Paulding.com

Braddock - Avery Debate

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had close to 100 years of Yellow Dog Democrats in the south. Still recovering from the Republican Reconstruction of the South, no one could get elected to anything if they were not a Democrat. And

Now there you go again changing the subject, BTW Bill Clinton is not running for House District 19, Only Will And Paulette.   Do you recall the many times that Paulette voted for a budget that requi

That's not the point of my post at all. I can't vote in this election. The voters did choose their candidate from among 3 Republicans to represent them.   My post is about the fact that some of t

I hear that there is a debate coming up in October sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Seems that Ms. Braddock is not available for the debate. Makes me wonder if she will be available to represent the 19th District. On second thought, we would probably be better off if she just stayed home.

I hear that there is a debate coming up in October sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. Seems that Ms. Braddock is not available for the debate. Makes me wonder if she will be available to represent the 19th District. On second thought, we would probably be better off if she just stayed home.

I suppose it is far too much trouble to attend, what with her many international business commitments and all. Face it. She is going to rest on the ( R ) behind her name and hope that she doesn't have to open her mouth and say something she will later regret. The people of Paulding County are the losers.

I suppose it is far too much trouble to attend, what with her many international business commitments and all. Face it. She is going to rest on the ( R ) behind her name and hope that she doesn't have to open her mouth and say something she will later regret. The people of Paulding County are the losers.

Ditto.

Paulette showed her political standing while sitting on the BOE. Never met a tax increase she disagreed with. Conservative my butt.

She is, and will be running on the "R", and the fact the Galloway-Shearin Clique has her back. The disappointing part of this is it could well win her the election, and Paulding County gets a new Cynthia McKinney of our very own downtown.

Partisan politics is destroying our political system, and this is a classic example of how.

I sincerely hope our voters will indeed educate themselves on these 2 candidates and look at the individual candidate and what they can, and cannot do for Paulding......instead of voting for an "R" or a "D". Paulding needs some qualified representation under the Gold Dome. We have not had any representation looking out for US in 10 years or more now, and our local economy shows the effects of that lack of representation. Do we want more of the same, or someone new to legislate for the citizens of Paulding?

• Like 1

Ditto.

Paulette showed her political standing while sitting on the BOE. Never met a tax increase she disagreed with. Conservative my butt.

She is, and will be running on the "R", and the fact the Galloway-Shearin Clique has her back. The disappointing part of this is it could well win her the election, and Paulding County gets a new Cynthia McKinney of our very own downtown.

Partisan politics is destroying our political system, and this is a classic example of how.

I sincerely hope our voters will indeed educate themselves on these 2 candidates and look at the individual candidate and what they can, and cannot do for Paulding......instead of voting for an "R" or a "D". Paulding needs some qualified representation under the Gold Dome. We have not had any representation looking out for US in 10 years or more now, and our local economy shows the effects of that lack of representation. Do we want more of the same, or someone new to legislate for the citizens of Paulding?

Ok be careful,SOLO and Madea will start defending her. The Dark side grows stronger by the dayninja.gif

Ok be careful,SOLO and Madea will start defending her. The Dark side grows stronger by the dayninja.gif

I think the whole bunch has decided the best thing they can do is to stay hidden until after the election and hope that enough "dumbed down" voters will show up and punch the "R". I have to agree that it is probably the best strategy. The less the voters know about Paulette, the better off she is.

I think the whole bunch has decided the best thing they can do is to stay hidden until after the election and hope that enough "dumbed down" voters will show up and punch the "R". I have to agree that it is probably the best strategy. The less the voters know about Paulette, the better off she is.

The Alvin Greene strategy.

I'm simply not playing your game anymore. There's nothing I can say to change your mind, and I won't try again. You and the others do nothing but hurl insults and I'm tired of playing that game.

The Alvin Greene strategy.

I expected more from you. I consider my view more of an "Atlas Shrugged" attitude. Or a Biblical "cast not your pearls".

i heard that she has turned down multiple requests for debates as she will be out of town!!!!!

I'm simply not playing your game anymore. There's nothing I can say to change your mind, and I won't try again. You and the others do nothing but hurl insults and I'm tired of playing that game.

Are you not the least bit concerned that Paulette isn't capable of articulating her platform in a public forum? It must be like voting for the Wizard of Oz.

What is really going to suck is when you find that it is Jerry and the Galloways behind the curtain.

I expected more from you. I consider my view more of an "Atlas Shrugged" attitude. Or a Biblical "cast not your pearls".

Exit stage door on the Right!!! You are correct Madea.drinks.gif

Are you not the least bit concerned that Paulette isn't capable of articulating her platform in a public forum? It must be like voting for the Wizard of Oz.

What is really going to suck is when you find that it is Jerry and the Galloways behind the curtain.

I made the mistake of voting AGAINST someone in the last Presidential election. I.will.not.make.that.mistake.again.

Believe me, I'm not voting against anyone. I am voting for the best candidate. I am also voting for the only candidate that is willing to put it on the line and field questions from anyone at anytime. I could not and will not vote for someone that is too sneaky or arrogant to feel the need to communicate with the voters. You guys hang in there with your "Republicans can do no wrong theory." I ain't buying it.

And for crying out loud, use that noggin and stop trying to connect a District 19 candidate with Obama. Sounds just like something Paulette would say. :blink:

Believe me, I'm not voting against anyone. I am voting for the best candidate. I am also voting for the only candidate that is willing to put it on the line and field questions from anyone at anytime. I could not and will not vote for someone that is too sneaky or arrogant to feel the need to communicate with the voters. You guys hang in there with your "Republicans can do no wrong theory." I ain't buying it.

And for crying out loud, use that noggin and stop trying to connect a District 19 candidate with Obama. Sounds just like something Paulette would say. :blink:

A Dem, is a Dem, is a Dem. Looks like it's gonna be another I told you so. Don't forget you were warned. :drinks:

• Like 1

Madea, who wins if one candidate refuses to discuss the issues, and stays out of sight? Surely you can't see this as a positive for the voters of Paulding. If Paulette is the best candidate for the job, let her prove it to us. Will answered your questions that you inappropriately claimed he wouldn't address. Let Paulette answer some of ours.

Staying out of the spotlight and away from debating the issues is obviously Paulette's strategy (please prove me wrong), and it is the strategy that won Alvin Greene the Democratic spot on the ticket in SC. If I was applying for a job and I thought I was the best person for the position, I would bend over backwards to prove it to my perspective employers, not go "out of town". What's so important that she would miss a job interview? If the election were important to her, and she really had good substantial ideas, logic says that she would do the same.

I'm not sure what you expected from me, unless it was blindly voting for the Republican candidate. I have not engaged in any mud slinging whatsoever, and if I do, call me on it.

• Like 2

Madea, who wins if one candidate refuses to discuss the issues, and stays out of sight? Surely you can't see this as a positive for the voters of Paulding. If Paulette is the best candidate for the job, let her prove it to us. Will answered your questions that you inappropriately claimed he wouldn't address. Let Paulette answer some of ours.

Staying out of the spotlight and away from debating the issues is obviously Paulette's strategy (please prove me wrong), and it is the strategy that won Alvin Greene the Democratic spot on the ticket in SC. If I was applying for a job and I thought I was the best person for the position, I would bend over backwards to prove it to my perspective employers, not go "out of town". What's so important that she would miss a job interview? If the election were important to her, and she really had good substantial ideas, logic says that she would do the same.

I'm not sure what you expected from me, unless it was blindly voting for the Republican candidate. I have not engaged in any mud slinging whatsoever, and if I do, call me on it.

right on!!!!

A Dem, is a Dem, is a Dem. Looks like it's gonna be another I told you so. Don't forget you were warned. :drinks:

You mean like the last president to balance a budget or even have a surplus?

The argument that only Republican candidates or R worshipers can be fiscally responsible and/or competent is so obviously wrong. It is a really lame-tired-bogus-wrong disconnected from reality view.

I vote and campaign for Republicans every election cycle but to in effect nearly blindly worship a party? How does that make sense in any universe?

• Like 1

You mean like the last president to balance a budget or even have a surplus?

The argument that only Republican candidates or R worshipers can be fiscally responsible and/or competent is so obviously wrong. It is a really lame-tired-bogus-wrong disconnected from reality view.

I vote and campaign for Republicans every election cycle but to in effect nearly blindly worship a party? How does that make sense in any universe?

A Politician, is a Politician, is a Politician. I don't believe anything they say. I think I've seen too many elected officials vote along party lines when pressed.

A Politician, is a Politician, is a Politician. I don't believe anything they say. I think I've seen too many elected official vote along party lines when pressed.

There is way too much of that on both sides of the aisle. Republicans are a little bit more guilty of it but there is plenty of that blame to go around. I know Will Avery well though and I believe he will surprise you in that regard. He is more in that moral middle that both parties have a few of but don't make good "man bites dog" stories.

We had close to 100 years of Yellow Dog Democrats in the south. Still recovering from the Republican Reconstruction of the South, no one could get elected to anything if they were not a Democrat. And it was totally based on lingering memories of the Civil War and its aftermath.

So now we have Yellow Dog Republicans doing the same thing today in Paulding County.

Supporting the "R", just because there is no way in hell they will support a "D", even if the "D" is a far superior choice for the district 19 seat.

And this comes after 2 rather piss poor previous "R" holders of that seat up for election. Many of those who will vote for Braddock still think Richardson hung the moon even after learning of his years of lies.

It is a sad and pitiful time that our local politics have reached this level of intolerance that many would knowing elect a candidate who is not qualified for the job, over a candidate who is indeed well qualified for that job, just because of the "R" or "D".

And at the same time, they are tacitly promoting the goals of that same clique who has controlled the local GOP and our politics for the past 15 years. A vote for Braddock will help Shearin, Galloway, and company keep their foot in the door.

• Like 4

We had close to 100 years of Yellow Dog Democrats in the south. Still recovering from the Republican Reconstruction of the South, no one could get elected to anything if they were not a Democrat. And it was totally based on lingering memories of the Civil War and its aftermath.

So now we have Yellow Dog Republicans doing the same thing today in Paulding County.

Supporting the "R", just because there is no way in hell they will support a "D", even if the "D" is a far superior choice for the district 19 seat.

And this comes after 2 rather piss poor previous "R" holders of that seat up for election. Many of those who will vote for Braddock still think Richardson hung the moon even after learning of his years of lies.

It is a sad and pitiful time that our local politics have reached this level of intolerance that many would knowing elect a candidate who is not qualified for the job, over a candidate who is indeed well qualified for that job, just because of the "R" or "D".

And at the same time, they are tacitly promoting the goals of that same clique who has controlled the local GOP and our politics for the past 15 years. A vote for Braddock will help Shearin, Galloway, and company keep their foot in the door.

you can say that again - we need to get them out of the picture - we need a "new paulding"

You are so right. Maybe they should start a new church. Worship the "R" with Saint Ronald as the first Patron Saint with faith and obedience being absolutely required in spite of overwhelming evidence of the lack of wisdom of lock-step voting....

There you go again,the common sense thing screws them up every time.unsure.gif

One thing I can guarantee you, if Paulette wins we will be right back where we started only this time we will have Shearin and Company in charge without the leadership of the only person in that group that had any common sense. Jerry as a loose cannon, without someone to tell him how far to go, will be a big mistake. And save the crap about Shearin not being on the ballot, I already know just how deep into this race he is. His reputation with the state GOP is at stake. His name IS on the ballot. ;)

One thing I can guarantee you, if Paulette wins we will be right back where we started only this time we will have Shearin and Company in charge without the leadership of the only person in that group that had any common sense. Jerry as a loose cannon, without someone to tell him how far to go, will be a big mistake. And save the crap about Shearin not being on the ballot, I already know just how deep into this race he is. His reputation with the state GOP is at stake. His name IS on the ballot. ;)

There appears to be a lot of people's reputations at stake with the GOP in this local election. Those that are putting it on the line better hope they are right about Avery. If they are wrong, there's gonna be He** to pay!! Remember endorsements are further reaching than just in good ole Paulding County.

BTW, isn't there already a video of a debate between Braddock and Avery?? Didn't they already do this at the chamber office??

There appears to be a lot of people's reputations at stake with the GOP in this local election. Those that are putting it on the line better hope they are right about Avery. If they are wrong, there's gonna be He** to pay!! Remember endorsements are further reaching than just in good ole Paulding County.

BTW, isn't there already a video of a debate between Braddock and Avery?? Didn't they already do this at the chamber office??

From the other side of that same coin NG, there are alot of us who know Paulette and what she stands for and has stood for better than we like to remember from days past. I will take my chances with Will any day of the week over what I know about Paulette.

I did not see any debate between Paulette and Will. Maybe Pubby has something.

No.

Yes there is. It just had all of the primary candidates on it. They could be edited out!rolleyes.gif Check with the local comcast channel. I thought the chamber did another one that surepip talked about. Why don't you ask him.

No there was not a debate on either of those forum nights. I was there. They were very limited forums where all of the candidates had a short time to introduce themselves and then answer one question pulled by a random drawing at best. At the one at the theater, Paulette pulled a hammer from a brown paper bag which seemed pretty strange. The one at Stars & Strikes was even more limited.

What we need is to have a non-partisan group sponsor 2 or 3 one on one real debates. What is she afraid of? Why shouldn't her supporters want her to shine and let the voters make an informed decision?

Edited by Well Read

Jerry is gone, get over it.

Jerry is gone, get over it.

From your mouth to God's ear!

You either don't know what you are talking about or you are trying to buffalo everyone.

It must have been his twin that was escorting Paulette around the other day.

And I got a message from some folks under the Gold Dome today that Jerry Shearin and Virginia Galloway had been there recently politicking on Paulette's behalf. Must have just been a coincidence huh? They were beating the Tom Melanese drum about the millage rate increase.

Jerry and company are VERY much involved in this race. If Paulette loses they are out.

And I hope the door does not hit them too hard in the butt on their way out.

They screwed up the county bad enough. Time for them to be gone once and for all.

And I got a message from some folks under the Gold Dome today that Jerry Shearin and Virginia Galloway had been there recently politicking on Paulette's behalf. Must have just been a coincidence huh? They were beating the Tom Melanese drum about the millage rate increase.

Jerry and company are VERY much involved in this race. If Paulette loses they are out.

And I hope the door does not hit them too hard in the butt on their way out.

They screwed up the county bad enough. Time for them to be gone once and for all.

Did it come from some of this guy's Lobbist friends? Don't know how much faith I would put in that.

http://gapolitico.com/?p=14643

Why do you not just go away. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about AT ALL.... NONE

Sorry you are upset because you have been call on the carpet for running your mouth and being such a jerk.

Did it come from some of this guy's Lobbist friends? Don't know how much faith I would put in that.

http://gapolitico.com/?p=14643

No, this was Virginia Galloway and Jerry Shearin knocking on doors downtown, trashing Davis Austin and the BOC for the horrendous tax increase which resulted in 75% or more of the Paulding tax payers seeing a decrease in their taxes this year.

Sad, truly sad that there are former elected officials out there spreading falsehoods and downright lies.