Paulding.com

Commisioner David Austins ad in the paper this week

Dear Post 2 Constituents,

Many of you know that Post 2 in the New Georgia and Nebo Communities are the home places of my Austin and Pace Families. I would like to see that Post 2 Commission District be represented by a strong, hardworking, honest individual with family values that people respect. I would also like to serve on the Commission with someone that I respect as a businessperson with new ideas that will be looking to the future and not backwards from the past chairman.

In my opinion Todd Pownall will bring new ideas and not drudge up the past or hold back the Commission. Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck and his pledge is to serve without receiving a paycheck for the next two years as your Post 2 Commissioner. For job creation, conservative values, road improvements and public safety join me in supporting Todd Pownall as a strong conservative leader for Post 2.

Vote Todd Pownall – “A Man with a Hero’s Heart”

Sincerely,

David A. Austin

I don't think any sitting commissioner should endorse anyone running for office. This is going to make it difficult if Beverly wins and if Todd wins he will be saying yes sir to everything David says.

I think Beverly's presence on the BOC would be a disaster.

It is evident her primary reason for running is to seek revenge on David Austin for the fact she lost HER cushy $65,000 per year county job when he took over. With most government employees in clerical administration jobs making less than half of what she was drawing I do feel she got a pretty good ride off the county for a long, long time. Smells like she had one hell of a sweet-heart deal going during the 8 years she worked as Shearin's right arm.

It is also evident Beverly has the support of the old Shearin/Galloway group who has been in charge of the local GOP for so long. There are obviously 2 different groups now vying for control of the local GOP.

I also think it is very much the Chairman's right and responsibility to let the voters know who he would prefer to work with on the commission.

• Like 2

I don't think any sitting commissioner should endorse anyone running for office. This is going to make it difficult if Beverly wins and if Todd wins he will be saying yes sir to everything David says.

I agree!

I personally would say that Beverly's response is spot on. I'm sorry that I can't vote for this post.

:clapping:

I think Beverly's presence on the BOC would be a disaster.

It is evident her primary reason for running is to seek revenge on David Austin for the fact she lost HER cushy $65,000 per year county job when he took over. With most government employees in clerical administration jobs making less than half of what she was drawing I do feel she got a pretty good ride off the county for a long, long time. Smells like she had one hell of a sweet-heart deal going during the 8 years she worked as Shearin's right arm.

It is also evident Beverly has the support of the old Shearin/Galloway group who has been in charge of the local GOP for so long. There are obviously 2 different groups now vying for control of the local GOP.

I also think it is very much the Chairman's right and responsibility to let the voters know who he would prefer to work with on the commission.

Evident how? You say so? She does not want to represent Post 2 and serve Paulding? Your comments regarding her are absolutely ridiculous. They have been for months. Austin taking out that ad was in poor taste and I have a feeling will bite him in the behind.

They lady in the video is 100% correct...

:clapping:

• Like 1

Teachers? Ms. Cochran, in the past I have never seen anything but talk with BOE. Mr. Austin did not insult the teachers. Maybe some members of the BOE, but not Mr. Austin. As far as his right to do this, he is an elected official, so the folks will make that decision when election time comes again. Is it not great to live in the USA, in fact

just saw the third lady join the Supreme Court. So do not pull the teachers in this fray...the BOC may support teachers verbally, but the last time I checked everything rested with the BOE. You served under the former chairman, and you knew when the bell changed that you may not be on the inside. So if anyone has an agenda, might be you. Do you really think we are that ignorant? Guess we will see this coming Tuesday.

• Like 2

I personally would say that Beverly's response is spot on. I'm sorry that I can't vote for this post.

Madea:

We now have a definitive example of your logic.

Commission chairman says he wants local businessman with that kind of experience on his county board.

Commission chairman says he doesn't want individual who worked for the county for 18 years on his county board because of the baggage that individual carries - including the attitudes/deference to power that former county employee who finagled a $49990 severance check.

Individual says that is a slam on all county employees in an effort to obfuscate the issue and makes emotional plea asking chairman to apologize to all county employees for pointing out she was one.

Medea says that effort is 'spot on'

---------------------

With logic like, Madea, I'm going to have to remember not to drink coffee, sprite, DDP or any thing liquid when reading your stuff. Why? Well keyboards are expensive :)

pubby

Madea:

We now have a definitive example of your logic.

Commission chairman says he wants local businessman with that kind of experience on his county board.

Commission chairman says he doesn't want individual who worked for the county for 18 years on his county board because of the baggage that individual carries - including the attitudes/deference to power that former county employee who finagled a $49990 severance check.

Individual says that is a slam on all county employees in an effort to obfuscate the issue and makes emotional plea asking chairman to apologize to all county employees for pointing out she was one.

Medea says that effort is 'spot on'

---------------------

With logic like, Madea, I'm going to have to remember not to drink coffee, sprite, DDP or any thing liquid when reading your stuff. Why? Well keyboards are expensive :)

pubby

A county commissioner who refers to folks drawing a "government paycheck" with disdain speaks volumes to them all. Even though HE draws a nice government paycheck.

Since we seem to share the same view of each other's posts, I am the lucky one. You usually post such lengthy diatribes that I rarely read them. Cheers drinks.gif

• Like 1

A county commissioner who refers to folks drawing a "government paycheck" with disdain speaks volumes to them all. Even though HE draws a nice government paycheck.

Since we seem to share the same view of each other's posts, I am the lucky one. You usually post such lengthy diatribes that I rarely read them. Cheers drinks.gif

And just how many of our county employees get paid $65,000 a year ? Employees such as firemen, police who put their lives on the line to serve us, along with all of the other county employees who get out their and bust their butts for half of that amount?

And then when they realize they are going to lose that job hire a lawyer and threaten to sue ?

There is a definite agenda with Beverly's choice to run for the commission post.

We elected David Austin to be the Chairman 2 years ago. He still inherited post commissioners who were very much a part of the Shearin regime, and a devestated financial position, again thanks to the Shearin regime. And David Austin has done a damn good job of making lemonade from those lemons.

And now some of you want to put one of those same people from the Shearin regime back on the commission ? Amazing, simply amazing. How soon we forget.

With a well working commission made up of talented individuals who are looking out the the good of the county instead of their puppeteers we can expect to make some progress.

Possibly we can get legislation passed downtown to help us out with changing our rating in the state tier system and get economic development assistance. Why didn't the former regime do this ?

And get impact fees put in place to put the onus of paying for the county infrastructure on the developers and builders instead of the homeowners. Our previous regime told our legislators we did not want or need impact fees. Mr.Heath ratted on them when asked about it.

What happened to the fast track on the Richland Reservoir ? I learned recently that during the last 5 months of the Shearin/Beverly Cochran regime at the Chairman's office numerous letters from the Corp of Engineers requesting additional information for the project went UNANSWERED!!! As a result, when David Austin's group started working on pushing for the reservoir they learn we have been removed from the top of the list and put in the inactive file. I don't understand how errors such as this could have occurred. How can letters requesting details and information get filed away without a response ?

I have to assume Shearin and company did not care at that point. He was a lame duck and just let things slide. Yet he negotiated a substantial severance package for Pat Crook, the County Manager paying her consulting fees of $49,500, yet there was no mention of the fact about the reservoir snafu?

I sincerely hope David Barnett and Todd Pownall are able to win their post seats on the commission to give David a team to finally move paulding ahead economically.

And just how many of our county employees get paid $65,000 a year ? Employees such as firemen, police who put their lives on the line to serve us, along with all of the other county employees who get out their and bust their butts for half of that amount? I don't know, do you a link for their paychecks?

And then when they realize they are going to lose that job hire a lawyer and threaten to sue ? When they have a contract.

There is a definite agenda with Beverly's choice to run for the commission post. So you think. (your opinion, not factual)

We elected David Austin to be the Chairman 2 years ago. He still inherited post commissioners who were very much a part of the Shearin regime, and a devestated financial position, again thanks to the Shearin regime. And David Austin has done a damn good job of making lemonade from those lemons.

And now some of you want to put one of those same people from the Shearin regime back on the commission ? Amazing, simply amazing. How soon we forget.

With a well working commission made up of talented individuals who are looking out the the good of the county instead of their puppeteers we can expect to make some progress. So DA hand picking his people is what we should agree to?

Possibly we can get legislation passed downtown to help us out with changing our rating in the state tier system and get economic development assistance. Why didn't the former regime do this ? I don't know, do you?

And get impact fees put in place to put the onus of paying for the county infrastructure on the developers and builders instead of the homeowners. Our previous regime told our legislators we did not want or need impact fees. Mr.Heath ratted on them when asked about it.

What happened to the fast track on the Richland Reservoir ? I learned recently that during the last 5 months of the Shearin/Beverly Cochran regime at the Chairman's office numerous letters from the Corp of Engineers requesting additional information for the project went UNANSWERED!!! As a result, when David Austin's group started working on pushing for the reservoir they learn we have been removed from the top of the list and put in the inactive file. I don't understand how errors such as this could have occurred. How can letters requesting details and information get filed away without a response ?

I have to assume Shearin and company did not care at that point. He was a lame duck and just let things slide. Yet he negotiated a substantial severance package for Pat Crook, the County Manager paying her consulting fees of $49,500, yet there was no mention of the fact about the reservoir snafu?

I sincerely hope David Barnett and Todd Pownall are able to win their post seats on the commission to give David a team to finally move paulding ahead economically. So, a "new" good ole boy hand picked network, huh?

What amazes me is that all of those who are so paranoid about who Jerry Shearin MIGHT be backing (since I don't think he has publically backed anyone) are okay with whoever the Austin crew picks. You are perfectly okay with a full political hat trick.

• Like 1

bravo-009.gif

Thank you

What amazes me is that all of those who are so paranoid about who Jerry Shearin MIGHT be backing (since I don't think he has publically backed anyone) are okay with whoever the Austin crew picks. You are perfectly okay with a full political hat trick.

That is because for many people politics is about who you like or don't like- not principles.

Amazing that, in the eyes of their own CEO, all government employees seem to be viewed as being of less value than a real estate salesperson. Maybe he just has the view that it is okay for them to be a worker in the rank and file, but it isn't okay to for them to try and move up out of the servant's quarters. Put a little pressure on a politician and sometimes the real person- the real way they think and feel- comes out...... :glare:

I have read the Commission Chairman's newspaper add several times and I do not read it as an insult to anyone except maybe someone who would have been grossly overpaid and then demand a lump sum settlement / payout to go away quietly.

I for one have respect for the Chairman. We have discussed several issues that are near and dear to my family, when he was running, after he won the primary and after he took office. I have always found him to be available, accessable, open, honest and very obsessed with serving the citizens of Paulding County with honestly, openness and integerty.

I cannot say the same about the previous Chairman. Maybe he was as open, but I was never able to get past his door guards. One of which now says she wants to serve us.

I do know Todd Pownall. I know first hand of Todd's heart to serve his fellow citizens. For years Todd has given much to the citizens of Paulding County while asking nothing in return. I have seen first hand Todd refusing a nice commission so that children would have a better roof over their heads. I have the voided contract in my files to verify Todd refused a commission on a home so that a single father with 2 young children could afford the home.

We need more giving, open and honest people like Todd representing us.

I for one hope we continue along the path we are on now and never allow any of the past administration an opportunity to hold office in Paulding County again.

• Like 6

Since my post, Madea, not one response concerning her mentioning teachers....now give me a break...everything else has to do with the past and present administrations. Again, another example of let's just mention everybody......My personal opinion is, was it legal, and evidently it was or he would not have done it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend..

I have read the Commission Chairman's newspaper add several times and I do not read it as an insult to anyone except maybe someone who would have been grossly overpaid and then demand a lump sum settlement / payout to go away quietly.

I for one have respect for the Chairman. We have discussed several issues that are near and dear to my family, when he was running, after he won the primary and after he took office. I have always found him to be available, accessable, open, honest and very obsessed with serving the citizens of Paulding County with honestly, openness and integerty.

I cannot say the same about the previous Chairman. Maybe he was as open, but I was never able to get past his door guards. One of which now says she wants to serve us.

I do know Todd Pownall. I know first hand of Todd's heart to serve his fellow citizens. For years Todd has given much to the citizens of Paulding County while asking nothing in return. I have seen first hand Todd refusing a nice commission so that children would have a better roof over their heads. I have the voided contract in my files to verify Todd refused a commission on a home so that a single father with 2 young children could afford the home.

We need more giving, open and honest people like Todd representing us.

I for one hope we continue along the path we are on now and never allow any of the past administration an opportunity to hold office in Paulding County again.

mojo413 This is an excellent post,And expressess the feelings of most everyone in this forum.

It is past time to elect honorable, honest,and caring persons to the commissioners post, And Todd Pownall is just that person.

• Like 1

1st - I will not vote for Beverly Cochran ....because I know her and her family. PuhLEEZZZE!

Oh, and I didn't get the samething about drawing the govt. paycheck like she made out. PLEASE don't put your job in the same catagory as Police, Fire, and teachers. God knows it's not even CLOSE to being the same!

1st - I will not vote for Beverly Cochran ....because I know her and her family. PuhLEEZZZE!

Oh, and I didn't get the samething about drawing the govt. paycheck like she made out. PLEASE don't put your job in the same catagory as Police, Fire, and teachers. God knows it's not even CLOSE to being the same!

Yep. She is a drama queen. And not even a good drama queen. she should stay out of politics and try to get some control on her own family. We don't need this caliber of people representing our intrest.

"Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck and his pledge is to serve without receiving a paycheck for the next two years as your Post 2 Commissioner" And he is a honest and honorable person

Fixed it for you :D

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

If one reads the letter David wrote you will see that he never mentions Ms. Cochran but describes what Todd Pownall isn't. Ask yourself why Regan Republican is so worried about those facts?

Oh he's not talking about Beverly? Than who is he talking about when he says: "Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck" ?

Oh he's not talking about Beverly? Than who is he talking about when he says: "Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck" ?

here is what was said "Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck and his pledge is to serve without receiving a paycheck for the next two years as your Post 2 Commissioner"

he is merely implying that due to the finicial condition that the county is in that Todd is willing to work for no salary for the first two years where maybe no more employees will have to be laid off. What is wrong with that?

Dear Post 2 Constituents,

Many of you know that Post 2 in the New Georgia and Nebo Communities are the home places of my Austin and Pace Families. I would like to see that Post 2 Commission District be represented by a strong, hardworking, honest individual with family values that people respect. I would also like to serve on the Commission with someone that I respect as a businessperson with new ideas that will be looking to the future and not backwards from the past chairman.

In my opinion Todd Pownall will bring new ideas and not drudge up the past or hold back the Commission. Todd has not spent the last 12 to 18 years drawing a Government paycheck and his pledge is to serve without receiving a paycheck for the next two years as your Post 2 Commissioner. For job creation, conservative values, road improvements and public safety join me in supporting Todd Pownall as a strong conservative leader for Post 2.

Vote Todd Pownall – “A Man with a Hero’s Heart”

Sincerely,

David A. Austin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s70w7vyaLCQ

I have looked at this you tube several times, And read the ad several times and have yet to find what she is so appaled about?

Seems to me that if Beverly could take the time to do a you tube and have it posted then certaintly she should be willing to set down with Pubby Austin, Todd and explain why she is so appalled by the ad. We have many more important issues facing our county that need to be talked and campaigned about than an endorsemant in a local news paper. Lets talk about jobs, the reservoir, Transportation etc. Sit down and talk it out for all to see and hear

I have looked at this you tube several times, And read the ad several times and have yet to find what she is so appaled about?

Seems to me that if Beverly could take the time to do a you tube and have it posted then certaintly she should be willing to set down with Pubby Austin, Todd and explain why she is so appalled by the ad. We have many more important issues facing our county that need to be talked and campaigned about than an endorsemant in a local news paper. Lets talk about jobs, the reservoir, Transportation etc. Sit down and talk it out for all to see and hear

You do realize it's less than a 2 minute video. rolleyes.gif

You do realize it's less than a 2 minute video. rolleyes.gif

Yes I realize that it was short, I also realize that if she is elected commissioner she is expected to be able to communicate her positions on the various issues that come before the commission in real time before the cameras, and sometimes during a open debate in a public hearing, i am not so sure that she realizes that all issues cannot be resolved by hanging a brown bag on someobes mail box though?

I wouldnt vote for Cochran if I lived in that district, which I dont. HOWEVER, I do think we ought to leave her family and all families out of it. Plain and simple it is the candidates who are running and not their families. I dont judge people based on what their moms, kids, dads, uncles, or even 3rd cousins do! I look at what they can bring to their district and make the best choice possible on who THEY are.

I wouldnt vote for Cochran if I lived in that district, which I dont. HOWEVER, I do think we ought to leave her family and all families out of it. Plain and simple it is the candidates who are running and not their families. I dont judge people based on what their moms, kids, dads, uncles, or even 3rd cousins do! I look at what they can bring to their district and make the best choice possible on who THEY are.

Seriously!

Feelip that is beyond a ridiculous statement. :wacko: Read Palm Trees Rock statement.