward in both parties and there are many places, like Paulding where the old Republican Guard in control are nothing more than RINOS who run on a Republican ticket purely to obtain the "R" next to their name without being conservative at all.

And Paulette Braddock is a classic example of these RINOS.

I absolutely LOVED Larry McDonald! I wasn't old enough to vote for him (although he garnered a lot of votes from my family), but I sure pounded a lot of stakes and delivered a lot of signs for him. I had the pleasure of hearing him speak more than once. What a terrible loss that was to Georgia and our country.

I'm glad you brought up Larry McDonald, what a wonderful man and politician whose life was cut way too short. He was a great asset to Georgia.

Lawrence Patton McDonald, M.D. (April 1, 1935 – September 1, 1983) was an American politician and a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing the seventh congressional district of Georgia as a Democrat. He was a passenger on board Korean Air Lines Flight 007 shot down by Soviet interceptors and presumed dead. He was a cousin of General George S. Patton.[1] McDonald was the only sitting member of Congress killed by the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

McDonald—who considered himself a traditional Democrat "cut from the cloth of Jefferson and Jackson"[6]—was known for his conservative views, even by Southern standards. In fact, one scoring method published in the American Journal of Political Science[7] named him the second most conservative member of either chamber of Congress between 1937 and 2002 (behind only Ron Paul).[8] The American Conservative Union gave him a perfect score of 100 every year he was in the House of Representatives, except in 1978, when he scored a 95.[9] He also scored "perfect or near perfect ratings" on the congressional scorecards of the National Right to Life Committee, Gun Owners of America, and the American Security Council.[10] Referred to by The New American as "the leading anti-Communist in Congress",[10] McDonald admired Senator Joseph McCarthy[11] and was a member of the Joseph McCarthy Foundation.[3] He took the communist threat seriously and considered it an international conspiracy. An admirer of Austrian economics and a member of the Ludwig von Mises Institute,[3] he was an advocate of tight monetary policy in the late 1970s to get the economy out of stagflation, and advocated returning to the gold standard.[12] McDonald called the welfare state a "disaster"[13] and favored phasing control of the Great Society programs over to the states to operate and run.[14] He also favored cuts to foreign aid, saying "To me, foreign aid is an area that you not only can cut but you could take a chainsaw to in terms of reductions."[14]

On September 1, 1983, McDonald and the rest of the passengers and crew of KAL 007 were killed when Soviet fighters, under the command of Gen. Anatoly Kornukov, shot down KAL 007 near Moneron Island after the plane entered Soviet airspace.

LINK

We should all hope that Will Avery could live up to such standards and I'm willing to give hime a try.

We're actually headed out this morning to vote early. :)

WILL AVERY you have my VOTE!!

Come on now, is that the best you can do ?

If she could not afford a lawyer to defend her, the court would appoint one for a felony charge. "NOLO" pleas are generally for a first offense where you are guilty as hell, but the court lets you take the NOLO plead in a first offense. DUIs are often pleaded out with a NOLO.

Sorry, but this is another case of not properly vetting the candidate.

Bottom line is the local GOP felt all they had to do was win the primary, and walk away with the seat as they have done for the previous 12 years.

Mr Avery has shown himself to be tenacious and a hard worker pounding on doors, and in the process people have been coming out of the woodwork with various tidbits of information on Braddock. All of this past events in Braddocks career should have been known by the voters in July just as they should have known about Stout's indiscretions ahead of time.

My biggest issue with Braddock is her false "Tea Party Conservative" rhetoric. She voted for 8 consecutive annual tax increases for the BOE, 2 ESPLOSTs, and 2 Bond referendums. How in the hell can she call herself a conservative. From my time spent with Will Avery to date, he is a true conservative running as a Dem, just like ALL our politicians did in Georgia until 2000.

I am a little late joining this discussion, but I have to throw in this reminder - Hello??? Paulette was being featured the same year as the "Millionaire Next Door". With her being a "Millionaire", then why didn't she pay a good attorney to defend her "Good" name, if she were innocent? When it comes to my Good name, and how I was raised, I would do whatever it took to protect my name and my reputation if I were innocent. Even if it meant going broke.

I just won't be a bit surprised if there turn out to be more skeletons in the closet. The bottom line for me is, I want a good, "HONEST" and decent person representing our county. One that wants to do what is right and what is best for me and my family!! We need people with integrity!!!!

Just keep in mind everyone, that whomever we all put in office - their decisions will be a reflection on each and everyone of us. As my Mamma always said to me - "I better never bring embarrassment to the family name!" I wish more people would keep that same idea in mind when voting for the people that are going to represent Paulding. Let's vote for people that will not embarrass us any longer!

• Like 2

Did Paulette give her interview with Galloway/AJC by cell phone from the cruise ship ?

As I recall she had to renege on the Chamber of Commerce invite for yesterday's event because she was going to be out of town on a cruise she was already committed to take in the midst of her campaign. I have to wonder if she will have to take a vacation in the middle of March and miss a couple of weeks of the Legislative Session as well ???

The "Trumped up Charges" line is a cowardly way out.

If she could not stand up and fight to defend herself, how is she going to stand up and fight for the citizens of Paulding.

And enough with the Tea Party rhetoric Paulette.

Either own up to your 8 out of 8 tax increase votes and tell us how you have changed, or stop with the conservative BS slogans. Let's hear something of substance.

Did Paulette give her interview with Galloway/AJC by cell phone from the cruise ship ?

As I recall she had to renege on the Chamber of Commerce invite for yesterday's event because she was going to be out of town on a cruise she was already committed to take in the midst of her campaign. I have to wonder if she will have to take a vacation in the middle of March and miss a couple of weeks of the Legislative Session as well ???

The "Trumped up Charges" line is a cowardly way out.

If she could not stand up and fight to defend herself, how is she going to stand up and fight for the citizens of Paulding.

And enough with the Tea Party rhetoric Paulette.

Either own up to your 8 out of 8 tax increase votes and tell us how you have changed, or stop with the conservative BS slogans. Let's hear something of substance.

I will be honest. I have "forgotten" what clothes I wore yesterday, and I have "forgotten" where I have placed my shoes.

Thank the Lord I have never been arrested, and all of my dealings with law enforcement have been cordial and fine, but I can insist without any question that if I were ever arrested, much less arrested TWICE, it would not be something I would forget.

It is the height of irresponsibility to "forget" about your misdeeds in the past, because once you forget, you also stop learning from your mistakes to make you a better person for the future. That, in my opinion, is the true crime here.

To those who claim to be waiting to hear from me:

What do you want to hear? That I've had an epiphany and will now vote for Will Avery? No, that didn't happen. I still don't trust him and his democrat-caucus and liberal-funded campaign. So, Fabulous Five, it's a good thing y'all have Dustin to do your dirty work because your complete lack of knowledge of how our legal system works should shame you. Pubby may have been served well to utilize Dustin's services. His lack of knowledge was showing too. And his downright lies are shameful as well. He knows she's not out of town, he called her earlier this week for a comment on the prior "story". Mr. Politics, you may believe that you have kept Will's hands clean, but you haven't. His offer of a clean campaign is pure smoke and mirrors, as well as his obvious absence from paulding.com.

And, no, I didn't know.

That's right Madea! Blame us for Paulette being a damned idiot.

It would be more noble to just admit you were wrong about Paulette than to try to slam Will. ;)

That's right Madea! Blame us for Paulette being a damned idiot.

It would be more noble to just admit you were wrong about Paulette than to try to slam Will. wink.gif

I have not blamed you (or anyone else) for her mistakes. I was simply pointing out that I have no intention of voting for Will Avery and I gave you the reasons why. I even admitted that I did not know.

I have not blamed you (or anyone else) for her mistakes. I was simply pointing out that I have no intention of voting for Will Avery and I gave you the reasons why. I even admitted that I did not know.

Parties don't matter to me, its all a bunch of crap. I just vote for the best candidate.

I'd love to hear why you're voting for Paulette? Unless you are close friends with her then you gotta have a few screws loose to vote for her. She's a loon, and this is coming from someone who has known her for years and been around her and her family a few times too many. I wouldn't trust her with anything.

It is important that we get this information to every voter in the county. They need this information in order to make an informed decision when they vote. Not everyone is on pcom. The 25 votes my family represents knows the story.

By the way, that is 25 REPUBLICAN votes FOR WILL AVERY.

It is important that we get this information to every voter in the county. They need this information in order to make an informed decision when they vote. Not everyone is on pcom. The 25 votes my family represents knows the story.

By the way, that is 25 REPUBLICAN votes FOR WILL AVERY.

How about getting copies of the police report and court documents and posting those? That way the voters could read it and decide for themselves.

How about getting copies of the police report and court documents and posting those? That way the voters could read it and decide for themselves.

HeeHaw:

The documents are attached to the original story (top of the topic) Look for the link in the bottom left hand side of the story under the photo. They are in PDF format and will open in a browser window and/or can be saved.

But you can use this link as well: http://www.paulding.com/pdfs/braddockywp.pdf

pubby