Paulding.com

Will Avery could break the trend

So does Paulette Braddock. how many of you are basing your decisions on what you truly know, what you've heard, etc.? Or, the misconceptions of your own mind.

Should Will Avery be heard? Absolutely. However, so far, I've listened to him and I've heard nothing that tells me WHY he chose to run as a democrat. What about their values does he align with? he hasn't shown me values that I align with. And all I've heard from anyone on here is that he's a "conservative democrat". I find that argument ridiculous quite frankly. What about that represents the people of Paulding County? What about life as an educator and a student has taught him to create jobs? Will he fight and vote to stop Obamacare in our State? And so much more.

I have to assume you are not hands on familiar with the Paulding County GOP, Galloway, Kiehl, Shearin, et al ? That is enough to send anyone of a rational mind to seek alternatives.

Running as an Independent in Georgia is virtually impossible.

What options does that leave ?

Many are, and will be happy to have a choice in November. Shearin and his group are ALMOST history. Don't let them get even a toe hold on the future.

And if you don't think they are behind Braddock then you are not doing you homework. Check out her backers and you will find it is our same old group, and they along with the State GOP will throw some big bucks on this race.

• Like 2
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to assume you are not hands on familiar with the Paulding County GOP, Galloway, Kiehl, Shearin, et al ? That is enough to send anyone of a rational mind to seek alternatives.   Running as an

The last Bush budget expired in October/November (I don't remember which month) of 2009. The first Obama budget started less than a year ago. Without doubt, he inherited the worst mess (not just the w

Good grief! The polls haven't been closed 48 hours. Can we please rest a bit more? We've got 3 months to discuss this and I'm currently discussed out for a few days.   Hit the cave.

I have to assume you are not hands on familiar with the Paulding County GOP, Galloway, Kiehl, Shearin, et al ? That is enough to send anyone of a rational mind to seek alternatives.

Running as an Independent in Georgia is virtually impossible.

What options does that leave ?

Many are, and will be happy to have a choice in November. Shearin and his group are ALMOST history. Don't let them get even a toe hold on the future.

And if you don't think they are behind Braddock then you are not doing you homework. Check out her backers and you will find it is our same old group, and they along with the State GOP will throw some big bucks on this race.

You still haven't given me a good "why" he's running as a democrat. And honestly, after the last 2 years I have little trust in anything with a (D) next to it. Is Avery saying he's really an Independent, but couldn't win that way, so he needs a different approach?

So we count her out because a few are running scared. I have this perceived fear that I can't prove so I'll vote against her. I didn't see Shearin's name on his financial disclosure. Did you? In fact, I didn't see any of those names you mentioned. What I did see was a grassroots campaign that was far out financed by the Stout machine take the runoff. The enormous amount of money that Stout raised wasn't enough.

• Like 1

Not the same Pubby! You can choose not to own a car.

Yes, and you can choose to live in a tree, but last time I looked, they'd arrest you if you didn't buying clothes.

While you say it is different because I could choose to not buy a car, I might say you could give up automobiles, electricity and become a member of a Mennonite community and live without paying the premium.

Given that you do have that choice, it is the same.

pubby

PS: ... and you wouldn't even have to leave Georgia

Yes, and you can choose to live in a tree, but last time I looked, they'd arrest you if you didn't buying clothes.

While you say it is different because I could choose to not buy a car, I might say you could give up automobiles, electricity and become a member of a Mennonite community and live without paying the premium.

Given that you do have that choice, it is the same.

pubby

PS: ... and you wouldn't even have to leave Georgia

We shall see what the courts decide. They will have this question put before them. I do not believe it is Constitutional.

So does Paulette Braddock. how many of you are basing your decisions on what you truly know, what you've heard, etc.? Or, the misconceptions of your own mind.

Should Will Avery be heard? Absolutely. However, so far, I've listened to him and I've heard nothing that tells me WHY he chose to run as a democrat. What about their values does he align with? he hasn't shown me values that I align with. And all I've heard from anyone on here is that he's a "conservative democrat". I find that argument ridiculous quite frankly. What about that represents the people of Paulding County? What about life as an educator and a student has taught him to create jobs? Will he fight and vote to stop Obamacare in our State? And so much more.

Well, at least you listened to him. That was my point. Just keep in mind, that it only takes ONE person to stand out. ONE person to change the way we perceive a Democrat, or Republican. At some point our politicians HAVE to change, and become for the people again. I havnt seen too many lately that can say they are. I dont get caught up in what people are running "as", but what they are running "for". If what he is running "for" doesnt match your values, then you wouldnt vote for him.

And hey, Glenn Richardson and his pals Jery and Virginia are lurking in the background. We are not done with them yet.

We need to keep our guard up or Jerry will be back, spending our money faster than we can carry it to the court house.

Ok folks,yesterday at the Rodeo there were only a few politicans. Will Avery was there and Todd Pownall was there,Also Gary was there. So the others thought they have it in the bag for November. See that is why this county is weak,All the GOP canidates think they have it made,come November you only have them to choose from. Let's make our canidates work for our vote & support,they have sure gotten lazy.

Set things in motion send Will Avery to the capitol,let's be heard loud and clear times have changed.yahoo.gif

• Like 1

Ok folks,yesterday at the Rodeo there were only a few politicans. Will Avery was there and Todd Pownall was there,Also Gary was there. So the others thought they have it in the bag for November. See that is why this county is weak,All the GOP canidates think they have it made,come November you only have them to choose from. Let's make our canidates work for our vote & support,they have sure gotten lazy.

Set things in motion send Will Avery to the capitol,let's be heard loud and clear times have changed.yahoo.gif

What a crock..... I can think of MANY reason why someone would not be at a place that is know for animal abuse....hey I guess you could say those that went are more than willing to look the other way or support animal abuse so they can get votes.

Well, at least you listened to him. That was my point. Just keep in mind, that it only takes ONE person to stand out. ONE person to change the way we perceive a Democrat, or Republican. At some point our politicians HAVE to change, and become for the people again. I havnt seen too many lately that can say they are. I dont get caught up in what people are running "as", but what they are running "for". If what he is running "for" doesnt match your values, then you wouldnt vote for him.

You have to have some trust in what is coming out of their mouths though and we know what direction the Progressives/Democrats have taken this country. At least for the most part the Republicans have tried to slow it down. You can vote to turn Georgia and Paulding County in the progressives direction but I won't.

We need to keep our guard up or Jerry will be back, spending our money faster than we can carry it to the court house.

Sounds like Obama blaming Bush! Jerry is gone in case you haven't noticed.

The politicians do not have to show up there to get elected. We all know that.

Jerry is still active. Jerry has not gone anywhere. Read the local Republican Party website where Virginia praises his support. When We get lazy and we forget his past dealings he will make an attempt to get back in.

• Like 1

What a crock..... I can think of MANY reason why someone would not be at a place that is know for animal abuse....hey I guess you could say those that went are more than willing to look the other way or support animal abuse so they can get votes.

Will Avery is pro-animal abuse! Shame on you Will Avery! :rofl:

Jerry is still active. Jerry has not gone anywhere. Read the local Republican Party website where Virginia praises his support. When We get lazy and we forget his past dealings he will make an attempt to get back in.

Jerry will not be back in Paulding government.

When are some of you going to give this man permission to live and breathe in this county without trashing him. He lost the election and he is not coming back. Let him fade away in peace. dry.gif

You still haven't given me a good "why" he's running as a democrat. And honestly, after the last 2 years I have little trust in anything with a (D) next to it. Is Avery saying he's really an Independent, but couldn't win that way, so he needs a different approach?

So we count her out because a few are running scared. I have this perceived fear that I can't prove so I'll vote against her. I didn't see Shearin's name on his financial disclosure. Did you? In fact, I didn't see any of those names you mentioned. What I did see was a grassroots campaign that was far out financed by the Stout machine take the runoff. The enormous amount of money that Stout raised wasn't enough.

I know Will well but can't claim to speak for him. But logically, he wanted to run and was not strongly hooked to either party. What would his chances have been joining the crowded field in the Republican primary? It was just a logical decision to have better prospects.

I vote for and support Republicans in many instances but vote for who is the better candidate no matter which party they are from from. I do not worship the R or the D. I'll also admit to a little confusion as to what is conservative these days. Have you noticed that since Obama will likely not be able to reduce the Gross Debt, he will be the first Democrat president since WW2 that won't (assuming he doesn't)?

Has it escaped you that since WW2 that 100% of the increase in the Gross Debt (before Obama) occurred under presidents (Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2) that for some strange unfathomable reasons are considered fiscal conservatives?

It is not at all strange to think that a smart conscientious practical person who happens to be democrat is the best hope we have for this job. I'm just glad he is available for us. If he had run as a republican party candidate, I would be for him just as much.

I know Will well but can't claim to speak for him. But logically, he wanted to run and was not strongly hooked to either party. What would his chances have been joining the crowded field in the Republican primary? It was just a logical decision to have better prospects.

I vote for and support Republicans in many instances but vote for who is the better candidate no matter which party they are from from. I do not worship the R or the D. I'll also admit to a little confusion as to what is conservative these days. Have you noticed that since Obama will likely not be able to reduce the Gross Debt, he will be the first Democrat president since WW2 that won't (assuming he doesn't)?

Has it escaped you that since WW2 that 100% of the increase in the Gross Debt (before Obama) occurred under presidents (Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2) that for some strange unfathomable reasons are considered fiscal conservatives?

It is not at all strange to think that a smart conscientious practical person who happens to be democrat is the best hope we have for this job. I'm just glad he is available for us. If he had run as a republican party candidate, I would be for him just as much.

You do realize that Obama has increased our debt more than all of the presidents that you listed combined.

And, as I mentioned above, the "I'm a democrat because it gives me a better shot" doesn't sit well with me at all. It reeks of dishonesty. Just like listing yourself as a "student" to run for office, and then backpeddling because no one wanted a career student to represent them. He had to have weighed the values of each party and more closely aligned as a democrat to have made that choice. No one has yet to answer which values he most closely aligns with. EVERYONE who claims to support him has simply repeated the same tired argument.

• Like 1

You do realize that Obama has increased our debt more than all of the presidents that you listed combined.

And, as I mentioned above, the "I'm a democrat because it gives me a better shot" doesn't sit well with me at all. It reeks of dishonesty. Just like listing yourself as a "student" to run for office, and then backpeddling because no one wanted a career student to represent them. He had to have weighed the values of each party and more closely aligned as a democrat to have made that choice. No one has yet to answer which values he most closely aligns with. EVERYONE who claims to support him has simply repeated the same tired argument.

Not necessarily. We have found ourselves, over the past decade, many times looking at a ballot of unopposed candidates in November, and questioned "Damn, why didn't a reasonable candidate sign up to run as a democrat?!" I know many a time I have had to write in Goofy, or Donald Duck in lieu of voting for the worthless, but un-opposed "R".

In addition, our local GOP has been changed into a rather fachist organization the past couple of years. Shearin, Galloway, Kiehl and others are the shadow leadership, and they have their own agenda to push. That was very evident in the run-offs. I know several well qualified potential candidates who just could not stomach having to sign the Republican oath and contend with a local GOP group who pushes THEIR candidate over the others in the primaries. And had Will chosen to do that, we would be sitting in a position of have to deal with an upopposed "R" in November who would be a poor representative for Paulding.

I applaud Will for running, and after last Tuesday I am very glad the voters will indeed have a choice in November.

• Like 1

The last Bush budget expired in October/November (I don't remember which month) of 2009. The first Obama budget started less than a year ago. Without doubt, he inherited the worst mess (not just the worst economy since the 1930s)of any president since FDR. What you said about accumulated deficits is very, very far from the reality of our fiscal history.

The salient important point is that ALL presidents except the 3 "conservatives" I cited lowered the GROSS DEBT during their terms. ALL other presidents since WW2, the real conservatives, the moderates and even the liberals LOWERED THE GROSS DEBT during their tenures.

I'll admit what you said about accumulated deficits is an often repeated myth. It is still a myth though, and NOT one to live by. It is a product of the big lie technique.

BTW, I said I do not speak for Will. He did not say he is democrat because it gives him a better shot. I don't hold it against anyone who decides to be democrat or republican. There are many possible reasons to do either. It is definitely easier to be republican in these parts. Some doofy people are actually so misinformed that they believe a candidate is good or bad simply by checking their party affiliation! As Bugs Bunny would say, "What macaroons!"

Will is honest, competent, intelligent, informed and simply the better candidate. He will be the better representative.

And I would still support him with equal enthusiasm if he were republican or democrat. I told many folks the same thing about Todd Pownall.

Edited by Well Read
  • Like 2

Pardon me if I just don't buy this!!!dry.gif

Not necessarily. We have found ourselves, over the past decade, many times looking at a ballot of unopposed candidates in November, and questioned "Damn, why didn't a reasonable candidate sign up to run as a democrat?!" I know many a time I have had to write in Goofy, or Donald Duck in lieu of voting for the worthless, but un-opposed "R".

In addition, our local GOP has been changed into a rather fachist organization the past couple of years. Shearin, Galloway, Kiehl and others are the shadow leadership, and they have their own agenda to push. That was very evident in the run-offs. I know several well qualified potential candidates who just could not stomach having to sign the Republican oath and contend with a local GOP group who pushes THEIR candidate over the others in the primaries. And had Will chosen to do that, we would be sitting in a position of have to deal with an upopposed "R" in November who would be a poor representative for Paulding.

I applaud Will for running, and after last Tuesday I am very glad the voters will indeed have a choice in November.

You profess to know a lot for someone who is not a member. This info sounds like it came right out of the mouth of someone who is talking with that mouth full of sour grapes.

• Like 1

Last time I looked, since about 1980 the government forced me to buy insurance to cover any damage I do to your car (not mine) and will throw me in jail if I don't. At least this time, I'm the beneficiary of the insurance the government is forcing me to buy.

Heck, I can remember at time that if I was just unlucky (I was in the lottery) the government could force me to put on a uniform, crawl in the mud, and shoot at people I didn't have a beef against. It was called the draft and it was a measure of public service most citizens didn't have much love for, especially when they learned what a trumped up POS the Vietnam War was. I mean two years mandatory out of a lot of folks lives is a bit more of an imposition than an insurance policy that will treat you if you're sick.

pubby

The Progressives are using the Interstate Commerce Clause as the proposed Constitutional basis for for the FEDERAL government forcing a person to engage in Interstate Commerce whether they wish to or not. Not even in the same zip code as your "examples" straw men.

Since we can't all have a one on one with both candidates, lets insist that the two candidates have a few debates between now and November. I think the best candidate will rise to the surface rather quickly. You talk to yours and I'll talk to mine.

• Like 1

Jerry will not be back in Paulding government.

When are some of you going to give this man permission to live and breathe in this county without trashing him. He lost the election and he is not coming back. Let him fade away in peace. dry.gif

Anything he gets he has earned. I have no pity for the guy. He screwed over every citizen in the county that wasn't part of his clique. I could care less if he never lives this down. He is in the same boat as Glenn Richardson and Nathan Deal. Dirty little snakes in the grass.

I found his campaign disclosure quite telling. I appreciate Surepip pointing us in that direction.

Paulette has some disclosing to do as well. Let's try to keep this factual. We have no need to sling mud. We are clean as a whistle and are trying our best to get some sincere representation for the 19th. My advice would be to not give the Avery campaign an opportunity to start pointing out life mistakes. Give me a couple of more opportunities and I'll start asking the tough questions.

Paulette has some disclosing to do as well. Let's try to keep this factual. We have no need to sling mud. We are clean as a whistle and are trying our best to get some sincere representation for the 19th. My advice would be to not give the Avery campaign an opportunity to start pointing out life mistakes. Give me a couple of more opportunities and I'll start asking the tough questions.

I've slung no mud and have no intention of doing so. I'm not sure about the status of the campaign disclosure, and I don't know the "rules".

I've slung no mud and have no intention of doing so. I'm not sure about the status of the campaign disclosure, and I don't know the "rules".

Madea, I just ask that you give them both a fair comparason. Who you vote for is your business.

Support animal abuse,realy explain that?

district 19 disclosures

The rules are pretty straighforward. On the PDF the first page or so shows what the filing is for, and has a place to check off for the 6 day before the primary filing. Braddock has not filed. What she filed on August 12 was an amended June 30 with an explanation on the last page of how she could not figure out how to calculate the page totals and had to get an accountant involved. No money movements in the report since the end of june.

district 19 disclosures

The rules are pretty straighforward. On the PDF the first page or so shows what the filing is for, and has a place to check off for the 6 day before the primary filing. Braddock has not filed. What she filed on August 12 was an amended June 30 with an explanation on the last page of how she could not figure out how to calculate the page totals and had to get an accountant involved. No money movements in the report since the end of june.

I did a search under the late-filers tab and this is what I got:

LATE & NON-FILERS

INDIVIDUAL SEARCH RESULTS

Search Returned No Filers with Outstanding Fees/Reports.

I did a search under the late-filers tab and this is what I got:

LATE & NON-FILERS

INDIVIDUAL SEARCH RESULTS

Search Returned No Filers with Outstanding Fees/Reports.

Madea,

The link I posted takes you right to Paulette's only disclosures.

There is nothing filed for the run-off vote. It is not rocket science.

There are very clear boxes to check and her only listed filings for now are the June 30th, amended August 12th.

And there is nothing shown for any money collected or spent since the end of June. She chose to hide this information from the voters, and her posse stands up for and protects her.

Maybe this can be an opportunity to get the Atlanta Media involved with this race. How the Republican running for Glenn Richardson's old seat is already snubbing the Ethic's Commission before the general election cycle even gets started up.

Madea,

The link I posted takes you right to Paulette's only disclosures.

There is nothing filed for the run-off vote. It is not rocket science.

There are very clear boxes to check and her only listed filings for now are the June 30th, amended August 12th.

And there is nothing shown for any money collected or spent since the end of June. She chose to hide this information from the voters, and her posse stands up for and protects her.

Maybe this can be an opportunity to get the Atlanta Media involved with this race. How the Republican running for Glenn Richardson's old seat is already snubbing the Ethic's Commission before the general election cycle even gets started up.

I posted that to point out to you that according to the State Ethics commission web site, she's not considered late. I went to her disclosures, I get that, no need to attempt to be insulting. I just took it a step further which you didn't seem willing to do.

Since we can't all have a one on one with both candidates, lets insist that the two candidates have a few debates between now and November. I think the best candidate will rise to the surface rather quickly. You talk to yours and I'll talk to mine.

:drinks:

I posted that to point out to you that according to the State Ethics commission web site, she's not considered late. I went to her disclosures, I get that, no need to attempt to be insulting. I just took it a step further which you didn't seem willing to do.

I emailed the ethics commission and specifically asked for a reply as to why this law was not being enforced. Stout's 8/6 disclosure is there, and nothing for Paulette.

The law states they must make this disclosure in a run-off so the voters can see who has donated what. And for Paulette we got to see zero. No disclosure.

Does not seem legal, or ethical to me. But then again, I had heard about Glenn and the AGL lady for almost 2 years before Dale Russell broke the story last December. Same Ethics Commission overseeing that investigation.

Seems like Paulding GOP members are exempt from state ethics rules.

I emailed the ethics commission and specifically asked for a reply as to why this law was not being enforced. Stout's 8/6 disclosure is there, and nothing for Paulette.

The law states they must make this disclosure in a run-off so the voters can see who has donated what. And for Paulette we got to see zero. No disclosure.

Does not seem legal, or ethical to me. But then again, I had heard about Glenn and the AGL lady for almost 2 years before Dale Russell broke the story last December. Same Ethics Commission overseeing that investigation.

Seems like Paulding GOP members are exempt from state ethics rules.

You are taking this very personally. My guess is that you haven't seen the names on the disclosure you want to see and are therefore unable to prove the point that you keep trying to prove.

You are taking this very personally. My guess is that you haven't seen the names on the disclosure you want to see and are therefore unable to prove the point that you keep trying to prove.

The question is which investigative reporter wants this story. Dale Russell? He seems to enjoy blistering Glenn Richardson's sorry ass, maybe Paulette will be fair game as well.

I'm thinking she could be disqualified for trying to skirt the rules.

The question is which investigative reporter wants this story. Dale Russell? He seems to enjoy blistering Glenn Richardson's sorry ass, maybe Paulette will be fair game as well.

I'm thinking she could be disqualified for trying to skirt the rules.

I'm thinking a quick call in the AM to the Paulding election board would clear this all up. But, if you would prefer to turn it into something it's not to gain some ground for Will, have fun with it. But, when you search the State Ethics site, she is not even listed as a late filer. You make Will look desperate. Or maybe it's not Will at all, it's his supporters who are coming out so early in this portion of the race grasping at straws.

Look this guy is well spoken,educated and in touch with the people of his area. This is the time to vote for the best person for the job,put away who goes to what church and who knows who. Let's see who is the best I want to draw the line. Let's have a debate between the two canidates. Winner takes all make it public,and this will be the day of discovery.

All in favor?drinks.gif

Is there some kind of no woman candidate rule or something in Paulding? If you vote as a conservative republican and one won, why *vote for a democrat? Didn't Obama try to play the role of the "moderate" democrat to get elected too? NO WAY in H*ll would I fall for that. Besides, it's time to let a woman in. This lady just beat out 2 men to get where she is, didn't she?

drinks.gif

I agree,good Idea.

Is there some kind of no woman candidate rule or something in Paulding? If you vote as a conservative republican and one won, why *vote for a democrat? Didn't Obama try to play the role of the "moderate" democrat to get elected too? NO WAY in H*ll would I fall for that. Besides, it's time to let a woman in. This lady just beat out 2 men to get where she is, didn't she?

Your right,she had the support of the dark side and there $$ by the way welcome to paulding.com are you related to this woman? Are you part of her camp or just a Jerry girl too!clapping.gif

I'm thinking a quick call in the AM to the Paulding election board would clear this all up. But, if you would prefer to turn it into something it's not to gain some ground for Will, have fun with it. But, when you search the State Ethics site, she is not even listed as a late filer. You make Will look desperate. Or maybe it's not Will at all, it's his supporters who are coming out so early in this portion of the race grasping at straws.

Don't need to grasp for anything just a clear choice,now what's the question again ummmmunsure.gif

I wanted to see the disclosure AS REQUIRED BY LAW. Braddock ignored the filing deadline.

Were the voters entitled to see who donated what as per the Georgia Laws, or is this another example of Paulding Republicans being above the law, as per Glenn Richardson ?

The law is simply written to allow the voters to see who donated what. Stout, bless his heart, filed. Braddock chose not to. Why is she above the law ?

No other motives.

I stated over and over who I thought her supporters were, and many of you denied that vehemently. Yet she has chosen to avoid abiding by the law and still has not disclosed who gave her how much money when.

I have a stack of Paulette mailers which came in the week of the run-off. I would like to know where the money came from. The law states we, as voters, had the right to know that before the run-off election, and Paulette denied us that information.

That makes me think she may have something to hide, and when the disclosures eventually do get posted how can we believe them since they are weeks after the fact.

What makes her so special as to be above the law ? Other than she is a Richardson-Galloway-Shearin district Paulding Republican. It has been obvious for the past year or so that they consider themselves to be above the law. Would you like me to get copies of the Dale Russell interviews with Susan Richardson and repost them here to show how much he felt himself superior to the laws the rest of us have to follow ?

I have a difficult time understanding how you guys can blindly support someone who is blatantly flaunting the campaign ethics laws. A filing date is a filing date. Her June 30th report had to amended 6 weeks later to make it right, and her August 6th required filing is still missing. I guess the STate ethics site broke down just after Stout filed his, and has been down all week ?

Braddock, to me, is showing her disregard and contempt for state ethics campaign laws and regulations. How else can you classify her lack of filing ?