Paulding.com

TODD POWNALL - just another rant

Same dumb video of Todd Pownall (David Austin's campaign manager) acting like he's against an imaginary tax increase by Todd and David's opponent. Why is he silent now? Oh, because his guy is in office now. Yes folks, for those of you who didn't know, TODD POWNALL was DAVID AUSTIN'S campaign manager in 2008 when David ran. Now we're supposed to believe that TODD will, if elected, push back against David on pending mill-rate increases and tax hikes. Ooops, Todd is already 0 for 1 by taking a pass on this pending increase tomorrow.

So you have nothing showing Beverly opposing millage rate increases? WOW

ORIGINAL TITLE OF TOPIC BEFORE PUBBY CHANGED IT (AND HE WONDERS WHY CANDIDATES DON'T SHOW UP FOR HIS DOG AND PONY SHOWS HE CALLS A "ROUNDTABLES":

TODD POWNALL - BOUGHT AND PAID FOR?

"I am not in favor of a tax increase or millage rate increase. This means as a county we will have to look for creative solutions to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and provide county services." ... The old Todd Pownall before Chairman David Austin (who's raising the mill-rate) paid for an endorsement ad in the newspaper for him.

The below link shows Todd's non-response to the pending mill-rate increase. Fast forward to 25:55 minute mark. He acts like he's not allowed to comment but the fact is that candidates are only not allowed to speak at a formal BOC meeting. He can comment on PCOM, his webpage, through email however he wants. Of course Pownall and Barnett had no problem commenting on the SPLOST and demanding that all other candidates take a position on it. However, they're not willing to say "boo" when it comes to David Austin's pending mill-rate increase.

Great job Todd! You're the first politician who's managed to flip-flop prior to going into office! But of course you didn't have much of a choice seeing that the person raising the mill-rate is also financing your campaign through paid political ads in the paper.

http://www.livestrea...2d-f49abdf90066

You were on a roll untill,Todd isn't in office. So it ain't his ship yet,before you throw darts wait till you have a good target. Next from what I understand is if there is a tax increase it will be less because houses have lost value. So define your girls position which so far is what? Then wait for Jerry to prompt her in what to say after all she is the master of hide and seekninja.gif l

I know that Jaydee Smith, David Austin's daughter and campaign manager, would take umbrage at your summarily removing her from that position and putting Todd Pownall in her place.

Get your facts straight, RR.

pubby

Why should he start now? :rofl: :rofl:

Whitey check out the New Era. I can give you a copy if you need it. She opposes tax or millage increase.

Too bad everyone working for the county was not making the kind of $Jack$ she was. Trim a handful of $65,000 a year jobs with benefits and retirement packages and they would not have to look for ways to increase the revenue.

Unfortunately, I doubt there are too many clerical assistants making that much. Drew will have to lay off 2 more to equal laying off Beverly. Whoops, I'm BAD. I forgot about her $50,000 severance. So what, 2 at $32,500 and 2 at $25,000.

Too bad everyone working for the county was not making the kind of $Jack$ she was. Trim a handful of $65,000 a year jobs with benefits and retirement packages and they would not have to look for ways to increase the revenue.

Unfortunately, I doubt there are too many clerical assistants making that much. Drew will have to lay off 2 more to equal laying off Beverly. Whoops, I'm BAD. I forgot about her $50,000 severance. So what, 2 at $32,500 and 2 at $25,000.

surepip you keep harping on the salary of someone who worked for the county for a lot of years. Seriously you don't know how many assistants replaced her and what their starting salaries were? Keep adding.

• Like 1

Is there a link to county job pay? I would really like to see exactly what is being made since you have been so up in arms over BC pay. (which I do not think was unreasonable for the years or what she did, it seemed right on track with other admin assistants/executive secretaries I know)

Is there a link to county job pay? I would really like to see exactly what is being made since you have been so up in arms over BC pay. (which I do not think was unreasonable for the years or what she did, it seemed right on track with other admin assistants/executive secretaries I know)

My wife works for the state, and I am well aware of what typical state/government jobs pay compared to the private sector.

For government, $65k for as so many of you have spoken up about, "only the clerk for the BOC" should be paying half of what she was making. She had a sweetheart deal with Shearin, for sure.

Add to that the education background, and $65k is insulting. For a BA in business administration or polysci with 18 years on the job, for any branch of the government as an administrative aide will be taking in maybe in the $40s. I believe Beverly has a 1 year "certificate" from Chattahoochee Tech. She was John Cox's assistant at the Chamber, and the on to Carruth and Shearin.

No, $65,000 for that job and those qualifications was not right.

My wife works for the state, and I am well aware of what typical state/government jobs pay compared to the private sector.

For government, $65k for as so many of you have spoken up about, "only the clerk for the BOC" should be paying half of what she was making. She had a sweetheart deal with Shearin, for sure.

Add to that the education background, and $65k is insulting. For a BA in business administration or polysci with 18 years on the job, for any branch of the government as an administrative aide will be taking in maybe in the $40s. I believe Beverly has a 1 year "certificate" from Chattahoochee Tech. She was John Cox's assistant at the Chamber, and the on to Carruth and Shearin.

No, $65,000 for that job and those qualifications was not right.

So does that mean you do not have a link?

surepip you keep harping on the salary of someone who worked for the county for a lot of years. Seriously you don't know how many assistants replaced her and what their starting salaries were? Keep adding.

I saw an open records requests of employees salaries recently and the new EA that David brought in was making in the 62-63 range.

WELL?

I dont have a dog in the fight either....I do wonder why she didnt show up at the chamber event, and yet found it necessary to send in a question about for her opponent. If she was sick or something that would be a reasonable excuse....

Does anyone know why she didnt show up for the event? I think a lot of people would just like to know.

Hmmm now that is interesting!(I wonder if they have a bunch of years in?) Do you know how to go about doing the records request?

Just go down to the BOC office, fill out a form and they have three days to get back to you on whether they can fulfill your request, what the cost will be for (copy expenses). I've never personally done one but that's the basic process. Others hopefully can offer up more details.

WELL?

I can give you my opinion. Her campaign managers know that Todd Pownall will eat her alive in a face to face debate. Their only chance is to be sneaky, sling mud and hope that there is enough dumbass people in the district to vote for her because they recognize her name.

WELL?

WELL?

Palm Trees Rock, on 09 August 2010 - 12:38 PM, said:

I dont have a dog in the fight either....I do wonder why she didnt show up at the chamber event, and yet found it necessary to send in a question about for her opponent. If she was sick or something that would be a reasonable excuse....

Does anyone know why she didnt show up for the event? I think a lot of people would just like to know.

Well I guess everyone is ignoring your question, But that is par for the course for her campaign

All she did for me was hang a brown paper bad on my mailbox, I'm sure by one of her helpers.

Well at least she didn't fill it with dog crap, set it on fire, throw it on your porch and ring the doorbell.

Well at least she didn't set it on fire, throw it on your porch and ring the doorbell.