Paulding.com

Braddock - Avery Debate

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had close to 100 years of Yellow Dog Democrats in the south. Still recovering from the Republican Reconstruction of the South, no one could get elected to anything if they were not a Democrat. And

Now there you go again changing the subject, BTW Bill Clinton is not running for House District 19, Only Will And Paulette.   Do you recall the many times that Paulette voted for a budget that requi

That's not the point of my post at all. I can't vote in this election. The voters did choose their candidate from among 3 Republicans to represent them.   My post is about the fact that some of t

He wasn't conservative enough to qualify as a Republican though.

Not that it should be that way - but we ALL know that in GA and Paulding that is what you'd expect from a conservative candidate.... Republican, not Democrat.

The paulding County Republicans sure failed to qualify a conservative candidate in District 19, paulette is no conservative,Look at her record while serving on the School Board, Nothing but tax and spend every year, Her record speaks volumes as to how she stands

He wasn't conservative enough to qualify as a Republican though.

Not that it should be that way - but we ALL know that in GA and Paulding that is what you'd expect from a conservative candidate.... Republican, not Democrat.

No, I feel it is more along the lines of he was too honest to try to run as a Paulding GOP Candidate.

Our local GOP has preached and run on Conservative Values for the past 10+ years, yet when the rocks are turned over and the slugs exposed to sunlight they all run away from conservative values.

From having affairs, to voting for tax increase after tax increase they like to talk the talk of Conservatism, and then they live lifestyles and cast votes which are the opposite.

Our local GOP has become the laughing stock of the state. Under the gold dome everyone wants to know if it is a requirement for the Paulding GOP elected to be lieing, deceitful, philandering politicians who have never met a tax increase they could not support ?

And Braddock's record is even worse.

Missed votes, missed meetings at the BOE, and she VOTED FOR EVERY TAX INCREASE PROPOSED FOR HER 8 YEARS THERE. Plus voting for the Bond Referendum BOTH times, while approving the BOE building administrative buildings, gyms and theaters which the state does not provide matching funds for only to approve putting the BOND on the ballot twice so they could then build classrooms.

Will Avery is indeed the most conservative candidate to enter into the race for the District 19 seat since Charlie Watts was defeated by Glenn Richardson. And Will has empty closets. All of them. No boneyards.....no bones.....

Can Paulette say the same ? And can she tell us how she is going to change her tax increase mentality she showed from 2000 to 2008 ?

Is that conservative voting ?

The difference between what Will said there and what is going on now is vast. "Negative campaigning" is doing things like Mr. Golden did, sending out a mailer that, without any evidence whatsoever, implied that Mr. Stout was still engaging in extramarital affairs. Read the mailer, it said that pretty much straight out.

Speaking about truths that relate very directly to the future ability of someone to govern, respond to people, or be an honest and open representative is not "negative campaigning." Sure, Paulette may not much like it, and she may see it "negatively," but sometimes the truth hurts--to put it more bluntly than I should.

For feelip to point out that Ms. Braddock plans to vacation while she should be listening to the concerns of voters is absolutely correct. As I said on the other thread, this is the season where most candidates at least pretend to listen to voters, and at least feign interest in communicating their values to them. If she would rather take this time to go on vacation (presumably somewhere far, far away from Paulding County), I think that's a very valid concern. Does she have a history of not being around? Will she have a future of it too?

Valid points, I think. Madea-- I know you're going to disagree with me completely, and call me a hypocrite, etc. You're on the other side, and that's okay. But the fact is that Paulding County voters deserve to know who they are electing, and even moreso, they deserve to know where they stand, and on how they would try to solve problems. Will has done that, and I have yet to hear Ms. Braddock say anything but empty buzzwords.

Are you ever going to tell me what makes P'ette such a grand candidate? All I ever hear from you is how bad Will's supporters are. Best I can tell that is about all you can come up with.

What is it that P'ette has to offer that makes her such an excellent candidate? I think Will has answered every question that has been posed on p.com yet I have not heard one person that is able to tell why they support P'ette. (And you know I mean something besides having that "R" after her name).