Paulding.com

No freakin comment Paulette?

Guest Hi~ho Silver

I wouldn't know about her tax returns but she has used it in all her political campaigns. I don't know many (if any other) divorced women who publically keep their ex-husbands name, even if they have children.

My ex-wife and I had no children together. She has remarried and still kept my name.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?   I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nat

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are worki

Yeah, I could care less about the whole name thing. Let's look at the OTHER things, shall we?

Like maybe Paulette could have said "I regret voting yes on that tax increase and by the way, there was this little ol' felony thingy I forgot to mention"......

Like maybe Paulette could have said "I regret voting yes on that tax increase and by the way, there was this little ol' felony thingy I forgot to mention"......

Everything here begs an obvious question...

...If people that voted for Paulette in the Primary/Runoff knew about all of this, would she still have been their choice?

Will this one be outted on the liberal rag blog by the anonymous Dustin and friends who won't "own" what they write?

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are working WITH Will. They hate Paulette because she is not their "yes man". This has been true for years now. She knows THEIR secrets, folks and they know she does. Hang on to your hats...I have heard all the mud they are slinging at her and have read the "official" reports. This is just another bunch of desperation. WHY IS IT OPEN SEASON ON CONSERVATIVE, REPUBLICAN WOMEN ALL OVER THE NATION RIGHT NOW? This is pathetic. Last I heard, she IS going to address these issues, but not sure of the forum.

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are working WITH Will. They hate Paulette because she is not their "yes man". This has been true for years now. She knows THEIR secrets, folks and they know she does. Hang on to your hats...I have heard all the mud they are slinging at her and have read the "official" reports. This is just another bunch of desperation. WHY IS IT OPEN SEASON ON CONSERVATIVE, REPUBLICAN WOMEN ALL OVER THE NATION RIGHT NOW? This is pathetic. Last I heard, she IS going to address these issues, but not sure of the forum.

This is one thing in this thread that is true. I do know that the "establishment" is not supporting Paulette - they wanted Steve Golden.

Let me go ahead and jump in here. You are 10000000% wrong. The person's name is Dustin Baker. He founded the blog when he was a UGA student, and is still on there today. You could not be farther from right, and I think you owe Mr. Austin an apology for your baseless rhetoric.

Just to add, if she "IS going to address the issues," why has she not done so yet? We're less than a month away, folks.

And, Madea, remember when I said that I've gotten word of things that Paulette's people have been spreading around out there? This is #1 on the list of things I have heard, so my suspicions have been proven.

Edited by Mr. Politics

DO ALL OF THEM COMMIT INSURANCE FRAUD?

And we all know that Paulette is THE last hope of the now almost defunct Good Ol' Boy System in Paulding.

And when we finish this election, we are coming to toss you out of OUR Paulding County Republican Party. You guys have screwed things up long enough. I think we can find candidates that are REAL conservatives and not a bunch of fraudsters and philanderers. Be packing your sheeze because we are coming. ;)

This is one thing in this thread that is true. I do know that the "establishment" is not supporting Paulette - they wanted Steve Golden.

Doh!

I hate it when that happens. :rofl:

Here, I'll fix it for ya.

This is one thing in this thread that is not true.

Please give me 15 minutes prior notice so I can attend, I hope it is in a debate with Will Avery.

Not open season on conservative women, I voted for Karen Handel, Paulette is no conservative, Hell look at her voting record while serving on the school board? Do you really think she voted conservative!!!!!

What elected official in there right mind would jump in and openly support Paulette with all the baggage she is carrying?

The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN.

:blink:

Did you know that if you take the letters of my first name, mix them in with the letters of the name of the guy who lives in the house behind my house you can spell "think im thunk". Crazy, eh? This one time he had a friend named O'Leary over and we borrowed his apostrophe.

mrnn

Did you know that if you take the letters of my first name, mix them in with the letters of the name of the guy who lives in the house behind my house you can spell "think im thunk". Crazy, eh? This one time he had a friend named O'Leary over and we borrowed his apostrophe.

mrnn

:rofl: :rofl:

mrnn

That one took me for a loop. I've met Dustin through various circles, and I'm pretty sure the one that blogs on GAPolitico is the same one that wrote the article on, get this, GAPolitico.

The only person that was surprised more than the Braddock supporters by the Insurance Fraud surfacing was Paulette.

Paulette and the Paulding Republican Party thought they could waltz right into office once they won the primary. And what does Paulette do when it is time to go to work? Get used to it because if you elect her she will treat your business the same way.

The only person that was surprised more than the Braddock supporters by the Insurance Fraud surfacing was Paulette.

Paulette and the Paulding Republican Party thought they could waltz right into office once they won the primary. And what does Paulette do when it is time to go to work? Get used to it because if you elect her she will treat your business the same way.

Galloway over at the AJC interviewed Paulette about it, and I think she made this even worse on herself (http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2010/10/08/your-morning-jolt-gop-claimant-to-glenn-richardsons-house-seat-has-a-two-arrest-past/)

“We had lightning damage to our home,” Braddock said Thursday. “The company didn’t want to pay the claim. They contended the receipts weren’t valid. Basically, it was a trumped-up charge.”

Which begs the question, why, then did Ms. Braddock forge the receipts? As awful as it was for her home to be subjected to lightning damage, that should not necessitate committing a felony!

But Braddock said she lacked the cash to fight it in court. “It was easier to just go through the program and not fight it, because it would have cost me a bunch of money to fight it. So I didn’t,” she said.

Was this not around the same time that she was called a "Millionaire Next Door?" If she truly believed in her innocence, in my opinion, should she not have fought it? I mean, it's not a very complex case, really.

Then these two doozies of quotes directly from her:

"All of this is just typical mudslinging. I’m a tea party conservative and want to bring jobs to Georgia and solve some of the problems we have. And I think it’s typical of what happens when people can’t stand on the issues. They decide to do character assassination."

--I'd hardly call this "typical." It's not "typical" for a political candidate to have been twice arrested. And yet, she keeps on with the "issues" thing, while proposing zero solutions. Paulette, please let us all know when you will debate Will, so we can hear these oft-discussed but never mentioned solutions.

"I told them about the bankruptcy. I had forgotten about the other issues – because they were dismissed as if they never happened. I could have had it expunged from my record, but I had forgotten about it.”

--FORGOTTEN?? Wow, that's even worse than I thought! She can't even be honest about her past. She was in her thirties when these things happened, and she should have known better. And, really, they were nowhere near "dismissed as if they never happened."

"I told them about the bankruptcy. I had forgotten about the other issues because they were dismissed as if they never happened. I could have had it expunged from my record, but I had forgotten about it.

--FORGOTTEN?? Wow, that's even worse than I thought! She can't even be honest about her past. She was in her thirties when these things happened, and she should have known better. And, really, they were nowhere near "dismissed as if they never happened."

FORGOTTEN?? It happened what, 10-years ago, and she "forgot"?

Dude, called me kooky, but I think I'd remember being finger-printed and being subjected to a body-cavity search (unless a body-cavity search occurs on such a regular basis, like changing your socks, then I guess I could see how it could be forgotten... :ninja:)

Edited by Epiphany

Will is far from being an Obama / Pelosi minion. You should give him a call and have a face to face with him.

I'll give you young and inexperienced, but I prefer that over experienced and corrupt. And that's what we had for the last few years.

Really? How about his campaign manager, a/k/a "Best friend"? "Students for Barack Obama"

• Like 1

Really? How about his campaign manager, a/k/a "Best friend"? "Students for Barack Obama"

Madea, you are now just making yourself look bad. Your candidate has been caught in a big lie. She is living a lie and you are caught up in it.

Your feeble attempts to try to link Will or any of his supporters to Obama is like pissing up a rope. Neither supporting or voting for Obama was a FELONY. You are grasping for straws.

Look at Paulette's responses. Do you REALLY think this is someone that you want making decisions that effect your life? My God Madea, she is an absolute idiot!

Trying to make Will or any of his supporters look bad to try and make Paulette look better is asinine.

“We had lightning damage to our home,” Braddock said Thursday. “The company didn’t want to pay the claim. They contended the receipts weren’t valid. Basically, it was a trumped-up charge.”

Which begs the question, why, then did Ms. Braddock forge the receipts? As awful as it was for her home to be subjected to lightning damage, that should not necessitate committing a felony!

First a disclaimer:

I do not live in the 19th, so I won't be voting in this race. But as one who lives in Paulding, I have an interest in those that will be representing our interests as a county as a whole and who's votes will affect the county as well as the state as a whole.

Maybe it's just me, but to me the above quote from the article seems to boil down to "I'll do anything I want to get what *I* think *I* deserve and anyone who thinks differently is wrong!". She felt she deserved payment for the damage of a certain amount and the company was questioning it. Even in her own words they "didn't want to pay the claim", not "would not pay it". So rather than work legally, she went the forgery route and then calls it a "trumped-up charge"? How is that trumped-up if she indeed faked a receipt for personal gain?

The attitude that the above quote shows scares me in a political leader, Democrat or Republican. No remorse shown at all, she's still trying to justify breaking the law even as running for public office. We all make stupid mistakes when angry, but I would expect some remorse and acceptance that it was wrong. I'm not seeing any here.

With that type of personality, it makes me want to ask: I wonder what she thinks she would *deserve* from being the 19th's representative? What will she do with that office if she gets it? Will she use that office for Paulding's good, or just to attack those that get in the way of what she wants with no remorse?

The definition of a public official used to be a "Public Servant". The attitude above doesn't seem to fit the ideal "Public Servant" at least in MHO.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

• Like 1

First a disclaimer:

I do not live in the 19th, so I won't be voting in this race. But as one who lives in Paulding, I have an interest in those that will be representing our interests as a county as a whole and who's votes will affect the county as well as the state as a whole.

Maybe it's just me, but to me the above quote from the article seems to boil down to "I'll do anything I want to get what *I* think *I* deserve and anyone who thinks differently is wrong!". She felt she deserved payment for the damage of a certain amount and the company was questioning it. Even in her own words they "didn't want to pay the claim", not "would not pay it". So rather than work legally, she went the forgery route and then calls it a "trumped-up charge"? How is that trumped-up if she indeed faked a receipt for personal gain?

The attitude that the above quote shows scares me in a political leader, Democrat or Republican. No remorse shown at all, she's still trying to justify breaking the law even as running for public office. We all make stupid mistakes when angry, but I would expect some remorse and acceptance that it was wrong. I'm not seeing any here.

With that type of personality, it makes me want to ask: I wonder what she thinks she would *deserve* from being the 19th's representative? What will she do with that office if she gets it? Will she use that office for Paulding's good, or just to attack those that get in the way of what she wants with no remorse?

The definition of a public official used to be a "Public Servant". The attitude above doesn't seem to fit the ideal "Public Servant" at least in MHO.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Or even scarier....will she use that office to do what her handlers want her to do ?

I agree with the lack of remorse, and I think she will regret taking that approach.

Instead of admitting what she did was wrong, AND illegal, she tries to flip it, and deny she made an error in judgement, pleaded NOLO, signed off on it, and did the community service [i am assuming she did her community service as per the plea bargain.].

Reminds me a bit of the arrogance shown by a former commission chairman when confronted with a rather incriminating email about a sneaky tax increase.

We have not had a representative from Paulding truly out their working for the citizens and taxpayers since Charlie Watts and Nathan Dean. Both by the way, conservative Democrats. There is much to be done to move Paulding forward to get industry and JOBS to locate here. I have heard many of Will Avery's ideas on this and they are sound and have merit. And will indeed help us to get jobs and larger businesses to look at locating here. With the WellStar Hospital now moving forward we have the opportunity to bring jobs here, but we need leadership under the gold dome to work hand in hand with the BOC and IBA to make this happen.

Will Avery will be able to provide this kind of leadership.

Because they have major issues that they have failed to mention. They covered up there trouble with the law. Beverly and her husband issues,Paulette and her scrapes with the law. These could be why not just women but look at the poor pool of republican canidates. If your going to run be honest and not a criminal.

Madea, you are now just making yourself look bad. Your candidate has been caught in a big lie. She is living a lie and you are caught up in it.

Your feeble attempts to try to link Will or any of his supporters to Obama is like pissing up a rope. Neither supporting or voting for Obama was a FELONY. You are grasping for straws.

Look at Paulette's responses. Do you REALLY think this is someone that you want making decisions that effect your life? My God Madea, she is an absolute idiot!

Trying to make Will or any of his supporters look bad to try and make Paulette look better is asinine.

This is getting goodclapping.gif