Paulding.com

No freakin comment Paulette?

I'll decline your invitation. I have a lot of other things I need to be doing. But you never went back into the thread and corrected the confusion, now did you? You, and others, have lost credibility.

I, too, am busy. I'm not always on P-com, and maybe that day I was a little stressed, I don't know. Sorry I never added my two cents there, but I'm adding them here. Take it for what it's worth, I guess. You can say we have lost credibility as a collective, fine, but the truth still speaks volumes.

I know the State definition. I still consider it a twist and stretch. I also know the explosive growth that was going on in the county at the time.

Your opinion, and that's fair. By the by, I know that at least one of those votes was in favor of a 3% sales tax increase. Can't really hide behind that one.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?   I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nat

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are worki

BTW, it appears that Will has distanced himself from Paulding.com. Wonder why? Not the place to campaign he thought it might be? Is he off re-working the "ad" to rid it of the lies?

It appears he prefers to campaign on the GA LIBERAL website,

the one that links directly to George Soro's Think Progress...

8)

dirol.gif

....are you seriously bringing George Soros into this one? I'm pretty sure Will has never met the guy, but nice scare tactics. Truly irrelevant.

GAPolitico also links to Erick Erickson's PeachPundit and the Libertarian-leaning SWGA Politics.

And, to boot, I haven't the faintest how GAPolitico got that information about Paulette. Maybe the House Democratic Caucus gave it to them? Maybe someone else? Point is, neither of us knows, so why are we pretending to be experts, here?

A little off the beat but I have a question. What would keep Kim Cobb from running for School Superintendent? Is she required to have experience working in the school systems like the others? Isn't it our choice or do we not vote on the super position?

It might be a more difficult possition for her but we all know she would be the only one who would honestly hold the kids/parents (tax payers) as a top priority. I think it would give her more leverage than she has now and I can't think of anyone better to pay that salary to!

Maybe this should've been a different topic :unknw:

8)

As a democrat he has aligned himself with the principles of the democratic party. Those republicans supporting him are in for some big surprises if he wins this election. It's apparent he doesn't see things the way conservatives do. ;)

As a democrat he has aligned himself with the principles of the democratic party. Those republicans supporting him are in for some big surprises if he wins this election. It's apparent he doesn't see things the way conservatives do. wink.gif

I just wonder, as a Democrat, what principles do I hold? I'm not running for office here, and I'll tell you exactly what I personally think, but since you seem to be the expert, what values to Democrats universally hold?

Guilty or not she is electable as long as she is a Republican. I'm betting that Paulette could have been found guilty on a crime and these people would still find a reason.

Charges were dropped. But what if she plead guilty to a crime. Would you still back her?

I don't get to vote in Paulding. But, as far as the above is concerned, did you notice that Charlie Rangel, that crooked Dem, won his primary and is looking for yet another term in congress?

Rangel is likely far more guilty than Paulette (who is guilty of nothing).

Looks like pat calling out kettle.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad

As a democrat he has aligned himself with the principles of the democratic party. Those republicans supporting him are in for some big surprises if he wins this election. It's apparent he doesn't see things the way conservatives do. ;)

I agree. And that's the line in the sand for me. He may claim whatever he wishes. I'm simply not buying it.

I don't get to vote in Paulding. But, as far as the above is concerned, did you notice that Charlie Rangel, that crooked Dem, won his primary and is looking for yet another term in congress?

Rangel is likely far more guilty than Paulette (who is guilty of nothing).

Looks like pat calling out kettle.

That's a bad argument, because I was pushing for Adam Clayton Powell IV to primary Rangel out. Not a fan of his, so really the argument is moot.

....are you seriously bringing George Soros into this one? I'm pretty sure Will has never met the guy, but nice scare tactics.

Truly irrelevant.

No more irrelevant than the details of Paulette's divorce...

I have repeatedly tried to get Avery's campaign minions to talk about the REAL ISSUES

and they instead repeatedly choose to engage in the politics of personal destruction.

Will's supporters have established the negative smear precedent in this race

and I am simply playing along to the tune of sour notes they seem to enjoy...

I just wonder, as a Democrat, what principles do I hold? I'm not running for office here, and I'll tell you exactly what I personally think, but since you seem to be the expert, what values to Democrats universally hold?

Bigger government, spend and tax. Three things I am totally against. BTW, I'm using past and present personal experience from the party.

Bigger government, spend and tax. Three things I am totally against. BTW, I'm using past and present personal experience from the party.

I'm not one of those Democrats, then. I work an hourly job, and I like keeping my money. I think that there's a place for government, but I'm not looking for it to get any bigger. I can't hardly keep up with all of the bureaucracy as it stands, so Lord knows I can't take any more of it.

My point is that your experience is your experience, but applying a universal principle because of it is a bad idea. Look, there are Tea Partiers out there that have held up some pretty deplorable signs, and I would venture to call those particular individuals racist. Not hardly all of them, but sure, there are some out there. But for me to extrapolate that one experience as a universal truth is dangerous, because I know darn well that it's not true. Democrats are doing it too, and I'm not okay with that, because it's a damned lie. Not all Tea Partiers are racist (in fact, nearly all are just fine people, like those that post here daily), just as not all Democrats are tax and spend liberals. My experience with Will is that he is not a tax and spender. But the point I try to make is that just because there is a (D) next to his name, does not mean he is in the ilk of Nancy Pelosi, no matter what others would want to think.

That's a bad argument, because I was pushing for Adam Clayton Powell IV to primary Rangel out. Not a fan of his, so really the argument is moot.

My point is that several are smearing Paulette who is guilty of absolutely nothing.

I was also hoping that Rangel would get the boot in the primary.

No more irrelevant than the details of Paulette's divorce...

Nobody here is talking about her divorce. I think the issue was a little more towards the fact that she has a mugshot because she was arrested.

I have repeatedly tried to get Avery's campaign minions to talk about the REAL ISSUES

and they instead repeatedly choose to engage in the politics of personal destruction.

I guess you can call me a "minion." Ask away. I'm listening.

Will's supporters have established the negative smear precedent in this race

and I am simply playing along to the tune of sour notes they seem to enjoy...

Really? Because I've been hearing some things about what Paulette and her people have been doing and saying, for quite some time now. And I'm pretty sure she set the standard in the Primary.

You can talk about "sour notes," but I need to be frank in saying that you should keep them at least engrained in an iota of truth. I thoroughly debunked your "Will Avery = George Soros" load, but yet you still want to claim it. I mean is this really what politics has come to?

I'm not one of those Democrats, then. I work an hourly job, and I like keeping my money. I think that there's a place for government, but I'm not looking for it to get any bigger. I can't hardly keep up with all of the bureaucracy as it stands, so Lord knows I can't take any more of it.

My point is that your experience is your experience, but applying a universal principle because of it is a bad idea. Look, there are Tea Partiers out there that have held up some pretty deplorable signs, and I would venture to call those particular individuals racist. Not hardly all of them, but sure, there are some out there. But for me to extrapolate that one experience as a universal truth is dangerous, because I know darn well that it's not true. Democrats are doing it too, and I'm not okay with that, because it's a damned lie. Not all Tea Partiers are racist (in fact, nearly all are just fine people, like those that post here daily), just as not all Democrats are tax and spend liberals. My experience with Will is that he is not a tax and spender. But the point I try to make is that just because there is a (D) next to his name, does not mean he is in the ilk of Nancy Pelosi, no matter what others would want to think.

Might be a nicer person and not the extremist that Pelosi is, but the D says the person is likely to support the agenda that Obama-Pelosi-Reid are implementing. But, I would have to talk to the candidate and I would have to investigate their past record. But, they would still be very suspect.

Alrighty then. You have your opinion and I have mine, I can only see what I have seen. Would be nice to be proven wrong, however I seriously doubt I will see anything close to that in my lifetime.

The government is not responsible for me, I am. Social programs have gone way too far and I see dems supporting them at every turn. Oh I forgot to mention the increase in government employees, the influence of labor unions on those government employees and the immense support to those unions from the dem party.

I cannot support any person that aligns themselves with this progressive dem party. I can however vote against any republican that doesn't understand he/she works for the people, not the other way around. My vote will never go to a current dem even under those circumstances, there are other options. ;)

Alrighty then. You have your opinion and I have mine, I can only see what I have seen. Would be nice to be proven wrong, however I seriously doubt I will see anything close to that in my lifetime.

The government is not responsible for me, I am. Social programs have gone way too far and I see dems supporting them at every turn. Oh I forgot to mention the increase in government employees, the influence of labor unions on those government employees and the immense support to those unions from the dem party.

I cannot support any person that aligns themselves with this progressive dem party. I can however vote against any republican that doesn't understand he/she works for the people, not the other way around. My vote will never go to a current dem even under those circumstances, there are other options. wink.gif

Fair enough. I think Will can prove you wrong, but I understand where you're coming from.

So……..A candidate can have arrest records, Miss hundreds of key votes while serving on the School Board, Fail to attend, or be tardy to numerous scheduled board meetings, Agree with every tax increase proposed to the School Board, Have business failures, refuse to debate the issues, Take vacations during the campaign, Spend our tax dollars on gyms, auditoriums and, new facilities for the school board, While the kids go without books and supplies and attempt to learn in a trailer?????

In 2008 the citizens soundly rejected the tax and spend votes made by Paulette while serving on the School Board, And, Paulette was defeated by a landslide, I hope that the citizens remember the issues in that election and vote accordingly in this election.

Citizens, This, is a serious election, This is no time to disgrace House District 19 again, Time to restore respect to Paulding County, Elect Will Avery to House District 19

I do not know of any student that did not get an education because they were in a mobile(notice we call

them mobiles at school. In fact a lot of them liked it in mobiles. As for as the gyms, auditoriums a and new facilities, we needed them then because of these crazy builders trying to get rich building

their PRDs. Who new the bottom was going to fall out. I told them when they were building them, to

give it several years and they would be empty. As far as building that has gone on in the school

system, I think we needed (at the time) all of them. You need to find something else, we have heard

this way too many times. I don't mean to be ugly, but I get so tired of everything bashing our school

system.

• Like 1

Nobody here is talking about her divorce. I think the issue was a little more towards the fact that she has a mugshot because she was arrested.

Directly related to her divorce. rolleyes.gif

Really? Because I've been hearing some things about what Paulette and her people have been doing and saying, for quite some time now. And I'm pretty sure she set the standard in the Primary.

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

You can talk about "sour notes," but I need to be frank in saying that you should keep them at least engrained in an iota of truth. I thoroughly debunked your "Will Avery = George Soros" load, but yet you still want to claim it. I mean is this really what politics has come to?

How can you even ask that in this thread? Have you seen the numerous threads deliberately posted to bash Paulette?

Will has personally stated his first course of action is to implement a sin tax? pardon.gif

Directly related to her divorce. rolleyes.gif

Well I doubt that was the point. From everything I can tell (and the fact that bashing a person for being divorced is just plain stupid), this was intended to get to the fact that she was arrested. That's it.

How can you even ask that in this thread? Have you seen the numerous threads deliberately posted to bash Paulette?

I'm mainly getting to the fact that bringing George Soros into the mix here honestly makes one look foolish.

Will has personally stated his first course of action is to implement a sin tax? pardon.gif

Please let me know where he said this was his "first course of action." I'd really love to know. What I believe he actually said is that it could be a possible solution, but I neglect to remember when he started parading it around as the first thing he would ever do.

Will really needs to realize the support he is getting from some on the other side is really not support for him but a retaliation against something they didn't like.

He is conveniently being made the pawn to express their anger. :drinks:

There I said it, no one else was going to. :D

• Like 1

Well I doubt that was the point. From everything I can tell (and the fact that bashing a person for being divorced is just plain stupid), this was intended to get to the fact that she was arrested. That's it

But never charged and has no record. It was directly related to the divorce.

I'm mainly getting to the fact that bringing George Soros into the mix here honestly makes one look foolish.

And bringing in Shearin and others doesn't? The lows that the Avery supporters on this board have stooped to know no bounds.

Please let me know where he said this was his "first course of action." I'd really love to know. What I believe he actually said is that it could be a possible solution, but I neglect to remember when he started parading it around as the first thing he would ever do.

It's the only solution I've seen him offer, so maybe I assumed it would be his first course of business.

And bringing in Shearin and others doesn't? The lows that the Avery supporters on this board have stooped to know no bounds.

I've come out and said to stop it about Shearin. But, frankly, at least Shearin has ever been to Paulding County, or can locate it on a map. Pretty sure George Soros can't. Either way, let's leave them both out.

It's the only solution I've seen him offer, so maybe I assumed it would be his first course of business.

Point of sale, for example? I've heard him say that a million times.

Edited by Mr. Politics

Will really needs to realize the support he is getting from some on the other side is really not support for him but a retaliation against something they didn't like.

Get outta my head. wub.gif They each have their own agenda that has nothing to do with Will. dirol.gif

That's certainly your choice. It's those who prefer to spread lies, innuendo and have no care for who may get damaged in the process that I disagree with.

Oh I care for who may be damaged. If Paulette is elected everyone that lives in the 19th District will be damaged.

We all know that if you guys could find ANY dirt on Will you guys would just pretend you didn't see it. :blink: :wacko: Yeah right! So the best you can do is say he is a Democrat. Psst! We all know he is a Democrat.

I asked Will Avery some questions a few weeks ago and almost every one

of his answers/solutions involved massive amounts of government spending :

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/253453-back-door-taxes/page__hl__avery__fromsearch__1

Anything the government does, whether Demo or Repub, requires massive amounts of spending.

How did you feel about the school bond that Paulette supported?

NatureGirl, you really have no clue. My wife and I are two of Will's supporters. I would guess that we are in the top ten in dollars contributed. Our ONLY agenda is to assure our kids and grandkids and ourselves have some intelligent representation. While any representation would be a huge improvement over what we had with Glenn Richardson, we feel that we have the opportunity to actually help put a good, honest person in office.

Now if you and all your comrades feel that having a person with Paulette's abilities and past is good enough for you, then by all means, vote for her. Personally, I would not trust a person with her background to clean out my car.

• Like 1

So……..A candidate can have arrest records, Miss hundreds of key votes while serving on the School Board, Fail to attend, or be tardy to numerous scheduled board meetings, Agree with every tax increase proposed to the School Board, Have business failures, refuse to debate the issues, Take vacations during the campaign, Spend our tax dollars on gyms, auditoriums and, new facilities for the school board, While the kids go without books and supplies and attempt to learn in a trailer?????

In 2008 the citizens soundly rejected the tax and spend votes made by Paulette while serving on the School Board, And, Paulette was defeated by a landslide, I hope that the citizens remember the issues in that election and vote accordingly in this election.

Citizens, This, is a serious election, This is no time to disgrace House District 19 again, Time to restore respect to Paulding County, Elect Will Avery to House District 19

Aren't you a little hard on Paulette? Just because she likes knives in domestic violence. Or just because she is going on a cruise before the general. Or just because she doesn't want to debate. Or so what if she missed a few votes or meetings. Who cares about her voting that led to tax increases.

Whitey you need to be a little more understanding,things do come up. She has minor issues that's all.unsure.gif

Oh I care for who may be damaged. If Paulette is elected everyone that lives in the 19th District will be damaged.

We all know that if you guys could find ANY dirt on Will you guys would just pretend you didn't see it. blink.gif wacko.gif Yeah right! So the best you can do is say he is a Democrat. Psst! We all know he is a Democrat.

I haven't even looked for any dirt on Will and have no intention of doing so.

Anything the government does, whether Demo or Repub, requires massive amounts of spending.

How did you feel about the school bond that Paulette supported?

The size of our government needs to be reduced, we need less spending and we don't need new taxes of any kind.

The voters voted yes for that one. I've admitted before that I voted yes on that one. I felt it was needed at the time to keep up with our growth.

They have children that share that name. Not that far-fetched.

Most folks I know who have different names from their children don't use their former name. I guess it just sort of seemed to me like she used it for political recognition.

Edited to add that this also is a nit, and neither this nor the arrest is not why I'm not voting for her.

Edited by mei lan

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?

I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that has no arrest record) wanting to represent the good, honest people of District 19.

I'll be voting for Will Avery, please feel free to join me.

Okay ,exactly what did she do to get arrested and when?

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nathan Deal. But looking at the 19th race, I just don't have any idea how a terrible candidate can still have support when the democrat candidate is not only squeaky clean but a very much centrist/moderate opponent. You'd think Paulette was running against Karl Marx himself with the way that her supporters stay behind her regardless of what she does wrong or how badly she bungles this campaign.

I hate that politics have gotten to this point....where partisanship is so strong that we no longer judge a candidate by his/her record or positions but rather on the party.

mrnn

• Like 5

They have children that share that name. Not that far-fetched.

Surely you don't REALLY think that is why she keeps the Rakestraw name, do you?

She hopes to gain some respectability and votes by continuing to use that good and reputable name.

Too bad Van didn't take it back with the divorce.

Surely you don't REALLY think that is why she keeps the Rakestraw name, do you?

She hopes to gain some respectability and votes by continuing to use that good and reputable name.

Too bad Van didn't take it back with the divorce.

Whoa...so the Rakestraw name on her signs is from her ex-husband? The one she beat the sh*t out of? That's solid gold.

mrnn