Paulding.com

Parents Be Alert of this Man

No it's that some of us have better sense than to run around screaming that the sky is falling. The only thing the man did wrong was say excuse me to someone.

I took it as he leaned over from the drivers seat to open the passenger side door. Unless his windows are stuck I don't see the purpose of that? When it comes to my kid I take the approach of don't trust anyone until they give you a reason to. I don't care who gets offended.

• Like 1

I'll get in a car with anyone who has candy...

Elwood, you ignorant slut! :D

Being aware of your surroundings and of potential danger is one thing. Assuming that every middle aged man who says "excuse me" to a college student is a serial rapist is another. I can guarantee you that If I ask for directions and some little twerp maces me , I will be the one calling the cops, and said twerp may be jailed for assault. What has this world come to where two people can't have a simple short conversation on the street.

Well said.

OP never said which door he opened, nor did she say the man leaned at all. I took everything the OP said at face value.

I took it as he leaned over from the drivers seat to open the passenger side door. Unless his windows are stuck I don't see the purpose of that? When it comes to my kid I take the approach of don't trust anyone until they give you a reason to. I don't care who gets offended.

LOL

i hold out for guys with built in usb ports. :ninja:

Do I know you?

Elwood, you ignorant slut! :D

Well said.

He did lean over and open passenger door and I have always taught my kids the same,police advise us to teach our kids this.Thank you.My daughter did what she was taught to do and I am thankful. I do not know what this mans intentions were,none of us do,unless we are him,but I would rather my daughter to be safe,than risk offending him.

He did lean over and open passenger door and I have always taught my kids the same,police advise us to teach our kids this.Thank you.My daughter did what she was taught to do and I am thankful. I do not know what this mans intentions were,none of us do,unless we are him,but I would rather my daughter to be safe,than risk offending him.

ok. i completely understand wanting your daughter to be safe, i've taught my kids since they were kneehigh to not get in the car with strangers.

i still can't understand what kind of danger she was in from a man who was sitting in his car, while she was out walking around. especially a man who was leaing over to the passenger side of his car to open a door.

it's not as is he was leaping out of his car on the drivers side to drag her away.

anyway. i'm glad that you taught your daughter not to ride with strangers.

ok. i completely understand wanting your daughter to be safe, i've taught my kids since they were kneehigh to not get in the car with strangers.

i still can't understand what kind of danger she was in from a man who was sitting in his car, while she was out walking around. especially a man who was leaing over to the passenger side of his car to open a door.

it's not as is he was leaping out of his car on the drivers side to drag her away.

anyway. i'm glad that you taught your daughter not to ride with strangers.

Thank you. I am glad she is too. It was just a more remote area where other people were not as visible. It is a back road that the kids cross to go to student parking. She had stayed in library after class and walked to her car. It is a very small campus. It was not like there was a group of kids around her.My daughter has a very kind heart and would help anyone in need but that is not the safe place to.I am just so thankful she is safe too.

You should always be aware of your suroundings. you can give directions from a distance and stay moving. Everyone should carry a defensive device wether it be mace or a firearm. Maybe it was nothing but something made this young lady uncomfortable, always trust your gut!

• Like 3

cakelady - It pays to be safe than sorry... Your daughter did the right thing.... this use to be a sleepy laid back community, where you could trust all, growth has changed that... People use to think their vechicles with things in them were safe in their driveways, not anymore...

you could trust all, that is gone... how many robberies have happened here lately? Banks? Restaurants? This is not a sleepy community anymore, and all should be aware... growth has come and changed things.... and things will only get worse... It would be a lovely way of life to trust all, but not this day and time and not here. Always be safe than sorry.

cakelady - It pays to be safe than sorry... Your daughter did the right thing.... this use to be a sleepy laid back community, where you could trust all, growth has changed that... People use to think their vechicles with things in them were safe in their driveways, not anymore...

you could trust all, that is gone... how many robberies have happened here lately? Banks? Restaurants? This is not a sleepy community anymore, and all should be aware... growth has come and changed things.... and things will only get worse... It would be a lovely way of life to trust all, but not this day and time and not here. Always be safe than sorry.

Thank you. I agree.

Everyone has camera phones nowadays. If someone looks suspicious, why not take a picture? Of him and his Tag #.

A 19 year old can tell if something looks not quite right. She should keep her distance because if the guy has a gun he could coerce her to get in the car with the threat.

If he needs assistance, she should call 911. That's what they're there for. Police can render whatever assistance the gentleman needs.

Exactly!! Look at Villa Rica just this week. 2 robberies within a block of each other, with one man on the loose. Numerous home and car break ins everywhere, Kids beating helpless old men with rocks, high speed chases and so on. The entire West and North West side of Atlanta has increasingly seen more and more crime. We do not have those same small towns where everyone knows each other, and looks out for one another. This monsterous growth has brought in so,so many more people. We also have those coming into our areas from Fulton, Dekalb and Clayton co's, because they all feel as if they can get away with committing their crimes further away from the big city. I say trust Nobody. Why would someone need to lean over to open their passenger side door? We have these things called windows that we can roll down or push this little buttom and they'll go down. I wouldn't have walked toward him either in this situation.

Exactly!! Look at Villa Rica just this week. 2 robberies within a block of each other, with one man on the loose. Numerous home and car break ins everywhere, Kids beating helpless old men with rocks, high speed chases and so on. The entire West and North West side of Atlanta has increasingly seen more and more crime. We do not have those same small towns where everyone knows each other, and looks out for one another. This monsterous growth has brought in so,so many more people. We also have those coming into our areas from Fulton, Dekalb and Clayton co's, because they all feel as if they can get away with committing their crimes further away from the big city. I say trust Nobody. Why would someone need to lean over to open their passenger side door? We have these things called windows that we can roll down or push this little buttom and they'll go down. I wouldn't have walked toward him either in this situation.

Thank you.I agree!

Y-E-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thank you for your warning, Cake Lady. I am not sure why people are jumping all over you about this. I am glad that you reported this to campus security and the police. As a woman, I would be immediately on edge if a man opened his car door and was calling over to me, regardless if he said "excuse me" or not. Doesn't matter if he had good or bad intentions. In this day and age, you can never be too careful. Bad people come in all genders, colors, shapes, and sizes. I am all for helping people, just don't come too close or make me uncomfortable!

• Like 1

Thank you for your warning, Cake Lady. I am not sure why people are jumping all over you about this. I am glad that you reported this to campus security and the police. As a woman, I would be immediately on edge if a man opened his car door and was calling over to me, regardless if he said "excuse me" or not. Doesn't matter if he had good or bad intentions. In this day and age, you can never be too careful. Bad people come in all genders, colors, shapes, and sizes. I am all for helping people, just don't come too close or make me uncomfortable!

Thank you so much!