Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
kahite

Advise on a new laptop

I know we have several computer guys on here, so I am hoping someone can help. I am trying to find a new laptop. There are so many choices out there, Considering Toshiba L675-S7018, Is the new i3 really a better processor?

I'm getting a new laptop in the next few weeks, as well, and have started doing my research. I spoke with Justin yesterday at Staples, he was helpful. Spoke with my mom the other day, she recommended against a Toshiba. She had one and said it didn't have a long life. She now has a Dell and loves it. I'm considering a HP for my next. I now have an acer. I didn't buy it. Hubby just came home with it one day and it has been our computer ever since. We have already had to replace the processor, but we have had it for several years. We got it a month before Vista came out. Acer was suppose to send us Vista for free, but we never received it.

Best advice? Get a desktop :)

They are much cheaper to buy, repair and tend to last longer.

That said, what are your requirements? Basic use, gaming or...

Nick

Hey, Monti here, just thought I would chime in. The best thing to do is to call Robin at 678-685-9759. He provides pre purchase advice through purchase and final setup. You will save on average 4 hours of your time, and around $250-300 on your purchase. Just figure out what you want to use your laptop for, and relay that info to Robin, and he will take care of all the rest. And best of all, there is no charge to call and find out what he can do for you!!

Cheers!!

drinks.gif

Monti J. Monitor

I know we have several computer guys on here, so I am hoping someone can help. I am trying to find a new laptop. There are so many choices out there, Considering Toshiba L675-S7018, Is the new i3 really a better processor?

I think Toshiba's quality has dropped on their lower end machines. Dell or Lenovo is my preference when it comes to Laptops. As for the processor choice, it really depends on what you will be using the machine for. If you will primarily be using it for internet access and Office documents, just about any processor will be fine just make sure it has a minimum of 2 gigs of memory. If, on the other hand, you want to play the latest shoot-em-up games, you need to spend more.