Paulding.com

Debate Press Release

TwoKidCircus

Why don't you start by asking what Paulette's voting record has been during her time on the school board??? I think it has been posted on here?

omg.gif It is time for the two to meet and discus the issues!!!!

i wonder what she is afraid of, will is out there for everyone to see and talk to, she is off hiding somewhere - and i for one don't think having an "r" next to her name will help at all - we need to know what she stands for and thinks - and she isn't giving us that opportunity - so why would we want her in the state house? she is a lieing "b___h" and doesn't deserve anyone's vote.

• Like 1

TwoKidCircus

Why don't you start by asking what Paulette's voting record has been during her time on the school board??? I think it has been posted on here?

omg.gif It is time for the two to meet and discus the issues!!!!

i wonder what she is afraid of or is hiding from - going on a cruise won't make anything go away and will just make a lot of us wonder what and who she is - i really believe that will is the only true choice in this election, he is there and listening to us and taking questions - on the other hand, she can't be found.

• Like 1

i wonder what she is afraid of, will is out there for everyone to see and talk to, she is off hiding somewhere - and i for one don't think having an "r" next to her name will help at all - we need to know what she stands for and thinks - and she isn't giving us that opportunity - so why would we want her in the state house? she is a lieing "b___h" and doesn't deserve anyone's vote.

Truly? :blink: That statement tells much about you. :wacko:

• Like 1

They were all invited to meet and discuss the issues here on P.com four did have a round table discussion Barnett,Pownall,Graham, And Gregory

None of the candidates that refused to participate got elected.

I was speaking of the one 2 years ago between the gentleman who won (and chose not to debate) and the gentleman who lost (and had the stage). The debate for Commission Chair.

I am going to take a wild guess here and say that no matter what she does or does not do it won't change your mind one way or the other. You just are not going to vote for this lady.unsure.gif

See it is comments like this that remind me just how childish some adults are and realize they should have no place in politics.

I wish immaturity were the worst of our worries. It seems more important that we run significant risk of electing someone who is unqualified only because she is running as a Republican in a predominantly Republican district. It should upset any concerned citizen that fear of being exposed is her motivation instead of wanting voters to be able to make an informed decision.

Why is she afraid to be compared to the other candidate? Isn't it significant that so many Republicans are indicating their support of a Democrat? Especially the ones who know her well and have actually taken time to know Will?

There is extremely high correlation with being Republican, actually learning about Will Avery, actually knowing Paulette and her record, and then deciding to vote for Will Avery.

Edited by Well Read

What an exhibition of class! :rolleyes: It is very hard to be objective about Avery when I read comments such as these from his supporters.

What an exhibition of class! :rolleyes: It is very hard to be objective about Avery when I read comments such as these from his supporters.

You are right. The comment you referred to was not called for and seemed personal. However, Paulette is being disrepectful of voters by dodging and being disingenuous about why she is dodging debating Will.

As a reminder, Will is not condoning and is actually discouraging supporters from making personal attacks against Paulette.

From real coverstions I've had with just (many registered Republicans) folks though, it seems the ones who know her record most are the ones who most don't want her elected.

Edited by Well Read

I am going to take a wild guess here and say that no matter what she does or does not do it won't change your mind one way or the other. You just are not going to vote for this lady.unsure.gif

I agree. it's all a big game for them. and all any of the Avery supporters are doing on this board is making him look bad. Those same folks wonder why I have said time and again a candidate shouldn't come here. And I just LOVE all of the assumptions being made.

You are right. The comment you referred to was not called for and seemed personal. However, Paulette is being disrepectful of voters by dodging and being disingenuous about why she is dodging debating Will.

As a reminder, Will is not condoning and is actually discouraging supporters from making personal attacks against Paulette.

From real coverstions I've had with just (those who are angry and bitter Stout lost) folks though, it seems the ones who know her record most are the ones who most don't want her elected.

Fixed it for ya

• Like 2

Those of you so concerned about the letter behind Will's name, and how that may affect his "power" in Atlanta should think back to the 2002 election. Were you all voting for Democrats then because they were in power?

And those who think that nothing is coming from the Democratic representatives, should know that Republicans hold only 34 of the 56 senate seats and 107 of the 180 house seats. That's a solid majority to be sure, but not one that lends itself to running roughshod over the entire Democratic membership. It is also interesting to note that nearly every major piece of legislation passed over the last 8 years of Republican control has had a democratic co-sponsor.

The Republican leadership of the State of Georgia does not discount the value of the Democratic membership. This isn't Washington DC and the Legislature is not controlled by partisan activist only interested in maintaining power. it appears that is what many of you wish for however, and that's a real shame.

Good, innovative ideas are what we need right now, and I don't give a rat's patoot where they come from, as long as they come. For the last few years the seat filler in the 19th district was all about moving up in the hierarchy and not about bringing prosperity to the people of Paulding and the State of Georgia. It's time that stopped and we had somebody that listens, understands, and responds to the needs of his constituency, not to the needs of the guy whose arse needs kissing. The last truly elected representative was by all accounts a powerful man in state politics, and the citizens of Paulding were but a nuisance to be dealt with for a couple of months every two years. He thought his power came from above, not below, and that is an assumption we allowed him to make by rewarding him with reelection for playing partisan games and engaging in quid pro quo.

I guess I am just concerned because (with the exception of Lots to Do's posts) I see nothing but "Paulette bashing" from the Avery supporters. Nothing really constructive, just bashing, name calling, grade schoolish behavior.

I would like to know what Mr. Avery would have done as to voting for the tax increases if he would have been placed in the same position as Paulette. Paulette has been a long time resident here and she probably understands about the exceptional growth our county has experienced in the last few years. I would like to hear from Mr. Avery as to what he would have done differently had he been placed in the same position as Paulette. What would he have done as a member of our school board differently had he been "in her shoes". I don't want to hear what he would have done differently as a county commissioner, I want to hear what he would do differently as a school board member put in the EXACT situation that Paulette was and with the same set of circumstances.

Honestly, I am not favoring one candidate over the other; however, you do have to understand what our county as gone through in terms of growth - it has not been an easy challenge for anyone in an elected position.

And as far as party affiliation, I could give a flying flip over which party is in control. I simply want each and every generation after ours to have a better quality of life. Currently in the United States we are going backward instead of forward and that is not a very comforting feeling for me as a parent and grandparent.

• Like 1

BeachBum I by know means will call her a Lying B---H, But I can truthfully say The conversation I had with Paulette at the event held by the Chamber ,she certaintly was not being truthful to me.

Both her campaign Staff and Paulette both stated that she had only voted for one tax increase while serving on the School Board, I think that even you would agree that this is not the truth?????

In any event her record has been posted just recently here,And her supporters have quit agreeing with her on that point.

A candidate should be honest about their voting records, They are easy to obtain?

I guess I am just concerned because (with the exception of Lots to Do's posts) I see nothing but "Paulette bashing" from the Avery supporters. Nothing really constructive, just bashing, name calling, grade schoolish behavior.

I would like to know what Mr. Avery would have done as to voting for the tax increases if he would have been placed in the same position as Paulette. Paulette has been a long time resident here and she probably understands about the exceptional growth our county has experienced in the last few years. I would like to hear from Mr. Avery as to what he would have done differently had he been placed in the same position as Paulette. What would he have done as a member of our school board differently had he been "in her shoes". I don't want to hear what he would have done differently as a county commissioner, I want to hear what he would do differently as a school board member put in the EXACT situation that Paulette was and with the same set of circumstances.

Honestly, I am not favoring one candidate over the other; however, you do have to understand what our county as gone through in terms of growth - it has not been an easy challenge for anyone in an elected position.

And as far as party affiliation, I could give a flying flip over which party is in control. I simply want each and every generation after ours to have a better quality of life. Currently in the United States we are going backward instead of forward and that is not a very comforting feeling for me as a parent and grandparent.

That would make an interesting debate question wouldn't it? :)

BeachBum I know Will, He is a friend of mine,I by no means claim to be be answering for Will. Will Avery is a well educated person, And comes from a family of educators, Some of which are still teaching in the small town in which he grew up, And also is married to a very fine lady, Who also is a teacher in the Paulding County School District.

Having said that I can tell you that Will would have built Classrooms for the kids with our tax dollars, Before he would have used our tax dollars to build Gyms, Auditoriums, and facilities for the School Board and Adminstrative staff, And placed our kids in trailers. I know.......We are bashing Paulette when we talk about her voting record while serving on the School Board, But......Her record is their for all to see, Let's have a debate, Let her defend her record, Ask Will in an open debate what he would have done differently.

LET THE DEBATES BEGIN!!!!!!

BeachBum I by know means will call her a Lying B---H, But I can truthfully say The conversation I had with Paulette at the event held by the Chamber ,she certaintly was not being truthful to me.

Both her campaign Staff and Paulette both stated that she had only voted for one tax increase while serving on the School Board, I think that even you would agree that this is not the truth?????

In any event her record has been posted just recently here,And her supporters have quit agreeing with her on that point.

A candidate should be honest about their voting records, They are easy to obtain?

No, just quit arguing with you about it.

BeachBum I know Will, He is a friend of mine,I by no means claim to be be answering for Will. Will Avery is a well educated person, And comes from a family of educators, Some of which are still teaching in the small town in which he grew up, And also is married to a very fine lady, Who also is a teacher in the Paulding County School District.

Having said that I can tell you that Will would have built Classrooms for the kids with our tax dollars, Before he would have used our tax dollars to build Gyms, Auditoriums, and facilities for the School Board and Adminstrative staff, And placed our kids in trailers. I know.......We are bashing Paulette when we talk about her voting record while serving on the School Board, But......Her record is their for all to see, Let's have a debate, Let her defend her record, Ask Will in an open debate what he would have done differently.

LET THE DEBATES BEGIN!!!!!!

But with the passing of the school bond, we thankfully have sufficient classrooms. I'm not quite sure what you are insinuating but gyms, auditoriums, etc. are also critical components to a child's development. Physical education, theater, etc. happen to also be a part of the curriculum of a school system. Do you want our school system to exclude those who might have interests outside what you might consider the "normal realm" - all other school districts do not, so should we?

As for Will's record, well....he simply does not have one. He might be the best thing since "sliced bread"; however, he has yet to prove that. I sincerely hope that if he is elected that he will do wonderful things for our community. One thing I have learned though in my "older" age - saying and doing are completely two different things.

Edited by Beach Bum
  • Like 1

But with the passing of the school bond, we thankfully have sufficient classrooms. I'm not quite sure what you are insinuating but gyms, auditoriums, etc. are also critical components to a child's development. Physical education, theater, etc. happen to also be a part of the curriculum of a school system. Do you want our school system to exclude those who might have interests outside what you might consider the "normal realm" - all other school districts do not, so should we?

As for Will's record, well....he simply does not have one. He might be the best thing since "sliced bread"; however, he has yet to prove that. I sincerely hope that if he is elected that he will do wonderful things for our community. One thing I have learned though in my "older" age - saying and doing are completely two different things.

On behalf of sane and rational Will supporters, can I say that people that call Ms. Braddock a "b___h" do not speak for us, and I would be pretty darn comfortable in saying that they would not speak for Will either. Just as there are Tea Partiers that say some pretty disgusting things, and just as Rev. Jeremiah Wright said some pretty disgusting things, it does not mean that we can extrapolate those thoughts to all people who support a candidate or an organization.

That being said, I think, in due time, people will realize the true Paulette Braddock. She may have a voting record, but if you begin to comb through it, it becomes very evident that this is experience that nobody needs.

As I have said before, I think that this race should be judged on two things: what a person says that they will do for Paulding County and the actions of that individual. I will concede that Will does not have a huge history (at least in the political realm) to speak of, but when push comes to shove, we have a choice of someone with a shady and pretty bad past with someone who promises something for the future. I know who I have chosen, but I respect others when they come to different conclusions, no matter how wrong I think they may be. I'm a Democrat, but darn it, if there weren't Republicans out there, Lord knows where our country would be!

I end with this: for all of you fellow Avery supporters-- let's not make Will (or ourselves) look bad. Calling anyone any sort of name is pointless. Talk about record. Talk about issues. But let's not stoop to the level of fifth graders, because even some of them know better.

• Like 1

Not insinuating anything Just stating a fact that Paulette voted for gyms, Theaters, as a priority over classrooms which meant that Paulette had to vote for a $125 million dollar school bond to provide the classrooms, These are facts, And this is not what a person running as a conservative should be voting for.

Heck Kim Cobb ® Defeated Paulette in 2008 by a landslide Using some of these very same facts to defeat her, Along with some of her business dealings, and other inappropriate actions!!!!

e]

You will forfeit representation if you elect a Dem to a Republican controlled House. He won't have a voice in anything in his own caucus much less with the greater House. Don't kid yourself here. If he is elected, don't expect anything to happen in Paulding unless it is from Howard Maxwell.

Following through with your assumption,It would be useless to vote for any congressman or Senator in the state of Georgia since the Democrats are the majority in both the US congress and Senate?

What has Howard Maxwell or Heath done for Paulding County over the past several years? Really can you give me some items that they have supported that helped Paulding County Citizens????

Not insinuating anything Just stating a fact that Paulette voted for gyms, Theaters, as a priority over classrooms which meant that Paulette had to vote for a $125 million dollar school bond to provide the classrooms, These are facts, And this is not what a person running as a conservative should be voting for.

Heck Kim Cobb ® Defeated Paulette in 2008 by a landslide Using some of these very same facts to defeat her, Along with some of her business dealings, and other inappropriate actions!!!!

e]

Sure did, Kim Cobb debated Paulette, and beat her in the debate, And went on to win by a landslide. Of course the debate was not the sole reason for the landslide, Paulette's voting record while serving on the school board was also a factor in the defeat, I am quite sure that the voters have not forgot this quickly?

[/b]

Sure did, Kim Cobb debated Paulette, and beat her in the debate, And went on to win by a landslide. Of course the debate was not the sole reason for the landslide, Paulette's voting record while serving on the school board was also a factor in the defeat, I am quite sure that the voters have not forgot this quickly?

Well, maybe Paulette is smarter than I give her credit for being. Then again, it's probably her handlers.