#1 Mr. October

Mr. October

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

6-6 at the half
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. " Vince Lombardi

#2 rockytopsmom

rockytopsmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Any update?

#3 Mr. October

Mr. October

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

13-6 EP end of 3rd

Edited by Mr. October, 17 September 2010 - 08:08 PM.

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. " Vince Lombardi

#4 brown*eyed*girl

brown*eyed*girl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the updates. I just came on here hoping to get one.

#5 Mr. October

Mr. October

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

13 - 13 6:30 to go 4th

Edited by Mr. October, 17 September 2010 - 08:22 PM.

#6 UWGmom2

UWGmom2

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

Let's go EAST!!!!! :yahoo:

#7 Mr. October

Mr. October

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

20 - 13 Kell :30 to go in game. Forgot how to tackle

#8 Mr. October

Mr. October

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Game.

#9 brown*eyed*girl

brown*eyed*girl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Bummer. Sounds like it was a pretty good game though and our boys hung just lost it toward the end.

#10 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

We played tough tonight. Had trouble stopping them on the final drive, and couldnt tackle on important plays. Kell is a great state rank team, and we just couldnt close the deal. If these teams played 10 times each would probably win 5. For tonight however, Kell got it done....but it is just one game.

It is just a shame all the really good teams play in this sub-region!! The best five or six teams in the region are in the North(Kell, North, East, Pope, Hiram, and Sprayberry). Its a shame three at most can advance from this side!!!

Cant wait till next Friday when North comes to the Boneyard! GO RAIDERS!!!

#11 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

We played tough tonight. Had trouble stopping them on the final drive, and couldnt tackle on important plays. Kell is a great state rank team, and we just couldnt close the deal. If these teams played 10 times each would probably win 5. For tonight however, Kell got it done....but it is just one game.

It is just a shame all the really good teams play in this sub-region!! The best five or six teams in the region are in the North(Kell, North, East, Pope, Hiram, and Sprayberry). Its a shame three at most can advance from this side!!!

Cant wait till next Friday when North comes to the Boneyard! GO RAIDERS!!!

i agree but some of the calls made against East didnt seem fair. . .late hits,face masks. . . maybe its just me but the whole crowd seemed to agree they were bad calls.

#12 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

I agree. The officiating was some of the worse I have ever seen and I have been to hundreds of hs games over the years!! Penalties were AT LEAST 3-1 against East. HOWEVER, the refs can not block or tackle. Regardless of their obvious Kell bias, if we would kept the ball and scored to go up that last dirve, then we would have won. If we sack the QB, on 3rd down, or stop them the other three third downs their last drive, we could have won.. The good news we can take out of a bad loss is we lost a game to what is supposed to be the best team in the region, that we could have won.

Makes me excited about what we can/are gonna do from here on out!! GO RAIDERS!!!!

i agree but some of the calls made against East didnt seem fair. . .late hits,face masks. . . maybe its just me but the whole crowd seemed to agree they were bad calls.

• Palm Trees Rock likes this

#13 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:39 AM

I agree. The officiating was some of the worse I have ever seen and I have been to hundreds of hs games over the years!! Penalties were AT LEAST 3-1 against East. HOWEVER, the refs can not block or tackle. Regardless of their obvious Kell bias, if we would kept the ball and scored to go up that last dirve, then we would have won. If we sack the QB, on 3rd down, or stop them the other three third downs their last drive, we could have won.. The good news we can take out of a bad loss is we lost a game to what is supposed to be the best team in the region, that we could have won.

Makes me excited about what we can/are gonna do from here on out!! GO RAIDERS!!!!

I always respect your opinion (even if it isn't what I want to hear :pardon: :lol: ) I am very proud of our boys, and you are right we had some really jacked up calls but we still should have beaten them. I think this is a great group of boys and win or lose I think they are a GREAT RAIDER TEAM!!! We will now look to next friday and prepare for that battle, the boys will have all week to work and make adjustments.

GO EAST!!!
Posted Image

#14 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

You are right! The worst calls I have seen in a while...phantom holds, etc. I bet when the coaches add up the penalties we had maybe 4-5 go our way, and 2x or 3x that many against us. It def. hurt. I think our kids played awesome as well!! I mean we played the #6 team in the state to the end, and could have won! I am very proud of our boys...I think this game will make them better, and the experience will prepare them... i think Friday will show that..Tell him to hold his head up, he did a great job, and lets go get the Pack!!! The one thing I know, is that Reid will make the adjustments and these kids are united in the fact they dont want to lose again..it will make them hungrier!!

GO RAIDERS!!!

I always respect your opinion (even if it isn't what I want to hear :pardon: :lol: ) I am very proud of our boys, and you are right we had some really jacked up calls but we still should have beaten them. I think this is a great group of boys and win or lose I think they are a GREAT RAIDER TEAM!!! We will now look to next friday and prepare for that battle, the boys will have all week to work and make adjustments.

GO EAST!!!

#15 Palm Trees Rock

Palm Trees Rock

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

Hy RR, were the guys way down, or do they seem even more fired up? I tell you, when the few mistakes in they are gonna be able to beat anybody. This is one of the most complete teams they have had...I dont think a lot of people realize how good they are!!

#16 COWBELLMAN

COWBELLMAN

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

OH, I know how good our boys are. I've been telling folks, EP is for real this year, and that they do look similar to the 2006 team. The boys played a great game Friday night, two evenly matched team just going at it, a friend of mine said that the Kell radio announcers were saying the Officials were making some terrible calls. Once we get our tackling fundamentals sured up, the raiders will be really hard to beat. They lost to the #6 team in the state on the last play of the game, I guarantee you one thing. No one is now saying EP hasn't played anyone to test them or push them this year. Well folks I'm here to tell you, if doesn't matter who the heck you play. If your a good football team you are suppose to dominate weaker competition and EP did that, when it came time to play an evenly matched team the boys stepped up and it showed. Coach Reid and the coaching staff will always have the Raiders ready to play. The wolfpack are visiting the BONEYARD this Friday night, lets give them a warm Raider welcome. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#17 katzeye

katzeye

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

OH, I know how good our boys are. I've been telling folks, EP is for real this year, and that they do look similar to the 2006 team. The boys played a great game Friday night, two evenly matched team just going at it, a friend of mine said that the Kell radio announcers were saying the Officials were making some terrible calls. Once we get our tackling fundamentals sured up, the raiders will be really hard to beat. They lost to the #6 team in the state on the last play of the game, I guarantee you one thing. No one is now saying EP hasn't played anyone to test them or push them this year. Well folks I'm here to tell you, if doesn't matter who the heck you play. If your a good football team you are suppose to dominate weaker competition and EP did that, when it came time to play an evenly matched team the boys stepped up and it showed. Coach Reid and the coaching staff will always have the Raiders ready to play. The wolfpack are visiting the BONEYARD this Friday night, lets give them a warm Raider welcome. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My friend was listening to a live feed on the computer,it had a 2sec lasp time. . . the one TD they made where he ran the sidelines and fumbled the ball and then gave them the TD anyway totally had the announcers totaly amazed they actually got away with that. . . .it was clearly a fumble. But we can hash this out till we're blue in the face. . . we know it was a badly called game and who the officials were pulling for and we also know our boys kicked a*s. . . even though we lost i went home very proud....i hope our boy's know just how proud of them we are!!! see ya friday Cowbellman. . .i will be there with bell in hand!!!!!

#18 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

My friend was listening to a live feed on the computer,it had a 2sec lasp time. . . the one TD they made where he ran the sidelines and fumbled the ball and then gave them the TD anyway totally had the announcers totaly amazed they actually got away with that. . . .it was clearly a fumble. But we can hash this out till we're blue in the face. . . we know it was a badly called game and who the officials were pulling for and we also know our boys kicked a*s. . . even though we lost i went home very proud....i hope our boy's know just how proud of them we are!!! see ya friday Cowbellman. . .i will be there with bell in hand!!!!!

There may have been some bad calls but I don't think the ref's were pulling for a certain team. They are too busy for that. They are human and make mistakes.

#19 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

There may have been some bad calls but I don't think the ref's were pulling for a certain team. They are too busy for that. They are human and make mistakes.

are there ever consequences for there mistakes? I honestly hope there is, those officials were making really bad calls. I don't understand how in the world they get away with it.
Posted Image

#20 county line

county line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

raiders actualy had more first downs and yards than kell so the stats reflect a close game. penalties seemed more than they really were because the stats show east had 7 for 53 yards and kell had 5 for 39 yards.

#21 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

raiders actualy had more first downs and yards than kell so the stats reflect a close game. penalties seemed more than they really were because the stats show east had 7 for 53 yards and kell had 5 for 39 yards.

were you at the game??? The penalties actually happened, it was not a seemed more situation.
Posted Image

#22 county line

county line

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

were you at the game??? The penalties actually happened, it was not a seemed more situation.

yes but i did not keep count. how many penelties and yards did you count for each team?

#23 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,364 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

yes but i did not keep count. how many penelties and yards did you count for each team?

I counted 3 for Kell and completely lost count for us. Regardless of bad calls, it was a battle
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics