Paulding.com

TODD POWNALL - just another rant

ORIGINAL TITLE OF TOPIC BEFORE PUBBY CHANGED IT (AND HE WONDERS WHY CANDIDATES DON'T SHOW UP FOR HIS DOG AND PONY SHOWS HE CALLS A "ROUNDTABLES":

TODD POWNALL - BOUGHT AND PAID FOR?

"I am not in favor of a tax increase or millage rate increase. This means as a county we will have to look for creative solutions to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and provide county services." ... The old Todd Pownall before Chairman David Austin (who's raising the mill-rate) paid for an endorsement ad in the newspaper for him.

The below link shows Todd's non-response to the pending mill-rate increase. Fast forward to 25:55 minute mark. He acts like he's not allowed to comment but the fact is that candidates are only not allowed to speak at a formal BOC meeting. He can comment on PCOM, his webpage, through email however he wants. Of course Pownall and Barnett had no problem commenting on the SPLOST and demanding that all other candidates take a position on it. However, they're not willing to say "boo" when it comes to David Austin's pending mill-rate increase.

Great job Todd! You're the first politician who's managed to flip-flop prior to going into office! But of course you didn't have much of a choice seeing that the person raising the mill-rate is also financing your campaign through paid political ads in the paper.

http://www.livestream.com/pauldingcom/video?clipId=pla_47ef6f97-6be2-4ef5-b12d-f49abdf90066

Edited by Reagan Republican
edited because of the inaccuracy of the title.
  • Like 1

"I am not in favor of a tax increase or millage rate increase. This means as a county we will have to look for creative solutions to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and provide county services." ... The old Todd Pownall before Chairman David Austin (who's raising the mill-rate) paid for an endorsement ad in the newspaper for him.

The below link shows Todd's non-response to the pending mill-rate increase. Fast forward to 25:55 minute mark. He acts like he's not allowed to comment but the fact is that candidates are only not allowed to speak at a formal BOC meeting. He can comment on PCOM, his webpage, through email however he wants. Of course Pownall and Barnett had no problem commenting on the SPLOST and demanding that all other candidates take a position on it. However, they're not willing to say "boo" when it comes to David Austin's pending mill-rate increase.

Great job Todd! You're the first politician who's managed to flip-flop prior to going into office! But of course you didn't have much of a choice seeing that the person raising the mill-rate is also financing your campaign through paid political ads in the paper.

http://www.livestream.com/pauldingcom/video?clipId=pla_47ef6f97-6be2-4ef5-b12d-f49abdf90066

Are you trying to support Beverly? I guess if she just sits on her hands and keeps her mouth shut like she did when she was Jerry's AA, we will never know what she stands for. Or is it that she stands for what she is told to stand for? Or could it be that she stands for nothing?

• Like 4

Are you trying to support Beverly? I guess if she just sits on her hands and keeps her mouth shut like she did when she was Jerry's AA, we will never know what she stands for. Or is it that she stands for what she is told to stand for? Or could it be that she stands for nothing?

I'll go for A and B.

• Like 1

While I have no horse in the post 2 race, I would tend to favor the candidate that seems to be "out there" and accessible. His opponent seems to be a ghost in the wind - all I have seen is her sign trash along the roads.

• Like 2

Is TODD POWNALL for or against the proposed millage rate increase ???

I dont have a dog in the fight either....I do wonder why she didnt show up at the chamber event, and yet found it necessary to send in a question about for her opponent. If she was sick or something that would be a reasonable excuse....

Does anyone know why she didnt show up for the event? I think a lot of people would just like to know.

I dont have a dog in the fight either....I do wonder why she didnt show up at the chamber event, and yet found it necessary to send in a question about for her opponent. If she was sick or something that would be a reasonable excuse....

Does anyone know why she didnt show up for the event? I think a lot of people would just like to know.

I would like to know why she did not show up for the two round table dicussions held here on P.com

ORIGINAL TITLE OF TOPIC BEFORE PUBBY CHANGED IT (AND HE WONDERS WHY CANDIDATES DON'T SHOW UP FOR HIS DOG AND PONY SHOWS HE CALLS A "ROUNDTABLE":

Somehow Pubby has determined that a question can be inaccurate.

ORIGINAL TITLE OF TOPIC BEFORE PUBBY CHANGED IT (AND HE WONDERS WHY CANDIDATES DON'T SHOW UP FOR HIS DOG AND PONY SHOWS HE CALLS A "ROUNDTABLE":

why don't you go to your web site and post if you do not like how pubby is treating you,since it has zillions of viwers :yahoo:

With no actual allegation and no reason to believe there is any truth to it, I think Pubby might have been more concerned with the dishonest smear it is. Have you stopped beating your wife?

Just calm down Double R. Please don't leave. Now that Ithy and JMT are gone, you are our only entertainment. :lol:

RR:

You can bitch and you can moan but titles/aka headlines are 'mine' ... I reserve the right to edit them for accuracy and relevance.

You are asserting the right to put any headline on a topic

Do you think I would hesitate to edit a title that said ... Beverly Cochran

- Sex worker? or Beverly Cochran - Jerry's paramour?

Those too are questions and I would certainly edit them. If, instead, you were making the rules, then to be fair I would have to let those go too.

The point is, I own the titles and I'm not going there and you should be greatful.

pubby

RR:

You can bitch and you can moan but titles/aka headlines are 'mine' ... I reserve the right to edit them for accuracy and relevance.

You are asserting the right to put any headline on a topic

Do you think I would hesitate to edit a title that said ...

Those too are questions and I would certainly edit them. If, instead, you were making the rules, then to be fair I would have to let those go too.

The point is, I own the titles and I'm not going there and you should be greatful.

pubby

Apples and oranges.

1. Todd states he's against mill-rate increases on his website.

2. David proposes a mill-rate increase.

3. David pays for endorsement Ad.

4. Todd is mum on mill-rate increase.

Someone can legitimately ask the question. Has this guy been bought off?

Apples and oranges.

1. Todd states he's against mill-rate increases on his website.

2. David proposes a mill-rate increase.

3. David pays for endorsement Ad.

4. Todd is mum on mill-rate increase.

Someone can legitimately ask the question. Has this guy been bought off?

The reality is that he doesn't have a vote to be bought off. He will not cast a vote on the millage rate even if he is elected.

To me his statements regarding the SPLOST - an issue the Beverly so publicly ducked at the Chamber outing - shows he is straightfoward.

Anything he says, or you say or Beverly says regarding the county's plan to increase the millage rate is a non-issue in this campaign, your protestations not with standing.

pubby

PS: You need to lobby Wayne Kirby, Don Powell, Larry Ragsdale, Tommie Graham and David Austin. It is their job and their decision. Your effort to make this an issue in this campaign is a smokescreen.

The reality is that he doesn't have a vote to be bought off. He will not cast a vote on the millage rate even if he is elected.

To me his statements regarding the SPLOST - an issue the Beverly so publicly ducked at the Chamber outing - shows he is straightfoward.

Anything he says, or you say or Beverly says regarding the county's plan to increase the millage rate is a non-issue in this campaign, your protestations not with standing.

pubby

PS: You need to lobby Wayne Kirby, Don Powell, Larry Ragsdale, Tommie Graham and David Austin. It is their job and their decision. Your effort to make this an issue in this campaign is a smokescreen.

Are you serious? You don't think that commissioner candidates should be expected to take a position on pending decisions like the budget, mill-rate increases, etc.??? These are the types of decisions they will have to make if elected. However, you feel that their opinion on the SPLOST, which is voted on by the public and has nothing to do with being a commissioner, is important? You are absurd and transparent. :blink:

• Like 1

I will be so glad when this is over............then on to the next fight. :wacko:

Just wait until November.ninja.gif

Right now so much of this is amusing. That is watching the various factions of the local GOP bloody up each other so badly.

I hope RR's meds hold out through tomorrow night. Otherwise he might blow a head gasket.

If he hasn't already.drinks.gif

Just wait until November.ninja.gif

Right now so much of this is amusing. That is watching the various factions of the local GOP bloody up each other so badly.

I hope RR's meds hold out through tomorrow night. Otherwise he might blow a head gasket.

If he hasn't already.drinks.gif

What are the actually factions that are fighting with each other. Can you elaborate?

Are you serious? You don't think that commissioner candidates should be expected to take a position on pending decisions like the budget, mill-rate increases, etc.??? These are the types of decisions they will have to make if elected. However, you feel that their opinion on the SPLOST, which is voted on by the public and has nothing to do with being a commissioner, is important? You are absurd and transparent. :blink:

But your double standards are showing.

You defend Beverly's decision and right to specifically decline a question concerning the SPLOST at a public discussion on film, which was to be on the same primary ballot in the election in which she was running.

Yet you insist Todd come forward and specifically answer your questions concerning the proposed millage rate increase of which he will have no vote allowable in the process ?

You need to up your med dosage.ph34r.gifglare.gif

• Like 2

But your double standards are showing.

You defend Beverly's decision and right to specifically decline a question concerning the SPLOST at a public discussion on film, which was to be on the same primary ballot in the election in which she was running.

Yet you insist Todd come forward and specifically answer your questions concerning the proposed millage rate increase of which he will have no vote allowable in the process ?

You need to up your med dosage.ph34r.gifglare.gif

Dude, the SPLOST is not decided on by the BOC. Mill-rate increase are decided by the BOC. If you can't distinguish which is more relevant, then I can't help you.

Dude, the SPLOST is not decided on by the BOC. Mill-rate increase are decided by the BOC. If you can't distinguish which is more relevant, then I can't help you.

Neither are relevant in regard to Todd or Beverly. Beverly was asked a point blank question about the SPLOST and she tap danced. In my opinion she didn't answer because she didn't know how to answer.

As for the mill rate, by the time Todd takes office we will have already paid the 2010 property taxes. I see this as nothing more than you grasping for straws.

I am not aware of any candidate that remains in theses commission races that has not taken a position that they all oppose any tax increases, A quick review of all the web sites clearly and plainly reveals that all of the candidates remain opposed to any millage rate and tax increases. To state anything to the contrary is a total fabrication.

Having said that the only thing that a voter has to rely on is the past Actions of the candidtes themselves, Here is what I have found about the history of Todd Pownall's opposition to proposed tax increases

If you have some video where Beverly has openly opposed any current or previous tax increases either at the BOC Meeting or In a public forum where taxes are being discussed I will be glad to review. Since Beverly chose not to participate in an open forum, I have concluded that she has never disavowed her ties with the previous adminstrations,And as such will continue her tax and spend menatility

I am not aware of any candidate that remains in theses commission races that has not taken a position that they all oppose any tax increases, A quick review of all the web sites clearly and plainly reveals that all of the candidates remain opposed to any millage rate and tax increases. To state anything to the contrary is a total fabrication.

Having said that the only thing that a voter has to rely on is the past Actions of the candidtes themselves, Here is what I have found about the history of Todd Pownall's opposition to proposed tax increases

If you have some video where Beverly has openly opposed any current or previous tax increases either at the BOC Meeting or In a public forum where taxes are being discussed I will be glad to review. Since Beverly chose not to participate in an open forum, I have concluded that she has never disavowed her ties with the previous adminstrations,And as such will continue her tax and spend menatility

Same dumb video of Todd Pownall (David Austin's campaign manager) acting like he's against an imaginary tax increase by Todd and David's opponent. Why is he silent now? Oh, because his guy is in office now. Yes folks, for those of you who didn't know, TODD POWNALL was DAVID AUSTIN'S campaign manager in 2008 when David ran. Now we're supposed to believe that TODD will, if elected, push back against David on pending mill-rate increases and tax hikes. Ooops, Todd is already 0 for 1 by taking a pass on this pending increase tomorrow.

I love this video. Especially the part where Pubby starts laughing behind the camera. Reminds me of a scene from Tombstone. Why Jerry, you look as if though someone just stepped on your grave. :lol:

Same dumb video of Todd Pownall (David Austin's campaign manager) acting like he's against an imaginary tax increase by Todd and David's opponent. Why is he silent now? Oh, because his guy is in office now. Yes folks, for those of you who didn't know, TODD POWNALL was DAVID AUSTIN'S campaign manager in 2008 when David ran. Now we're supposed to believe that TODD will push back against David on pending mill-rate increases and tax hikes. Ooops, Todd is already 0 for 1 by taking a pass on this pending increase tomorrow.

You already have Todd sitting in office. Can we take that as an official statement that Beverly has conceded?

Hey I know! I'll start a new topic titled BEVERLY COCHRAN CONCEDES DEFEAT IN HER CAMPAIGN FOR POST 2 COMMISSIONER THE DAY BEFORE THE ELECTION.

You already have Todd sitting in office. Can we take that as an official statement that Beverly has conceded?

Hey I know! I'll start a new topic titled BEVERLY COCHRAN CONCEDES DEFEAT IN HER CAMPAIGN FOR POST 2 COMMISSIONER THE DAY BEFORE THE ELECTION.

Sounds good to me! :lol:

Especially since he can't say anything about Beverly.

HEY! Did I tell y'all I VOTED for Todd?

Same dumb video of Todd Pownall (David Austin's campaign manager) acting like he's against an imaginary tax increase by Todd and David's opponent. Why is he silent now? Oh, because his guy is in office now. Yes folks, for those of you who didn't know, TODD POWNALL was DAVID AUSTIN'S campaign manager in 2008 when David ran. Now we're supposed to believe that TODD will, if elected, push back against David on pending mill-rate increases and tax hikes. Ooops, Todd is already 0 for 1 by taking a pass on this pending increase tomorrow.

I know that Jaydee Smith, David Austin's daughter and campaign manager, would take umbrage at your summarily removing her from that position and putting Todd Pownall in her place.

Get your facts straight, RR.

pubby

I know that Jaydee Smith, David Austin's daughter and campaign manager, would take umbrage at your summarily removing her from that position and putting Todd Pownall in her place.

Get your facts straight, RR.

pubby

If I'm wrong on that then a whole bunch of people are wrong on it. Won't be the first time.