Paulding.com

Candidate Transparency ?

Seems Ms Braddock is a bit behind on her campaign disclosures.ninja.gif

She filed an amended June 30 report this past week with an explanation of how she had to get an accountant to redo the figures to make them right. And that took an additional 6 weeks

She has not filed the required "6 days prior to primary" report which is supposed to be available prior to the run-off election which was last Tuesday.

Daniel Stout did file his the week before the primary, not that it did him any good. At least he followed the rules.

Disclosures

Where's the disclosure report Paulette ?mad.gif

Yeah, that's right.

I guess I am "bashing" you as you so aptly introduced me to your group Tuesday evening with ......."This is Surepip, the guy who bashes me all the time on p.com."drinks.gif

Now if you can't keep track of the Little Money for your run-off campaign and submit the reports on time, what are you going to do when you get involved with the Big Money for the general election, and the Lobbyists there after ?

She filed an amended June 30 report this past week with an explanation of how she had to get an accountant to redo the figures to make them right. And that took an additional 6 weeks

She has not filed the required "6 days prior to primary" report which is supposed to be available prior to the run-off election which was last Tuesday.

Daniel Stout did file his the week before the primary, not that it did him any good. At least he followed the rules.

Disclosures

Yeah, that's right.

I guess I am "bashing" you as you so aptly introduced me to your group Tuesday evening with ......."This is Surepip, the guy who bashes me all the time on p.com."drinks.gif

Now if you can't keep track of the Little Money for your run-off campaign and submit the reports on time, what are you going to do when you get involved with the Big Money for the general election, and the Lobbyists there after ?

My guess is that a contributor or 2 would "look bad" or smell bad re: who of the old guard is backing her. Or was money passed through somene else to hide the actual source? The smoke is thick and suggests some unsavory backing.

On another note.....Will received a contribution from People for the American Way, an extremely liberal progressive advocacy group.

And $150 from PUBBY. :lol:

That right there might be enough to swing me back right. :yahoo:

Disclosure

One other one locally rofl.gif and the rest who (on the surface) really shouldn't have anything to do with local Paulding County politics.

I notice the same people dogging Paulette that dogged Beverly. I'm beginning to wonder if ya'll don't have more than a touch of misogyny?

:blink:

I find it a serious allegation to have ignored the mandated filing time to let the voters know who her donors were.

It was due before the primary run-off and it seems she just chose to ignore that requirement.

She has no financial transaction shown since June.

I don't see that as an auspicious beginning to her campaign.

And I reckon Paulette is backed by some of the same group who was backing Beverly so I can imagine you will see much of the same dogging out of most of those commenting.

And I reckon Paulette is backed by some of the same group who was backing Beverly so I can imagine you will see much of the same dogging out of most of those commenting.

Uh, yes. That'd be REPUBLICANS since they both ran on the republican ticket.

Disclosures

Yeah, that's right.

I have learned that if you set out to trash a candidate you do a good job of it. You were very successful with those you backed before the runoff election. They all won I believe. I truly hope you are not successful with your trashing of the 19th District conservative candidate. No, that would not be Will Avery because there is no way he is a conservative. If he does win how much will he be able to do for Paulding County caucusing with the minority Democrats? I don't believe the numbers will change that much. They may even lose a few.

And there are an awful lot of other Paulding Republicans who will be supporting as well as voting for Will Avery come November.

I have spoken with very few Paulding Republicans who are going to support Braddock. Rank and file for the most part.

I have learned that if you set out to trash a candidate you do a good job of it. You were very successful with those you backed before the runoff election. They all won I believe. I truly hope you are not successful with your trashing of the 19th District conservative candidate. No, that would not be Will Avery because there is no way he is a conservative. If he does win how much will he be able to do for Paulding County caucusing with the minority Democrats? I don't believe the numbers will change that much. They may even lose a few.

Asking where her overdue disclosure reports are and why they were not filed on time is not "Trashing" a candidate.

Is there something we are all unaware of which exempts Ms Braddock from filing her reports like everyone else ? Something special ?

I think it is wrong to not provide the little bit of information the State requires about a candidates finances before the election as specified by law.

Asking where her overdue disclosure reports are and why they were not filed on time is not "Trashing" a candidate.

Is there something we are all unaware of which exempts Ms Braddock from filing her reports like everyone else ? Something special ?

I think it is wrong to not provide the little bit of information the State requires about a candidates finances before the election as specified by law.

I have absolutely no doubt that she will.smile.gif

I, for one, thank you, Surepip. Paulette has been very open about providing all of her contact numbers. I'll give her a call and ask her about the financial disclosure. In the meantime, I appreciate your bringing this up. I would have probably not thought to look at Avery's and see where his dollars are coming from. Very interesting donor for such a "conservative" democrat.

I, for one, thank you, Surepip. Paulette has been very open about providing all of her contact numbers. I'll give her a call and ask her about the financial disclosure. In the meantime, I appreciate your bringing this up. I would have probably not thought to look at Avery's and see where his dollars are coming from. Very interesting donor for such a "conservative" democrat.

I like Will. But his contributor list is somewhat troubling. Not the least of which is State Senator Nan Orrock, along with the aforementioned PFAW. I'm assuming that the personal injury lawyers and other Alabama contributors are family or personal friends.

Will, If you are reading this, can you comment?

And there are an awful lot of other Paulding Republicans who will be supporting as well as voting for Will Avery come November.

I have spoken with very few Paulding Republicans who are going to support Braddock. Rank and file for the most part.

Then they are not Republicans. I hope they make themselves known to the real party members!!!!!! Maybe they are RINOs. No I think that word would be too good for those folks. Maybe wolves in sheep's clothing would fit them better. Maybe past members would fit even better.dry.gif

I have absolutely no doubt that she will.smile.gif

You seem to miss the point.

The law requires this discloser be made 6 days before the run-off. It is now 6 days AFTER the run-off and she still has not filed, not that it matters now.

The point of the law is to let you see who did, or did not donate BEFORE the vote.

Then they are not Republicans. I hope they make themselves known to the real party members!!!!!! Maybe they are RINOs. No I think that word would be too good for those folks. Maybe wolves in sheep's clothing would fit them better. Maybe past members would fit even better.dry.gif

Or possibly they know and are aware of what an embarassment Braddock would be for Paulding under the Gold Dome ?

Not all card carrying Republicans wear the blinders and drink the cool ade. Some actually think, and realize when their local party has allowed a MAJOR mistake to happen with a candidate.

I haven't looked but someone just told me she e-filed it on 8-12-2010. Guess I will have to go look for myself.

NOPE!

What she filed on 08/12/10 was an amended 6/30/10 discloser. On the last page she apologizes and tells how she had to hand it over to an account to get it right and that is why it took another 6 weeks.

She has filed NOTHING for the 08/04/10 required "6 days before run-off" filing.

This should have been done no later than the Friday before the election, 08/06/10. She won, but only because the Ethics Commission in Georgia are impotent neutered groups who can't enforce anything. Same group who found no problem with Richardson and the AGL Lobbyist.

Braddock has some serious explaining to do on why she has not filed.

I haven't looked but someone just told me she e-filed it on 8-12-2010. Guess I will have to go look for myself.

I posted the link in the opening topic if you want to check it out for yourself.

And $150 from PUBBY. :lol:

That right there might be enough to swing me back right. :yahoo:

Disclosure

The $150.00 from me was an award to the candidate who got the most votes in a contest I was running on GAnews.com.

Here is the poll and a discussion of the rules. I emailed very state candidate in the state on both the GOP and Democratic sides of the aisle. In fact, the second place winner was: Darwin Carter, Republican candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture.

I had hoped that the contest, which actually offered $1 per 'vote' cast would have been more successful. I had hoped more candidates would have participated.

It was an experiment that convinced me that GAnews will need more input/effort.

Still, it did demonstrate that Will Avery was best at getting out the vote. I mean, he waxed all the competition in that early-on race to get folks to do something like voting.

But bottom line, Will earned that 'contribution' in a contribution contest in competition with a bunch of other candidates.

pubby

The $150.00 from me was an award to the candidate who got the most votes in a contest I was running on GAnews.com.

Here is the poll and a discussion of the rules. I emailed very state candidate in the state on both the GOP and Democratic sides of the aisle. In fact, the second place winner was: Darwin Carter, Republican candidate for Commissioner of Agriculture.

I had hoped that the contest, which actually offered $1 per 'vote' cast would have been more successful. I had hoped more candidates would have participated.

It was, though, an experiment that convinced me that GAnews will need more input/effort.

Still, it did demonstrate that Will Avery was best at getting out the vote. I mean, he waxed all the competition in that early-on race to get folks to do something like voting.

But bottom line, Will earned that 'contribution' in a contribution contest in competition with a bunch of other candidates.

pubby

It worked, he returned most of his $150 to you in the form of a p.com membership. drinks.gif

I like Will. But his contributor list is somewhat troubling. Not the least of which is State Senator Nan Orrock, along with the aforementioned PFAW. I'm assuming that the personal injury lawyers and other Alabama contributors are family or personal friends.

At least you had the opportunity to review his contributor's and Daniel Stout's.

Paulette Braddock still has not filed her disclosure and I don't understand the fact her supporters have no problems with this.

The Ethic Commission is very clear about when they want it filed, and that it absolutely can be no later than the weekend prior to the run-off vote. And here we are the weekend AFTER the run-off vote and there is still no filing.

What puts Braddock above the law here ? The fact she is running as a Republican and we only expect the "D"s to follow the rules ?

Thanks LTD for bringing all of this up. I am not going to try to hide any contributions that I received and plan to be completely transparent about everything. As far as PFAW goes, this was brought up several weeks ago by RR. He is a link to my response to it. To address the 150 contribution from Senator Orrock, she often donates to young candidates running for office. While the Senator and I do not agree on everything, I have respect for some of the work that she has done. She was instrumental in the Civil Rights movement through the 60's. I don't agree with anyone all of the time, and that includes the Democratic leadership in Georgia. As far as the attorneys that contributed to me, these people are dear friends of mine and have been for several years. They donated to me because they are my friends, and the fact that they are from Alabama should give you an idea that they have nothing to gain by me being elected. Hope this helps clear things up for you LTD and other.

At least you had the opportunity to review his contributor's and Daniel Stout's.

Paulette Braddock still has not filed her disclosure and I don't understand the fact her supporters have no problems with this.

The Ethic Commission is very clear about when they want it filed, and that it absolutely can be no later than the weekend prior to the run-off vote. And here we are the weekend AFTER the run-off vote and there is still no filing.

What puts Braddock above the law here ? The fact she is running as a Republican and we only expect the "D"s to follow the rules ?

Will's last published filing is also June 30. But he wasn't involved in a runoff, so I believe that he gets until September 30 for his next required filing. The grace period for Paulette's intermediate filing ended August 6th because she was involved in a runoff. Unfortunately, there is just a $25 fine for missing the date. This is a huge problem associated with the lack of ethical standards in Georgia politics that was promised to have been solved this last session and was once again completely ignored by the House and Senate.

Thanks LTD for bringing all of this up. I am not going to try to hide any contributions that I received and plan to be completely transparent about everything. As far as PFAW goes, this was brought up several weeks ago by RR. He is a link to my response to it. To address the 150 contribution from Senator Orrock, she often donates to young candidates running for office. While the Senator and I do not agree on everything, I have respect for some of the work that she has done. She was instrumental in the Civil Rights movement through the 60's. I don't agree with anyone all of the time, and that includes the Democratic leadership in Georgia. As far as the attorneys that contributed to me, these people are dear friends of mine and have been for several years. They donated to me because they are my friends, and the fact that they are from Alabama should give you an idea that they have nothing to gain by me being elected. Hope this helps clear things up for you LTD and other.

Will, thanks for responding. I had missed your previous response to the PFAW contribution, my apologies. I know that it's hard to resist a person waving a check in your face, even if you don't agree with them, but this is what you will face every day from the Wild Game Supper on through June every year you are in office. I assure you, that these folks will eventually expect something in the way of support later. Did you tell them that you didn't support their cause when you took the funds? This may seem like a harsh, even provocative question, but you can see the contradiction there, and these are the kind of questions that need to be answered if you want to prove that you are a Conservative Democrat. It is a conundrum that you will be forced to deal with.

As for Ms. Orrock, I also respect her civil rights and disability rights past, but absolutely disagree with her politics of redistribution and expansion of an Obamaesque Social Democracy. I hope that you do also.

I figured that the folks in Alabama were personal friends and family, there is certainly no harm in that. It would be a surprise if they didn't support you. It is great to have such a supportive group behind your campaign.

Right now, with Will Avery's available resources, do you really expect him to turn his back on a donation ?

I have some severe problems with Richardson donations from a previous campaign when I investigated the donors. All of a sudden out of the blue, EVERY poultry producer in the state of Georgia was donating $2000+, to the tune of more than $50,000. I assume there was a threat of a bill with a negative impact on the chicken guys, or one they wanted passed that never happened. None the less, it showed me the power Glenn had to raise money.

Will Avery does no have this kind of clout.

And we are talking donations of $100 or $200 ?

Will's heart is in the right place, and I have faith he will do the right thing when it comes time to vote. But in the interim, he is indeed the outsider looking for financial support. I don't expect him to turn down a donation because it comes from a union affiliated concern, or a group with a more liberal stance, no more than I would expect him to turn down a donation from a RTL group.

Will is up againt the Ralston - nee Richardson regime, where they have a bottomless checkbook.

Paulette has chosen to refuse to disclose her financial supporters even though the state ethics laws demand that she does, and you guys try to beat on Will for some "liberal groups" that he has disclosed. I may be off base, but that seems to be a rather blatant double standard. I can trash you because of who you accepted a donation from......but I don't have to follow the law and tell you who gave me donations ?

Come on guys, let's level out the playing field here.

And yes, I know, this is the same ethics commission who rubber stamped Speaker Richardson's denial of his affair with the AGL Lobbyist who he sponsored a bill for, whom he was ALLEDGED to be having an affair with. Please see the Dale Russell Fox5 interviews from last winter for more details. I believe the interviews were 5-10 minutes for 5 nights in a row.

Right now, with Will Avery's available resources, do you really expect him to turn his back on a donation ?

I have some severe problems with Richardson donations from a previous campaign when I investigated the donors. All of a sudden out of the blue, EVERY poultry producer in the state of Georgia was donating $2000+, to the tune of more than $50,000. I assume there was a threat of a bill with a negative impact on the chicken guys, or one they wanted passed that never happened. None the less, it showed me the power Glenn had to raise money.

Will's heart is in the right place, and I have faith he will do the right thing when it comes time to vote. But in the interim, he is indeed the outsider looking for financial support. I don't expect him to turn down a donation because it comes from a union affiliated concern, or a group with a more liberal stance, no more than I would expect him to turn down a donation from a RTL group.

Will is up againt the Ralston - nee Richardson regime, where they have a bottomless checkbook.

Paulette has chosen to refuse to disclose her financial supporters even though the state ethics laws demand that she does, and you guys try to beat on Will for some "liberal groups" that he has disclosed. I may be off base, but that seems to be a rather blatant double standard. I can trash you because of who you accepted a donation from......but I don't have to follow the law and tell you who gave me donations ?

And yes, I know, this is the same ethics commission who rubber stamped Speaker Richardson's denial of his affair with the AGL Lobbyist who he sponsored a bill for, whom he was ALLEDGED to be having an affair with. Please see the Dale Russell Fox5 interviews from last winter for more details. I believe the interviews were 5-10 minutes for 5 nights in a row.

Talk about trying to justify! OMG rofl.gif Since you've obviously seen all of the disclosures, then you know that Paulette ran a very good, grassroots campaign against a virtual Stout machine. He raised more money for this race than he would make in 4 years in that part-time job. blink.gif So, you want to talk limited resources?

I have to agree with Surepip. Braddock should not be allowed to run if she can't follow the rules. Why have the rule if you are not going to enforce it? More concerning however, is the fact that this may be indicative of her nature and general lack of discipline. How in the world is she going to effectively represent us if she can't get this one report done?

DISCLOSURE: I am on the fence on this particular election. I have met both candidates and plan to talk to them again. If Will didn't have that big ole D next to his name, he would probably have my vote. He may still get it, but he's gonna have to woo me with sweet economic conservative promises. And he better not lie to me because GOD KNOWS I HATE A LYING MAN! A lying man just flips my switch and the pitbull comes right out!

Talk about trying to justify! OMG rofl.gif Since you've obviously seen all of the disclosures, then you know that Paulette ran a very good, grassroots campaign against a virtual Stout machine. He raised more money for this race than he would make in 4 years in that part-time job. blink.gif So, you want to talk limited resources?

Stout filed his disclosure.

Braddock filed an amended June 30th report 6 weeks late, and has filed NOTHING for the 6 weeks since. I have to assume she is either incompetent for doing paperwork, or has serious donors she is trying to hide.

Both of which bode poorly for her future success as our representative.

Put whatever spin on it you want. The law states she had to file the disclosure PRIOR to the election on August 10th. She did not do it, and still has not done it a week later.

What gives ?

How can you even defend her for this ?

What else will you be defending her for in the future when we are talking some serious financial numbers ? Will she be given the pass on those as well.

You say she is open and available to her constituents, then please find out for me why this report has not been filed. I would love to give her a call and ask, but after the reception I got from her Tuesday evening I will pass and let those of you who are her supporters find out what is going on.

The report was due no later than the weekend before the run-off election. That was a week ago. What is the deal ? Who were Paulette's donors, and after this much time to launder donations, can we even believe what we will see when it is presented weeks after it was due ?

This is pitiful politics at best.

You are creating a rukus on a weekend when no one can verify what you are saying. You haven't pointed to any code section that proves what you are saying is true, and you want me to call her on your behalf and get answers. I think not. Keep repeating the same thing over and over. Eventually we will forget about Will's donations.

You are creating a rukus on a weekend when no one can verify what you are saying. You haven't pointed to any code section that proves what you are saying is true, and you want me to call her on your behalf and get answers. I think not. Keep repeating the same thing over and over. Eventually we will forget about Will's donations.

He is creating Smoke and Mirrors. Not the first time.

WILL AVERY has my VOTE in November.

That's OK mine will cancel it out.laugh.gif

• Like 2

I like Will. My point is that little $200 contribution did a lot more than $200 worth of damage to his Zell Miller conservative democrat status in rabidly republican Paulding County. He probably would have been better off to thank them kindly and not taken the money. I don't agree with Orrock's politics, but she is a good person. I don't know if she habitually sends small donations to just any Democrat running in a small race or not, but she certainly isn't the political albatross in this district that PFAW is. Just as you look at who is funding campaigns to get a feel for how a new candidate may vote, or whose pocket an existing candidate may be in, many others do the same. At least many of those that don't vote based strictly on the letter behind the name, which will probably be a minority here in PC.

I don't know if the double standards comment was for me or not, but you know that isn't the case with me. I would like to see a race based on policy, not partisan party politics. I'd also like to see a race that stays above ground level for a change. It's not November yet, but so far we haven't seen any negative mud slinging in the general election from anyone in this race. That's a good thing. Let the person with the best ideas and vision win.

• Like 1

i am a republican and always have been, but there is no way i can vote for Braddock - i'll vote for avery or i just won't vote in that category. I am NOT a rino - i am a republican

i am a republican and always have been, but there is no way i can vote for Braddock - i'll vote for avery or i just won't vote in that category. I am NOT a rino - i am a republican

You are not if you vote for a liberal and make no mistake Avery is a liberal. The Republican Party is supposed to be the conservative party in Georgia. Might want to call yourself an Independent. I think it would fit better if you don't want to be called a RINO. JMO

One other one locally rofl.gif and the rest who (on the surface) really shouldn't have anything to do with local Paulding County politics.

Perhaps the $150 from Pubby was from Will winning the straw poll (or what have you), in which he pledged to donate money to whomever emerged as the victor?

I like Will. My point is that little $200 contribution did a lot more than $200 worth of damage to his Zell Miller conservative democrat status in rabidly republican Paulding County. He probably would have been better off to thank them kindly and not taken the money. I don't agree with Orrock's politics, but she is a good person. I don't know if she habitually sends small donations to just any Democrat running in a small race or not, but she certainly isn't the political albatross in this district that PFAW is. Just as you look at who is funding campaigns to get a feel for how a new candidate may vote, or whose pocket an existing candidate may be in, many others do the same. At least many of those that don't vote based strictly on the letter behind the name, which will probably be a minority here in PC.

I don't know if the double standards comment was for me or not, but you know that isn't the case with me. I would like to see a race based on policy, not partisan party politics. I'd also like to see a race that stays above ground level for a change. It's not November yet, but so far we haven't seen any negative mud slinging in the general election from anyone in this race. That's a good thing. Let the person with the best ideas and vision win.

I just ask that if Will gave back the PFAW money, would that make a difference in your mind? Obviously not, so many people here are intent on pegging him as a "liberal," when I would doubt that a single one of you have attempted to speak to him in any forum that does not mask your anonymity-- face to face. If you would like to use anything beyond hollow buzzwords to describe Will's political leanings, please do, because I am a person who deals in substance, rather than idle chatter. If you can prove that Will is somehow a "liberal," a term which means very little by the way, then let's discuss that. However, saying that "Well, he's a Democrat" is not a proper response. I would be more than happy to provide a list of about 30 some odd national politicians who are Democrats but are in no way "liberals."

• Like 1

I just ask that if Will gave back the PFAW money, would that make a difference in your mind? Obviously not, so many people here are intent on pegging him as a "liberal," when I would doubt that a single one of you have attempted to speak to him in any forum that does not mask your anonymity-- face to face. If you would like to use anything beyond hollow buzzwords to describe Will's political leanings, please do, because I am a person who deals in substance, rather than idle chatter. If you can prove that Will is somehow a "liberal," a term which means very little by the way, then let's discuss that. However, saying that "Well, he's a Democrat" is not a proper response. I would be more than happy to provide a list of about 30 some odd national politicians who are Democrats but are in no way "liberals."

I have spoken to him. I believe the proof of his liberal beliefs will come before the election. Just stick around.rolleyes.gif